What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 17 stars? (1 Viewer)

JoeSteeler

Footballguy
For those of us that have championships in week 17, who are some players that may be FF stars this week with the usual starters sitting?

I will throw one out - Pat Mahomes is starting for the Chiefs this week

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it confirmed the rest of the Chiefs' starters are resting? I have Kelce and want to drop him to block my opponent

I haven’t seen anything confirmed, however on my fantasy football team that I have Hunt and Kelce, both are projected with 0 and Smith is sitting so I’d assume they sit the others also. 

I haven’t seen anything confirmed, however on my fantasy football team that I have Hunt and Kelce, both are projected with 0 and Smith is sitting so I’d assume they sit the others also. 
So...are you going to wait for a confirmation before dropping?

I am actually done. Our season ends week 16. Good luck to you this week

Eta- however if I was in your position I would wait myself until it’s confirmed. My luck I’d drop him and he’d play. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I am actually done. Our season ends week 16. Good luck to you this week

Eta- however if I was in your position I would wait myself until it’s confirmed. My luck I’d drop him and he’d play. 
Season over also but we have a $300 prize for week 17 top scoring team. It ain't over til it's over! Have Kelce also but looking to pick someone up. Even if Kelce plays I could see it being only 1-2 series at most. 

If Gio starts he's been crushing it lately and should get tons of volume against the Ravens so could see him getting around 20 points in PPR. 

For those of us that have championships in week 17, who are some players that may be FF stars this week with the usual starters sitting?

I will throw one out - Pat Mahomes is starting for the Chiefs this week
Hope so.  I'm starting him over Dak and Case this week since Rodgers is out again.  Not sure if the others will get to/need to play the entire game.  Plus I have to swing for the fences as I am woefully undermanned against the juggernaut in our league this year.  Too many injuries so I need a moonshot.

Season over also but we have a $300 prize for week 17 top scoring team. It ain't over til it's over! Have Kelce also but looking to pick someone up. Even if Kelce plays I could see it being only 1-2 series at most. 
Speaking of which, Gates was on the wire so I picked him up and might start him over Kelce.  San Diego is in a must win, right?  ;)

Speaking of which, Gates was on the wire so I picked him up and might start him over Kelce.  San Diego is in a must win, right?  ;)
yes but only if things go there way in the early games...they need help but i cant remember which teams need to win / lose

QB's who may produce in week 17 besides the usual #1's include: Stafford (ummmm), Cousins (great match up), or Garoppolo 

RB's: Saints RB's, McCoy, Drake, Henry

WR's: MIN WR's, One of the the Lions? Goodwin? Doctson or Crowder?

TE's: Slim pickens - Gates? Olsen?

Which stack do you like best?

Cousins / Doctson or Crowder - low price

Stafford / Jones, Jr. or Tate

Garoppolo / Goodwin

Keenum / Thielen or Diggs 

Speaking Thursday, Rams coach Sean McVay said top receivers Robert Woods, Cooper Kupp and Sammy Watkins would see little Week 17 playing time.

Josh Reynolds should see a lot of snaps

Speaking Thursday, Rams coach Sean McVay said top receivers Robert Woods, Cooper Kupp and Sammy Watkins would see little Week 17 playing time.

Josh Reynolds should see a lot of snaps
I wonder about the LAR D? They got lit up before when healthy. Now resting key players. Garoppolo produce?

Josh Reynolds will see lots of time, but will he connect with Sean Mannion? I had to look up his name. I say the LAR fall in this game 27 to 16.

Basically your saying starters on teams that need win to make playoffs? lol
Yeah, there's a difference between "Start these guys as you normally would" and "Start these guys because they will have extra motivation to make the playoffs." The first is common sense. The latter is highly speculative.

I wonder about the LAR D? They got lit up before when healthy. Now resting key players. Garoppolo produce?

Josh Reynolds will see lots of time, but will he connect with Sean Mannion? I had to look up his name. I say the LAR fall in this game 27 to 16.
After seeing what he did to Jax, would you want to start a D facing Jimmy G, full strength or not?

After seeing what he did to Jax, would you want to start a D facing Jimmy G, full strength or not?
More than sitting LAR D is how well will Jimmy G produce? Is Goodwin a decent play? Like high-end WR #2? Right in the range with Tate, Diggs, and maybe even Fuller now? Seems like Goodwin is the go-to guy. Feed him a lot in this game?

Roger Lewis 

Engram, Shepard, King all ruled out.

Anyone know if he is talented? I know he could guarantee me 40-50 yards but I need more upside.

Roger Lewis 

Engram, Shepard, King all ruled out.

Anyone know if he is talented? I know he could guarantee me 40-50 yards but I need more upside.
I was going to say Gallman for the same reasons. He’s been catching a lot of balls out of the flat the past few weeks and may continue with few other pass catchers.

For those who aren't playing for anything this week, are there any "Fast Willie Parker" candidates to keep an eye on? Back in '04, FWP got the spot start in Week 17 as the Steelers rested Bettis. He looked good, and as a result some sharps (alas, I was not one of them) targeted him the following year, where he busted out for a 1K season. I think something similar happened with Arian Foster in '09. (Of course, the same thing also happened with Joe McKnight one year, and he was never heard from again.)

Not sure who this year's candidates could be. Gallman doesn't really count since his snap count has been steadily increasing. Neither does Marlon Mack. Malcolm Brown doesn't count because he's not going to get the job.

Maybe Mike Davis? Kerwyn Williams? Alfred Blue? Tian Green?

Users who are viewing this thread