What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Christian Kirk, JAX (2 Viewers)

I’ve been starting him all year in Dynasty.. the targets are there when he’s healthy.. he was due for a break out.. wasn’t expecting that big of a breakout.. good sign for the remainder of the year 

I got offered Kirk in a trade, what do people think his value is moving forward? For reference, he offered him straight up for my Golden Tate.

Loved the big game, hate the upcoming schedule. SF into BYE is not a good stretch. 

I got offered Kirk in a trade, what do people think his value is moving forward? For reference, he offered him straight up for my Golden Tate.

Loved the big game, hate the upcoming schedule. SF into BYE is not a good stretch. 
Dynasty or redraft?   As a dynasty owner of both like like Tate more as a win now player but Kirk as a longer term play.  So if it’s dynasty and you have decent bench depth I could see you making the trade but if you’re more win now (or redraft) is stuck with Tate. 

Dynasty or redraft?   As a dynasty owner of both like like Tate more as a win now player but Kirk as a longer term play.  So if it’s dynasty and you have decent bench depth I could see you making the trade but if you’re more win now (or redraft) is stuck with Tate. 
I'm in redraft; I think I agree with you here, I feel Kirk will be the better WR, but Tate has a better chance of putting up fantasy points in the short term. That said, its hard to deny Kirk has the talent and the volume, so I'll probably continue to mull this over. I have JuJu and Ridley riding the pine for now, so Tate's bye will hurt a bit, but it happens.

I'm in redraft; I think I agree with you here, I feel Kirk will be the better WR, but Tate has a better chance of putting up fantasy points in the short term. That said, its hard to deny Kirk has the talent and the volume, so I'll probably continue to mull this over. I have JuJu and Ridley riding the pine for now, so Tate's bye will hurt a bit, but it happens.
Sterling Shepard is practicing and may be back when Tate plays next.  Evan engram is recovering from a mid foot sprain but may be back too.  Tate looked great when he was the top target. So did Keenan Allen when Hunter Henry was out and Mike Williams was hurt. He was literally the number one receiver the first few weeks.  Things look different now. 

Arizona is improving, Fitzgerald is cooling off and Kirk is clearly the wr1 on a high volume passing attack where he's averaging 9 targets a game and is playing outside and not just from the slot. I like Kirk a lot rest of season. 

(FantasyPros) Christian Kirk erupted in Sunday's Week 10 loss to the Bucs, catching 6-of-10 targets for 138 yards and three touchdowns. Analysis: Incredibly, Kirk entered this one with zero touchdowns on the season. The 100+ yard performance was his first since Week 2 as Arizona's passing game was able to take advantage of this plus matchup. Things get tougher next week, however, as the Cardinals once again face the 49ers.

Christian Kirk caught 6-of-9 targets for 41 yards in the Cardinals' Week 11 loss to the 49ers.

Kirk drew a couple defensive pass interference calls on Richard Sherman, but it's a disappointing stat line for Kirk after he went berserk for 6-138-3 in Week 10 against the Bucs. Kirk still led the team in receiving in this one and will get the bye week to rest up ahead of a Week 13 date with the Packers where he'll be a WR3.

Nov 17, 2019, 8:13 PM ET

Christian Kirk caught 3-of-7 targets for 23 yards in the Cardinals' Week 13 loss to the Rams.

The offense was completely out of sync with Kyler Murray struggling and playing through a less than 100% hamstring. Kirk was goose egging well into the game with CB Jalen Ramsey all over him. The outside receiver should rebound next week against the Steelers but is prone to low-floor games in an up-and-down offense. Kirk is a WR3 with big play upside.

Dec 1, 2019, 8:06 PM ET

Does anyone trust this guy enough to play him in the playoffs, even in the flex?  I think I'm going with Zach Pascal instead.

Does anyone trust this guy enough to play him in the playoffs, even in the flex?  I think I'm going with Zach Pascal instead.
Funny you should mention this.  I just dumped Kirk to the wire for Pascal overnight.  I actually trust Kirk but I don't trust Murray given his hammy flaring up post-bye.

I would still say Kirk easily has the higher floor (as Pascal will vanish into the ether should Hilton play again) but I'll take a likely boom game from Pascal against the Bucs over another 3-or-4 catch game on 9 targets with no scores from Kirk... especially with no gimme matchups in his upcoming schedule.

If I was in a full PPR scoring format, I think I may have stuck with Kirk.  It's hard to say.  Having no TDs outside of that monster Bucs game has taken some of the shine off the Kirk rose.

My league is nonPPR so the lots of catches thing doesn't matter much to me.  I still am really high on him going forward - like next year lol.  His remaining schedule is difficult and the Cards are kinda falling apart right now.  I kept him as a backup, but tempted to drop for Westbrook or A.J. Brown on the bench.

I mean, it depends on your roster and league requirements.

Injuries, 3WR leagues... Kirk is a lot better option than many out there.  

He has proven to have Tremendous Upside (pours a 40... of whiskey and Jets tears).

Christian Kirk caught 8-of-9 targets for a team-high 85 yards in Arizona's Week 14 loss to the Steelers.

He was peppered directly in front of the line of scrimmage, leveraging 34 yards after the catch to lead the Cardinals in receiving. Kirk's now seen at least nine targets in three of his last four contests, but all three of his touchdowns notably occurred in a single game (Week 10 against the Buccaneers). He'll continue to be a high-floor WR3 option (and arguably Arizona's only playmaker through the air) against the Browns in Week 15. Whether or not he'll fall into the end zone is anyone's guess.

Dec 8, 2019, 9:15 PM ET

Christian Kirk (ankle) was a limited participant for Wednesday's practice.

Kirk was sidelined earlier this season with an ankle injury — perhaps it's why he's averaged 5.7/49.7 and a measly 5.96 yards per target in his last three games. Even so, he's expected to suit up as a high-floor option against Cleveland. Kirk's averaged 8.5 targets since returning from injury in Week 8.

SOURCE: Darren Urban on Twitter

Dec 11, 2019, 4:29 PM ET

Christian Kirk (ankle) remained limited at Thursday's practice.

Coming off an eight-catch, 85-yard performance in Week 14, Kirk should be healthy enough to suit up Sunday versus Cleveland. The 23-year-old's sophomore campaign has been more miss than hit—he's found the end zone in just one of his 10 appearances—though Kirk remains the only Cardinals receiver to carry even the slightest fantasy significance.

Dec 12, 2019, 4:29 PM ET

Rotoworld:

Christian Kirk (ankle) wasn't listed on the Cardinals' final injury report.

Kirk hasn't found the end zone aside from his 6-138-3 explosion back in Week 10. Still, his average of 8.8 targets per game ranks 13th among all WRs this season. Treat him as a volume-induced WR3 against a Browns Defense that ranks 19th and 23rd in DVOA against No. 1 and No. 2 WRs, respectively, this season.

Dec 13, 2019, 4:02 PM ET

Cardinals WR Christian Kirk (ankle) is a game-time decision for the team's Week 16 matchup against the Seahawks.

Kirk is set up well if active against the Seahawks' mediocre group of CBs outside of Shaquill Griffin (hamstring), who is banged up and shaping up as a game-time decision himself. Larry Fitzgerald would likely see all the targets he can handle if Kirk is ultimately ruled out. Damiere Byrd (34% snaps in Week 15) split reps with Andy Isabella (25%), Pharoh Cooper (20%) and Trent Sherfield (3%) in Week 15, as the Cardinals instead embraced two-TE formations with Kirk (89%), Fitzgerald (77%), Charles Clay (70%) and Maxx Williams (66%).

Dec 20, 2019, 3:47 PM ET

Published Sun Dec 22 4:46:00 p.m. MT 2019 

(thehuddle) Arizona Cardinals WR Christian Kirk went without a catch on five targets in Week 16 against the Seattle Seahawks while running twice for nine yards.

Analysis: Kirk lost Kyler Murray under center in the second half, but he was struggling all game for whatever reason. He will look to bounce back in Week 17 in the season finale against the Los Angeles Rams, but this was a tough pill to swallow for fantasy owners trusting Kirk in their championship games.

(RotoWire) Kirk admitted that the ankle injury he sustained Week 4 troubled him in the second half of the season, but the wideout said he won't require surgery during the offseason, Kyle Odegard of the Cardinals' official site reports. "It's not a fun deal, but I didn't want to miss any more games," Kirk said, who sat out three contests before returning to action Week 8. "If I can get out there and contribute and help the team, I'm going to do it. But to get to the offseason and get healthy and get [the ankle] 100 percent, I can't wait to get it right."

Analysis: Kirk said the ankle in question was "rolled up on" several times after he returned from the three-game absence, but he still finished with 68 receptions for 709 yards and three touchdowns, falling just short of beating out Larry Fitzgerald (75-804-4) for top honors in all categories among Arizona receivers. He'll likely take the next few weeks off to get the ankle right but otherwise shouldn't face any restrictions during his offseason training.
with fitz regressing, qb development, kirk being healthy and 3rd year breakout season, i see:

89 -1050 - 6

next year, a solid wr2.

trade talks have been rumored, with the hopkins signing.
I've read the rumors but that just doesn't make any sense. Fitz is probably gone after this year and they have nothing proven besides Hopkins then. Cards are talking about running out 4 WRs regularly.

Buy buy buy.

Was on pace for 133 targets and 84 Receptions through 13 games as a 2nd year player.  

Hopkins will take the bulk of the attention away.  Murray will take a big step forward this year.  I think Kirk is vastly underrated.  Fantasypros has him at 40 for standard, 38 for 1/2 ppr and 38 for ppr.  I think he's a very safe WR3 with WR2 upside.  

Will Kyler Murray live up to the hype (and his lofty fantasy draft cost) in 2020?

Excerpt:

Larry Fitzgerald and Christian Kirk are now behind DeAndre Hopkins on the Arizona WR depth chart. Kirk (123.6) and Fitzgerald (128.1) don’t have much separating their ADPs, but are you going for Kirk’s upside or Fitz’s safe floor in 2020?

Scott: I took a few boring WR6 shares of Fitzgerald in my best-ball warm-ups, but that’s the extent of it. In seasonal, where you have to call the shot ahead of time, I’m not excited for either of these chaps. I’m also hesitant to draft Hopkins in his adjustment year, especially given the unusual context of 2020.

Matt: I don’t see Christian Kirk or Larry Fitzgerald having much of a ceiling or safe floor, honestly. The two should cannibalize each others’ targets and Hopkins will command at least 130 looks as the engine of the passing attack. I’ll take a shot on Kirk in the double-digit rounds just in case he takes another leap as a player and Fitzgerald falls off a cliff. But I don’t see myself hunting for either with much gusto.

Andy: Kirk’s upside is limited a bit by the fact that Hopkins should see 140-plus targets, per his usual. It sorta feels as if the Kirk breakout won’t happen until Fitz finally calls it a career and waits for his Hall of Fame call. Still, I’d give a slight edge here to the third-year pro over the 37-year-old legend. It’s tough to imagine Fitzgerald outproducing his 2019 line (75-804-4); Kirk simply needs to stay healthy to produce a career-best season.

Double digit rounds I'd have no problem buying Kirk or Fitz. Kyler (IMO) is biggest beneficiary in fantasy having a legitimate outside (and #1) WR.

Really really excited for Year 2 of Kyler. 

Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury still believes third-year pro Christian Kirk is an "ascending player." 

"He was having a really big year and got banged up a little bit last year," Kingsbury said of Kirk's uneven 2019. Kirk dealt with season-long ankle issues. DeAndre Hopkins' arrival curbs Kirk's overall upside, but we would expect Kirk's floor to be more stable this season. The Cardinals should have less experimenting to do after last year's multiple identity crises. Currently being drafted as a WR4, Kirk offers major bargain potential. 

SOURCE: ESPN

Aug 24, 2020, 8:01 PM ET

Not seeing any chatter on Kirk, but I could see him having a nice year with Hopkins there to draw coverage away.  Tough match-up today and I am taking the "don't start him until I see something out of him" approach on the one team I have him, but I like the upside a lot.

Christian Kirk caught 1-of-5 targets for 0 receiving yards in Arizona's Week 1 win over the 49ers.

Kirk was mixed in at all levels of the field (including a few failed deep shots) but was ultimately overshadowed by DeAndre Hopkins' 16 targets and 40% target share from Kyler Murray. With Larry Fitzgerald (4/34) and Hopkins both sponging usage, it's truly a question mark whether Kirk's weekly floor is safe, or if this was simply a blip on the radar. He should be entrusted as a low-floor WR3 for at least one more week in Arizona's next matchup against Washington.

Sep 13, 2020, 9:38 PM ET

Not seeing any chatter on Kirk, but I could see him having a nice year with Hopkins there to draw coverage away.  Tough match-up today and I am taking the "don't start him until I see something out of him" approach on the one team I have him, but I like the upside a lot.
How do we feel here going forward? Better dart throw than others like Harry/Perriman/Reagor etc?

How do we feel here going forward? Better dart throw than others like Harry/Perriman/Reagor etc?
I dropped him for Paris Campbell - as long as Fitz is vertical and Hopkins is a target hog, I don't see much for Kirk. If Fitz shows his age at some point and/or gets hurt, Kirk becomes a priority add. 

So Fitz is the real #2 for now? Ouch. 
That’s sure what it looked like to me. I don’t know why that would be unexpected - they didn’t bring in Hopkins to be the WR2. 14 receptions on 16 targets was a pretty good indicator.

i expected Kirk to be the 2, but the Cards have different plans it seems.

this all may be an overreaction to week 1 &  maybe I’ll regret dropping Kirk in redraft. I’m betting not though. As long as Fitz is healthy. 

I dropped him for Paris Campbell - as long as Fitz is vertical and Hopkins is a target hog, I don't see much for Kirk. If Fitz shows his age at some point and/or gets hurt, Kirk becomes a priority add. 
😲  I would say it is a significant overreaction to drop Christian Kirk after one game, but I am also sold on Parris Campbell.  Christian Kirk is going to have some really good games this season.  This offense looks markedly improved.  Despite the addition of Hopkins, Christian Kirk's arrow is pointing up, not down.  Likewise, however, with Parris Campbell.  In fact, I would argue that if one of the two is going to emerge this season as a viable weekly fantasy starter, Campbell may be the more likely of the two.  I would not recommend dropping Christian Kirk, but if he is your best and only option to drop for Parris Campbell, I would not fault you.

😲  I would say it is a significant overreaction to drop Christian Kirk after one game, but I am also sold on Parris Campbell.  Christian Kirk is going to have some really good games this season.  This offense looks markedly improved.  Despite the addition of Hopkins, Christian Kirk's arrow is pointing up, not down.  Likewise, however, with Parris Campbell.  In fact, I would argue that if one of the two is going to emerge this season as a viable weekly fantasy starter, Campbell may be the more likely of the two.  I would not recommend dropping Christian Kirk, but if he is your best and only option to drop for Parris Campbell, I would not fault you.
He was my 6th WR & I didn’t want him anyway. My Internet was a little wonky on that pick and he autodrafted in the 15th (IDP, so more like 12-13th). 🤦🏼‍♂️ 

If it was dynasty that’s one thing, but redraft, he was not a big part of this game plan, and going back to last year didn’t seem to be a big part of the gameplan without Hopkins. 

i dunno - I feel like Campbell is an upgrade. I had to start Campbell this week with Parker iffy & Crowder out. I feel better about my chances with Campbell than Kirk this week. Not much choice. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely a tough call on Kirk. I was a major believer that he'd step smoothly into the #2 WR role this season (and with that offense set to hum, my expectations were that the #2 role might even match the WR1 in fantasy points with Hopkins drawing the tougher coverage).

Now I'm struggling with the notion of keeping Kirk (don't overreact) vs swapping him out for a guy like Brandon Aiyuk who could possibly take the reins as the top WR in SF...but who knows if that's worth more than the WR3 in AZ?

Guys like this, do you cut bait and take a shot on another rising star (before their star has risen) or do you have faith in your original gut feeling and stick it out.

I believe I'll be sticking it out for a couple more weeks. Intestinal fortitude! 😣

Christian Kirk Should Rebound, But Is A Risky Start

Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Christian Kirk had a dreadful Week 1, catching just one of his five targets and gaining zero yards in the game. DeAndre Hopkins carried the passing game with 151 receiving yards on 14 receptions. All that is the bad news for Kirk. However, the good news is that Kirk tied with Larry Fitzgeraldand Chase Edmonds for second on the team in targets in Week 1. Kirk has as good of a chance as any other Cardinals pass-catcher to be the second-most-targeted player in the offense behind Hopkins this year, provided he can be more efficient going forward. Keep him on your bench in Week 2, but try to avoid dropping him as he still has clear upside in a potent Cardinals offense going forward.--Andrew Ericksen - RotoBaller

Guys like this, do you cut bait and take a shot on another rising star (before their star has risen) or do you have faith in your original gut feeling and stick it out.

I believe I'll be sticking it out for a couple more weeks. Intestinal fortitude! 😣
If I had a roster spot for him, I'd hold. But since I didn't (slew of injuries to my IDP guys, and my #3-4 WRs both out/gimpy in Crowder/Parker) I had to cut bait. So it all depends on bench size & need. 

Users who are viewing this thread