What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

== OFFICIAL OAKLAND RAIDERS 2018 thread == (2 Viewers)

Sad that Keon Hatcher may make the team and Seth Roberts will make the team. It should be the other way around.
Robert's seems to have nine lives. He barely played this preseason which says a lot.

Just my gut opinion, I've  listened to a few interviews with Carr and he seems to go to bat for Roberts quite a bit. I'm guessing he has some say as to who hes throwing the ball to. In all fairness, Seth did make some clutch catches a couple years ago. But we only seem to focus on the drops. 

Robert's seems to have nine lives. He barely played this preseason which says a lot.

Just my gut opinion, I've  listened to a few interviews with Carr and he seems to go to bat for Roberts quite a bit. I'm guessing he has some say as to who hes throwing the ball to. In all fairness, Seth did make some clutch catches a couple years ago. But we only seem to focus on the drops. 
I think if he didn't get the premature contract extension he'd be gone by now.

Sad that Keon Hatcher may make the team and Seth Roberts will make the team. It should be the other way around.
Really... the one bad contract Reggie has done IMO. Usually he is a master of putting together team friendly contracts but not this time. 

He actually had a higher catch percentage than Cooper last year. I am showing 3 dropped balls to Amari's 5 but neither number seems right to me. 

Maybe I should be... but I am still not worried. Call it being naive. Call it confidence in Reggie. Call it blind hope. Or whatever else. But I am not worried. Yet. 

Rapaport: With less than 24 hrs to go before the cut-down day deadline, the trade market for #Raiders star pass-rusher Khalil Mack is robust, I’m told. There are enough teams interested where the chances of Mack being traded is very real. Oakland is gauging and listening. Tune in tomorrow.

Rapaport: With less than 24 hrs to go before the cut-down day deadline, the trade market for #Raiders star pass-rusher Khalil Mack is robust, I’m told. There are enough teams interested where the chances of Mack being traded is very real. Oakland is gauging and listening. Tune in tomorrow.
This makes me very confident Mack will not be dealt.  I haven't seen anyone wrong more often than Ian Rapoport.

People are saying Mack is considering a jump over to baseball. 

That, or being traded. 

Or holding out. 

Or becoming an airline pilot. 

Yes, that’s what people are saying. 

trade market for Raiders DE Khalil Mack has reportedly become "robust."

General language has become the standard for news surrounding Mack, including reports that there are "enough teams interested" and multiple franchises are "expected to inquire about" him. It remains notable that Oakland continues "gauging and listening" to offers. It's beginning to seem inevitable that Mack is dealt, perhaps even as soon as Saturday's 4 p.m. ET cut-down deadline.
sounds like Ish is going sideways here....

Last edited by a moderator:
Random not so bold prediction

With Chucky back in town and maybe the final year in Oakland I think we'll be featured on Hard Knocks next year

Please let this happen please please please please please  :pickle:

Khalil Mack - DL -  Raiders

The 49ers are exploring the possibility of trading for Raiders DE Khalil Mack.

La Canfora also lists the Jets, Bills, Colts, Packers, Browns, and Bears among teams inquiring about Mack. The Raiders are reportedly asking for two first-round picks in return for their perennial All-World holdout, though numerous Oakland beat writers have suggested Mack could be had for a first-round pick and standout player combo. Currently gauging and listening to offers, the Raiders appear to be closer to dealing Mack than paying him.

That's what I've been trying to say. And Gruden said it for the whole world hear at the beginning of camp. "The defense wasn't very good WITH Mack the past couple years." They aren't worried about Mack, they're worried about how the He!! they're gonna cover Tyreek Hill twice a year lol. They'll get more pressure now (hopefully) with these young bucks on the Dline. 
This is an abhorring twisting of his words and taking them completely out of context.  They asked Gruden how well the defense would hold up without Mack.  He said the above, implying that even with him they still need a ton of improvement, and obviously without him it would need more.

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet

FollowingFollowing @RapSheet

More

And here we go: The #Bears are now expected to trade for star Khalil Mack. They are the team.

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter

FollowingFollowing @AdamSchefter

More

Sources to ESPN: Raiders and Bears have an agreement in place to trade Khalil Mack to Chicago. Still working through it, but Raiders now planning to send Mack to Chicago.

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG, woke up to several texts....Basically, a veritable flood of significant offers for Mack came in very close in time to each other.  Several that included two first rounders.  I'm told if the Chicago deal goes thru (wholly dependent on Chicago giving Mack a new deal that eclipses the Donald) us Raider fans are going to be happy.  Very happy.  Not that any Raider fan is going to be happy losing such a great player, but happy in the bounty we are going to get in return, on top of saving the 23+ million a year we would have to pay Mack.  Just goes to show how quickly things can change.  Until about 48 hours ago, I really believe Oakland had no real interest to trade Mack.  I give Gruden some begrudging credit.  If he gets an offer that blows the door off for a young team needing to develop, kudos to him for doing something he really thinks is best for the team in the long run.  We'll see what we get from Chicago, but I'm ready to be very happy

OMG, woke up to several texts....Basically, a veritable flood of significant offers for Mack came in very close in time to each other.  Several that included two first rounders.  I'm told if the Chicago deal goes thru (wholly dependent on Chicago giving Mack a new deal that eclipses the Donald) us Raider fans are going to be happy.  Very happy.  Not that any Raider fan is going to be happy losing such a great player, but happy in the bounty we are going to get in return, on top of saving the 23+ million a year we would have to pay Mack.  Just goes to show how quickly things can change.  Until about 48 hours ago, I really believe Oakland had no real interest to trade Mack.  I give Gruden some begrudging credit.  If he gets an offer that blows the door off for a young team needing to develop, kudos to him for doing something he really thinks is best for the team in the long run.  We'll see what we get from Chicago, but I'm ready to be very happy
Gruden let his ego get in the way, as many have done in the past. 

Oh please

The cap saving is a plus obviously, but two 1sts for a guy like Mack is a steal for the Bears.  27 and coming into the prime of his career for two unknown commodities? All day long.  

Oh please

The cap saving is a plus obviously, but two 1sts for a guy like Mack is a steal for the Bears.  27 and coming into the prime of his career for two unknown commodities? All day long.  
Not sure you can say definitely that it is a steal for the Bears yet until we know if there is more to the deal. Is another player involved and if so, who? If it's 2 1sts and Roquon I'd say the Raiders did alright.

So one team isn't willing to pay the large deal.

The other team is willing to pay the large deal AND give up two 1st round picks.

Just seems so weird
yep. somethibg off about the whole thing. I'd be lying if I said I didnt wish GB got him, but this is one of those deals that can either put you at the top or cripple your franchise. Kudos to Pace for having the cojones to go for it. we will see if it works out. 

That's what never made sense.  Why would a team "secretly" work on a contract with their own star player, while rumors were everywhere about him being traded? They were never seriously working on a contract that Mack would actually sign. They were holding on to see how high the offers would go and trading him. 
They were never secretly working on a contract.  Please go back and read my initial post.  I said they made a best foot forward offer many months ago, Mack countered with something the team thought was outrageous and nothing has happened between them since.  Both sides miscalculated the other's position and resolve, hence the lack of communication.  Oakland was never seeking to trade Mack, but when the offers came pouring in, they had to listen and here we are.

I have a few friends who have been with team for a billion years and while not directly involved in things, they are in a position to know things that the outside world doesn't.  I always try to responsibly pass along things I hear because that is one of the things that make this board so fantastic.  Sometimes, quite often in fact, the end result isn't what I heard.  I always preface my comments by saying that.  I will continue to post things I hear.  If you aren't interested or feel my sources are guff, then don't read them. 

This is an abhorring twisting of his words and taking them completely out of context.  They asked Gruden how well the defense would hold up without Mack.  He said the above, implying that even with him they still need a ton of improvement, and obviously without him it would need more.
I didn't twist anything. Just reading between the lines...

I guess I’m in the minority thinking 2 1st rounders is pretty good deal for the Raiders. Don’t follow them closely enough to know about their cap and why they just didn’t pay Mack but it’s a good haul. 

They were never secretly working on a contract.  Please go back and read my initial post.  I said they made a best foot forward offer many months ago, Mack countered with something the team thought was outrageous and nothing has happened between them since.  Both sides miscalculated the other's position and resolve, hence the lack of communication.  Oakland was never seeking to trade Mack, but when the offers came pouring in, they had to listen and here we are.

I have a few friends who have been with team for a billion years and while not directly involved in things, they are in a position to know things that the outside world doesn't.  I always try to responsibly pass along things I hear because that is one of the things that make this board so fantastic.  Sometimes, quite often in fact, the end result isn't what I heard.  I always preface my comments by saying that.  I will continue to post things I hear.  If you aren't interested or feel my sources are guff, then don't read them. 
people just get jealous of those who know individuals within organizations and hear things they dont. I dont understand it. it's as if people dont like information

I haven't followed any of your previous posts nor did I even know you were posting about things you heard from the inside. Get over yourself. 

Users who are viewing this thread