What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Most overrated movie you’ve seen? (1 Viewer)

RokNRole

Footballguy
This thread is inspired by the “ worst movie you’ve ever seen” thread.

The big Lebowski is by far the most overrated film I can think of. I’m a huge coen brothers fan and I’ve seen Lebowski 5 or 6 times and I just don’t see why it’s so revered. I think it’s one of their weakest films.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which film do you think deserves that spot?

Does being the highest rated film automatically make it overrated?
It's overrated but not the most. It was a flop when it came out but I remember a friend saying it was good so I rented it with low expectations and it blew me away. However, if I had gone into expecting the best movie ever made, I would have been  disappointed. 

The top film on imdb should be: Kane, Casablanca, Godfather, Goodfellas, The Aparrment or The Best Years of Our Lives imo. 

Star Wars Episode 7: The Force Awakens. If history had never happened and it was an original story, it would have been a great movie (and many people do consider it a great movie). The problem is that it outright plagiarized Episode 4: A New Hope and had almost zero originality. Way overrated.

Is this the thread where everyone comes to argue about subjective bullsh*t?  

The correct answer to the question is the original Star Wars (A New Hope)

Because it was ####### awesome. 
I view it on the level of something like Crank - dumb as hell but maybe fun to watch some 'splosions.   I got the fans liking it, but was shuked by critics fawning over it.  I see it listed as one of the movies of the decade regardless of genre and/or the best action movie ever made.  

Is this the thread where everyone comes to argue about subjective bullsh*t?  

The correct answer to the question is the original Star Wars (A New Hope)
That one, the Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi are the only ones worth watching.

Most recent for me was Fences.  I was begging for the movie to end.. Denzel did an ok acting job I guess, but the overall story was just stupid.

LOTR strikes me right out da box, partly because it's the king of the "find archetypes in literature & comics, bang the subtlety & humanity entirely out of them, add beaucoups fight scenes, slap em up on the screen" phenomena that makes fanboys droool and, adjunctly, because there was never a point watching any of them where i didn't think "Tolkien would hate this".

My personal one is Brazil. Because i'm a pre-hallucinogenic bozo, EVVYBODY & their dogs said "this is the perfect flick for you" and it was just a bunch of masturbatory nonsense

Users who are viewing this thread