What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade 1.01? (1 Viewer)

downsouth

Footballguy
12 team PPR, dynasty, 1/2/2/1/1

give: 1.01, 1.09, 2.01

get: julio, Henry 

I was last place.

RBs: Anderson, Cohen, Duke, ekeler, Blount, clement, m brown, j Williams

WRs: cooks, fuller, stills, lee, maclin, Ross, Meredith 

NO

A. You can get more

B.  That trade won't get you to top of league

C.   If you trade 1.1 u should get player AND another first

wait. No hurry. You can do better

The 1.01 pick will continue to gain value as the draft day approaches.   Everyone falls in love with the shiny new toy and will continue to improve their offers for that pick as you get closer to the draft.  Now is not the time to move it if you want to move it. 

If you are sure you want to trade it I would put it out on the trade bait and make it known that you are willing to move the pick.  if you were in last place you are probably more than one piece away of being a serious contender and need a lot more help than a Julio Jones that continues to get nicked up and goes away for a few games a year.  You should be able to get an impact player and  picks in return and there should be no way you have to give up multiple first round picks in addition to the 1.01.

Hold tight.  You will get better offers if you are serious about moving the pick.

He updated the offer and dropped the 2.01. Just asking 1.01 and 1.09. 

I agree that julio and Henry won’t make me a contender. My team is super young. 

I assume the Henry is Derrick? I still like Henry for some mystifying reason, so I could see 1.01 for Henry and Jones, but I agree with @Gally that the time to move the 1.01 isn't immediately after the season. Best times are probably right after NFL draft or right before your rookie draft.

I assume the Henry is Derrick? I still like Henry for some mystifying reason, so I could see 1.01 for Henry and Jones, but I agree with @Gally that the time to move the 1.01 isn't immediately after the season. Best times are probably right after NFL draft or right before your rookie draft.
Hahahaha.  For some reason I was thinking Hunter Henry.  If it is Derrick Henry that is a much better offer but I still  think giving up 1.09 in addition to the 1.01 is too much.

Pass even if it's Derrick Henry and Julio.

OP team is miles away from competing, so there is no reason to acquire Julio who only has about 2-3 years of good production left.  I like Henry, but there is no guarantee that he will be the guy next year.

If you're going to rebuild....REBUILD.  Unless someone knocks your socks off with an offer (in terms of youth or veterans that make you a contending team), keep the pick and take the best player and go from there.

It is Derrick Henry. Agree with you all about julio not being the answer. I’ll sit on my 3 1st round picks and 3 2nd round picks and rebuild. Thanks.

It is Derrick Henry. Agree with you all about julio not being the answer. I’ll sit on my 3 1st round picks and 3 2nd round picks and rebuild. Thanks.
I wouldn't say for you to not trade those picks just that you should hold them until closer to the draft and put them on the trade market so people know you are willing to move them.  I have no problem using those picks to rebuild but there is more than one way to "use" them.  Trading them for a nice haul is sometimes a great way to rebuild quickly.

1.01 can't get hurt in OTAs/Camp/PreSeason, Julio/Henry can.  Let everyone know you're interested in moving 1.01 and pull the trigger the night or two before your league draft. You'd have to pummel someone in the trade in order to pull the trigger now. 

Keep this in mind:

The presumed 1.1 pick is Barkley, who is also seen as a top 10-12 dynasty player regardless of format. The hype around Barkley is likely to grow. His physical skills are truly elite and, as we get closer to the draft, the hype will increase. I think waiting this out is the right move. Julio and Henry is a great starting point for 1.1 and 1.9 and you can use this starting off point to field other offers if you would like to move the pick. 

If word gets around your league that 1.1 is potentially available and that Henry and Julio serve as a starting point, chances are reasonably good that someone else jumps in with an even stronger offer.

Users who are viewing this thread