What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Josh Rosen, MIN (2 Viewers)

Maybe they should wait for 3 more years until everything is perfectly in place for Rosen to start. 
Either tell the guy he is the starter at the beginning of the week and let the offense prepare with him as the starter or go with Bradford. Pulling Bradford late in the 4th quarter and throwing Rosen in down two points and saying, "go win this for us, kid," is not putting him or the team in a position to succeed

Either tell the guy he is the starter at the beginning of the week and let the offense prepare with him as the starter or go with Bradford. Pulling Bradford late in the 4th quarter and throwing Rosen in down two points and saying, "go win this for us, kid," is not putting him or the team in a position to succeed
That train has already left the station, either get on the Rosen bandwagon or get left behind. 

I heard he came in with a little left, hopefully he looked good.  Looking forward to see what he can do.

Sidenote, we have every other rookie QB starting pretty much (other than Lamar who will never start), so lets roll out Rosen and watch him play.  

I was at the game and was surprised to see him come in. But he looked really good -  had some nice throws and gave the team a spark. If the dumb ### coaches would have had DJ in the game on 3rd and 2, Rosen probably would have won the game.

G/L to anyone counting on Rosen. Dude was a ##### at UCLA and his game ending INT smirk tells me he's a ##### in the NFL. Tight spirals don't tell the whole story with this guy. I hope I am wrong.

LawFitz said:
G/L to anyone counting on Rosen. Dude was a ##### at UCLA and his game ending INT smirk tells me he's a ##### in the NFL. Tight spirals don't tell the whole story with this guy. I hope I am wrong.
I hope you are too. Seems like quite the judgement to make.

Sinn Fein said:
:shrug:   Starting QB just finished the last three drives - Int, Int, Fumble

How much worse does he have to be?
The game was slipping away from them at that point. Made perfect sense to put Rosen in and try to salvage the win at that point. Bradford was playing poorly.

kutta said:
I was at the game and was surprised to see him come in. But he looked really good -  had some nice throws and gave the team a spark. If the dumb ### coaches would have had DJ in the game on 3rd and 2, Rosen probably would have won the game.
He was ok. He stared down Fitzgerald on the called back INT. Maybe first game jitters. The first int was just a dumb throw when a defender was tackling him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have camp/pre-season info that might show which wr(s), Rosen has shown a preference for?

Edited:  I am supposing it is Kirk?

has to be an upgrade to Bradford? Does this make Fitz and DJ get a tick up or down?
Kirk gets a tick up. He looked his way often when he was in last week, but that could have just been game scenario and so forth. Or maybe I am thinking about something else. 

Kirk gets a tick up. He looked his way often when he was in last week, but that could have just been game scenario and so forth. Or maybe I am thinking about something else. 
You're right. Kirk and Rosen are buds and go way back. They've been clicking since preseason.

When Rosen got the call to go into the game, Kirk went to him, gave him a headbutt, and told him to just do what he's always done and that if he threw it to the WR's, they'd catch it. Or something like that.

These guys both know they are the future, and I really think we are going to see Kirk start getting a lot of attention.

Kid looked good. One throw in particular to Seals on the sideline was a beautiful pass. He certainly has way more talent than Mayfield.

Might start to unlock some of the rest of the offense, especially Kirk and DJ.

I picked him up in dynasty. He's meeting my expectations at this point. I'm not convinced that McCoy is the best fit for him and the offense but the order of the day is pantience. 

He'll be held back by the horrible offense. Everytime they get a win it's more likely McCoy is back next year. 

Josh Rosen completed 22-of-39 passes for 208 yards with a touchdown and two interceptions in Week 10 against the Chiefs.

This was another small step forward for Rosen, but he continued to take too many sacks. Rosen's only touchdown was a red-zone strike to David Johnson. The Cardinals have looked better under OC Byron Leftwich, but they're still a bottom-tier offense. Rosen has an attackable matchup with Oakland in Week 11.

Nov 11 - 4:09 PM

NFL Network insider Ian Rapoport reports that the Arizona Cardinals have no plans to trade QB Josh Rosen in order to make a move for Oklahoma redshirt junior QB Kyler Murray in the draft.

The San Francisco Chronicle's Susan Slusser reported on Wednesday evening that the Oakland A's -- who selected Murray in MLB's amateur draft this past summer -- expect the Oklahoma signal-caller to declare for the NFL Draft. A video of new Arizona HC Kliff Kingsbury praising Murray during the fall began to make the rounds on social media after that report came out. In the video, Kingsbury said that if he had the No. 1 pick, he would use it on Murray. Fast forward several months and what do you know, Kliff lands with the team which owns that first overall selection. As fun as the speculation has been, Rap Sheet came in on Thursday to throw water all over it, speaking with a "high-ranking" source within the organization who referred to the talk as "ludicrous" and said that a trade of Rosen is "not happening."

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter 

Jan 10 - 2:19 PM

Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline reports the Redskins have "openly spoken" about trading for Cardinals QB Josh Rosen.

Coach Kliff Kingsbury and GM Steve Keim have tried to hush rumors about taking a quarterback with the No. 1 overall pick (and thus shopping Rosen), but both have admittedly done a porous job doing so. If so, positioning last year's No. 10 overall pick ahead of veteran Colt McCoy would make a ton of sense for Washington. NFL Network analyst Daniel Jeremiah noted it's currently "50-50" among the people he's spoken to on whether the Cards pull the trigger on Kyler Murray with the first pick in April.

RELATED: 

Washington Redskins

SOURCE: Tony Pauline on Twitter

Mar 2, 2019, 2:38 PM

Nope I'd give up our 1st for him if I was the GM. 
Don’t you feel in power position even though I think Giants and others might be in on this which limits. 

i can see Rosen and 65 for 15.  Not sure you can get 33. But maybe. 

I don’t think Giants do the 6 without getting the 33 back. Or better yet just give up second. 

I personally feel bad move by Cards unless they take someone to the Cleaners

williams or Bosa and Rosen sound way better than Murray and whoever.

Don’t you feel in power position even though I think Giants and others might be in on this which limits. 

i can see Rosen and 65 for 15.  Not sure you can get 33. But maybe. 

I don’t think Giants do the 6 without getting the 33 back. Or better yet just give up second. 

I personally feel bad move by Cards unless they take someone to the Cleaners

williams or Bosa and Rosen sound way better than Murray and whoever.
Yeah I think the Cards should keep Rosen too. If they trade him though hope the Skins go after him. I like Rosen and the Skins would be getting him at a discount.

Users who are viewing this thread