What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Irsay wants the Colts to use high pick on RB (1 Viewer)

Irsay isn’t exactly the most believable source. Said all offseason that Luck would be back.

Barkley in IND would be so underwhelming. 

Man would get smacked behind the LoS, 90% of the time. 

Assuming top 2 picks are probably QBs I would think it would be smart to drive up the price for the next biggest chip at 3 (Barkley).

Last edited by a moderator:
Barkley in IND would be so underwhelming. 

Man would get smacked behind the LoS, 90% of the time. 
I believe the Colts ran the ball a lot better this season than last season.  I believe you are remembering 2016.

Andrew Luck missed the season because he took too many hits.  Jacob Brissett was sacked more times this year than any other QB.

The first, second, and third priority for the Colts should be to keep their starting quarterback off the turf.  Having a game-changing running back could go a long way, but without major improvements along the offensive line none of that will matter.

Andrew Luck missed the season because he took too many hits.  Jacob Brissett was sacked more times this year than any other QB.

The first, second, and third priority for the Colts should be to keep their starting quarterback off the turf.  Having a game-changing running back could go a long way, but without major improvements along the offensive line none of that will matter.
True but you don't take OL at #3 this year and if you can't trade down you take either Bradley Chubb or Saquan Barkley.

None grade out as a top 5 pick
I wouldn't look into that too much. McGlinchy, Brown, or Williams could go in the top 10.  Luck needs someone to protect him. Not a lot of talent going into free agency at OT this year.  It would be crazy not to consider one because of an arbitrary "grade."

Not sure if a G is worth being a top 5 pick but Quenton Nelson will grade out as one of the 5 highest players in the draft.
He’s about as close as you can get to a lock.  Probably the best G prospect to come out in 10+ years.  Teams would be stupid to pass on him just because he is a G.  

I wouldn't look into that too much. McGlinchy, Brown, or Williams could go in the top 10.  Luck needs someone to protect him. Not a lot of talent going into free agency at OT this year.  It would be crazy not to consider one because of an arbitrary "grade."
The left side of their line isn't bad and center Kelly got hurt.  Perhaps they can draft an OL in the 2nd round for the right side and get help through free agency.

New coach probably means a shiny new toy for him to use. I can see a RB or even a QB if Luck is severely broken.

I believe the Colts ran the ball a lot better this season than last season.  I believe you are remembering 2016.
Agree - if old man river Gore can run well behind that line I’m sure Barkley would manage just fine. 

Having Luck back will probably help a lot too. 

I could see that as a great fit with Gore likely to hang it up, and Mack underwhelming.  

Agree - if old man river Gore can run well behind that line I’m sure Barkley would manage just fine. 

Having Luck back will probably help a lot too. 

I could see that as a great fit with Gore likely to hang it up, and Mack underwhelming.  
Mack makes a good cop back

Irsay is an idiot and I hope Barkley doesn't go there
He wasn't an idiot at one time when he had Dungy, Polian, and Manning.  Irsay isn't the reason not to go to Indy.  If he can make the right choice for a HC, that's what matters.  The jury is still out on Ballard.

....and you don't draft out of need with the #3 overall pick, you draft BPA (not counting QBs of course).

Barkley to Browns at #1 to be their version of  L. Bell

#4 Browns take one of Rosen, Mayfield, Darnold, L Jackson

As stated that would be the shark move, but it's the Browns we're talking about here.
That wouldn't be the shark move unless they somehow had four quarterbacks ranked identically, which isn't going to be the case. 

Disregarding the Brown's past failures to land a franchise QB, when  you're sitting at #1 and you desperately need a franchise signal caller you take the one that you want, that you've vetted, and you move forward with that guy.  You don't defer to whichever is leftover at #4.  This isn't fantasy football here.  Of course, because they're the Browns they likely won't peg the right guy at #1 so in hindsight it'll look like they should've taken Barkley (or someone else at #1) and whichever QB ends up turning into an All-Pro that goes at pick #4 or later. 

No, but I think there is more than one QB in this draft that will be very good.
But wouldn't a team in desperate need of a franchise QB be best served deciding on which one they think is the best and choose that one?

It would seem pretty dumb to let 2-3 other teams get first crack and then settle for which ever one is left over.

But wouldn't a team in desperate need of a franchise QB be best served deciding on which one they think is the best and choose that one?

It would seem pretty dumb to let 2-3 other teams get first crack and then settle for which ever one is left over.
I guess that is debatable if a GM likes more than one QB.

Users who are viewing this thread