What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post Pictures Of Your Dog Here. Or Any Other Pet You Have (1 Viewer)

Dog #2. Vestal.  https://imgur.com/pGNCWzN

Funny story for her. I was setting up downtown for the Homeless thing we do. Super cold December night about four years ago.

When I got there, there was a homeless woman waiting for me. She started telling me about how great her dog is. I thought it was going to wind up with her asking me for money for dog food. 

Instead, she started crying and said, "I'm freezing. I can't even take care of my dog. I think you're a good person. Would you take my dog?"

Sheesh. I would so much have rather her ask me for $5 as we already had four dogs at home. 

I said, "First let's see this dog". If it was foaming at the mouth I was going to have to pass. 

I went over and looked and it was a skinny mostly schnauzer that's never had a haircut. Total ball of matted fur. With a 1/2" nylon rope tied around it's neck for a leash / collar. 

I told her to think about and make sure as I would be there for a couple of hours. I told her if she still felt the same way at the end of the night, I'd take the dog.

At the end of the night, she came over sniffling with the dog in her arms and asked me to please take good care of her. It was super sweet and sad. 

I think she had been badly abused. Scared of most everything. The woman said the owner before her had kicked the dog a lot. But even with that, she craves human attention. She wants to be right next to you wherever you are. Even though she's scared. I named her Vestal. Vestal is the name of a neighborhood not far from where we were. 

I see the woman every few months and she always asks about the dog. She's probably the most loyal dog I've ever had.

Pretty good example of nature / nurture. Her nurture was pretty awful. But she's turned out to be a great dog. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not familiar with the breed Hawks. Can you tell me about them?
Native breed to America, specifically the Louisiana area. They are in the cattle dog family and are used for either hunting or herding. Single coat dogs that range from blue merle, to red merle, red, tan, black and tan, and all sorts of cool variations. Have brown/yellowish eyes, blue eyes or glass eyes. Often you'll see them with one glass eye and one brownish eye. Walker has glass eyes. They are a dominant breed so not the dog for everyone but are great family dogs, easy to train for those experience and sweet dispositions.

This is Mollie.  I’ve had her for about 10 years now.  I asked the FFA a long time ago what breed they thought she was.  Turns out she’s part beagle, part border collie.  So she basically is smart as hell like a border collie and has the stomach of a beagle so she wants people food all the time (what dog doesn’t, right?).  We found her at the local shelter after she was on the streets for a couple of weeks.  No idea where she came from, but someone did some basic training with her.  She has a lot of border collie neurotic behavior, but I think it’s mellowed out by the beagle.  Mollie generally doesn’t bark much which is pretty cool.  She’s Mrs. O’s fur baby.  She’s spoiled like she should be and happy with her pack (us).  Always a great dog with great energy even at her age which is roughly around 12.  We are very lucky to have found her.   

Native breed to America, specifically the Louisiana area. They are in the cattle dog family and are used for either hunting or herding. Single coat dogs that range from blue merle, to red merle, red, tan, black and tan, and all sorts of cool variations. Have brown/yellowish eyes, blue eyes or glass eyes. Often you'll see them with one glass eye and one brownish eye. Walker has glass eyes. They are a dominant breed so not the dog for everyone but are great family dogs, easy to train for those experience and sweet dispositions.
IIRC deafness is a common trait with this breed. My friend's dog was deaf and that is what she told me anyway.

IIRC deafness is a common trait with this breed. My friend's dog was deaf and that is what she told me anyway.
For those with glass eyes it is, as well as vision impairment. So far no issues with our little guy, and per our breeder you usually see those right away.

Huck

https://imgur.com/rm15wrG

I got him in August as what the vet thought was about a 12 week old stray. Some person had dumped him out on the road near my Dad's farm. He was eating out of the garbage. He's on easy street now. 
@Joe 8ryant

Found her his sister.  

https://imgur.com/a/9qxuP

https://imgur.com/BOjXQmK

Was in a deer blind at a friends farm and she crawled up in the dark and went to slept at the door.  Followed me back to the truck.  Lucky to be alive given all the coyotes.  Keep her for 8 weeks until I could find a better home for her...a nursery/farm with mom (professor), dad, and kids plus another rescue dog.  Used to have three dogs and wanted to keep her, but with all the travel I do right now it wasn't fair to her.

My English Labradors, Elizabeth and Victoria.

Lizzy is 6, had her since she was 10 weeks old.  She has a bad hip so our walks aren’t as long as they used to be, but she’s a wonderful companion, a sweetheart who loves to give kisses and receive stomach rubs.  

Rory is 3 months old, adopted her last month.  She’s very bright and vocal.  A bit more stubborn than her sister, but we’re learning her learning style and having a blast getting to know her; my daughter loves training her and teaching her tricks.  

Omar

Somebody open this door please

Playing football in his first backyard in the first snow (light as it may be)

That last pic is why I work 70 hours a week. Kids aren't in the cards for us, and you can imagine how that fartknocker gets treated. I've got a pic of his first dump in his backyard, too, for anyone interested.

He'll be 8 soon, and I've been debating about getting a 2nd dog. We went by the pound, checking things out, but a 2nd dog would be tough. Omar ain't perfect, but all the annoying things that I don't like dogs to do have been trained out of him long ago. I'm sure it'd be worth it if we do it, but I've got to get my mind right about going through it all again.

Dog #2. Vestal.  https://imgur.com/pGNCWzN

Funny story for her. I was setting up downtown for the Homeless thing we do. Super cold December night about four years ago.

When I got there, there was a homeless woman waiting for me. She started telling me about how great her dog is. I thought it was going to wind up with her asking me for money for dog food. 

Instead, she started crying and said, "I'm freezing. I can't even take care of my dog. I think you're a good person. Would you take my dog?"

Sheesh. I would so much have rather her ask me for $5 as we already had four dogs at home. 

I said, "First let's see this dog". If it was foaming at the mouth I was going to have to pass. 

I went over and looked and it was a skinny mostly schnauzer that's never had a haircut. Total ball of matted fur. With a 1/2" nylon rope tied around it's neck for a leash / collar. 

I told her to think about and make sure as I would be there for a couple of hours. I told her if she still felt the same way at the end of the night, I'd take the dog.

At the end of the night, she came over sniffling with the dog in her arms and asked me to please take good care of her. It was super sweet and sad. 

I think she had been badly abused. Scared of most everything. The woman said the owner before her had kicked the dog a lot. But even with that, she craves human attention. She wants to be right next to you wherever you are. Even though she's scared. I named her Vestal. Vestal is the name of a neighborhood not far from where we were. 

I see the woman every few months and she always asks about the dog. She's probably the most loyal dog I've ever had.

Pretty good example of nature / nurture. Her nurture was pretty awful. But she's turned out to be a great dog. 
Look at that tail going 90 MPH. Love it.

Both photos are great, special shout-out to the second one.  My adult Lab strikes a pose like that frequently.  When she does, my daughter and I have a running gag blaming the other for "putting the dog together wrong" and/or "don't get a dog from IKEA".  And then the dog gets her stomach rubbed.  Which I suppose contributes to why we see that pose so often.   

Sully - one of our 2 Aussies
Love this breed.  So smart.  Our Lab puppy is in a "puppy playgroup" at our neighborhood pet store with an Aussie, a Siberian Husky, a Redbone Coonhound, and two other Labradors.  Drop 'em all into the same room and it's Puppy Wrestlemania for like an hour.  We'll so stuff like drop blankets over 'em or hide treats under a pillow.  The Aussie is clearly the best problem-solver of the group.     

Love this breed.  So smart.  Our Lab puppy is in a "puppy playgroup" at our neighborhood pet store with an Aussie, a Siberian Husky, a Redbone Coonhound, and two other Labradors.  Drop 'em all into the same room and it's Puppy Wrestlemania for like an hour.  We'll so stuff like drop blankets over 'em or hide treats under a pillow.  The Aussie is clearly the best problem-solver of the group.     
Love both our Aussies - Sully is a big goofball, 8 years old and all puppy.  He would chase a frisbee all day long if someone would throw it.  Molly, is a rescue dog, and is a bit more temperamental - but she is the alpha dog, and the brains of the operation.

But, the smartest dogs we had were a pair of Jack Russels.  I am convinced Sammy (looked like Wishbone) thought he was a human.  We were at my in-laws house for Thanksgiving one year, and there must have been a total of 8 dogs there, and they were all in a large fenced in backyard.  All the people were inside, and pretty soon we hear a dog barking at the front door - Sammy had found a way out of the backyard, and ran around to the front door trying to get back in the house so he could be with the people!  We let him in, and he jumped up on the couch with his peeps.

But, when we had our first child, and brought her home, we were a bit nervous around the dogs.  Sammy, was fine, happy to have someone his size around, but from the moment we walked through the door, Mookie was jumping at who ever held the baby, and was nipping at the blanket.  After a couple of days of this, my wife was in tears because she could not imagine having to get rid of Mookie because she could not trust him around the baby.

Well, to make a long story short, it took us a little while to figure out what Mookie was doing - he was not trying to jump and bite the baby, he was trying to get the blanket off to see the baby - he was simply trying to see what he was going to protect.  And, from that moment on, he rarely far away from the baby.  We have tons of pictures where Mookie is laying right next to our daughter, but this picture has always been a favorite of mine - its my Dad holding our daughter, while Mookie is standing guard, and making sure nothing bad was going to happen.

My daughter would love a dog but when no one is home 9 hours every day don't think it's fair to the animal

Both photos are great, special shout-out to the second one.  My adult Lab strikes a pose like that frequently.  When she does, my daughter and I have a running gag blaming the other for "putting the dog together wrong" and/or "don't get a dog from IKEA".  And then the dog gets her stomach rubbed.  Which I suppose contributes to why we see that pose so often.   
He is a big goof best dog I have ever owned.If you look close at the arm of the love seat that is the Bloodhound drool factor coming into play.Got to love dogs.

Louisiana state dog 

Users who are viewing this thread