Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kupcho1

Best albums of 2018 - playlists in post #1

912 posts in this topic

Now for the important question - how many King Gizzard albums are we going to see this year?

@Northern Voice - did you or somebody suggest doing a collaborative playlist for the year so we add stuff in there as we go, or do we do another end of year draft? (maybe have 2 shorter ones in June and December to keep stuff fresh in our minds?)

dot

I'm happy just linking my playlist and following those others that get linked.

Looking forward to parquet courts upcoming album featuring explosive new genius artist, floppinho.

5 people like this

13 hours ago, Northern Voice said:

A/V Club chimes in with their anticipated albums

Interpol, Ought, U.S. Girls sound intriguing. The comments section tells me there's a new Hot Snakes album coming out :excited: 

Rules.

New Jeff Rosenstock is awesome. You know, most of us with that particular first name are just pure human filth. Rosenstock's one of the few good ones. 

I really do love my wife. But, should some terrible fate befall her: On the Weakerthans DVD "Live at the Burton Cummings Theatre", during One Great City!, they show a young woman in the audience sing the line "The Guess Who suck, the Jets were lousy anyway." She is the leader in the clubhouse for the replacement. I can imagine that Kristen (I'm guessing  Kristen) is probably super-stoked about dual-citizenship to our awesome country.

2 people like this

6 hours ago, Good Posting Judge said:

Rules.

New Jeff Rosenstock is awesome. You know, most of us with that particular first name are just pure human filth. Rosenstock's one of the few good ones. 

I really do love my wife. But, should some terrible fate befall her: On the Weakerthans DVD "Live at the Burton Cummings Theatre", during One Great City!, they show a young woman in the audience sing the line "The Guess Who suck, the Jets were lousy anyway." She is the leader in the clubhouse for the replacement. I can imagine that Kristen (I'm guessing  Kristen) is probably super-stoked about dual-citizenship to our awesome country.

Pics or it didn't (won't?) happen.  

7 hours ago, Good Posting Judge said:

Rules.

Future Mrs. GPJ at the 1:00:04 mark??   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btTzXyLxaqA

This Sidney Gish album being hyped up today is really good.

Sidney Gish is a Boston singer-songwriter specializing in spectacular yet understated guitar-driven indie-pop... You can hear that six-string studiousness in her songcraft, which undergirds plainspoken twee sentimentality with subtly virtuosic chops. It’s no wonder she’s shared a stage with Margaret Glaspy. What stands out to me more than Gish’s mastery of the guitar, though, is her songwriting ability, particularly the way she imbues her innately infectious melodies with an actor’s ear for emotional inflection. She’ll absolutely wrap you around her finger with these songs, so check it out below.

11 minutes ago, kupcho1 said:

:lmao:

I think her grandfather was famous. 

Real love can see past everything. Shame on you.

1 person likes this

Vampire Weekend is coming out with an album called Mitsubishi Macchiotto??

Oh my. 

I love that band, but that's pushing it.  

Did I miss the best of 2017 album poll?

17 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

Yes, Juiceboxxx had the consensus #1 album of the year. 

1 person likes this

:excited:

My favorite post of each year, and each time this year is when I say, "I'm really going to pay attention and listen to more recommendations".

On 1/8/2018 at 4:13 PM, Ilov80s said:

I'll get it started for voting by the end of the week. Busy last week and flu bug this week.

On 1/2/2018 at 10:51 AM, Northern Voice said:

A/V Club chimes in with their anticipated albums

Interpol, Ought, U.S. Girls sound intriguing. The comments section tells me there's a new Hot Snakes album coming out :excited: 

Looking forwards to Low, as always.

On 1/3/2018 at 11:25 AM, Northern Voice said:

This Sidney Gish album being hyped up today is really good.

Weird, I just saw her perform at a tiny pub outside of Boston.  She's a very talented singer-songwriter. 

Edited by wazoo11

3 hours ago, Northern Voice said:

I'll get it started for voting by the end of the week. Busy last week and flu bug this week.

Hope you feel better- not trying to rush you, just honestly thought I missed it 

2 people like this

I'm really liking No Age's new one, Snares Like A Haircut. 

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, ericttspikes said:

Hooray.

Been waiting for this one.

On 1/16/2018 at 3:25 PM, ericttspikes said:

Don't see it on the spotify

Shame is a good Sarf London band with a bad name.  Their debut LP Songs of Praise mines familiar post-punk territory but they do it with style.

One Rizla

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, El Floppo said:

I found a leak. Think it officially drops next week. Catching them in Chicago Sat night.

1 person likes this

15 hours ago, El Floppo said:

There are 3 songs on BandCamp

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, Eephus said:

Shame is a good Sarf London band with a bad name.  Their debut LP Songs of Praise mines familiar post-punk territory but they do it with style.

One Rizla

lol @ the intro to that video

46 minutes ago, Jaysus said:

There are 3 songs on BandCamp

thanks- really liking these. picking up an 80s vibe with some ofthe guitar work. and I can't explain how much I love how badly the guy sings- or at least the intentionally crazily off-key choices he makes. pool or a pond I guess. 

I’m so looking forward to the new Tribulation album that I can’t take it.