What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best albums of 2018 - playlists in post #1 (1 Viewer)

Now for the important question - how many King Gizzard albums are we going to see this year?

@Northern Voice - did you or somebody suggest doing a collaborative playlist for the year so we add stuff in there as we go, or do we do another end of year draft? (maybe have 2 shorter ones in June and December to keep stuff fresh in our minds?)

A/V Club chimes in with their anticipated albums

Interpol, Ought, U.S. Girls sound intriguing. The comments section tells me there's a new Hot Snakes album coming out :excited:  
Rules.

New Jeff Rosenstock is awesome. You know, most of us with that particular first name are just pure human filth. Rosenstock's one of the few good ones. 

I really do love my wife. But, should some terrible fate befall her: On the Weakerthans DVD "Live at the Burton Cummings Theatre", during One Great City!, they show a young woman in the audience sing the line "The Guess Who suck, the Jets were lousy anyway." She is the leader in the clubhouse for the replacement. I can imagine that Kristen (I'm guessing  Kristen) is probably super-stoked about dual-citizenship to our awesome country.

Rules.

New Jeff Rosenstock is awesome. You know, most of us with that particular first name are just pure human filth. Rosenstock's one of the few good ones. 

I really do love my wife. But, should some terrible fate befall her: On the Weakerthans DVD "Live at the Burton Cummings Theatre", during One Great City!, they show a young woman in the audience sing the line "The Guess Who suck, the Jets were lousy anyway." She is the leader in the clubhouse for the replacement. I can imagine that Kristen (I'm guessing  Kristen) is probably super-stoked about dual-citizenship to our awesome country.
Pics or it didn't (won't?) happen.  

Rules.

Future Mrs. GPJ at the 1:00:04 mark??   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btTzXyLxaqA

This Sidney Gish album being hyped up today is really good.

Sidney Gish is a Boston singer-songwriter specializing in spectacular yet understated guitar-driven indie-pop... You can hear that six-string studiousness in her songcraft, which undergirds plainspoken twee sentimentality with subtly virtuosic chops. It’s no wonder she’s shared a stage with Margaret Glaspy. What stands out to me more than Gish’s mastery of the guitar, though, is her songwriting ability, particularly the way she imbues her innately infectious melodies with an actor’s ear for emotional inflection. She’ll absolutely wrap you around her finger with these songs, so check it out below.

Vampire Weekend is coming out with an album called Mitsubishi Macchiotto??

Oh my. 

I love that band, but that's pushing it.  

:excited:

My favorite post of each year, and each time this year is when I say, "I'm really going to pay attention and listen to more recommendations".

Shame is a good Sarf London band with a bad name.  Their debut LP Songs of Praise mines familiar post-punk territory but they do it with style.

One Rizla

Jaysus said:
There are 3 songs on BandCamp
thanks- really liking these. picking up an 80s vibe with some ofthe guitar work. and I can't explain how much I love how badly the guy sings- or at least the intentionally crazily off-key choices he makes. pool or a pond I guess. 

whoa, I am digging the new The Go! Team WAY more than I thought I would... It currently has me smiling and nodding my head - I am a fan of that ;)

Ron Gallo has a new 8-song EP out today.  It seems like kind of a throwaway compared to last year's Heavy Meta album but it's a fun listen.

Eephus said:
Ron Gallo has a new 8-song EP out today.  It seems like kind of a throwaway compared to last year's Heavy Meta album but it's a fun listen.
still rounding things into place, but pretty sure Heavy Meta made the cut into my top albums. 

Users who are viewing this thread