Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
joey

== OFFICIAL OAKLAND RAIDERS 2018 thread ==

1 hour ago, BustedKnuckles said:

After reading this my takeaway is Gruden is going to try and model the Raiders after the New England Patriots ...use players that arent really BIG name stars but rather work hard and want to play ....hes seen the way the pats run things while working as a broadcaster ...this insight is invaluable 

Gruden was always like that though to some degree.  Hitching his wagon to Gannon is a great example.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, LawFitz said:

Luv this recount of Derek Carr kills two GoPro bulleyes.

that whole video (Carr quotes and all the rest) freakin pumped me up!

Can't WAIT til draft day! And then mini-camp. Damn, let's get this year rolling!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LawFitz said:

First time I'm hearing that Penn's broken foot at the end of last year required a Lis Franc surgery. Oh. No. The only thing worse than Turf Toe is Lis Franc (in terms of players routinely coming back too early and being way less effective). Better bump OT on the draft board. Can't have just David Sharpe as the plan B.

While something to definitely watch, with today's procedures I don't think this is as much of a concern as it once was. Le'Veon Bell had a lis franc procedure his rookie year and bounced back, as did Zach Miller, and most recently, Ameer Abdullah, who looks ready to go again this year.

Recent (2016) American Journal of Sports Medicine research around Lis Franc surgery showed that the injury did not significantly impact the length of a career, nor the level of play post-injury. 

http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0363546516645082

What this means for an RB and an OT may be different, but the injury isn't nearly the death knell it once was.

• Like 1

If by some miracle Fitzpatrick is there for us in the first (on the record as saying it likely won't happen), or if we decide to go Ward or DT instead of best LB available, I wonder if targeting a guy like Shaquem Griffin makes sense to target in 2 or 3 round.

Our needs are more for an ILB instead of a Will, but assuming we remain mostly 4-3 (a set Guenther likes), speed, ferocity, and a little positional flexibility out of a Will can only helps us. 

Maybe I just like the guy's story and think his underdog nature fits perfectly with our ethos, but he has an awesome motor and did play out of multiple positions in college (stacked, off the edge, rushing the passer or dropping off in coverage against RBs/TEs, etc.) and may even contribute to ST. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

Gruden was always like that though to some degree.  Hitching his wagon to Gannon is a great example.  

Right....but im talking about emulating the entire Patriots organization...the way they do things on all levels ...and why not...they have a winning formula   

34 minutes ago, BustedKnuckles said:

Right....but im talking about emulating the entire Patriots organization...the way they do things on all levels ...and why not...they have a winning formula   

Working together as a team and playing hard and smart seems like a good idea.  I'm all for it.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

Working together as a team and playing hard and smart seems like a good idea.  I'm all for it.  

right lol....you would think that isnt too much to ask...but its seems harder than it should be ....money and egos always get in the way

2 minutes ago, BustedKnuckles said:

right lol....you would think that isnt too much to ask...but its seems harder than it should be ....money and egos always get in the way

Yep.  Playing together as a team is tough when egos are involved. 

Gruden does seem to be trying to build a team.  That would explain why the sometimes difficult Crabtree was shown the door for Nelson.  I could be wrong but Crabtree is probably the better WR these days. 

For projection purposes, what type of offense can we expect??  heavy pass or run? 

3 minutes ago, stlrams said:

For projection purposes, what type of offense can we expect??  heavy pass or run? 

I honestly have no idea.

i'm not seeing an emulation of the patriots.  i see gritty, gutty, hard nosed football.  which is good, but will only get you so far.  him saying, "And I think that's important your first year, that you bring in some foundation players that can help you do that. So, yeah, I'm excited, man." makes me think he's thinking 2-3 years of rebuilding, with his finished product hitting the field in vegas in 2022. :mellow: 

i know i'm in the minority on gruden, but i just feel he's out of touch.  hopefully, i'm wrong.

2 hours ago, stlrams said:

No doubt that the running game is Gruden's focus. Just look at the free agency moves. Traded a pass oriented FB and signed a run blocking FB. Re-signed one of the better run blocking TE's and went and got another one. Signed another upside back in Martin and kept Lynch. 

That being said the Raider teams under him in the past did tend towards passing under Gannon. 

My guess is Gruden feels the defensive game has trended towards stopping the hyper air attacks of most teams. Going light and fast. He wants to use our top O line and smash it through to open up Carr for killing blows in the passing game. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chadstroma said:

Leon Hall officially is a Raider.

Anyone know his story? I know he was highly touted coming out of the draft. Does he have anything left? Makes me hope they might go LB in the first round.

1 hour ago, Bruno2 said:

Anyone know his story? I know he was highly touted coming out of the draft. Does he have anything left? Makes me hope they might go LB in the first round.

Rotoworld had nothing good to say lol...but they hardly ever do when it comes to the Raiders...jerks run that site 

Raiders signed CB Leon Hall.

Headed into his age-34 season, Hall has become a journeyman reserve. The Raiders will be his fourth team in as many years. Hall has made just three starts over the past two seasons, playing 660 snaps. He won't be guaranteed to crack the 53-man roster, though new coach Jon Gruden has been going back to the future in Oakland.

On 3/28/2018 at 5:31 PM, joey said:

that whole video (Carr quotes and all the rest) freakin pumped me up!

Can't WAIT til draft day! And then mini-camp. Damn, let's get this year rolling!

Pumps me up too. I'm sure the players are gonna be really pumped.

But ya gotta have the horses. And these players they've signed, I'd say most of 'em are ready for the glue factory. (Joking...but you know what I mean.)

9 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

Yep.  Playing together as a team is tough when egos are involved. 

Gruden does seem to be trying to build a team.  That would explain why the sometimes difficult Crabtree was shown the door for Nelson.  I could be wrong but Crabtree is probably the better WR these days. 

I know there's salary cap implications but I'm of the thought they should have added Nelson and kept Crabtree. They've still a gaping chasm for a third wideout.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, stlrams said:

On the one hand, Gruden is talking about having a Grade A fullback, that a back like Lynch needs one and had one in his glory years in Seattle and that would seem to indicate a heavy dose of running.

On the other hand, he said at the combine that Cooper was going to be the "centerpiece" of the offense.

So...:shrug:

43 minutes ago, Ed Wood said:

I know there's salary cap implications but I'm of the thought they should have added Nelson and kept Crabtree. They've still a gaping chasm for a third wideout.

Who do you cut? 

Nelson was brought in and Crabtree cut for two reasons. Precision in routes and dropped balls.

1 hour ago, Ed Wood said:

I get the sense there is a lot more to the locker room issues that may have existed with Crabtree. As fans it is impossible for us to know all of the dynamics in the locker room and what one person can do to ruin the chemistry of a team. There is something to be said of the theory 'addition by subtraction'.

• Like 4

Man does Gruden get me pumped......just talking in a recent interview he exudes positive energy in overdrive

Yeah, I'm ready to go. 

The second video clip further down that article is a workout with Carr for his Gruden QB Camp. Totally great. Especially that prophetic quote at the end that said "maybe we'll hook up in the future someday". F..k yeah!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chadstroma said:

Conley fully clear from the rape allegations.

Was he also fully cleared to perform like a 1st round Stud CB? I hope so. :) 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Sarlakticacid said:

Re-sign him, draft R Smith at 10, and LB goes to a position of strength, perhaps?

Nah. Couldn't be that simple. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, joey said:

Re-sign him, draft R Smith at 10, and LB goes to a position of strength, perhaps?

Nah. Couldn't be that simple. 

Difficulty simple 

The way 2017 ended didn’t sit well with Donald Penn.

After a 2016 season that saw the Oakland Raiders return to the postseason for the first time in more than a dozen years, expectations were sky high headed into 2017, and for myriad reasons, they fell short of those expectations, eventually finishing the year with a 6-10 record, good for third in the AFC West.

In addition to the shortcomings of the team’s final record, Penn – a player with 174 career appearances to his name – also finished the year on the mend, missing the final two games of the regular season with a foot injury.

But, like the organization in general, Penn is putting 2017 behind him, and is excited to get back to work at full strength in 2018.

“I’m doing good,” Penn said when discussing his recovery. “I’ve been doing everything the doctors and trainers have asked. Everybody says I’m on track.”

The veteran left tackle also went out of his way to alleviate the fears of Raider Nation, making sure to note that the 2018 version of Donald Penn will be back to his Pro Bowl form of seasons past.

“Everything is coming along; I’m doing everything, guys,” Penn said. “I’m putting extra work. I’m doing everything they’re telling me, so I’m getting ready. I can’t wait to get this thing started next year, and I have to come back with a vengeance.”

While Penn anticipates his health and level of play being the same as it always has been, there will be one difference for No. 72 and the rest of the Raiders in 2018; Jon Gruden is now the head coach of the Silver and Black.

And while the arrival of a new coaching staff inevitably ushers in a wave of change, Penn won’t be starting from square one with the Raiders head coach; he spent the first two seasons of his career with Gruden in Tampa Bay.

“I love Coach Gruden,” Penn explained. “I started my career off with him. I know the mentality he has. I know the passion he has for football, and I told him when I talked to him, ‘you’re coming into a group, a room, of hungry dogs,’ because we didn’t like the way we ended last season, and with that coming in, with his intensity, and you can see by the excitement, the fire power in his press conferences and all this stuff.”

One of those “hungry dogs” Gruden will be working with – and Penn will be blocking for – in 2018, is veteran running back Doug Martin.

Martin is another old Buccaneer who Penn played with in Tampa, and although the Stockton-native is a few years removed from being a 1,000-yard rusher, the Raiders left tackle is confident that Martin can return to form back in the Bay Area.

“[Martin] is smart,” Penn said. “He’s always going to be in the right spot. He’s small, and tough, and strong, so he gets to hide behind us, and then he just pops out. He did that so many times in Tampa… He does a good job of finding those little creases in the hole, and breaking through them, and he does a great job. That’s another guy that has a chip on his shoulder, so I can’t wait to get him out there.”

And that Martin/Marshawn Lynchrunning back tandem? You better believe Penn is looking forward to seeing that in action as well.

“Beast Mode, he’s happy,” Penn explained.  “I talked to him a couple of days ago. He’s happy to work with Gruden, and he’s really happy to work with his old guy Tom Cable because we got Coach Cable back… I got my boy “Oly” [Offensive Coordinator Greg Olson] back, so I’m happy. We have a lot of guys back that I know, a lot of familiar faces. Coach Cable, talking to him, and his plan coming into next year, I’m really excited.”

Whether it’s Martin, any of the team’s other additions, Penn himself or even Gruden, according to No. 72, there’s one constant that binds them all together; they all have a chip on their shoulder.

“Everybody, this whole team, we have big chips on our shoulders,” he said. “So when guys have chips on their shoulders, they’re going to come out fighting, so I’m excited.”

The Raiders Offseason Workout Program begins in early-April.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, stlrams said:

I don't know either, but looks as if it at least will be more dynamic, which is fine by me.

We were way too predictable and single threaded. Seemed to me Lynch was used in 1st down and short down situations, and without using PA or other personnel misdirection, it made it fairly obvious what we were doing when he was on the field. Ditto with Patterson.

If Gruden wants to build a tougher running team, fine by me, let's get all we can out of Lynch while we can (he certainly looked effective to me last year) -- but I doubt that Gruden is simply looking to just shift the run/pass balance as opposed to using the weapons he has to have a dynamic and tougher-to-predict offense, and using personnel in different ways to set up other elements of the game (PA, bootlegs, using run to set up more effective passing, etc.).

19 hours ago, Chadstroma said:

Leon Hall officially is a Raider.

I get what Gruden is doing bringing in his grinders to raise the bar and competition, provide depth and leadership, and give Guenther familiar faces. But let's not take too much from the Bengals, please? It's not as if they've been fantastic this last few years. And even from 09-13 when the Bengals did make the playoffs consistently, it's not as if they had success getting further along than that.

That's my only worry so far -- that in installing a new plan, let's not lean to heavily on any one staffer's "guys" jsut to build familiarity with a scheme that worked elsewhere. Let's build properly on top of this team's strengths we have now.

• Like 1

Marquette King has been released.

Marquette King - P - Free Agent

Raiders released P Marquette King.

The moves saves the cap-strapped Raiders $2.9 million. King has consistently been among the league's best punters, earning All-Pro recognition in 2016 while ranking sixth in punt average (47.4) last season. The Raiders will move forward with UC Davis alum Colby Wadman as their primary punter.

15 minutes ago, ICON211 said:

Marquette King has been released.

Marquette King - P - Free Agent

Raiders released P Marquette King.

The moves saves the cap-strapped Raiders $2.9 million. King has consistently been among the league's best punters, earning All-Pro recognition in 2016 while ranking sixth in punt average (47.4) last season. The Raiders will move forward with UC Davis alum Colby Wadman as their primary punter.

Headscratcher given the talent. Count me among those who thought that while King was entertaining, it wasn't always entertaining and also brought a level of distraction. But I would not have released him given how amazing he is at what he does.

Chucky disagrees. So be it. 

If it helps land Bowman, ok with the move, a solid trade off to make. If it's solely to align with Gruden view on the personalities in the locker room, well, some things can be taught, Chucky. Please don't cut talented guys who can contribute without seeing if they can change first. We need as much talent as we can muster.

I got no problem with this. King is talented but we don't need to spend that much on a punter and we don't need a punter who gets personal foul penalties. 

• Like 2

Nice, Chucky. Send a lockerroom message and free up cap for Bowman. We'll find another punter. Addition by subtraction on so many levels.

Everyday a good day since Gruden returned.

• Like 1

I think King is more about cap than anything else. Almost $3 million freed up by cutting a punter? Sure, he is one of the better punters in the league but quick.... come up with another punter who gets penalties. Ill wait.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Headscratcher given the talent. Count me among those who thought that while King was entertaining, it wasn't always entertaining and also brought a level of distraction. But I would not have released him given how amazing he is at what he does.

Chucky disagrees. So be it. 

If it helps land Bowman, ok with the move, a solid trade off to make. If it's solely to align with Gruden view on the personalities in the locker room, well, some things can be taught, Chucky. Please don't cut talented guys who can contribute without seeing if they can change first. We need as much talent as we can muster.

The difference between a top 5 punter and a bottom 5 punter in the league really isn't all that much.  King has talent for sure, but this was not an irreplaceable player.  I think some folks worried when Lechler wasn't retained, but I really don't recall that move having any tangible impact on the field.  I never look at an opponent's roster and worry about their punter.

All that being said, the salary cap implications make this a no brainer.

On 3/29/2018 at 11:38 AM, stlrams said:

Since you asked, here is a high level breakdown of run/pass splits, and position targets. I expect a run heavy offense with one RB and WR having significant production in the pass game. Gruden's system has supported two WRs in the past.

Tm	Scr Ply	Pass Att	Rush Att	Run%	Pass%	RB Tar	WR Tar	TE Tar	QB
Eagles	1,004	496	508	51%	49%	26%	64%	10%	Roodney Peete
Eagles	1,037	548	489	47%	53%	27%	63%	10%	Ty Detmer
Eagles	1,052	587	465	44%	56%	32%	58%	10%	Ty Detmer
Raiders	968	519	449	46%	54%	25%	58%	17%	Donald Hollis
Raiders	1,008	520	488	48%	52%	30%	56%	14%	Rich Gannon
Raiders	995	475	520	52%	48%	30%	55%	15%	Rich Gannon
Raiders	1,003	553	450	45%	55%	30%	57%	13%	Rich Gannon
Buccs	981	567	414	42%	58%	33%	57%	10%	Brad Johnson
Buccs	1,013	592	421	42%	58%	35%	53%	12%	Brad Johnson
Buccs	905	512	393	43%	57%	29%	55%	16%	Brian Griese
Buccs	944	487	457	48%	52%	25%	57%	18%	Chris Simms
Buccs	957	553	404	42%	58%	30%	54%	16%	Bruce Gradkowski
Buccs	939	490	449	48%	52%	32%	51%	17%	Jeff Garcia
Buccs	1,013	562	451	45%	55%	25%	54%	21%	Jeff Garcia
Avg	987	533	454	46%	54%	29%	57%	14%	

Some conclusions:

Gruden's system is above the league average (44%) in rush attempts (46%). 
Gruden's system is above the league average (21%) in RB targets (29%). 
Gruden's system is below the league average (21%) in TE targets (14%)

I am skeptical that Lynch provides the receiving skills to lead the RB group in targets. I think someone else will emerge to claim that role.
Cook better get his resumé updated, he doesn't appear to be a fit in Gruden's approach.

Some notes on this table:

Scr plys = total pass att + rush att (profootballreference stats includes other plays in their totals.)
QB column indicates the QB that attempted the most passes that season.

Edited by 32 Counter Pass
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, 32 Counter Pass said:

Since you asked, here is a high level breakdown of run/pass splits, and position targets. I expect a run heavy offense with one RB and WR having significant production in the pass game. Gruden's system has supported two WRs in the past.

Tm	Scr Ply	Pass Att	Rush Att	Run%	Pass%	RB Tar	WR Tar	TE Tar	QB
Eagles	1,004	496	508	51%	49%	26%	64%	10%	Roodney Peete
Eagles	1,037	548	489	47%	53%	27%	63%	10%	Ty Detmer
Eagles	1,052	587	465	44%	56%	32%	58%	10%	Ty Detmer
Raiders	968	519	449	46%	54%	25%	58%	17%	Donald Hollis
Raiders	1,008	520	488	48%	52%	30%	56%	14%	Rich Gannon
Raiders	995	475	520	52%	48%	30%	55%	15%	Rich Gannon
Raiders	1,003	553	450	45%	55%	30%	57%	13%	Rich Gannon
Buccs	981	567	414	42%	58%	33%	57%	10%	Brad Johnson
Buccs	1,013	592	421	42%	58%	35%	53%	12%	Brad Johnson
Buccs	905	512	393	43%	57%	29%	55%	16%	Brian Griese
Buccs	944	487	457	48%	52%	25%	57%	18%	Chris Simms
Buccs	957	553	404	42%	58%	30%	54%	16%	Bruce Gradkowski
Buccs	939	490	449	48%	52%	32%	51%	17%	Jeff Garcia
Buccs	1,013	562	451	45%	55%	25%	54%	21%	Jeff Garcia
Avg	987	533	454	46%	54%	29%	57%	14%	

Some conclusions:

Gruden's system is above the league average (44%) in rush attempts (46%). 
Gruden's system is above the league average (21%) in RB targets (29%). 
Gruden's system is below the league average (21%) in TE targets (14%)

I am skeptical that Lynch provides the receiving skills to lead the RB group in targets. I think someone else will emerge to claim that role.
Cook better get his resumé updated, he doesn't appear to be a fit in Gruden's approach.

Some notes on this table:

Scr plys = total pass att + rush att (profootballreference stats includes other plays in their totals.)
QB column indicates the QB that attempted the most passes that season.

Fantastic post, solid analysis, thanks.

Lynch was never a pass-catching back. Guys on the team (for now) like Richard/Washington fill that role. While Doug Martin isn't a pure pass catcher (he's had re-occurrences of dropsies over his career), he is well rounded and involved in the pass game a lot in his rookie season before the Bucs went on to bring in RB pass-catching specialists -- a quarter of his total yards his rookie season came from the passing game. He's not Faulk, but he's not trash in that area of the game. He is trash at pass pro, but sending him out as a receiver cures that.

Gruden definitely likes building stout blocking TE formations, which also speaks to your point about Cook. Looks like what Gruden is trying to do is emulate what the Pats and Chiefs do in terms of their 3-TE formations that help the run game, controls the clock, etc. Letting Walford go seems to fit this system, placing more of a premium on TE blocking than catching.

I still think Cook will have a place in a 3 TE set -- one benefit is that this formation exploits weakness along the seams against cover-2, which is a predominant scheme these days given its success against WCOs. This package also works well in short down/red zone situations given size mismatches and smaller windows that favor big/tall TEs that can compete for balls. Cook can still be quite involved in a system that employs more 3-TEs set and doesn't target the TE as frequently, but you are right that we can't expect volume for Cook as we once did.

• Like 1

Jon Gruden reportedly made the call to release former Raiders P Marquette King due to "personality issues".

What those personality issues were is unclear. Oakland undoubtedly needed the relief in cap space, but this news sheds light on another reason the All-Pro was released. Former Raiders HC Jack Del Rio also grew tired of King's antics after he picked up consecutive personal foul penalties in 2016. King will still have several teams interested as he's consistently been among the league's best punters.

Jon Gruden reportedly made the call to release former Raiders P Marquette King due to "personality issues".

Makes me wonder how long Lynch lasts.

20 minutes ago, Enderdog said:

Gruden is on record several times stating that he wants Oakland natives on his team....I say Lynch gets a pass

18 hours ago, Enderdog said:

18 hours ago, BustedKnuckles said:

Gruden is on record several times stating that he wants Oakland natives on his team....I say Lynch gets a pass

Lynch will get a pass and last as long as he produces this year and does not become a distraction in Gruden's eyes.

There's likely a different level of tolerance between a guy at a true skill position with over 10 years in the league, a SB ring, 5 Pro Bowls (including 1st and 2nd All-Pro Team nods), a guy who led the league in rush TDs in two consecutive years, and a guy who has half the tenure and nowhere near the # of accolades (Second team All-Pro, NFL punting yard leader, that's it).

I've never seen so much whining over a punter in my life. He's talented,  but he's still just a punter. This is Grudens show now, if you're a punter, and a distraction, you're gone I guess. Move on Raider Nation.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Bruno2 said:

I've never seen so much whining over a punter in my life. He's talented,  but he's still just a punter. This is Grudens show now, if you're a punter, and a distraction, you're gone I guess. Move on Raider Nation.

Agreed.  Guy was a clown. 

On 4/1/2018 at 3:23 PM, BustedKnuckles said:

Seriously? He said that? :lol:

Oakland natives currently in the NFL would be, uh, nobody BUT Lynch if my surveying a wikipedia link is correct. I do recall he said at the introductory press conference about whether Lynch would be on the team something like, "I want to be in Oakland. He's from Oakland. He wants to be here. We'll see what happens, yada, yada, yada" but I never saw anything but that.

So...Crabs and King are out not because they're "malcontents" and "troublemakers" but because they're not from Oakland. Lynch, who certainly marches to the beat of his own drummer, is from Oakland so he stays? Ok then.

I think it's more they traded Crabs for Nelson which they're ok with as a wash and as somebody pointed out here the difference between a top 5 punter and a bottom punter is pretty negligible so they could afford to let King go. But if the Raiders land a stud at RB, I think it's safe to say they'll probably wave good-bye to Lynch too.

• Like 1

Well, I'm on record not being enamored with who Gruden has brought in so far--that goes for players as well as coaches.

But now there's the draft to look forward to. Unfortunately, as someone here has pointed out, his record with there isn't exactly scintillating either.

With the King canning, it's pretty clear this is Chucky's show, which it should be given the money he's making.

Just hope it has an extended run playing to sell out crowds and not closing after two or three disastrous years.

since we're discussing the kicking game so much ;)

I wouldn't mind if the Raiders took this opportunity to get OUT of the lefty-kicker market and bring in a plain ol' righty kicker. That'll make it be much easier to replace than when you have a lefty and everyone has to train up on snapping and holding for a lefty. I like the Italian kid, but I want an interchangeable piece at placekicker and a righty gives us that.

enough kicker talk, right? :)

I want Roquan Smith, dammit.

• Like 1

WR (return specialist) Dwayne Harris signed,

Clive Walford claimed by the Jets. 

Edited by Chadstroma

5 hours ago, joey said:

I want Roquan Smith, dammit.

Saying it, here, there, and everywhere. Saying it in a box and with a fox, in a house, or with a mouse.

Roquan Smith is who we are ending up with.

I'd love it if others fell, but would be fine if we ended up with the Montezuma Machine.

• Like 2

On 3/28/2018 at 3:08 PM, BustedKnuckles said:

After reading this my takeaway is Gruden is going to try and model the Raiders after the New England Patriots ...use players that arent really BIG name stars but rather work hard and want to play ....hes seen the way the pats run things while working as a broadcaster ...this insight is invaluable 

This narrative really fits every move the team has done thus far. But even the Patriots sign a big name free agent now and then (Stephen Gilmore). What would really be a tell is if they traded down and picked up multiple second recond picks. That is a classic Billichik move. Does this mean the Raiders will start moving players “a year to soon?”

King’s release was a bit of a surprise. He was a very good asset for changing field pisition. I just hope they have a adequate replacement in mind. You replace talent with talent.

If personality was a factor in King’s release I can’t understand why they retainined Lynch. The Lynch I remember was acting all the fool on the sideline at the end of the Jets game. Even worse, he was constantly pulling himself out of games. And who can forget that disqualification in the Chiefs game? That was a beauty. I wonder how long Billichik would tolerate that nonsense?

• Like 1