What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

== OFFICIAL OAKLAND RAIDERS 2018 thread == (1 Viewer)

joey

Footballguy
Let's start looking ahead to a bounce-back 2018 with a high draft pick, new head coach (Gruden?!?!) and offensive coordinator. 

Playoffs or bust in 2018. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I like how everyone is saying it was Adam Schefter that broke the news when in reality it was Scott Winter from a little known Raiders web site "Las Vegas Raiders Report" that broke the story a day before Adam Schefter did.

Anyway I'm excited for Gruden to join the Raiders, it just feels right.

Joe Arrigo
‏@joearrigo
Per sources, Gus Bradley is Jon Gruden’s preferred choice to be his DC for the #Raiders.

I also heard John Morton is who he would like for OC.

Feel bad for JDR, but he just didn't get the job done.  Bringing JDR back would have just been delaying his firing a year and I give Mark a lot of credit for not messing around and not wasting another year and going out and getting a big time coach.

Feel bad for JDR, but he just didn't get the job done.  Bringing JDR back would have just been delaying his firing a year and I give Mark a lot of credit for not messing around and not wasting another year and going out and getting a big time coach.
Agreed.   JDR had his chances.   The losses are not all JDRs fault but this team looked flat and off all season.   There was way too much talent on O for the lack of points on the scoreboard.  

I expect the Raiders will keep Richard, Washington, and Lynch.   They can draft a RB in the middle rounds as someone will fall to them.  Maybe Lynch will be moved if he does not gel with the new coaching staff.   

Any value in Patterson if Crabtree moves on?
Patterson is always going to have more real football value than FF value.  Great kickoff returner and always has to be accounted for by the defense when he's on the field.  He'll have a couple long TDs on end arounds or bubble screens or whatever, but he's never going to get more than 3-4 touches per game and good luck picking the game where one of them goes for the long TD.

Joe Arrigo
‏@joearrigo
 Gruden is expected to name John Morton his OC, Rich Gannon his QB coach. His preferred choice is Cinci DC Paul Guenther, but he is also up for the Bengals potential head coaching job. Gus Bradley is also in the mix for the DC position as well

Joe Arrigo
‏@joearrigo
I was told by sources the contract numbers for Gruden is “in the 5 year, $50M range at this time.” 

#Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie will remain in his position and work in tandem with Gruden on all personnel & draft decisions.

Joe Arrigo
‏@joearrigo
 Gruden is expected to name John Morton his OC, Rich Gannon his QB coach. His preferred choice is Cinci DC Paul Guenther, but he is also up for the Bengals potential head coaching job. Gus Bradley is also in the mix for the DC position as well

Joe Arrigo
‏@joearrigo
I was told by sources the contract numbers for Gruden is “in the 5 year, $50M range at this time.” 

#Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie will remain in his position and work in tandem with Gruden on all personnel & draft decisions.
I just can’t get over how quickly this whole thing seems to be happening. Hope this doesn’t end with a nightmare of it all falling apart and us left with only a DC on staff and having to start again. 

I just can’t get over how quickly this whole thing seems to be happening. Hope this doesn’t end with a nightmare of it all falling apart and us left with only a DC on staff and having to start again. 
Yea it would be embarrassing if it all fell apart.

Alex Marvez
‏@alexmarvez
Two names I'm hearing as POTENTIAL Jon Gruden targets if he gets the @Raiders HC gig are Rich Bisaccia (special teams) & Brian Heimerdinger (personnel). Both currently under contract w/ @dallascowboys & @nyjets respectively. @sportingnews @SiriusXMNFL

Way too much smoke and specifics being talked about to not have a fire going.

Del Rio lost his chance when he retained Norton and let Musgrave go to promote Downing. The D still under performed and thr O greatly regressed with both clearly lack of ability from the respective cordinators being major reasons. 

I loved Gruden as our coach before. Love him being our leader again.

Way too much smoke and specifics being talked about to not have a fire going.

Del Rio lost his chance when he retained Norton and let Musgrave go to promote Downing. The D still under performed and thr O greatly regressed with both clearly lack of ability from the respective cordinators being major reasons. 

I loved Gruden as our coach before. Love him being our leader again.
Grudges and the Raiders never should have separated.  what could have been.........

I wish there was more excitemnt to talk about during the season instead of the off season. Oh well. Go Raiders!

Chadstroma said:
What do we know about Morton's schemes for offense and Guenther's for D?
Morton's scheme is all about trying to score points.

Guenther, OTOH, really focuses on trying to stop the other team from scoring points.

It's a Yin and Yang thing, which is science.  Personally I prefer faith based coaching strategies, particularly if they involve smiting and such.

Morton's scheme is all about trying to score points.

Guenther, OTOH, really focuses on trying to stop the other team from scoring points.

It's a Yin and Yang thing, which is science.  Personally I prefer faith based coaching strategies, particularly if they involve smiting and such.
Nobody likes you.

Seems like Gannon would make a great QB coach and mentor for Carr.   Gannon definitely got everything he could out of his limited physical ability.   That's not a slight on Gannon.   He is one of my favorite Raiders.    He wasn't real big and didn't have a cannon arm but worked his tail off to succeed.   It was so easy to root for him.   

Just saw an article where Gruden said, of the opening at Head Coach for the Raiders, "I hope I'm a candidate". The article also made mention of the Raiders taking a week to interview people. Sounds like the Raiders are making sure they don't violate the Rooney Rule. 

ETA: found the link...

https://sports.yahoo.com/gruden-tells-paper-hope-im-candidate-raiders-job-213348862--nfl.html

and here's the quote from Gruden himself, who sounds like he's already working for the Raiders and trying to make sure no one thinks he's already hired ;)

''My understanding is they're interviewing candidates this week and they're going to let everybody know sometime early next week or whenever they make their decision,'' Gruden told the paper.

I posted this in the 2017 discussion without realizing a new room had been started.

Report: Raiders Coaching Staff Turned On Derek Carr Following The Chiefs Game

According to Raiders play-by-play voice Greg Papa, the Raiders coaching staff turned on Derek Carr in front of the entire team after the 26-15 loss to the Chiefs.

Via his 95.7 The Game program, this was Papa’s Tuesday afternoon description of what happened…

“This coaching staff turned on Derek Carr as well. After the Kansas City game they called him out in front of a whole team meeting. It wasn’t just the offense or the quarterbacks, a segment of the team. It was the whole team and they ripped him in front of everybody and Derek’s a prideful guy, but when you have a head coach that’s not designing the play, calling the play, and then second-guessing the play and the quarterback’s play on a certain play, it doesn’t go well.”

Papa also suggested that Jack Del Rio’s coaching staff managed erode Carr’s confidence as the season progressed.

Based on the Raiders’ body of work, it’s fair to assume the entire team was losing confidence by the end of the season – quite a ridiculous accomplishment considering what the team achieved a year ago.

Ultimately, it feels like Del Rio ran into many of the same problems in Oakland that he seemed to create in Jacksonville.

Link

I admit to being a JDR apologist but if this is true then he definitely had to go.

Another duplicate post from the 2017 discussion:

"Lack of guidance in Raiders locker room made Jack Del Rio firing necessary - Silver And Black Pride" via http://TeamStre.am by Bleacher Report

Link

The stuff about Lynch is particularly disturbing. Hopefully Gruden will put an end to that nonsense or an end to him as a Raider. 

We can now say 12-4 in 2016 was a fluke. But... At least 9 of those wins can be directly attributed to the play of Derek Carr. If the coaches threw him under the bus as it's been reported, then I'm glad they're out. How about getting him a RT he can trust. How about putting a halfway decent defense on the field in 2016 the first 10-11 games of 2017. How about NOT firing his OC he did so well with. Carr and Mack (still holding out hope for Cooper) are the only true stars on the roster. Other than those 3, what has Reggie done to get this organization out of the doldrums? Ok, he can be given credit for fixing the salary cap hell he inherited. But wasn't that the easy part? Anyone can tear something down, only a great GM can build something great.

Obviously, KNJ had to go, and the defense improved under Pagano, but I still question the serious lack of talent on defense. Especially up the gut. No emphasis as been put on DT or LB. 

And I have to call into question the draft choices and FAs brought in to rebuild the secondary.

What I'm saying is, yes JDR, Dowling and KNJ failed miserably, but where's the accountability for Reggie and the scouting dept?

Hayden- Bust only because the Raiders don't get to reap the benefits of his improved play. Why wasn't he retained? They sure could've used him.

Joseph- Yeah, I know, he's a hitter, so what? Those types of players due to safety rules aren't as important as they used to be. Gimme a safety with great instincts, cover skills any day over a "hitter" in today's NFL.

Conley/Obi- The mystery injuries of these two really puzzled me this year. How does a "shin" injury keep a guy out all season? Just strange to me. 

Smith/Amerson- Ok I've been all over Smith since day one, I don't like him. I think he's slow and doesn't put in the effort to be better. But I have to give him credit, he played much better under Pagano. Amerson was a non-factor this season.

If Gruden becomes the next head coach, I hope the message is loud and clear to Reggie. Don't screw up the 1st and 2nd rounds again! Derek Carr is his only 2nd rounder worth a damn! Fire all the coaches you want, but they can only do so much with TJ Carrie, Morrow, Lee, Ward etc etc... No talent + no scheme = failure...

32 Counter Pass said:
Another duplicate post from the 2017 discussion:

"Lack of guidance in Raiders locker room made Jack Del Rio firing necessary - Silver And Black Pride" via http://TeamStre.am by Bleacher Report

Link

The stuff about Lynch is particularly disturbing. Hopefully Gruden will put an end to that nonsense or an end to him as a Raider. 
Gruden wouldn't have any of that poo.

DocHolliday said:
Seems like Gannon would make a great QB coach and mentor for Carr.   Gannon definitely got everything he could out of his limited physical ability.   That's not a slight on Gannon.   He is one of my favorite Raiders.    He wasn't real big and didn't have a cannon arm but worked his tail off to succeed.   It was so easy to root for him.   
Agree, that would be fantastic, but Gannon always struck me as much more of a Chiefs homer, way more critical of the Raiders in his broadcast career, etc. So wonder if he's similarly motivated, and would be really hard to incent. Really hard to move from broadcasting cash to QB coach.

Will always love Gannon and what he did on the team, but he leaves a similar funny taste in my mouth as one of my all-time Raider favorites, Marcus Allen. We'll never really know what Al and Marcus had between them, but it definitely soured Marcus against the Raiders. I don't recall anything that happened during Gannon's tenure that would have soured him that much, but that perception remains IMHO.

We can now say 12-4 in 2016 was a fluke. But... At least 9 of those wins can be directly attributed to the play of Derek Carr. If the coaches threw him under the bus as it's been reported, then I'm glad they're out. How about getting him a RT he can trust. How about putting a halfway decent defense on the field in 2016 the first 10-11 games of 2017. How about NOT firing his OC he did so well with. Carr and Mack (still holding out hope for Cooper) are the only true stars on the roster. Other than those 3, what has Reggie done to get this organization out of the doldrums? Ok, he can be given credit for fixing the salary cap hell he inherited. But wasn't that the easy part? Anyone can tear something down, only a great GM can build something great.

Obviously, KNJ had to go, and the defense improved under Pagano, but I still question the serious lack of talent on defense. Especially up the gut. No emphasis as been put on DT or LB. 

And I have to call into question the draft choices and FAs brought in to rebuild the secondary.

What I'm saying is, yes JDR, Dowling and KNJ failed miserably, but where's the accountability for Reggie and the scouting dept?

Hayden- Bust only because the Raiders don't get to reap the benefits of his improved play. Why wasn't he retained? They sure could've used him.

Joseph- Yeah, I know, he's a hitter, so what? Those types of players due to safety rules aren't as important as they used to be. Gimme a safety with great instincts, cover skills any day over a "hitter" in today's NFL.

Conley/Obi- The mystery injuries of these two really puzzled me this year. How does a "shin" injury keep a guy out all season? Just strange to me. 

Smith/Amerson- Ok I've been all over Smith since day one, I don't like him. I think he's slow and doesn't put in the effort to be better. But I have to give him credit, he played much better under Pagano. Amerson was a non-factor this season.

If Gruden becomes the next head coach, I hope the message is loud and clear to Reggie. Don't screw up the 1st and 2nd rounds again! Derek Carr is his only 2nd rounder worth a damn! Fire all the coaches you want, but they can only do so much with TJ Carrie, Morrow, Lee, Ward etc etc... No talent + no scheme = failure...
Agree the defense showed remarkable improvement after they let KNJ go. The team got a lot more pressure on the QB and the defense only allowed more then 20 pts once after KNJ's dismissal (I am not counting week 17). Smith's play was elevate after the coaching change and I would like to see him return. His criminal case is pending so his status is uncertain. The quickest way to improve any defensive deficiencies is to improve the pass rush. This can happen via the draft or free agency. They just need to get someone to compliment Mack. (Think the Chargers with Bosa and Ingram.)

I agree that Reggie missed on some FA opportunities. Signing Zac Brown would have been a huge boost for the defense as example.

Reggie also missed on his first two picks last year--at least contributing in 2017. I am optimistic that Conley will prove to be a good pick. Obi remains a big question mark. 

Overall, I don't think the defense is that far away from being very good. They pick at 9 or 10, depending on the coin flip. They have a great chance of landing Linebacker Roquan Smith, who would immediately the middle of the defense and the pass rush. Getting another pass rusher to compliment Mack and I think the defense will be very good. 

On the other side of the ball, the team needs a dynamic RB to help Carr, and keep the defense off the field. Nothing kills defensive efficiency like multiple 3 and outs. 

Agree the defense showed remarkable improvement after they let KNJ go. The team got a lot more pressure on the QB and the defense only allowed more then 20 pts once after KNJ's dismissal (I am not counting week 17). Smith's play was elevate after the coaching change and I would like to see him return. His criminal case is pending so his status is uncertain. The quickest way to improve any defensive deficiencies is to improve the pass rush. This can happen via the draft or free agency. They just need to get someone to compliment Mack. (Think the Chargers with Bosa and Ingram.)

I agree that Reggie missed on some FA opportunities. Signing Zac Brown would have been a huge boost for the defense as example.

Reggie also missed on his first two picks last year--at least contributing in 2017. I am optimistic that Conley will prove to be a good pick. Obi remains a big question mark. 

Overall, I don't think the defense is that far away from being very good. They pick at 9 or 10, depending on the coin flip. They have a great chance of landing Linebacker Roquan Smith, who would immediately the middle of the defense and the pass rush. Getting another pass rusher to compliment Mack and I think the defense will be very good. 

On the other side of the ball, the team needs a dynamic RB to help Carr, and keep the defense off the field. Nothing kills defensive efficiency like multiple 3 and outs. 
I do agree to some extent the defense is close. That was proven when Pagano took the reigns. Better scheme, better results. I still go back to Reggie and his scouts. There are plenty of good young DBs in the league that they either chose to pass on or not go after: Lattimore, William Jackson, Burns, White, Bouye, Rhodes. And I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting off the top of my head. Again, my point, yes KNJ wasn't very good. But neither has the talent evaluation IMO. 

:sehorn:

I keep missing the thread on the first page, so this post is purely selfish in nature. 

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/city-vegas-oks-offering-land-raiders-facility-52119744

Practice Facility and Headquarters will be in Henderson, NV. For those who don't know Henderson is next to Las Vegas to the Southeast. The two towns blend into each other without separation. 

"The Oakland Raiders came one step closer Wednesday to securing the land the team needs for its new headquarters and practice facility near Las Vegas, and at a steep discount.

Officials in suburban Henderson approved a resolution that allows the city to move forward with a direct sale of 55 acres (22 hectares) to the Raiders for more than $6 million — half the land's appraised value. The city is using a Nevada law that allows for no-bid sales at under-market prices when they are considered to be in the public interest. Under the agreement discussed during the City Council meeting, the team would pay $6.05 million for the land near Henderson Executive Airport. The land — near the southwest corner of St. Rose Parkway and Executive Airport — has an appraised value of $12 million.

"This is an opportunity to take the city of Henderson to a new level," Assistant City Manager Greg Blackburn said during the city council meeting ahead of the resolution vote. "It's hard to put a dollar value to what this does to help us for the future."

The Raiders have promised that the venue will create an estimated 250 full-time jobs not counting players. The team will spend about $75 million to build the complex.

The team wants to kick off its 2020 season at a 65,000-seat domed stadium built partially with taxpayers' money across the freeway from the Las Vegas Strip. The team in May paid $77.5 million for the 62-acre (25-hectare) site and hosted a glitzy groundbreaking ceremony in November.

Guests of hotels and other lodging facilities in the Las Vegas area are contributing $750 million to the project through a room tax increase. The Raiders and the NFL are expected to contribute $500 million to the project, while the team has also secured a $600 million bank loan for construction.

Henderson's city council must vote again next month to give final approval to the offer.

Henderson officials said the city will benefit from property taxes collected on the land and additional spending from visitors and team clients. City staff said similar projects have created an estimated $210 million tax impact over a decade after the venues are fully built.

Not all residents were supportive of the city's decision.

"The Raiders have been Gypsies over the years, starting in Oakland, then moving to El Segundo (LA) for a few years, then back to Oakland and now Las Vegas. Where to next?" Henderson resident Adrian Woodhouse wrote the city council in an email.

On Wednesday, commissioners in Clark County approved a development agreement with the team that spells out public safety and infrastructure improvements in and around the Raiders stadium.

The agreement calls for widening sidewalks, improving roadways, installing and modifying traffic signals, and building any needed pedestrian bridges.

The team agreed to install about $1.4 million worth of public safety equipment at the stadium and an emergency operations center. The document outlining the development agreement did not include a finalized plan for the thousands of county-mandated parking spaces."

http://www.raiders.com/news/article-1/Which-Raiders-Will-Be-Free-Agents-In-2018/24e0b649-d4e3-4f33-ba68-c25e0b9c8ad8?sf178096754=1&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

2017 is officially in the books for the Oakland Raiders.

Following a 6-10 campaign that ultimately cost Jack Del Rio his head coaching job, the Silver and Black will now look ahead to 2018 and beyond, both on the coaches and players roster.

That being said, let’s take a look at the current Raiders who are scheduled to hit free agency in 2018.

*The NFL league year begins March 14, and the free agency period begins at 4:00 p.m. EST that day.

Unrestricted Free Agents

Defensive Lineman Denico Autry

2017 Recap – Appeared in 16 games, making three starts. Finished the year with 35 total tackles, five sacks, and seven passes defensed.

Linebacker NaVorro Bowman (with the Oakland Raiders and San Francisco 49ers)

2017 Recap – Made 15 starts, totaling 135 total tackles, one-and-a-half sacks, one interception, five passes defensed, and one fumble recovery.

CB TJ Carrie

2017 Recap – Started all 16 games, totaling 86 tackles, 11 passes defensed, and two fumble recoveries.

Long Snapper Jon Condo

2017 Recap – Appeared in all 16 games.

Defensive Tackle Justin Ellis

2017 Recap – Appeared in all 16 games, making 14 starts. Totaled 44 tackles, and a half sack.

Kicker Sebastian Janikowski

2017 Recap – Placed on the Reserve/Injured list on September 9.

Quarterback EJ Manuel

2017 Recap – Appeared in two games, and made one start, completing 24 of 43 passes for 265 yards, one touchdown, and one interception.

Defensive Back Keith McGill II

2017 Recap – Appeared in 13 games, totaling three total tackles.

Safety Reggie Nelson

2017 Recap – Started all 16 games, totaling 96 tackles, one interception, five passes defensed, and two forced fumbles.

Tight End Lee Smith

2017 Recap – Appeared in 16 games, making nine starts, making eight catches for 76 yards.

Exclusive-Rights Free Agents

Linebacker Shilique Calhoun

2017 Recap – Appeared in nine games, totaling six tackles.

Linebacker/Defensive End James Cowser

2017 Recap – Appeared in all 16 games, finishing the year with 20 total tackles, one forced fumble, and one fumble recovery.

Safety Erik Harris

2017 Recap – Appeared in 15 games.

Guard/Tackle Denver Kirkland

2017 Recap – Placed on the Reserve/Injured list on September 5.

Kicker Giorgio Tavecchio

2017 Recap –Appeared in all 16 games, making 16 of 21 field goals, and 33 of 34 extra 

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/city-vegas-oks-offering-land-raiders-facility-52119744

Practice Facility and Headquarters will be in Henderson, NV. For those who don't know Henderson is next to Las Vegas to the Southeast. The two towns blend into each other without separation. 

"The Oakland Raiders came one step closer Wednesday to securing the land the team needs for its new headquarters and practice facility near Las Vegas, and at a steep discount.

Officials in suburban Henderson approved a resolution that allows the city to move forward with a direct sale of 55 acres (22 hectares) to the Raiders for more than $6 million — half the land's appraised value. The city is using a Nevada law that allows for no-bid sales at under-market prices when they are considered to be in the public interest. Under the agreement discussed during the City Council meeting, the team would pay $6.05 million for the land near Henderson Executive Airport. The land — near the southwest corner of St. Rose Parkway and Executive Airport — has an appraised value of $12 million.

"This is an opportunity to take the city of Henderson to a new level," Assistant City Manager Greg Blackburn said during the city council meeting ahead of the resolution vote. "It's hard to put a dollar value to what this does to help us for the future."

The Raiders have promised that the venue will create an estimated 250 full-time jobs not counting players. The team will spend about $75 million to build the complex.

The team wants to kick off its 2020 season at a 65,000-seat domed stadium built partially with taxpayers' money across the freeway from the Las Vegas Strip. The team in May paid $77.5 million for the 62-acre (25-hectare) site and hosted a glitzy groundbreaking ceremony in November.

Guests of hotels and other lodging facilities in the Las Vegas area are contributing $750 million to the project through a room tax increase. The Raiders and the NFL are expected to contribute $500 million to the project, while the team has also secured a $600 million bank loan for construction.

Henderson's city council must vote again next month to give final approval to the offer.

Henderson officials said the city will benefit from property taxes collected on the land and additional spending from visitors and team clients. City staff said similar projects have created an estimated $210 million tax impact over a decade after the venues are fully built.

Not all residents were supportive of the city's decision.

"The Raiders have been Gypsies over the years, starting in Oakland, then moving to El Segundo (LA) for a few years, then back to Oakland and now Las Vegas. Where to next?" Henderson resident Adrian Woodhouse wrote the city council in an email.

On Wednesday, commissioners in Clark County approved a development agreement with the team that spells out public safety and infrastructure improvements in and around the Raiders stadium.

The agreement calls for widening sidewalks, improving roadways, installing and modifying traffic signals, and building any needed pedestrian bridges.

The team agreed to install about $1.4 million worth of public safety equipment at the stadium and an emergency operations center. The document outlining the development agreement did not include a finalized plan for the thousands of county-mandated parking spaces."
From what I have read the Raiders are also working on buying the Bali Hai land across from the stadium land they already purchased which will be used for parking. The Bali Hai land is a large piece of land that should accommodate most if not all parking concerns.

This pic shows where Bali Hai is and the stadium will be where the empty piece of land is kitty corner from that across from Mandalay Bay.

Rumors had been there before, but much different now with Carr. I loved Gruden when he was here & seemed to embrace being a 'Raider'. After watching Carr regress this year I couldn't be happier if Gruden brought in. Look at difference in Goff from Fisher to McShay. Gannon had barely been a starter for a few years until Raiders signed him & Gruden turned him into a Pro Bowl QB. Gruden then won SB with Brad Johnson (and Tony Dungy's D). This is not somebody like Cowher coming back to coach - Gruden lives this!

I admit the prospect of Gruden returning is exciting but his drafting record is pretty underwhelming. He was given final say of the selections when he was in Tampa. 

Didn't turn out so well.

Code:
Round	Pick	Player	Position	College
3	86	Marquise Walker	WR	Michigan
4	119	Travis Stephens	RB	Tennessee
5	157	Jermaine Phillips	DB	Georgia
6	193	John Stamper	DE	South Carolina
7	233	Tim Wansley	DB	Georgia
7	250	Tracey Wistrom	TE	Nebraska
7	254	Aaron Lockett	WR	Kansas State
7	255	Zack Quaccia	C	Stanford

2	64	Dewayne White	DE	Louisville
3	97	Chris Simms	QB	Texas
4	130	Lance Nimmo	OT	West Virginia
4	133	Austin King	C	Northwestern
5	168	Sean Mahan	OG	Notre Dame
6	205	Torrie Cox	DB	Pittsburgh

1	15	Michael Clayton	WR	Louisiana State
3	79	Marquis Cooper	LB	Washington
4	111	Will Allen	DB	Ohio State
5	146	Jeb Terry	OG	North Carolina
6	181	Nate Lawrie	TE	Yale
7	206	Mark Jones	WR	Tennessee
7	228	Casey Cramer	TE	Dartmouth
7	252	Lenny Williams	DB	Southern

1	5	Carnell Williams	RB	Auburn
2	36	Barrett Ruud	LB	Nebraska
3	71	Alex Smith	TE	Stanford
3	91	Chris Colmer	OT	North Carolina State
4	107	Dan Buenning	OG	Wisconsin
5	141	Donte Nicholson	DB	Oklahoma
5	155	Larry Brackins	WR	Pearl River CC (MS)
6	178	Anthony Bryant	DT	Alabama
7	221	Rick Razzano	RB	Mississippi
7	225	Paris Warren	WR	Utah
7	231	Hamza Abdullah	DB	Washington State
7	253	J.R. Russell	WR	

1	23	Davin Joseph	OG	Oklahoma
2	59	Jeremy Trueblood	OT	Boston College
3	90	Maurice Stovall	WR	Notre Dame
4	122	Alan Zemaitis	DB	Penn State
5	156	Julian Jenkins	DE	Stanford
6	194	Bruce Gradkowski	QB	Toledo
6	202	T.J. Williams	TE	North Carolina State
7	235	Justin Phinisee	DB	Oregon
7	241	Charles Bennett	DE	Clemson
7	244	Tim Massaquoi	TE	Michigan

1	4	Gaines Adams	DE	Clemson
2	35	Arron Sears	OT	Tennessee
2	64	Sabby Piscitelli	DB	Oregon State
3	68	Quincy Black	LB	New Mexico
4	106	Tanard Jackson	DB	Syracuse
5	141	Greg Peterson	DT	North Carolina Central
6	182	Adam Hayward	LB	Portland State
7	214	Chris Denman	OT	Fresno State
7	245	Marcus Hamilton	DB	Virginia
7	246	Kenneth Darby	RB	Alabama

Yeah, that's pretty rough. Hopefully the last ten years of working with college prospects and the MNF gig have given him a better eye for talent. And by the MNF job I mean he's seeing the league from a different angle, talking to different coaches and nfl personnel, maybe he's developed those gm skills more fully.

Yeah, that's pretty rough. Hopefully the last ten years of working with college prospects and the MNF gig have given him a better eye for talent. And by the MNF job I mean he's seeing the league from a different angle, talking to different coaches and nfl personnel, maybe he's developed those gm skills more fully.
Wouldn't Reggie still have some say in the draft?

Users who are viewing this thread