Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
joey

== OFFICIAL OAKLAND RAIDERS 2018 thread ==

Recommended Posts

Update: CB Shareece Wright has not been officially announced... perhaps that was bad info?::: Update to the update::: Apparently he announced he was joining us on his twitter. Unsure why it still has not been officially announced by the team.

LB Kyle Wilbur signed. 

Emmanuel Lamur is a potentional signing. 

Lots of talk about Irvin being moved to primarily the DE position.

Edited by Chadstroma
Update the update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be really interested in a Grant contract.

 

I think Gruden is planning on running the ball.  That Denver game, when we ran it down their throat, that's the blueprint.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, massraider said:

Would be really interested in a Grant contract.

 

I think Gruden is planning on running the ball.  That Denver game, when we ran it down their throat, that's the blueprint.  

Oh hell yea. I forgotto add Carrier to the ground game build. Lee Smith and Carrier are blocking TE's and then Keith Smith for a blocking FB. Keeping Lynch and adding Martin. Along with Richard and Washington and our O-line. Gruden wants to take advsntage of the league going light and fast to stop air attacks and ram it down their throats. You have a base nickel D? Thats nice. Here is a double TE with a FB lineup that you have to still respect Carr throwing to weapons in the air. Enjoy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, massraider said:

Would be really interested in a Grant contract.

 

I think Gruden is planning on running the ball.  That Denver game, when we ran it down their throat, that's the blueprint.  

isnt grant a WR ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, BustedKnuckles said:

isnt grant a WR ?

 

Yes.  I'm good with bringing in just about anyone who could take Seth Roberts role. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am warming to the Jordy signing. I just hope it works out better then past couple former Packer receiver signings ( Javon Walker, James Jones).

My understanding is Irvin is going to move to strong side DE and play with his hand in the ground. I think that is a good move. They plan to move Edwards to DT.

Doug Martin is an upgrade over the two slappies behind Lynch.

The defense still needs a lot of work. The dline is shaping up. They need one more oass rusher then focus on DBs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LawFitz said:

How do they not sign Honey Badger for $8mm??? That was a steal.

Who's to say he wanted to come here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, krsone21 said:

Who's to say he wanted to come here?

Exactly. You never know what was done and what wasn't done and for what reasons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ICON211 said:

Yes.  I'm good with bringing in just about anyone who could take Seth Roberts role. 

thats what i thought....but massraider`s post made it sound like he was talking about the Ryan Grant that was a RB some years back...i probably read the post wrong because massraider is one the the most knowledgeable raider fans on here 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/16/2018 at 6:57 PM, Chadstroma said:

“I need Marshawn Lynch. I don’t need this part-time Lynch. I need full-time Lynch. We need the real deal,” Gruden says.

And he WAS part-time Lynch last year. How many times did he pull himself out of a games? Too many times.

I'm gonna show my ignorance here (I know...I've shown it plenty already) but do teams typically carry 4 tailbacks on a 53-man roster? And what about TE now? Carrier, Smith, Walford and Cook? All of them can't stick, can they?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/16/2018 at 3:22 PM, 32 Counter Pass said:

Pro Football Focus graded him as the league’s No. 17 cornerback last season.

That's great since the Raiders' top cornerback last season felt like No. 117...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Ed Wood said:

And he WAS part-time Lynch last year. How many times did he pull himself out of a games? Too many times.

I'm gonna show my ignorance here (I know...I've shown it plenty already) but do teams typically carry 4 tailbacks on a 53-man roster? And what about TE now? Carrier, Smith, Walford and Cook? All of them can't stick, can they?

I worry too that in thinking short term with Lynch and Martin, we are sacrificing serviceable youthful depth.

We have two solid but not spectacular backs in Richard and Washington who may not be 3-down starters but have proven to be assets in the running game in tandem, as well as a yet-unproven Elijah Hood -- and at least one of these guys will need to be gone. NFL teams rarely carry more than 4 backs.

Will be interesting to see if/when we grab an RB in the draft and how much of a top tier prospect he is -- and how much this will impact our running stable this year and into the future (assuming we're not really going to carry Lynch and/or Martin longer term).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it crazy to think that with all the teams trading up to try and leverage a QB-heavy draft (wonder if the Bills trade up again for a shot at Rosen, Allen, Darnold, or at worst Mayfield), we're almost guaranteed a shot at one of the following:

Derwin James

Denzel Ward

Tremaine Edmunds

Minkah Fitzpatrick

Roquan Smith

Vita Vea

with a long, long shot (but still some small probability) that a guy like Chubb drops? 

Smith and Vea still seem like the guys most likely to be there for us and who I see us choosing between, the rest way less so, but I think there is a real possibility Fitzpatrick drops to us now.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

I worry too that in thinking short term with Lynch and Martin, we are sacrificing serviceable youthful depth.

We have two solid but not spectacular backs in Richard and Washington who may not be 3-down starters but have proven to be assets in the running game in tandem, as well as a yet-unproven Elijah Hood -- and at least one of these guys will need to be gone. NFL teams rarely carry more than 4 backs.

Will be interesting to see if/when we grab an RB in the draft and how much of a top tier prospect he is -- and how much this will impact our running stable this year and into the future (assuming we're not really going to carry Lynch and/or Martin longer term).

Did we get Hood back on PS?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Chadstroma said:

Did we get Hood back on PS?

Hood was mostly on the PS last year, and has a similar build (if not Beasty style) that Lynch has (both are 5'11, with Lynch listing at 215 and Hood at 220). Would think the team would want to develop Hood as the next Thunder, but with Martin in town, and also having to think about keeping Olawale, I am not sure the Raiders see Hood as the future in that role or expendable. I just think we have not given Hood a chance to see what he's got before a decision may need to be made to jettison him for room elsewhere.

Similarly with Richard and Washington, I think they are both talented and could develop a solid role, but I just can't see the Raiders being able to keep them both (if not wanting to).

Can't keep all of these guys, and would think that if a really solid RB prospect falls to us in the midrounds, our choice becomes that much harder. Feels like with the Muscle Hamster signing, we are really forcing our hand at our position by needing to shed weight here before we truly know what we have in the younger guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Hood was mostly on the PS last year, and has a similar build (if not Beasty style) that Lynch has (both are 5'11, with Lynch listing at 215 and Hood at 220). Would think the team would want to develop Hood as the next Thunder, but with Martin in town, and also having to think about keeping Olawale, I am not sure the Raiders see Hood as the future in that role or expendable. I just think we have not given Hood a chance to see what he's got before a decision may need to be made to jettison him for room elsewhere.

Similarly with Richard and Washington, I think they are both talented and could develop a solid role, but I just can't see the Raiders being able to keep them both (if not wanting to).

Can't keep all of these guys, and would think that if a really solid RB prospect falls to us in the midrounds, our choice becomes that much harder. Feels like with the Muscle Hamster signing, we are really forcing our hand at our position by needing to shed weight here before we truly know what we have in the younger guys.

If I remember right, we graduated Hood to active roster for a short period and then waived him. I didn't recall any transaction after that but I just checked the official Raider roster and he does show up there. I assume we resigned him to PS. 

I think Olawale may be odd man out. Keith Smith is Gruden's Jon Ritchie here. 4 backs and 1 fullback is pretty full even so. 

The TE is another full one. Lee Smith and Carrier are the blocking TE that Gruden wants. Then Cook and Walford. Interesting to see who doesn't make it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Traded Cordarrelle Patterson, got Pats 5th, gave one of our 6th rounders.

More important, got 3.25 mill in cap space, maybe we needed it to sign Grant, if that happens, maybe we needed it to sign the new guys.

Regarding the backs, I think none of them should feel safe. We paid a million to see if Lynch is gonna come to camp and be a player.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, massraider said:

Traded Cordarrelle Patterson, got Pats 5th, gave one of our 6th rounders.

More important, got 3.25 mill in cap space, maybe we needed it to sign Grant, if that happens, maybe we needed it to sign the new guys.

Regarding the backs, I think none of them should feel safe. We paid a million to see if Lynch is gonna come to camp and be a player.  

Richard and Washington are similar backs.  Don't see the need for that so one of them is probably gone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, massraider said:

Traded Cordarrelle Patterson, got Pats 5th, gave one of our 6th rounders.

More important, got 3.25 mill in cap space, maybe we needed it to sign Grant, if that happens, maybe we needed it to sign the new guys.

Regarding the backs, I think none of them should feel safe. We paid a million to see if Lynch is gonna come to camp and be a player.  

Patterson makes sense. I don't remember much love for gadget type stuff from Gruden. The Pats did us a favor of clearing from our books and giving us a bit of a higher pick. 

Gruden wants crisp routes ran with precision. Patterson... not so much. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree with the rest of youse -- Patterson played hard, brought some explosiveness and dynamism to our offense and was a credit to ST, but never seemed to stand out and contribute outside of the jet sweep. While he was solid at that play, it seemed to be the only trick in the bag and when CP was out on the field, you knew either the play that was being called, or that he was out there as decoy.

A lot of change, and a lot of uncertainty at how all of these changes will play out. But if this shakes us out of the path we were on through last year and allows us to fill the considerable gaps on this team to give us a fighting chance to stay ahead in the division and get into the playoffs, let's do it, baby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

Richard and Washington are similar backs.  Don't see the need for that so one of them is probably gone. 

I don’t believe Richard or Washington are anywhere close to a solution at RB. Both have been e tremely inconsistent and Richard is more of a liability given all the fumbles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Agree with the rest of youse -- Patterson played hard, brought some explosiveness and dynamism to our offense and was a credit to ST, but never seemed to stand out and contribute outside of the jet sweep. While he was solid at that play, it seemed to be the only trick in the bag and when CP was out on the field, you knew either the play that was being called, or that he was out there as decoy.

A lot of change, and a lot of uncertainty at how all of these changes will play out. But if this shakes us out of the path we were on through last year and allows us to fill the considerable gaps on this team to give us a fighting chance to stay ahead in the division and get into the playoffs, let's do it, baby.

Yet, this summer there were those in the previous threads that saw him as a viable WR3 candidate.

GL to BB teaching him new tricks...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, msommer said:

Yet, this summer there were those in the previous threads that saw him as a viable WR3 candidate.

GL to BB teaching him new tricks...

Speaking of raiders wr, who will back up Jordy? There could be a deep dynasty stash for when he misses time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, msommer said:

Yet, this summer there were those in the previous threads that saw him as a viable WR3 candidate.

GL to BB teaching him new tricks...

I was a big proponent of Patterson. Not so much for being a viable #3 but rather his ability to open the playbook up and add another ripple to the offense. Instead, we got an offense that got even more unimaginative and sophomoric under Downing. Hell, he could have been given more go routes to try to use his speed to open up things.... not like it would be any different if he droppoed the ball from Roberts. I think Patterson could have done more under a more competent coach but as far as being a true WR? No. 

I think NE is looking at it as a low cost upgrade to return game and ability to add to the offense as discussed above. They certainly have the ability to use guys to create gameplans. He isn't a top WR but he has a specific skill set that cam add value. Just not tge calue Gruden wants. I would like to see the Patriots try to make him a big part of the offense because if so he is likely to give Brady a stroke with his route running.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to say that I'm getting pretty excited about the NFL draft and the Raiders 10th overall selection.  In the past, being in 10 was that odd spot of hoping to land one of the top 10 overall guys while hoping that a team ahead of you selected someone out of the blue that would at least allow for a choice of one of the remaining two top 10 guys.

But this draft is starting to shape up in the favor of the Raiders, imo.

Not hard to argue that picks 1 through 3 are going to be QBs.  The challenge will be in which team is picking at spot 2 - NYG or Buffalo.

1.  Cleveland - QB
2.  NYG/Buffalo - QB
3.  Jets - QB
4.  Cleveland - Barkley... or trade back? Which allows for Buffalo or even Miami to try to get infront of Denver and select a QB.
5.  Broncos - QB?!... 

Or if Cleveland stays, and the Broncos don't select a QB, then there is a chance that either the Bucs or Bears trade back to allow for someone to come up and grab a QB.  

And all of a sudden, the Raiders are ~5 picks away from landing one of the top non-QB players in the draft.  

Edited to add:  Sorry Stoppin' Tom - didn't realize that you made basically the exact same post a few comments back. 

Edited by kaso
stuff
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, msommer said:

Yet, this summer there were those in the previous threads that saw him as a viable WR3 candidate.

I don't think there was much confidence that he would be a solid WR3 as opposed to hope that it might pan out that way to fill the hole that Roberts/Horton haven't yet-- but that's my perspective.

1 hour ago, Chadstroma said:

I was a big proponent of Patterson. Not so much for being a viable #3 but rather his ability to open the playbook up and add another ripple to the offense. Instead, we got an offense that got even more unimaginative and sophomoric under Downing. Hell, he could have been given more go routes to try to use his speed to open up things.... not like it would be any different if he droppoed the ball from Roberts. I think Patterson could have done more under a more competent coach but as far as being a true WR? No. 

I think NE is looking at it as a low cost upgrade to return game and ability to add to the offense as discussed above. They certainly have the ability to use guys to create gameplans. He isn't a top WR but he has a specific skill set that cam add value. Just not tge calue Gruden wants. I would like to see the Patriots try to make him a big part of the offense because if so he is likely to give Brady a stroke with his route running.

True that -- not sure if Patterson could have developed into more than just a jet sweep guy, but the coaching/play calling certainly never gave him any chance to find out.

Pats lost Slater and Lewis, both big attributes to the Pats' ST game, and CP fills that gap for them. Maybe BB can find a way to develop his talent in ways we never gave him a shot to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BB will get a great deal out of Patterson. He'll start the season doing returns and gunner work, but will finish the season a key contributor to their offense as well, even if just as a slot WR / 3rd down RB hybrid. I will miss Mr. Flashy, but this is the Gruden show now and clearly Chuckie sees better fits elsewhere for his scheme. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because of the way this draft class is shaking out, we are going to get a shot at a top defender, something we cannot plan on in the future.

With three QBs going before us, MINIMUM, and probably 4, and maybe 5 (I would not be surprised to see Lamar Jackson get taken), if we assume Chubb, Barkley, and Nelson going before us, we'll be looking at Edwards, Smith for sure, but I hope Landry and Hurst are on that list.  Getting a pass rusher is vital to helping this defense.  

We should be thinking about Derwin James as well.  We have safeties, but he's just so damn good.  

Edited by massraider
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really hoping the Raiders sign Bowman and draft BPA (on defense, every round; ok, fine, maybe a developmental OL and WR with one of the eighteen 6th rounders).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, LawFitz said:

Really hoping the Raiders sign Bowman and draft BPA (on defense, every round; ok, fine, maybe a developmental OL and WR with one of the eighteen 6th rounders).

Sounds like we made an offer but he is looking to see what else he may get. I don't think the market will be too robust for him so I think we can bring him back and not over pay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, LawFitz said:

Really hoping the Raiders sign Bowman and draft BPA (on defense, every round; ok, fine, maybe a developmental OL and WR with one of the eighteen 6th rounders).

We really need a WR at some point.  I still think the Raiders draft a RB in the mid rounds if one falls to them as well simply because there are a lot of good RBs this year.  But, I get your point and totally agree.  Take the BPA for D early and often. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As excited as I am about who out of the top prospects might drop to us in a very QB-needy top of the draft (liek Fitzpatrick or Ward, if I am putting money on who actually we're going to be looking at, the greatest probability is the choice between Roquan Smith and Vita Vea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

As excited as I am about who out of the top prospects might drop to us in a very QB-needy top of the draft (liek Fitzpatrick or Ward, if I am putting money on who actually we're going to be looking at, the greatest probability is the choice between Roquan Smith and Vita Vea.

I would be quite happy with Smith or Vea. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

I would be quite happy with Smith or Vea. 

As would I, but consensus seems to value Trumaine Edmunds a little more at the LB position (who I can't see lasting until us -- certainly if he's still there by the 9ers pick @#9, that's where he'll go) and I can't help but think if a guy like Minkah Fitzpatrick is there for us, I would want him a little more than Smith or Vea given greater relational/positional importance of CB/Ss in the league.

We're getting a blue chipper regardless, so as long as we go BPA on D at #10, excited regardless of who falls to us.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think Vea is a serious consideration.

Below average pass rushers are not top 10 picks, and run stuffing DTs aren't either.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is pretty clear is Reggie values big, strong men in the trenches and CBs with length. Every draft you will hear him say player X is "country strong." We see evidence of this in their pursuit of DBs. Reggie prefers taller CBs with long arms. Conley is a taller CB, as was Hyden. Rashaan Melvin is a very tall CB. So if history is our guide it is not likely they draft Ward. Likely, R. Smith may not be a consideration because of his size. My guess is the guys  in play are Vea, D. James, and Edmunds IMO. (I am assuming Fitzpatrick and Chubb will be long gone by their pick)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Raiders traded Olawale to Dallas.

I liked Olawale, but did we actually just get something for a fullback?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2018 at 3:33 PM, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Is it crazy to think that with all the teams trading up to try and leverage a QB-heavy draft (wonder if the Bills trade up again for a shot at Rosen, Allen, Darnold, or at worst Mayfield), we're almost guaranteed a shot at one of the following:

Derwin James

Denzel Ward

Tremaine Edmunds

Minkah Fitzpatrick

Roquan Smith

Vita Vea

with a long, long shot (but still some small probability) that a guy like Chubb drops? 

Smith and Vea still seem like the guys most likely to be there for us and who I see us choosing between, the rest way less so, but I think there is a real possibility Fitzpatrick drops to us now.

 

Bills  almost lock to trade up again if they find a dance partner.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charles Robinson‏Verified account @CharlesRobinson

A league source tells Yahoo Sports the Buffalo #Bills will explore trade scenarios to move into the top five picks in the #NFL draft (QB-needy #Jets hold 6th pick). Talks are expected to materialize after first week of free agency and intensify at the Orlando owner's meetings.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vontaze isn't a three down LB or the long term answer at MLB.  Not sure  if he will be  their  but Roquan Smith is really good.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sigmund Bloom‏ @SigmundBloom 1d1 day ago

Sigmund Bloom Retweeted Ben Natan

“As much as I love Tremaine Edmunds, Roquan Smith is among the top three best players in this class, period.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, massraider said:

Raiders traded Olawale to Dallas.

I liked Olawale, but did we actually just get something for a fullback?

I liked Jamazing too, and sad to see him go, but writing was on the wall when we signed Keith Smith. Gruden likes his guys and glad he's molding the team to his own vision aggressively, even if it means letting loose players I've come to like and respect.Likely Gruden sees Smith as more of an every-down blocker and less of the H-back specialist Olawale was, and it's a continuance of the signal that we're going to commit more to running the ball, which should open up our playbook (PA, less pressure in the defensive backfield as teams crowd the box, makes us less predictable, etc.).

As to getting something for a FB, on the face of it we nabbed the Cowboys' FB on a team-friendly deal while the Cowboys needed to trade down to get our FB (swapping their 5th for our 6th). I'm no cap expert, but we may have come out ahead or at best broke even.

Either way, time to use whatever we have to finally sew up Bowman. We should be letting loose of Walford to ensure we get that deal done and bring in a WR3 like Hurns or even Decker. Not huge boosters of either WRs but they are definitely serviceable and much better than the options we have behind Coop and Jordy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, massraider said:

Raiders traded Olawale to Dallas.

I liked Olawale, but did we actually just get something for a fullback?

It is even better than that.... we got something for a fullback we were going to cut.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, massraider said:

Suh is visiting.

 

?

 

Raider Twitter bout to go crazy.

I suspect he will go to the highest bidder, which will most likely not be us, but the Raiders could really use an interior pass rush.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ICON211 said:

I suspect he will go to the highest bidder, which will most likely not be us, but the Raiders could really use an interior pass rush.

I'm not so sure. He's made his money. And he is a West coast guy. I can see him going to Oakland or Seattle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bruno2 said:

I'm not so sure. He's made his money. And he is a West coast guy. I can see him going to Oakland or Seattle. 

Given the frequent flyer miles Suh is racking up (New Orleans, Tennesee, Los Angeles, and now us), I doubt he is visiting so many teams with an eye of taking a pay cut, as opposed to seeing how he can increase his value by creating a bidding situation.


Agree with @ICON211 that he'll go to a higher bidder, which given our cap situation, won't be us. Said another way, why would we pass on paying big bucks to a guy playing in a position of desperate need like Malcolm Butler, Tru Johnson, or a make a run at Fuller, but then pay those big bucks to Suh?

We would gain some Jack Tatum/Bill Romonowski-like dirtiness back, but at too high a cost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Given the frequent flyer miles Suh is racking up (New Orleans, Tennesee, Los Angeles, and now us), I doubt he is visiting so many teams with an eye of taking a pay cut, as opposed to seeing how he can increase his value by creating a bidding situation.


Agree with @ICON211 that he'll go to a higher bidder, which given our cap situation, won't be us. Said another way, why would we pass on paying big bucks to a guy playing in a position of desperate need like Malcolm Butler, Tru Johnson, or a make a run at Fuller, but then pay those big bucks to Suh?

We would gain some Jack Tatum/Bill Romonowski-like dirtiness back, but at too high a cost.

Not expecting anything to come put of it but you don't know unless you try. I like that we are bringing him in for a visit and I am sure they will pitch him hard even if they don't offer the most cash. I put our chances at less than 10%

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ICON211 said:

I suspect he will go to the highest bidder, which will most likely not be us, but the Raiders could really use an interior pass rush.

he will play for the most money regardless of team

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two important things to remember:

1.  He's been a free agent for a few days. He's not received a monster offer from someone that has blown everyone else away. It's clearly a different market for him now than it was three years ago.  

2. More important, if he's visiting, it means the money is close.  He's not coming to Oakland to get a free dinner.  His agent has already discussed parameters with every team.  It's not like they don't talk money until he flies in.  

Our cap is in a great long term place, being tight for one year is not a problem.  We can do a signing bonus, and a guaranteed roster bonus/salary for next year to get him to any two year dollar amount is necessary.  This team can carry huge numbers next year for Mack, Cooper, and Suh, and still have 30-40 mill in cap space without a problem.  

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the Raiders would have to beat the Rams offer by a fairly large margin to get Suh to pass up on Donald, Phillips and L.A. NV state income tax doesn't kick in for two more years, so that's not a big help, if looking to protect the cap beyond year two when structuring the deal. I perceive Suh to be a cap-space eating dominant player, but not a cornerstone team leader. Only way I can get on board with signing him to a big deal is it pays him considerably less than Mack. That said, he's a top 5 DL in his prime and would fill a huge hole in the lineup. Adding Suh, Gunther and another class of rookies could do wonders for the D.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.