Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

Dynasty & Redraft: QB Josh Rosen, Dolphins

I just can't get on board with Rosen ever being good.  Maybe its because I think he's so ugly looking I want to punch him in the ear. 

• Laughing 1

41 minutes ago, gabes1919 said:

Rosen on track to be the first QB drafted in the 1st to get #### blocked by the new #1 overall pick 2 years in a row

Modern day Steve DeBerg

-QG

34 minutes ago, wgoldsph said:

I'm a huge Rosen believer (one of the tribe)

There are dozens of us.  Dozens!

• Love 1
  • Laughing 1

You have to figure that Arizona tried to get the #41 from Denver or the #42 from Cincinnati and that neither of those teams thought he was worth it as well.  Given that Zac Taylor saw him up close last year with the Rams that's not exactly a vote of confidence in him.

At this point getting pick 48 is probably the best that coulda been expected for the Cardinals.

-QG

2 hours ago, kutta said:

This is what I don't understand. Why then was no team wililng to give up their first round pick for him? Even those that needed QB's?

I suspect the NFL knows more than we do, and the Giants and Redskins didn't think he would have easily been the second best QB of this class. 

Because the Cards have no leverage. They showed all their cards (no pun intended) early on and telegraphed their entire process. If the general public is that aware of what their intentions were, then certainly league GMs knew. Nobody pays dollar for dollar if they can get the commodity for 70 cents on the dollar. 

2 minutes ago, Ack88 said:

Because the Cards have no leverage. They showed all their cards (no pun intended) early on and telegraphed their entire process. If the general public is that aware of what their intentions were, then certainly league GMs knew. Nobody pays dollar for dollar if they can get the commodity for 70 cents on the dollar. 

Again, two teams picked QB's and did not trade those picks for Rosen. If the Giants and Redskins thought Rosen was as good as the second best QB in this class, they would have traded their pick to the Cards instead of drafting who they did.

Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reports that the Miami Dolphins and Arizona Cardinals have agreed to a trade for Josh Rosen.

In the deal, the Dolphins would send the 46th pick to the Cardinals. It's widely speculated that the Cardinals are going to take Byron Murphy of Washington to play corner with the 33rd pick, and with the 46th pick, the Cardinals could target a wideout like A.J. Brown of Ole Miss or Hakeem Butler of Iowa State. It's a far cry from what the Cardinals gave up to get Rosen, but with Kyler Murray in tow, there's zero reason to hang onto Rosen at this point.

SOURCE: Jason La Canfora on Twitter

Apr 26, 2019, 2:27 PM

2 hours ago, IvanKaramazov said:

Excellent.  I'd much rather see Miami win 4 or 5 games with Rosen than watch them pull off a successful tank.

2 hours ago, Slapdash said:

After doing everything else so well on the tanking, why would they do this?  :wall: 

Fitz magic is good for 4 or 5 wins anyway. 

4 minutes ago, kutta said:

Again, two teams picked QB's and did not trade those picks for Rosen. If the Giants and Redskins thought Rosen was as good as the second best QB in this class, they would have traded their pick to the Cards instead of drafting who they did.

And with great moves like taking Daniel Jones 6th overall and trading OBJ for a mid 1st, we should definitely put a lot of weight into what Gettleman thinks. 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2

8 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

And with great moves like taking Daniel Jones 6th overall and trading OBJ for a mid 1st, we should definitely put a lot of weight into what Gettleman thinks. 

I put a lot of weight into what Gettleman thinks... In the way that if he thinks something he is probably wrong. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, kutta said:

Indeed they did. It is, in my opinion, a mistake. I’ll take Rosen over both Haskins and Jones all day long. Time will tell.

I will also add that Dan Snyder, as both an owner and talent evaluator, is pitiful. The Redskins under his leadership are wretched- winning nothing.

Gittleman was a part of building some real good Panther teams, but his early NYG tenure is underwhelming.

Edited by Ack88
  • Like 2

ESPN's Josina Anderson reports trade talks for Josh Rosen are "somewhat far apart" between the Cardinals and Dolphins.

This throws shade on a previous report that had Miami sending a second-rounder for Rosen. The Dolphins have the worst quarterback situation in the league but may only be willing to give up a third-rounder for Rosen with the Giants and Redskins out of the mix. The Chargers are the only other team that's been linked to Rosen.

SOURCE: Josina Anderson on Twitter

Apr 26, 2019, 3:07 PM

38 minutes ago, mphtrilogy said:

Miami’s got them over a barrel 

This.  The question is, are they able to take advantage of it.  There should be no deal unless it is on Miami's terms.  I suspect they will get Rosen and a 4th or 5th for their 2, which to me is a great value for a high upside 22 year old blue chip college QB.

Cqrds would be stupid to trade him he is beyond cheap for a qb.  If by some miracle that Murray is actually good then you trade him, as it stands he is cheap insurance policy for when Murray flames out, next year they can go back to Rosen!

2 hours ago, beef said:

I just can't get on board with Rosen ever being good.  Maybe its because I think he's so ugly looking I want to punch him in the ear. 

What do you look like?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, QuizGuy66 said:

You have to figure that Arizona tried to get the #41 from Denver or the #42 from Cincinnati and that neither of those teams thought he was worth it as well.  Given that Zac Taylor saw him up close last year with the Rams that's not exactly a vote of confidence in him.

At this point getting pick 48 is probably the best that coulda been expected for the Cardinals.

-QG

Up close, so he played against him once?

1 minute ago, bucksoh said:

Cqrds would be stupid to trade him he is beyond cheap for a qb.  If by some miracle that Murray is actually good then you trade him, as it stands he is cheap insurance policy for when Murray flames out, next year they can go back to Rosen!

The problem is that they bluffed, were called and now it has potential to be a PR nightmare. 

No one paid their price. So they took Murray. They gambled that QBs would go early and a team like Washington would pay a 1st. The draft fell perfect for those teams. Lock is even still available. 

Now you have maybe 2 or 3 teams interested, 2 have starting franchise QBs who are old but still good. Market is dry. 

You can keep Rosen and have a PR nightmare where every reporter is focusing on a qb controversy. The attention will always be on both QBs and after every loss questions on if they'd give the other a try. Not to mention the awkwardness of the locker room and pote tially having a locker room divided (Rosens guys vs Murrays guys).

Or... you can just get rid of him. take your lumps, and move forward

1 minute ago, Dr. Dan said:

The problem is that they bluffed, were called and now it has potential to be a PR nightmare. 

No one paid their price. So they took Murray. They gambled that QBs would go early and a team like Washington would pay a 1st. The draft fell perfect for those teams. Lock is even still available. 

Now you have maybe 2 or 3 teams interested, 2 have starting franchise QBs who are old but still good. Market is dry. 

You can keep Rosen and have a PR nightmare where every reporter is focusing on a qb controversy. The attention will always be on both QBs and after every loss questions on if they'd give the other a try. Not to mention the awkwardness of the locker room and pote tially having a locker room divided (Rosens guys vs Murrays guys).

Or... you can just get rid of him. take your lumps, and move forward

All of this, plus Rosen already has one foot out the door.  Deleting them from social media was a not so well veiled clue that he was less than thrilled with the organization.  Even if you have to sell him for less than his value, you need him out of the building.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kutta said:

Man do I want to be in a fantasy league with you.  Or do you play poker?

• Laughing 1

53 minutes ago, Tool said:

What do you look like?

A typical Angus.    

:lmao:

So according to NFL Network guys the Dolphins getting a crappier round 2 pick makes a trade with the Cardinals for Rosen MORE likely?

-QG

1 hour ago, Faust said:

"This is a man's game. Be a man and go against that man one-on-one. He gets 10 plays, you get 10 plays. Do your deal. Ain't nobody giving you nothing. The only thing you can get on this stage, right now, is a free ### whopping, everything else you gotta work hard for."

Eh, it's kind of obvious the regime is going in a different direction. Rosen has to strike while the iron is hot, not wait to be a career backup.

lol at the cardinals having to throw in a 5th too.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, wgoldsph said:

I guess maybe I’m just a little slow because I have no idea what this means. 

8 minutes ago, dipandglide said:

What was terrible about that video? 

Your sarcasm detector. 🙃

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

On 4/26/2019 at 3:59 PM, wgoldsph said:

Now that I think about it, I do like to gamble. How about. $1000 bet that Rosen doesn’t finish as a top QB in fantasy stats at any time over the next 3 years?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kutta said:

Now that I think about it, I do like to gamble. How about. $1000 bet that Rosen doesn’t finish as a top QB in fantasy stats at any time over the next 3 years?

Not what I was saying.  I would bet a grand that he has better fantasy stats over the next three years then Haskins and Jones though.

3 hours ago, wgoldsph said:

Not what I was saying.  I would bet a grand that he has better fantasy stats over the next three years then Haskins and Jones though.

Deal. I’ll take Haskins and Jones and you have Rosen. $1K that one of them puts up better fantasy stats than Rosen over the next three years.

🤝

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, kutta said:

Deal. I’ll take Haskins and Jones and you have Rosen. $1K that one of them puts up better fantasy stats than Rosen over the next three years.

🤝

I like the Rosen side of this bet by a landslide.

2 hours ago, cobalt_27 said:

I like the Rosen side of this bet by a landslide.

me too

I'll take Haskins or Jones in a landslide. And I like Rosen. He's really going to need a hell of a season to not be replaced by top pick in 2020 IMO. They've got the ammo to easily move up (if they don't happen to be the league's worst team).

And his weapons in Miami are arguably worse. But it's going to be nearly impossible for Flores to be worse than Wilks was in AZ so Rosen has that going for him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

I'll take Haskins or Jones in a landslide. And I like Rosen. He's really going to need a hell of a season to not be replaced by top pick in 2020 IMO. They've got the ammo to easily move up (if they don't happen to be the league's worst team).

And his weapons in Miami are arguably worse. But it's going to be nearly impossible for Flores to be worse than Wilks was in AZ so Rosen has that going for him.

I’m not so sure Rosen is even going to be the starter this year in Miami.

• Like 2

What scoring system?

I'm with Kutta, I like the Haskins Jones side.  

13 minutes ago, kutta said:

I’m not so sure Rosen is even going to be the starter this year in Miami.

Agreed.  

If Kutta had been forced to pick one of Haskins or Jones (which would be the more correct way to look at it since an NFL team can only pick one), I would like the Rosen side easily but getting 2 shots against 1 makes the Haskins/Jones side the better bet.

• Like 1

Dolphins coach Brian Flores said Josh Rosen will have to "earn" his starting job.

Rosen joined the Dolphins Friday night in a trade that netted Arizona the 62nd overall pick and a fifth-rounder next year. Most assumed Rosen would immediately slot in as the Dolphins' starter and while that's still probably the case, Flores insists that decision has yet to be made. "When Josh gets here, he's got to compete for any type of role that he has here," explained the first-year head coach. "You have to earn it." Rosen struggled mightily as a rookie but didn't have much around him in Arizona. We're still anticipating Rosen will start Week 1 for the Dolphins, but it's not a given that he'll beat out Ryan Fitzpatrick, who produced a slew of 400-yard games in his brief tenure as Tampa Bay's starter last year.

RELATED: 

Ryan Fitzpatrick

SOURCE: ESPN.com

Apr 28, 2019, 6:57 AM

15 hours ago, wgoldsph said:

Sounds like the bet is agreed upon.

Let’s select a trust worthy poster (any volunteers?) to hold our $1k so neither of us can back out. 

I’ll propose the scoring system as 0.1 points per rushing yard,  0.25 points per passing yard, and all td’s 6 points.

Obviously, no outs for injuries or any unforeseen circumstances - makes it too complicated.