What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Christian Kirk, JAX (1 Viewer)

What are we thinking about this guy both this year and long term with Arizona and Murray? He had an alright game yesterday stat wise but I wasn’t able to watch that game to see how he was used or if he was open much and just wasn’t thrown the ball. Fitz had a nice game will he continue to be the go to there or was his nice game more a result of circumstance and coverage?

What are we thinking about this guy both this year and long term with Arizona and Murray? He had an alright game yesterday stat wise but I wasn’t able to watch that game to see how he was used or if he was open much and just wasn’t thrown the ball. Fitz had a nice game will he continue to be the go to there or was his nice game more a result of circumstance and coverage?
I had this same question in the game thread cause I couldn't watch........accumulated ton of targets but was the meager production linked to the general ineptitude of the first three quarters or chemistry with Kyler or drops or defensive coverage?

I watched the game and I'd say his meager stat line had more to do with the ineptitude of the first three quarters. Keep in mind he had 12 targets and Murray did not shy away from targeting him in key situations at the end of the game, including a critical 2 point conversion which he scored. Murray and the passing offense both were out of sync until very late in the game as well. One thing I did notice is Murray seemed to trust Fitzgerald more when targeting him deep as opposed to Kirk, likely because of Fitzgerald's experience, hands, height and jumping ability. That does not seem to be Kirk's game. Another thing to note was that Kirk was so close to catching a 20 yard TD but the defender was draped all over him with excellent coverage and was able to disrupt the route just enough. Overall, I think that better games are ahead. 

Christian Kirk caught 6-of-8 targets for 114-scoreless yards in the Cardinals' Week 2 loss to the Ravens.

Kirk showed heightened chemistry with Kyler Murray in Week 2, reeling in a 34-yard dime down the field at one point before later catching a well-timed back-shoulder fade. He just missed a touchdown after being tackled at the one-yard line. Kirk's ability to consistently make defenders miss after the catch was also on display for most of the afternoon. He's looking like a WR2 candidate more weeks than not in the Cardinals' pass-first and up-tempo offense.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread has been relatively dead. Surely can’t be long before Kirk finds some paydirt, he’s been targeted plenty across the first three weeks. He might be one who gets better as the season goes on and him Murray develop a better understanding. Has been sitting on my bench thus far but debating him over DJ Moore, if McClaurin is looking like a no go this week  

This thread has been relatively dead. Surely can’t be long before Kirk finds some paydirt, he’s been targeted plenty across the first three weeks. He might be one who gets better as the season goes on and him Murray develop a better understanding. Has been sitting on my bench thus far but debating him over DJ Moore, if McClaurin is looking like a no go this week  
I agree. He’s had lots of chances and a few just-misses for TD’s.

I got him going in three leagues this week - it’s the TD week.

I got him locked and loaded in my big lonely dyno.  He and john Ross are both starting to pan out for me behind Hopkins and davante Adams.  Playing the matchups bw Kirk and Ross.  Sometimes playing them both.  Love this kid. And love how the Arizona offense is shaping up.  I think Murray will improve as the season goes on and so will the connection with Kirk.  Definitely still a buy low for owners who just look at box scores.  

Definitely hope he breaks out soon. He looks good, the offense has been so-so. Murray hasn't looked great and is a bit skittish sometimes. Just hope the offense can play with more efficiency.

Christian Kirk caught 4-of-5 passes for 37 yards in Arizona's Week 4 loss to the Seahawks.

His five targets were disappointing if only because the Cardinals trailed by two scores early in the third quarter. Kyler Murray was forced to pass underneath often for the second consecutive week given Seattle's over-the-top defensive approach, but David Johnson (8/99) was the primary beneficiary as opposed to Kirk. More pressing is the fact the second-year wideout limped off the field in the final 30 seconds of regulation. Coach Kliff Kingsbury will have an update on Monday.

Sep 29, 2019, 9:44 PM ET

I've been trying to get him for a minute.  Maybe the injury give people enough frustration or whatever to consider letting him go

Dr. Jesse Morse @DrJesseMorse

After reviewing the #Cardinals Christian Kirk’s video again it looks like a high ankle sprain but unable to rule out possible MCL sprain. Expect X-rays & MRI tmr. If high-ankle sprain confirmed, that’s usually 4-6 weeks (I.e Tevin Coleman, Saquon). @AZCardinals @TheFantasyDRS

he's a target stud but the offense isn't working in the NFL so far. they'll keep getting blown out and keep force-feeding the ball to Kirk.

weeks 13 and 14 they play Steelers and Rams. You'll want to keep him 

Coach Kliff Kingsbury said that Christian Kirk suffered an ankle injury in Week 4.

Kingsbury declined to give any further details and said there would be more information Wednesday. Kirk hasn't found the end zone yet this season, but he's still been one of the league's most-targeted WRs through four weeks. Overall, only Keenan Allen (48 targets), Cooper Kupp (46), Michael Thomas (42), Sammy Watkins (38) and Robert Woods (38) have more targets this season than Kirk (37). The Cardinals are set up well in a prime bounce-back spot against the Bengals in Week 5.

SOURCE: Darren Urban on Twitter.

Sep 30, 2019, 3:55 PM ET

Crap situation in re-draft. He was my ace in the hole stashed on the bench in the hopes he would step up as the season progressed 

Christian Kirk (ankle) was a limited participant in practice Wednesday.

Both Damiere Byrd (hamstring) and Kirk got in limited work on Wednesday, a good sign for their pending availabilities against the Falcons. If both continue trending positively, Andy Isabella will likely be the odd man out in a fantasy friendly matchup currently slated with Week 6's second-highest total (51.5). Kirk's participation in Friday's practice will tell all.

SOURCE: Bob McManaman on Twitter

Oct 9, 2019, 2:45 PM ET

Christian Kirk (ankle) practiced again Thursday.

He seems to be trending in the right direction for Week 6 after missing the previous game with a sprained ankle. Kirk's early 2019 results have been more miss than hit, though he's set up well against the Falcons, who allowed a monster game to Will Fuller (14-217-3) in Week 5. With four teams on bye this week, Kirk would be an appealing WR3 if he suits up.

SOURCE: Darren Urban on Twitter

Oct 10, 2019, 2:34 PM ET

Christian Kirk (ankle) is a game-time decision for the Cardinals' Week 6 matchup against the Falcons.

Backup WRs Pharoh Cooper (18 snaps in Week 5) and Andy Isabella (10) aren't viable fantasy options after playing part-time roles against the Bengals if Kirk is ultimately sidelined. That leaves us with Trent Sherfield, KeeSean Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald to attack the Falcons' 30th-ranked defense in fewest PPR per game allowed to the WR position. The secondary has been particularly atrocious against slot WRs, as only the Steelers have allowed more PPR per game to inside receivers than the Falcons.

SOURCE: Bob McManaman on Twitter.

Oct 11, 2019, 4:05 PM ET

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Christian Kirk (ankle) is not expected to play in Week 6 against the Falcons.

Without Kirk available in the slot, Pharoh Cooper will likely stick as an interior receiver across from Larry Fitzgerald for the second straight week. Even so, David Johnson (back, probable) will continue to be utilized heavily underneath now that the runner's shockingly expected to play. Damiere Byrd (hamstring, questionable) remains a game-time call. Fitz is the only true wideout that can be trusted among their four/five active options at that position Sunday.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Oct 13, 2019, 1:38 AM ET

Coach Kliff Kingsbury said Christian Kirk (ankle) remains in the rehab phase.

Kingsbury also said Kirk has to be 100% in order to return to the lineup, suggesting his outlook is bleak for Week 7 against the Giants. If Kirk sits, Larry Fitzgerald and David Johnson should continue to dominate targets and touches for the Cardinals.

Oct 16, 2019, 1:20 PM ET

Christian Kirk (ankle) is a game-time decision for Week 7 against the Giants.

Kirk is "cutting more often" but he is still "not all the way there." The slot receiver reportedly needs to be at 100% to suit up, so he's very questionable at the moment. The word should get out on his status before lineups lock on Sunday, but fantasy owners need to have a backup option on hand. Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury also called David Johnson a game-time decision. Larry Fitzgerald is in a prime spot as a WR2.

Oct 18, 2019, 3:51 PM ET

Christian Kirk (questionable, ankle) is not expected to play Week 7 against the Giants.

It will be his third straight absence. Kirk has practiced the past two weeks and should have a decent chance to return when the Cardinals visit New Orleans in Week 8. With Kirk out of commission, Arizona will continue to roll out Larry Fitzgerald, KeeSean Johnson and Trent Sherfield in three-wide sets.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Oct 20, 2019, 8:06 AM ET

Christian Kirk (ankle) was limited in practice Wednesday.

The Cardinals tested out Kirk's ankle at practice and will see how it reacts. Thursday and Friday's practice reports will go a long way into knowing if Kirk will play in New Orleans this week, but coach Kliff Kingsbury did say, "I'd love to have him back. I'm not sure if he will be." Kirk's status is still very much in the air.

SOURCE: AZCardinals.com

Oct 23, 2019, 6:19 PM ET

Christian Kirk (ankle) remained "limited" on Thursday.

Kirk has been getting in limited practices for weeks now without playing. It's unclear what the Cardinals are waiting for. Kirk must not be able to cut with 100 percent effectiveness. The Cardinals' receiver corps has looked exceptionally thin without its sophomore wideout. If Kirk gets the go ahead for Week 8, he will be facing a Saints secondary that's currently a little thin in the slot.

Oct 24, 2019, 5:20 PM ET

What’s the dynasty outlook for this guy now?  The offense seems to be improving, no one has really stepped up to challenge his position.  He in the DJ Moore level of value?

Rotoworld:

Christian Kirk (questionable, ankle) is expected to play in Week 8 against the Saints.

He's back after missing the past three games with a sprained ankle. Kirk will immediately slot into three-wide sets alongside Larry Fitzgerald and KeeSean Johnson. It's not an ideal matchup, though Arizona will surely have to air it out to keep up with the Saints, who enter Sunday as 12-point home favorites.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Oct 27, 2019, 10:41 AM ET

Never seen this kid play, does he have potential to grow as a WR 1 with his QB or is he just holding the spot for a better WR to be brought in?

Never seen this kid play, does he have potential to grow as a WR 1 with his QB or is he just holding the spot for a better WR to be brought in?
He has the potential to be a fantasy WR2 bordering on WR1. However, I think it depends on how Murray progresses over time. 

Last year he had good chemistry with Josh Rosen.  I believe they were former teammates.  I was nervous he was going to fall off after Rosen left but it seems like he will be ok.

Christian Kirk caught 2-of-5 targets for eight yards in the Cardinals' Week 9 loss to the 49ers, adding an eight-yard rush.

So much for Kirk's pseudo Week 8 breakout. The Cardinals' passing attack simply had nothing cooking down the field, and Kirk couldn't compensate with checkdowns. He's now been held below 40 yards in 3-of-6 appearances. Fantasy players will have to shake it off and go back to the WR3 well for a mouthwatering Week 10 matchup with the Bucs.

Nov 1, 2019, 12:28 AM ET

I'm thinking of trying to buy low in some dynasty leagues...  Still not super confident that he is going to be a stud, but the opportunity seems wide open and the talent seems to be there.

Wow. I actually started him for the first time this season. For once, logic and sound reasoning seems to have paid off

Users who are viewing this thread