What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Are short slate mass entry contests usually split pots? (1 Viewer)

Blagar3lsu

Footballguy
Don't really play short slates much...I was curious if folks could tell me if the mass entry GPP pots are usually usually chopped having a 4 game player pool (and more identical rosters as result)?

I don't know the percentages off hand but from my experience it can go either way. Depends if they are 20 max entries or 150 max. It changes everything. I've seen some split but also some single winners. Many factors to take into account but guessing I would say 65% of the time it splits. 

I would guess that it depends on the slate.  Sometimes you get caught with a couple game slate and few options for roster construction.  

I imagine the playoffs might be different because there are more studs and more options.  Or like this week, the qbs seem very close so ownership might be spread out more, and you get the one winner instead of sharing. 

I don't know the percentages off hand but from my experience it can go either way. Depends if they are 20 max entries or 150 max. It changes everything. I've seen some split but also some single winners. Many factors to take into account but guessing I would say 65% of the time it splits. 
Thanks for replying.  I'd assume you're saying the 150 max contests have more chopped pots, correct?

On small slates I stick to 3 or 5 man leagues and SE gpp. At least twice playing the Mon-thur 2 game slate I cashed for 1.80 or less in the $2 50/50.

Users who are viewing this thread