What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Josh Rosen, MIN (1 Viewer)

Seems like pretty limited market. Although as price drops, market will expand.

Miami has to be front runners as they appear interested. Pats second if they can get him cheap

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like pretty limited market. Although as price drops, market will expand.

Miami has to be front runners as they appear interested. Pats second if they can get him cheap
Teams would be smart to just wait...I'm thinking 3rd is the best they will get now. If I'm the Pats, Chargers, Saints, pretty much anywhere with a vet QB, I'd grab him at that price. 

Teams would be smart to just wait...I'm thinking 3rd is the best they will get now. If I'm the Pats, Chargers, Saints, pretty much anywhere with a vet QB, I'd grab him at that price. 
Think the waiting is over for most part. If a team is interested think it’s time to put in a reasonable offer.

I wonder if my Bengals are seeing if Lock drops to 42 or who is else on their board and if not perhaps they pull the trigger on Rosen.  Adds some fun intrigue to round two.

-QG

Any team that lands Rosen for a 3rd or less has committed grant theft larceny. 

I think, if he was in this class, Rosen is easily the second best QB, well ahead of both Jones and Haskins.

I think everyone is waiting till Lock is off the board. The Bengals need so much we have so many holes. I think and I hope we are in full rebuild mode. I just don't know enough about Rosen or Lock to say clearly either is better than Dalton. I think Lock has a stronger arm than Dalton for sure but is he better and will develop better than perhaps a QB in next year's draft? Rosen might fit better than Lock but what would the Bengals be willing to give considering all the holes. We need defense(Linebacker) and a tight end and perhaps another offensive lineman if it all falls right. 

My point is that the Bengals might be better served to kick the can down the road on replacing Dalton. I do think it's time for Dalton to go because he is good enough to tease you and not good enough to elevate a team into the playoffs and beyond. He is the worse QB to have good enough to give you hope but never get you to the promised land. Just not sure that QB is available to us either in Rosen or the draft.
Oh totally possible - Dalton has 2 years left on his deal.  If things go great we extend.  If they don't we get a guy next year and have a transition season.

-QG

I think everyone is waiting till Lock is off the board. The Bengals need so much we have so many holes. I think and I hope we are in full rebuild mode. I just don't know enough about Rosen or Lock to say clearly either is better than Dalton. I think Lock has a stronger arm than Dalton for sure but is he better and will develop better than perhaps a QB in next year's draft? Rosen might fit better than Lock but what would the Bengals be willing to give considering all the holes. We need defense(Linebacker) and a tight end and perhaps another offensive lineman if it all falls right. 

My point is that the Bengals might be better served to kick the can down the road on replacing Dalton. I do think it's time for Dalton to go because he is good enough to tease you and not good enough to elevate a team into the playoffs and beyond. He is the worse QB to have good enough to give you hope but never get you to the promised land. Just not sure that QB is available to us either in Rosen or the draft.
Oh totally possible - Dalton has 2 years left on his deal.  If things go great we extend.  If they don't we get a guy next year and have a transition season.

-QG

Any team that lands Rosen for a 3rd or less has committed grant theft larceny. 

I think, if he was in this class, Rosen is easily the second best QB, well ahead of both Jones and Haskins.
This is what I don't understand. Why then was no team wililng to give up their first round pick for him? Even those that needed QB's?

I suspect the NFL knows more than we do, and the Giants and Redskins didn't think he would have easily been the second best QB of this class. 

This is what I don't understand. Why then was no team wililng to give up their first round pick for him? Even those that needed QB's?

I suspect the NFL knows more than we do, and the Giants and Redskins didn't think he would have easily been the second best QB of this class. 
Because they didn't have to.

Seemed pretty obvious that nobody was biting on the 1st round demands, so why pay a first rounder?

I'm actually a bit surprised they will get a 2nd rounder. In my mind I thought 3rd round value would be as good as they would get.

Agree with you on 2nd part. To me can’t see how is value has dropped that much- zona was a train wreck last year- but must be stuff we’re not seeing

I'm actually a bit surprised they will get a 2nd rounder. In my mind I thought 3rd round value would be as good as they would get.
I'm surprised people thought he would go for anything less than a 2nd.

Dude is 1 year removed from being a Top 10 pick, was on an awful team that fired their coach halfway through the season.

Look what a coaching change did for Jared Goff. Not saying I think Rosen will be great or anything, but I still think he should be worth a 2nd rounder easily.

I'm not ready to call him a bust. I just didn't feel that there were too many teams bidding for his services. You need a couple of interested teams (or sell someone that there are)  to get the price up.

That's a brilliant trade for Miami.  They can make it look like they're not tanking by starting Rosen over Fitz now, but Rosen is so bad that they will lose more games than if they did start Fitz.  Miami is trading a 2019 2nd to ensure a top 5 pick in 2020.  

Rotoworld:

ProFootballTalk on NBC Sports reports the Dolphins are "close" to acquiring QB Josh Rosen from the Cardinals.

With the Giants and Redskins both out of the running, the Dolphins quickly became the front-runners for Rosen, who became expendable when Arizona drafted Kliff Kingsbury favorite Kyler Murray first overall on Thursday night. Assuming the deal comes to fruition, the Cardinals will receive Miami's second-rounder (48th overall) in exchange for Rosen. With little leverage and an unhappy Rosen threatening to become a locker-room distraction (he unfollowed the team on social media Friday), the Cardinals did well to get back a second-rounder for the former UCLA standout. Meanwhile the rebuilding Fins appear to have finally turned the page on the ill-fated Ryan Tannehill Era by installing Rosen as their new franchise signal-caller. The 22-year-old labored through a difficult rookie campaign in Arizona but was poorly coached and had minimal weapons at his disposal. Ultimately we think he'll benefit from a change of scenery.

RELATED: 

Miami Dolphins

SOURCE: ProFootballTalk on Twitter

Apr 26, 2019, 12:10 PM

Minority opinion it seems, but I think this is a great move for Miami. I think Rosen is better than any QB in this draft class that wasn't Murray. I'd argue him vs Justin Herbert next year too. Dolphins are/were no lock for Tua, and Rosen might not be that far behind him. I'd still rather have Rosen over Josh Allen or Lamar Jackson too.

A lot of people are writing a guy off for a bad rookie year in an NFL worst situation. We need to look no further back than Jared Goff, as a guy who looked awful as a rookie, but has more than turned it around. 

Minority opinion it seems, but I think this is a great move for Miami. I think Rosen is better than any QB in this draft class that wasn't Murray. I'd argue him vs Justin Herbert next year too. Dolphins are/were no lock for Tua, and Rosen might not be that far behind him. I'd still rather have Rosen over Josh Allen or Lamar Jackson too.

A lot of people are writing a guy off for a bad rookie year in an NFL worst situation. We need to look no further back than Jared Goff, as a guy who looked awful as a rookie, but has more than turned it around. 
I'm a huge Rosen believer (one of the tribe) but Tua is a generational talent and if you have to kneecap your players to get him then you do it.

Because they didn't have to.

Seemed pretty obvious that nobody was biting on the 1st round demands, so why pay a first rounder?
The Giants and Redskins would have given up their picks for him if they thought we was better than the guys they drafted. So they obviously didn't think he was better than the guys they drafted.

Seems pretty obvious.

The Giants and Redskins would have given up their picks for him if they thought we was better than the guys they drafted. So they obviously didn't think he was better than the guys they drafted.

Seems pretty obvious.
Seems like a game of chicken was played.  Cardinals lost.

eta - Cards wanted a first, teams thought they could get Rosen with less.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like a game of chicken was played.  Cardinals lost.

eta - Cards wanted a first, teams thought they could get Rosen with less.  
I agree with that.

But still, two teams drafted a QB instead of trading for Rosen. I was responding to a poster who said Rosen was much better than anyone but Murray in this draft. I think it's fair to say that at least two teams did not think of Rosen in that way.

I just can't get on board with Rosen ever being good.  Maybe its because I think he's so ugly looking I want to punch him in the ear. 

You have to figure that Arizona tried to get the #41 from Denver or the #42 from Cincinnati and that neither of those teams thought he was worth it as well.  Given that Zac Taylor saw him up close last year with the Rams that's not exactly a vote of confidence in him.

At this point getting pick 48 is probably the best that coulda been expected for the Cardinals.

-QG

Because the Cards have no leverage. They showed all their cards (no pun intended) early on and telegraphed their entire process. If the general public is that aware of what their intentions were, then certainly league GMs knew. Nobody pays dollar for dollar if they can get the commodity for 70 cents on the dollar. 

Because the Cards have no leverage. They showed all their cards (no pun intended) early on and telegraphed their entire process. If the general public is that aware of what their intentions were, then certainly league GMs knew. Nobody pays dollar for dollar if they can get the commodity for 70 cents on the dollar. 
Again, two teams picked QB's and did not trade those picks for Rosen. If the Giants and Redskins thought Rosen was as good as the second best QB in this class, they would have traded their pick to the Cards instead of drafting who they did.

Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reports that the Miami Dolphins and Arizona Cardinals have agreed to a trade for Josh Rosen.

In the deal, the Dolphins would send the 46th pick to the Cardinals. It's widely speculated that the Cardinals are going to take Byron Murphy of Washington to play corner with the 33rd pick, and with the 46th pick, the Cardinals could target a wideout like A.J. Brown of Ole Miss or Hakeem Butler of Iowa State. It's a far cry from what the Cardinals gave up to get Rosen, but with Kyler Murray in tow, there's zero reason to hang onto Rosen at this point.

SOURCE: Jason La Canfora on Twitter

Apr 26, 2019, 2:27 PM

Again, two teams picked QB's and did not trade those picks for Rosen. If the Giants and Redskins thought Rosen was as good as the second best QB in this class, they would have traded their pick to the Cards instead of drafting who they did.
And with great moves like taking Daniel Jones 6th overall and trading OBJ for a mid 1st, we should definitely put a lot of weight into what Gettleman thinks. 

Users who are viewing this thread