Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

Dynasty & Redraft: QB Josh Rosen, Bucs

Recommended Posts

Speaking on WEEI, ESPN's Adam Schefter said the Dolphins and Giants are the only teams who have talked to the Cardinals about trading for Josh Rosen in recent weeks.

"Period. End of story," Schefter said. The reporter did add the Chargers inquired about a month ago, but they are no longer interested. Of course, other teams could get back into the mix if Arizona lowers their asking price, which they might be forced to do as Thursday afternoon rolls along. Rosen's already diminished trade value will take a big hit if (when) the Cardinals select Kyler Murray with the No. 1 overall pick.

RELATED: 

Miami Dolphins

, New York Giants

SOURCE: Mut and Callahan on Twitter

Apr 25, 2019, 10:47 AM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ESPN's Josina Anderson reports Cardinals GM Steve Keim maintains "active ears" on the Josh Rosen trade front but has "underlined the fact that a deal does not have to take place (Thursday)."

The Cards have yet to find what they are looking for in return for last year's No. 10 overall pick, and Keim is apparently committed to not making a desperation. Perhaps he will seek a 2020 pick from teams who do not get a seat at the quarterback table on Thursday. In theory, the Cardinals could hold Rosen into training camp and deal him if/when a team has a need arise then. In practice, the likely awkward dynamic in the Arizona locker room might not be worth that price.

SOURCE: Josina Anderson on Twitter

Apr 25, 2019, 11:48 AM

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ESPN's Adam Schefter considers Josh Rosen more likely to be traded on Friday than Thursday.

Per Schefter, the teams to watch are the Chargers, Dolphins and Giants. ESPN's Josina Anderson reported earlier Thursday that GM Steve Keim will not force a deal on Thursday. A deal Friday would still allow for 2019 day-two picks to be dealt, while 2020 would also be on the table.

RELATED: 

Miami Dolphins

, New York Giants

, Los Angeles Chargers

SOURCE: Evan Silva on Twitter

Apr 25, 2019, 12:17 PM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like pretty limited market. Although as price drops, market will expand.

Miami has to be front runners as they appear interested. Pats second if they can get him cheap

Edited by Tool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Tool said:

Seems like pretty limited market. Although as price drops, market will expand.

Miami has to be front runners as they appear interested. Pats second if they can get him cheap

Teams would be smart to just wait...I'm thinking 3rd is the best they will get now. If I'm the Pats, Chargers, Saints, pretty much anywhere with a vet QB, I'd grab him at that price. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

Teams would be smart to just wait...I'm thinking 3rd is the best they will get now. If I'm the Pats, Chargers, Saints, pretty much anywhere with a vet QB, I'd grab him at that price. 

Think the waiting is over for most part. If a team is interested think it’s time to put in a reasonable offer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if my Bengals are seeing if Lock drops to 42 or who is else on their board and if not perhaps they pull the trigger on Rosen.  Adds some fun intrigue to round two.

-QG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Deamon said:

rosen to the pats a lock?

I think so.  The longer the wait the cheaper the price and that's where Belichick thrives.  He'll steal him for a 3rd and a swap of 5ths or something cheap like that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any team that lands Rosen for a 3rd or less has committed grant theft larceny. 

I think, if he was in this class, Rosen is easily the second best QB, well ahead of both Jones and Haskins.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, QuizGuy66 said:

I wonder if my Bengals are seeing if Lock drops to 42 or who is else on their board and if not perhaps they pull the trigger on Rosen.  Adds some fun intrigue to round two.

-QG

I think everyone is waiting till Lock is off the board. The Bengals need so much we have so many holes. I think and I hope we are in full rebuild mode. I just don't know enough about Rosen or Lock to say clearly either is better than Dalton. I think Lock has a stronger arm than Dalton for sure but is he better and will develop better than perhaps a QB in next year's draft? Rosen might fit better than Lock but what would the Bengals be willing to give considering all the holes. We need defense(Linebacker) and a tight end and perhaps another offensive lineman if it all falls right. 

My point is that the Bengals might be better served to kick the can down the road on replacing Dalton. I do think it's time for Dalton to go because he is good enough to tease you and not good enough to elevate a team into the playoffs and beyond. He is the worse QB to have good enough to give you hope but never get you to the promised land. Just not sure that QB is available to us either in Rosen or the draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I'd be all for the Vikings giving their 2nd for Rosen.

RG3 vs Cousins

Rosen vs Cousins

Sure why not! ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, osubuckeyeman said:

I think everyone is waiting till Lock is off the board. The Bengals need so much we have so many holes. I think and I hope we are in full rebuild mode. I just don't know enough about Rosen or Lock to say clearly either is better than Dalton. I think Lock has a stronger arm than Dalton for sure but is he better and will develop better than perhaps a QB in next year's draft? Rosen might fit better than Lock but what would the Bengals be willing to give considering all the holes. We need defense(Linebacker) and a tight end and perhaps another offensive lineman if it all falls right. 

My point is that the Bengals might be better served to kick the can down the road on replacing Dalton. I do think it's time for Dalton to go because he is good enough to tease you and not good enough to elevate a team into the playoffs and beyond. He is the worse QB to have good enough to give you hope but never get you to the promised land. Just not sure that QB is available to us either in Rosen or the draft.

Oh totally possible - Dalton has 2 years left on his deal.  If things go great we extend.  If they don't we get a guy next year and have a transition season.

-QG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, osubuckeyeman said:

I think everyone is waiting till Lock is off the board. The Bengals need so much we have so many holes. I think and I hope we are in full rebuild mode. I just don't know enough about Rosen or Lock to say clearly either is better than Dalton. I think Lock has a stronger arm than Dalton for sure but is he better and will develop better than perhaps a QB in next year's draft? Rosen might fit better than Lock but what would the Bengals be willing to give considering all the holes. We need defense(Linebacker) and a tight end and perhaps another offensive lineman if it all falls right. 

My point is that the Bengals might be better served to kick the can down the road on replacing Dalton. I do think it's time for Dalton to go because he is good enough to tease you and not good enough to elevate a team into the playoffs and beyond. He is the worse QB to have good enough to give you hope but never get you to the promised land. Just not sure that QB is available to us either in Rosen or the draft.

Oh totally possible - Dalton has 2 years left on his deal.  If things go great we extend.  If they don't we get a guy next year and have a transition season.

-QG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

OMG 

Unfollowing on twitter has replaced filing for divorce and firings.  Nothing is *Official* until an unfollow takes place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ack88 said:

Any team that lands Rosen for a 3rd or less has committed grant theft larceny. 

I think, if he was in this class, Rosen is easily the second best QB, well ahead of both Jones and Haskins.

This is what I don't understand. Why then was no team wililng to give up their first round pick for him? Even those that needed QB's?

I suspect the NFL knows more than we do, and the Giants and Redskins didn't think he would have easily been the second best QB of this class. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, kutta said:

This is what I don't understand. Why then was no team wililng to give up their first round pick for him? Even those that needed QB's?

I suspect the NFL knows more than we do, and the Giants and Redskins didn't think he would have easily been the second best QB of this class. 

Because they didn't have to.

Seemed pretty obvious that nobody was biting on the 1st round demands, so why pay a first rounder?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like they're getting a 2nd rounder from Miami

Quote

Multiple sources say the Dolphins are close to a deal for QB Josh Rosen, and that a deal may actually be tentatively done. Arizona would get pick No. 48 from Miami.

 

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm actually a bit surprised they will get a 2nd rounder. In my mind I thought 3rd round value would be as good as they would get.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, kutta said:

This is what I don't understand. Why then was no team wililng to give up their first round pick for him? Even those that needed QB's?

I suspect the NFL knows more than we do, and the Giants and Redskins didn't think he would have easily been the second best QB of this class. 

Agree with you on 2nd part. To me can’t see how is value has dropped that much- zona was a train wreck last year- but must be stuff we’re not seeing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Warhogs said:

I'm actually a bit surprised they will get a 2nd rounder. In my mind I thought 3rd round value would be as good as they would get.

I'm surprised people thought he would go for anything less than a 2nd.

Dude is 1 year removed from being a Top 10 pick, was on an awful team that fired their coach halfway through the season.

Look what a coaching change did for Jared Goff. Not saying I think Rosen will be great or anything, but I still think he should be worth a 2nd rounder easily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not ready to call him a bust. I just didn't feel that there were too many teams bidding for his services. You need a couple of interested teams (or sell someone that there are)  to get the price up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a brilliant trade for Miami.  They can make it look like they're not tanking by starting Rosen over Fitz now, but Rosen is so bad that they will lose more games than if they did start Fitz.  Miami is trading a 2019 2nd to ensure a top 5 pick in 2020.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

Excellent.  I'd much rather see Miami win 4 or 5 games with Rosen than watch them pull off a successful tank.

After doing everything else so well on the tanking, why would they do this?  :wall: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rotoworld:

ProFootballTalk on NBC Sports reports the Dolphins are "close" to acquiring QB Josh Rosen from the Cardinals.

With the Giants and Redskins both out of the running, the Dolphins quickly became the front-runners for Rosen, who became expendable when Arizona drafted Kliff Kingsbury favorite Kyler Murray first overall on Thursday night. Assuming the deal comes to fruition, the Cardinals will receive Miami's second-rounder (48th overall) in exchange for Rosen. With little leverage and an unhappy Rosen threatening to become a locker-room distraction (he unfollowed the team on social media Friday), the Cardinals did well to get back a second-rounder for the former UCLA standout. Meanwhile the rebuilding Fins appear to have finally turned the page on the ill-fated Ryan Tannehill Era by installing Rosen as their new franchise signal-caller. The 22-year-old labored through a difficult rookie campaign in Arizona but was poorly coached and had minimal weapons at his disposal. Ultimately we think he'll benefit from a change of scenery.

RELATED: 

Miami Dolphins

SOURCE: ProFootballTalk on Twitter

Apr 26, 2019, 12:10 PM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the fins basically build their team to tank for Tua and then trade for Rosen. Coolio.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rosen on track to be the first QB drafted in the 1st to get #### blocked by the new #1 overall pick 2 years in a row

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Minority opinion it seems, but I think this is a great move for Miami. I think Rosen is better than any QB in this draft class that wasn't Murray. I'd argue him vs Justin Herbert next year too. Dolphins are/were no lock for Tua, and Rosen might not be that far behind him. I'd still rather have Rosen over Josh Allen or Lamar Jackson too.

A lot of people are writing a guy off for a bad rookie year in an NFL worst situation. We need to look no further back than Jared Goff, as a guy who looked awful as a rookie, but has more than turned it around. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, travdogg said:

Minority opinion it seems, but I think this is a great move for Miami. I think Rosen is better than any QB in this draft class that wasn't Murray. I'd argue him vs Justin Herbert next year too. Dolphins are/were no lock for Tua, and Rosen might not be that far behind him. I'd still rather have Rosen over Josh Allen or Lamar Jackson too.

A lot of people are writing a guy off for a bad rookie year in an NFL worst situation. We need to look no further back than Jared Goff, as a guy who looked awful as a rookie, but has more than turned it around. 

I'm a huge Rosen believer (one of the tribe) but Tua is a generational talent and if you have to kneecap your players to get him then you do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, matuski said:

Because they didn't have to.

Seemed pretty obvious that nobody was biting on the 1st round demands, so why pay a first rounder?

The Giants and Redskins would have given up their picks for him if they thought we was better than the guys they drafted. So they obviously didn't think he was better than the guys they drafted.

Seems pretty obvious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kutta said:

The Giants and Redskins would have given up their picks for him if they thought we was better than the guys they drafted. So they obviously didn't think he was better than the guys they drafted.

Seems pretty obvious.

Seems like a game of chicken was played.  Cardinals lost.

eta - Cards wanted a first, teams thought they could get Rosen with less.  

Edited by matuski

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, matuski said:

Seems like a game of chicken was played.  Cardinals lost.

eta - Cards wanted a first, teams thought they could get Rosen with less.  

I agree with that.

But still, two teams drafted a QB instead of trading for Rosen. I was responding to a poster who said Rosen was much better than anyone but Murray in this draft. I think it's fair to say that at least two teams did not think of Rosen in that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kutta said:

I agree with that.

But still, two teams drafted a QB instead of trading for Rosen. I was responding to a poster who said Rosen was much better than anyone but Murray in this draft. I think it's fair to say that at least two teams did not think of Rosen in that way.

Those two teams aren't exactly known for their great decisions of late.

  • Like 2
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.