Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
belljr

***Official putting together an Audiophile system - electric boogaloo***

I picked up another Salamander Cabinet this week.  This one is sixty six inches long with nine internal shelves.  These units hold A LOT of weight and it's just what I need to store all the heavy amps I have acquired over the last month. 

I also grabbed a solid metal and wire LP record holder.  The only thing with that is there is some paint chipping.  So now I need to figure out how to sand and repaint metal.

The space is coming along.  I hope to have some pictures up over the next week or so.  I have seven TV's in my house, but I'm ginna need to pick up another that is 60 or larger for the new space.

Does anyone know if those weights they put on top of the turntables now help the sound?  I never used one.  Thanks

Is anyone else putting a setup together?

On 2/1/2020 at 4:26 PM, Klimtology said:

Hey, I bought the TT!

Is the bronze a better upgrade than the blue stylus?

I may want to upgrade.

TIA

Bronze has a fine line diamond so you should be able to notice some improved high frequencies. 
you can actually put the Bronze stylus on the blue/red body and will get most of the improvement in performance without spending the bigger bucks to get the whole cartridge. About $200 vs $500

• Like 1

I just upgraded my turntable, swapped out the Project Debut Carbon for a Technics 1500c. Listening to vinyl just jumped up several notches. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

50 minutes ago, jerry jones said:

I just upgraded my turntable, swapped out the Project Debut Carbon for a Technics 1500c. Listening to vinyl just jumped up several notches. 

I returned the Project Debut Carbon as well.  Looking to get a Technics 1200gr

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Klimtology said:

I returned the Project Debut Carbon as well.  Looking to get a Technics 1200gr

I know a couple guys that have it, very nice table. I didn’t want any of the “DJ” capabilities...pitch control etc 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jerry jones said:

I know a couple guys that have it, very nice table. I didn’t want any of the “DJ” capabilities...pitch control etc 

I think the GR is made in Japan whereas the cheaper models are made in china.  Not sure if it makes a difference.

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 9:35 AM, PIK95 said:

I picked up another Salamander Cabinet this week.  This one is sixty six inches long with nine internal shelves.  These units hold A LOT of weight and it's just what I need to store all the heavy amps I have acquired over the last month. 

I also grabbed a solid metal and wire LP record holder.  The only thing with that is there is some paint chipping.  So now I need to figure out how to sand and repaint metal.

The space is coming along.  I hope to have some pictures up over the next week or so.  I have seven TV's in my house, but I'm ginna need to pick up another that is 60 or larger for the new space.

Does anyone know if those weights they put on top of the turntables now help the sound?  I never used one.  Thanks

Is anyone else putting a setup together?

Nice, they were one of the two companies I was looking at for my home theater setup, I ended up going with Standout Designs.  I had to go with the more custom home theater brands because my center channel speaker was too big to fit in anything "standard" you can find in furniture stores.  I freaked out a little at the time because the "tv stand" cost more then the TV, but man I love it.  All my gear hidden away on 6 shelves, a huge center channel spot and two big drawers for discs and video game controllers.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, The Tick said:

Nice, they were one of the two companies I was looking at for my home theater setup, I ended up going with Standout Designs.  I had to go with the more custom home theater brands because my center channel speaker was too big to fit in anything "standard" you can find in furniture stores.  I freaked out a little at the time because the "tv stand" cost more then the TV, but man I love it.  All my gear hidden away on 6 shelves, a huge center channel spot and two big drawers for discs and video game controllers.

I have already bought three different pieces of furniture (two salamander pieces) for all this stuff I'm getting together. I'll check out the other brand you mentioned.  I haven't even really considered where our video game stuff is going.  Yikes.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, jerry jones said:

Bronze has a fine line diamond so you should be able to notice some improved high frequencies. 
you can actually put the Bronze stylus on the blue/red body and will get most of the improvement in performance without spending the bigger bucks to get the whole cartridge. About $200 vs $500

I know nothing about the cartridges, but I was wondering if they can be repaired.  I have a good one but the needle part is gone.  A few cartridges came with one of the Thorens 160's I bought.  

I have a loose red and black Shure vn35mr one, a Stanton G2100, and a blue Ortofon M15E Super.  Are those any good?  I have half a dozen others floating around here.  

Edited by PIK95

19 hours ago, PIK95 said:

I know nothing about the cartridges, but I was wondering if they can be repaired.  I have a good one but the needle part is gone.  A few cartridges came with one of the Thorens 160's I bought.  

I have a loose red and black Shure vn35mr one, a Stanton G2100, and a blue Ortofon M15E Super.  Are those any good?  I have half a dozen others floating around here.  

Those should have a removable stylus, maybe replacements can be found online or try an audio store nearby? 

• Thanks 1