Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

Dynasty & Redraft: WR Christian Kirk, Cardinals

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, BigTex said:

FYI:

Cardinals brass has already stated that Kirk will begin his career as a perimeter receiver, allowing Larry Fitzgerald to continue to work the slot. This is a bonus for Kirk in the near term (and his dynasty owners), as he won’t have to sit behind the future Hall of Famer and can start scoring fantasy points right away in an offense looking to reassign 124 vacated targets from outbound free agents Jaron Brown and John Brown.

Tex

The majority of which will go to returning star RB David Johnson as a a combination of increased # of rushing attempts and targets out of the backfield.

The Cards aren't going to throw the ball 598 times and rush only 410 times this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chaka said:

The majority of which will go to returning star RB David Johnson as a a combination of increased # of rushing attempts and targets out of the backfield.

The Cards aren't going to throw the ball 598 times and rush only 410 times this season.

In 2016 when DJ has his great year, they passed about 650 items and ran about 400 times. It’s not out of the question that the ratio doesn’t change all that much.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kutta said:

In 2016 when DJ has his great year, they passed about 650 items and ran about 400 times. It’s not out of the question that the ratio doesn’t change all that much.

In 2016 & 2017 Bruce Arians was the head coach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chaka said:

In 2016 & 2017 Bruce Arians was the head coach.

Now how did I miss that, being a cardinals season ticket holder and all! :unsure:

I took your comment to mean that since DJ was returning, the ratio would change. Since you only mentioned DJ and not the coaching change, I didn’t want to extrapolate. If you think the ratio will change due to the coaching change, I might agree, but have heard nothing locally that that’s going to be the case.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kutta said:

Now how did I miss that, being a cardinals season ticket holder and all! :unsure:

I took your comment to mean that since DJ was returning, the ratio would change. Since you only mentioned DJ and not the coaching change, I didn’t want to extrapolate. If you think the ratio will change due to the coaching change, I might agree, but have heard nothing locally that that’s going to be the case.

Even if the ratio, and total volume, did stay the same DJ will siphon off the majority of the share lost from Brown & Brown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Chaka said:

Even if the ratio, and total volume, did stay the same DJ will siphon off the majority of the share lost from Brown & Brown.

Game situations will dictate it.    AZ o line not what it used to be, which will tend to more 3rd and long situations.      Defense is down also, more catchup through the air.     Bradford is a statue also, more drives being cut short due to lack of elusiveness.    The run pass ratio will be slanted more towards the air based upon their personnel and situations they put themselves in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, domvin said:

Game situations will dictate it.    AZ o line not what it used to be, which will tend to more 3rd and long situations.      Defense is down also, more catchup through the air.     Bradford is a statue also, more drives being cut short due to lack of elusiveness.    The run pass ratio will be slanted more towards the air based upon their personnel and situations they put themselves in.

And the majority share lost from Brown and Brown will still go to DJ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Chaka said:

And the majority share lost from Brown and Brown will still go to DJ.

Fitz has 109 receptions last year. Brown, Nelson, and Brown had 31, 29, 21. And that’s about it for WR receptions.

If you think DJ is going to get the majority of what Browm and Brown got,  how many receptions do you think Kirk is going to have this year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kutta said:

Fitz has 109 receptions last year. Brown, Nelson, and Brown had 31, 29, 21. And that’s about it for WR receptions.

If you think DJ is going to get the majority of what Browm and Brown got,  how many receptions do you think Kirk is going to have this year?

No idea. What I do know is the Cardinals most important weapon is back after.missing virtually all of 2017. And between him and Fitz we should anticipate those two dominating the offensive game plan/opportunities/touches. 

As far as the rest of the offense goes I anticipate seeing the TEs featured far more than we have seen in Arizona in a long time. And my guess is JJ Nelson will see the second most snaps at WR after Fitz because he brings a legitimate speed dimension that no other player on the roster offers.

Kirk may finish as the second best fantasy WR on the Cardinals, I just don't see that amounting to very much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chaka said:

No idea. What I do know is the Cardinals most important weapon is back after.missing virtually all of 2017. And between him and Fitz we should anticipate those two dominating the offensive game plan/opportunities/touches. 

As far as the rest of the offense goes I anticipate seeing the TEs featured far more than we have seen in Arizona in a long time. And my guess is JJ Nelson will see the second most snaps at WR after Fitz because he brings a legitimate speed dimension that no other player on the roster offers.

Kirk may finish as the second best fantasy WR on the Cardinals, I just don't see that amounting to very much.

OK. That’s a different statement than saying the majority of shares of targets lost from Brown and Brown will go to DJ.

I agree Fitz and DJ will be the most valuable fantasy options on the Cards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, kutta said:

OK. That’s a different statement than saying the majority of shares of targets lost from Brown and Brown will go to DJ.

I agree Fitz and DJ will be the most valuable fantasy options on the Cards.

How is that different?

I absolutely believe that the lion's share of what Brown & Brown leave on the table will absolutely be transferred to DJ in some form.

I never said that transfer would specifically represent targets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chaka said:

How is that different?

I absolutely believe that the lion's share of what Brown & Brown leave on the table will absolutely be transferred to DJ in some form.

I never said that transfer would specifically represent targets. 

Yes you did.

You bolded and quoted the statement:

looking to reassign 124 vacated targets

And said:

The majority of which will go to returning star RB David Johnson as a a combination of increased # of rushing attempts and targets out of the backfield.

 

And it’s much different. I agree that Fitz and DJ will score the most fantasy points. But I could also see Kirk with 50-60 receptions this year which is more than the Browns had combined last year. So it’s different.

Maybe I’m misunderstanding, but whatever. It’s not all that important.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kutta said:

Yes you did.

You bolded and quoted the statement:

looking to reassign 124 vacated targets

And said:

The majority of which will go to returning star RB David Johnson as a a combination of increased # of rushing attempts and targets out of the backfield.

 

And it’s much different. I agree that Fitz and DJ will score the most fantasy points. But I could also see Kirk with 50-60 receptions this year which is more than the Browns had combined last year. So it’s different.

Maybe I’m misunderstanding, but whatever. It’s not all that important.

 

@kutta I don't like to get into he said; he said type of debates but what was unclear about the bolded?

How did that suggest I was saying 124 targets from 2017 would get distributed as 124 targets this season?

I literally stated that some would be rushing attempts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point @kutta what are we even debating? It's an entirely new offense, what happened in 2017 is almost entirely irrelevant.

Let me shift this back to the thread topic; what do you see Kirk's role to be this year and what production do you expect in 2018?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, domvin said:

 Bradford is a statue also, more drives being cut short due to lack of elusiveness.  

Yeah without Carson Palmers nimbleness they won't do as well.

Wait...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With a new QB who does NOT have an established rapport with Fitz, does a Cooper Kupp type rookie campaign seem possible for Kirk? Of course, that assumes they get competent QB play.  I will be interested to see how this plays out.  Good discussion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Chaka said:

How is that different?

I absolutely believe that the lion's share of what Brown & Brown leave on the table will absolutely be transferred to DJ in some form.

I never said that transfer would specifically represent targets. 

The Browns were primarily deep threats. John Brown wasn't healthy very much. Not seeing how those looks would be going to David Johnson.

Although DJ was injured after only one game Cardinals RB combined for 130 targets last season. In 2016 DJ had 120 targets. 

If targets are coming from other players and going Johnson's way I think it is more likely that the TE are not used as much as receivers than WR. TE combined for 99 targets last year which is kind of high for an Arians offense. I think those looks are more closely related to RB targets, which were still fairly high anyways. WR had 362 targets last year.

Steve Wilks is a defensive coach, so I could see some emphasis on slowing the game down I suppose? Maybe this leads to a higher run to pass ratio? I dunno.

Mike McCoy is the offensive coordinator. Here is the run/pass ratio for his offenses the last 3 seasons:

2017 Denver 1075 total plays 566 pa 457 ra

2016 Chargers 1014 total plays 580 pa 398 ra

2015 Chargers 1100 total plays 667 pa 393 ra

3 year average 1063 total plays 604 pa 416 ra

Those teams are not the Cardinals though. 3 year average for the Cardinals was 1062 total plays 602 pa 420 ra.

If I average the 3 year average of both McCoy and the Cardinals offense this is 1062 total plays 603 pass attempts 418 rushing attempts.

Larry Fitzgerald has averaged 152 targets over the last 3 seasons. Seems a safe bet to expect that continues.

Lets say David Johnson gets 120 targets again and other RB get 30 targets also. So 150 targets there.

This leaves 300 targets to be distributed between TE and WRs.

McCoy maybe likes to use TE more than Arians does. So lets say their TE combine for 100 targets (about the same as last year) this leaves 200 targets left for the WR.

Chad Williams, JJ Nelson, Brice Butler Colbi Hamilton are other WR who could get targets besides Christian Kirk. 

Chad Williams only had 7 targets last season over the 6 games he played, but I could see that going up I suppose. Nelson is the WR who has been used the most out of these WR. He has averaged 67.5 targets the last two seasons. I can see giving him that much again.

There are 100 targets available to Christian Kirk I think unless he does not crack the starting line up. Nelson and Williams seem like the best competition for opportunities on the Cardinals roster, but maybe Butler is in the mix as well. I have to wonder why the Cowboys did not keep Butler when they needed WR. Maybe he isn't so good.

I dunno Kirk is a rookie so maybe he doesn't do that much in this offense. Training camp and preseason should tell us more about the pecking order of the receivers. Or maybe kutta or someone could shed some more light on that than I can.

For now I can see Kirks role in the offense being anywhere from 20 to 120 targets depending on how the rest of the distribution to the other receivers and TE is.

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Hoh said:

With a new QB who does NOT have an established rapport with Fitz, does a Cooper Kupp type rookie campaign seem possible for Kirk? Of course, that assumes they get competent QB play.  I will be interested to see how this plays out.  Good discussion.

I consider Fitzgeralds opportunites to be a lock. He makes QBs better. His targets have been high with a myriad of other QBs as the Cardinals have had a lot of injuries at that position. The one constant is Fitzgerald.

Kupp had 94 targets 19.7% of the 477 passing attempts by the Rams last season. I doubt Kirk will command that large of a market share, but the Cardinals seem likely to pass the ball more than the Rams did last season, so I do think 94 targets is possible. This would be near the ceiling for him in my view though. It could be lower than that. Depends on what the other WR on the Cardinals are asked to do and how much they use TE in the passing game. If this were Arians I would expect those TE targets to go down, but it isn't.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Chaka said:

@kutta I don't like to get into he said; he said type of debates but what was unclear about the bolded?

How did that suggest I was saying 124 targets from 2017 would get distributed as 124 targets this season?

I literally stated that some would be rushing attempts.

Like I said, I’m probably just not understanding. Brown and Brown had 52 receptions. If the majority of those touches go to DJ in either rushes or receptions, that leaves about 20 or so receptions for Kirk. I think he’ll have a lot more than that.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Chaka said:

At this point @kutta what are we even debating? It's an entirely new offense, what happened in 2017 is almost entirely irrelevant.

Let me shift this back to the thread topic; what do you see Kirk's role to be this year and what production do you expect in 2018?

I think Kirk will be the WR 2 on this team. He’ll start on the outside, with Williams and Nelson swapping in the 3/4 role. Kirk will see some slot action, but that will mostly be Fitz.

i think Kirk gets 50-60 catches this year and is easily second in the WR pecking order. Fitz will drop a bit to 90 or so,

I think Rosen and Kirk will build a good rapport and Kirk will take over in 2019 as the primary target.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Biabreakable said:

The Browns were primarily deep threats. John Brown wasn't healthy very much. Not seeing how those looks would be going to David Johnson.

Although DJ was injured after only one game Cardinals RB combined for 130 targets last season. In 2016 DJ had 120 targets. 

If targets are coming from other players and going Johnson's way I think it is more likely that the TE are not used as much as receivers than WR. TE combined for 99 targets last year which is kind of high for an Arians offense. I think those looks are more closely related to RB targets, which were still fairly high anyways. WR had 362 targets last year.

Steve Wilks is a defensive coach, so I could see some emphasis on slowing the game down I suppose? Maybe this leads to a higher run to pass ratio? I dunno.

Mike McCoy is the offensive coordinator. Here is the run/pass ratio for his offenses the last 3 seasons:

2017 Denver 1075 total plays 566 pa 457 ra

2016 Chargers 1014 total plays 580 pa 398 ra

2015 Chargers 1100 total plays 667 pa 393 ra

3 year average 1063 total plays 604 pa 416 ra

Those teams are not the Cardinals though. 3 year average for the Cardinals was 1062 total plays 602 pa 420 ra.

If I average the 3 year average of both McCoy and the Cardinals offense this is 1062 total plays 603 pass attempts 418 rushing attempts.

Larry Fitzgerald has averaged 152 targets over the last 3 seasons. Seems a safe bet to expect that continues.

Lets say David Johnson gets 120 targets again and other RB get 30 targets also. So 150 targets there.

This leaves 300 targets to be distributed between TE and WRs.

McCoy maybe likes to use TE more than Arians does. So lets say their TE combine for 100 targets (about the same as last year) this leaves 200 targets left for the WR.

Chad Williams, JJ Nelson, Brice Butler Colbi Hamilton are other WR who could get targets besides Christian Kirk. 

Chad Williams only had 7 targets last season over the 6 games he played, but I could see that going up I suppose. Nelson is the WR who has been used the most out of these WR. He has averaged 67.5 targets the last two seasons. I can see giving him that much again.

There are 100 targets available to Christian Kirk I think unless he does not crack the starting line up. Nelson and Williams seem like the best competition for opportunities on the Cardinals roster, but maybe Butler is in the mix as well. I have to wonder why the Cowboys did not keep Butler when they needed WR. Maybe he isn't so good.

I dunno Kirk is a rookie so maybe he doesn't do that much in this offense. Training camp and preseason should tell us more about the pecking order of the receivers. Or maybe kutta or someone could shed some more light on that than I can.

For now I can see Kirks role in the offense being anywhere from 20 to 120 targets depending on how the rest of the distribution to the other receivers and TE is.

 

 

Good summary. I think Fitz’s targets are going to drop a bit this year. There’s a good chance this is his last year, and there’s a new coaching staff and new qb’s. My guess is that the offense isn’t built as much around Fitz as it has been in the past. Of course DJ will be the centerpiece, but as far as WR’s go, I think they are going to try to get the younger guys involved and learning the offense early. They know the future is Rosen, DJ, and Kirk, and maybe Williams. 

Fitz will still have a very good year, but this isn’t going to be last year where it was Fitz with over 100 catches and the next closest guy had 31.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kutta said:

Good summary. I think Fitz’s targets are going to drop a bit this year. There’s a good chance this is his last year, and there’s a new coaching staff and new qb’s. My guess is that the offense isn’t built as much around Fitz as it has been in the past. Of course DJ will be the centerpiece, but as far as WR’s go, I think they are going to try to get the younger guys involved and learning the offense early. They know the future is Rosen, DJ, and Kirk, and maybe Williams. 

Fitz will still have a very good year, but this isn’t going to be last year where it was Fitz with over 100 catches and the next closest guy had 31.

Historically 35 hasn't been kind to WR.

I don't see FItzgerald as like other WR. But perhaps you are right and they scale his use back some. I was going with 152 targets which is his 3 year average, and really more like a career average for him, but sure I could see that dropping to 130 or 140 if other players are ready to step up in bigger roles.

You make a good point about the intent to build chemistry between Rosen and Kirk. If Kirk starts then Rosen will be practicing with the 2nd team until Bradford is injured.

I agree that a receiver besides Fitz should be able to do more this season than last year, which was a bit of a mess. Kirk seems the most likely to be 2nd to Fitzgerald this year or 3rd when you consider DJ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Chaka said:

And the majority share lost from Brown and Brown will still go to DJ.

Well 129 targets went to Arizona RBs last season (including 8 to Johnson) so that's a great place to start to project where his targets will come from. So I'm not sure he'll necessarily siphon off all the Brown and Brow targets.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Second round WR Christian Kirk could open the season as the Cardinals' No. 2 wideout.

Kirk only has to beat out Chad Williams, J.J. Nelson, and Brice Butler. There were concerns over Kirk moving outside after playing mostly the slot at Texas A&M, but he was repping with the first-team offense at minicamp. Kirk has the playmaking upside for a rookie-year impact.

Source: azcardinals.com 

Jun 15 - 6:30 PM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even though I think Kirk will be the #2 this year, the article quoted in the roto link above says nothing like what they said. It basically said the position has never been so wide open.

https://www.azcardinals.com/news/top-takeaways-from-the-2018-cardinals-offseason-rosen-bradford

THAT NO. 2 RECEIVER ROLE IS WIDE OPEN: There are plenty of options, whether it be returning vets like Chad Williams or J.J. Nelson, new vets like Brice Butler or Greg Little, or rookie Christian Kirk. Kirk was solid in his first NFL work, and there is little doubt he will have an impactful role this season. Whether he is No. 2, well, it’s impossible to know right now. This is the first time in a number of years the spot behind Larry Fitzgerald has been this muddled – perhaps dating all the way back to before Fitz showed up and Anquan Boldin was a rookie.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 8:07 PM, Biabreakable said:

The Browns were primarily deep threats. John Brown wasn't healthy very much. Not seeing how those looks would be going to David Johnson.

Although DJ was injured after only one game Cardinals RB combined for 130 targets last season. In 2016 DJ had 120 targets. 

If targets are coming from other players and going Johnson's way I think it is more likely that the TE are not used as much as receivers than WR. TE combined for 99 targets last year which is kind of high for an Arians offense. I think those looks are more closely related to RB targets, which were still fairly high anyways. WR had 362 targets last year.

Steve Wilks is a defensive coach, so I could see some emphasis on slowing the game down I suppose? Maybe this leads to a higher run to pass ratio? I dunno.

Mike McCoy is the offensive coordinator. Here is the run/pass ratio for his offenses the last 3 seasons:

2017 Denver 1075 total plays 566 pa 457 ra

2016 Chargers 1014 total plays 580 pa 398 ra

2015 Chargers 1100 total plays 667 pa 393 ra

3 year average 1063 total plays 604 pa 416 ra

Those teams are not the Cardinals though. 3 year average for the Cardinals was 1062 total plays 602 pa 420 ra.

If I average the 3 year average of both McCoy and the Cardinals offense this is 1062 total plays 603 pass attempts 418 rushing attempts.

Larry Fitzgerald has averaged 152 targets over the last 3 seasons. Seems a safe bet to expect that continues.

Lets say David Johnson gets 120 targets again and other RB get 30 targets also. So 150 targets there.

This leaves 300 targets to be distributed between TE and WRs.

McCoy maybe likes to use TE more than Arians does. So lets say their TE combine for 100 targets (about the same as last year) this leaves 200 targets left for the WR.

Chad Williams, JJ Nelson, Brice Butler Colbi Hamilton are other WR who could get targets besides Christian Kirk. 

Chad Williams only had 7 targets last season over the 6 games he played, but I could see that going up I suppose. Nelson is the WR who has been used the most out of these WR. He has averaged 67.5 targets the last two seasons. I can see giving him that much again.

There are 100 targets available to Christian Kirk I think unless he does not crack the starting line up. Nelson and Williams seem like the best competition for opportunities on the Cardinals roster, but maybe Butler is in the mix as well. I have to wonder why the Cowboys did not keep Butler when they needed WR. Maybe he isn't so good.

I dunno Kirk is a rookie so maybe he doesn't do that much in this offense. Training camp and preseason should tell us more about the pecking order of the receivers. Or maybe kutta or someone could shed some more light on that than I can.

For now I can see Kirks role in the offense being anywhere from 20 to 120 targets depending on how the rest of the distribution to the other receivers and TE is.

 

 

Bia, nice break down. 

Kirk was running with the first team in OTAs and is the apparent frontrunner for WR2.  For now I would say his floor for targets is much higher than 20, would you agree?  Also, Cardinals were plagued by QB injuries the last three years so those numbers may be misleading.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TripItUp said:

Bia, nice break down. 

Kirk was running with the first team in OTAs and is the apparent frontrunner for WR2.  For now I would say his floor for targets is much higher than 20, would you agree?  Also, Cardinals were plagued by QB injuries the last three years so those numbers may be misleading.

If Kirk is the 2nd WR for the Cardinals I would likely project him for about 80 targets, 60 a floor and 100 the ceiling.

I figure JJ Nelson gets about 70 targets. It is possible that Nelson is favored by Bradford/Coaches and he gets more than this.

Then I am not sure about the other WR. If more WR are involved in the offense then opportunities for Kirk may be lower as they are being spread out to multiple players. I have been trying to learn a bit about them.

I think things are not decided in ota's but everything has been positive for Kirk for what has happened so far. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Christian Kirk - WR -  Cardinals

Mike Jurecki of azcardinals.com considers Chad Williams, Brice Butler and J.J. Nelson to be next in line behind Larry Fitzgerald on the Cardinals' receiving depth chart.

Absent from this list is second-round pick Christian Kirk, who Jurecki mentioned as a candidate to return punts. It would be a shame to see Kirk limited to special teams as a rookie—he was one of the more productive slot receivers in college football during his tenure at Texas A&M. Of course, there's still plenty of time for the 21-year-old to move up the Cardinals' depth chart. At this point, it's anyone's guess what the pecking order will be behind Fitzgerald.

Source: azcardinals.com 

Jul 19 - 9:48 AM

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As Bia broke down McCoy skews towards the pass (55-60%). Considering the average pace of play in SD/DEN during McCoy's tenure in conjunction with the fact that ARI is projected by Vegas to have the toughest schedule and they should often be playing from behind. I'm projecting 600-625 pass attempts this year by their QBs which is obviously voluminous. Even assuming Fitz commands a 25-30% market share and DJ commands ~20% there's still opportunity for one or even two other players to be fantasy relevant in this offense this year. Reading the tea leaves I'm currently assuming that Butler will be lining up in the X, Fitz the slot and Kirk in the Z - obviously this won't be static. I believe someone, whether it be Butler, Kirk or Seal-Jones will outperform their ADP - maybe not substantially but this is something I'm keeping my eye on. I also consider Kirk one of the few rookie WRs who is both polished enough to make an immediate impact and has found himself in a decent spot. I'm not really fond of many rookie WRs this year or rookies WRs in general but Kirk is someone I may take a flyer on in deeper leagues, I just want to see how preseason shakes out first. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Christian Kirk Can't Separate From The Pack

8/6:The Arizona Cardinals have been splitting first-team wide receiver repetitions between Brice Butler, Chad Williams, Christian Kirk, J.J. Nelson and Greg Little. With nobody leading the pack enough to justify penciling their name in on the depth chart opposite Larry Fitzgerald, it will be down to the first few games of the preseason to see who will earn the starting spot

 

https://www.rotoballer.com/player-news/battle-for-cardinals-2-wide-receiver-continues/530233

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Cardinals coach Steve Wilks has been impressed with Christian Kirk's training camp.

"The one thing I love about him is his motor," Wilks said. "Full speed every play. You try to create that mindset, that muscle memory, and he has that." The Cardinals listed Kirk behind Chad Williams, Brice Butler, and J.J. Nelson on their unofficial depth chart, but his talent should win out opposite Larry Fitzgerald. We like Kirk's potential for a Year One impact in an offense with targets up for grabs. Aug 8 - 7:19 PM

Source: azcardinals.com

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/13095/christian-kirk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Christian Kirk caught 4-of-6 passes for 49 yards and a touchdown in the Cardinals' second preseason game.

Kirk scored on an end-zone catch-in-traffic from Josh Rosen on the Cardinals' third series. He showed good rapport with Rosen, also adding a 21-yard catch later in the game. It's a needed breakout after Kirk's quiet preseason debut. With Brice Butler sidelined, Kirk is trending toward opening the year in three-wide sets.

Aug 17 - 10:38 PM

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Cards played Kirk quite a bit tonight. I thought he looked the part. I’m not sure how many opps he will get in this offense in terms of FF but he looks like he will be someone to watch maybe as a WR2/3 for ARI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Cardinals coach Steve Wilks said Christian Kirk has "created some separation" for the No. 2 receiver job.

Chad Williams also drew praise after struggling with training camp drops. Brice Butler's injury was an opportunity for Kirk to do some depth-chart climbing, and he responded by leading the Cardinals in receiving against the Saints. Kirk played with the first-team offense, but scored his touchdown on a highlight from Josh Rosen. The Cardinals are making Kirk compete with middling wideouts behind Larry Fitzgerald, but his starting chances are trending up going into the third preseason game.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/378274/Christian-Kirk-pushing-for-No.-2-receiver-job

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He looked really good this week. I still think he’ll open the year as the #2. He could have a good future with Rosen as those guys are buds and seem to be clicking very well.

I’m also not sure why Kirk isn’t generating much rookie WR buzz. He’s got a pretty clear path to solid playing time and he’s performing well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Cardinals coach Steve Wilks said Christian Kirk has played himself into the mix for the No. 2 receiver job.

Kirk led Arizona in receiving in last week's preseason game. He's made plays throughout training camp but has started to create some seperation opposite Larry Fitzgerald with Brice Butler sidelined. There's potential for a high-volume role for Kirk in an improved Cardinals offense. It won't be surprising if he finishes behind only Fitzgerald in 2018 targets.

Source: Josh Weinfuss on Twitter 

Aug 22 - 7:30 PM

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brice Butler and Geg Little both cut. Looks like the Cards are happy with the young guys.

It’s going to be Fitz, Kirk, and Williams in three WR sets, IMO. I still think Kirk gets the majority of the second WR snaps, but we’ll have to see how it plays out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/22/2018 at 11:43 PM, Faust said:

 It won't be surprising if he finishes behind only Fitzgerald in 2018 targets.

I think Josh may have forgotten about David Johnson.

It would surprise me if Kirk gets more targets than Johnson does.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, cjv123 said:

Is it confirmed Kirk will start? I like him so much and am tempted to pick him up. He looks electric.

No and I'm expecting Williams to start in two receiver sets. This has more to do with most of Kirk's snaps coming out of the slot, behind Fitz during the preseason. It's pure speculation on my part. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.