Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

Dynasty & Redraft: QB Josh Rosen, Dolphins

Recommended Posts

Cardinals homer. Drafted Rosen last year and traded him yesterday to move up from the 3.09 to the 3.02. Who exactly is Rosen throwing the ball to this year? If anything, I am bullish on all of Miami's runningbacks. I think Kenyan Drake is explosive and I love Kalen Ballage to become a bellcow. He could go off for 28 Touchdowns this year and that would be about his ceiling.

I'd rather roll the dice on an aging Tom Brady or Drew Brees in dynasty. Sure, I'm shortsighted for the future but as this post stated. I am a Cardinals homer. I'm trying to figure out how to get Kyler Murray in an Air Raid offense on my team. We know the defense isn't going to be there. Should be plenty of garbage time which as we know, is pretty much the equivalent of college ball.

 

Josh Rosen
3.09

for

3.02

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kutta said:

I’m not so sure Rosen is even going to be the starter this year in Miami.

He's gonna start week 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Young 8 said:

He's gonna start week 1.

Most likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think Jones ever makes a start the next three years barring an Eli injury.  Giants are my tank fur Tua team now that Barkley is the only player they have.

Haskins and Rosen both start week one.  Neither Mia nor Wash have good wrs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kutta said:

Sounds like the bet is agreed upon.

Let’s select a trust worthy poster (any volunteers?) to hold our $1k so neither of us can back out. 

I’ll propose the scoring system as 0.1 points per rushing yard,  0.25 points per passing yard, and all td’s 6 points.

Obviously, no outs for injuries or any unforeseen circumstances - makes it too complicated.

I'd like to add negative 1 points for ints and fumbles lost.   The final tally is based on the  cumulative fantasy points gained during the 2019, 2020, and 2021 seasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, wgoldsph said:

I'd like to add negative 1 points for ints and fumbles lost.   The final tally is based on the  cumulative fantasy points gained during the 2019, 2020, and 2021 seasons.

I’m fine with that. Actually, if you have a league that scored like you’d like to, let’s just use that so we don’t have to do any special calculations.

I assume we are only going weeks 1-16? That way we cut out the situations where Rosen leads the Dolphins to a 14-1 record and he sits during week 17 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, dickey moe said:

He handled things perfectly in that video.

I think the "spoiled brat" comment was sarcastic

31 minutes ago, kutta said:

I’m fine with that. Actually, if you have a league that scored like you’d like to, let’s just use that so we don’t have to do any special calculations.

I assume we are only going weeks 1-16? That way we cut out the situations where Rosen leads the Dolphins to a 14-1 record and he sits during week 17 😂

We can set up a two man yahoo league pretty easy. And hey, I never said the fins would ever be any good in my lifetime...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, wgoldsph said:

I think the "spoiled brat" comment was sarcastic

We can set up a two man yahoo league pretty easy. And hey, I never said the fins would ever be any good in my lifetime...

The fins comment was just a joke.

I’m fine setting it up any way we can easily track it.

Are you good finding someone to hold our money? Seems like the prudent way to do this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kutta said:

The fins comment was just a joke.

I’m fine setting it up any way we can easily track it.

Are you good finding someone to hold our money? Seems like the prudent way to do this.

I'm good with that.  I have two money problems - 1 I'm poor and 2 my brother's wedding is July 5th so I'm pretty tapped out at the moment.  You good with some sort of payment installment?  Anyone who doesn't make their payments forfeits kinda deal.

 

Also want to add - I agree with the whole no injury / benching / jailing / whatever changes the outcome, but I've always thought that incase of player death (God forbid) any one on one bets should be voided.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, wgoldsph said:

I'm good with that.  I have two money problems - 1 I'm poor and 2 my brother's wedding is July 5th so I'm pretty tapped out at the moment.  You good with some sort of payment installment?  Anyone who doesn't make their payments forfeits kinda deal.

 

Also want to add - I agree with the whole no injury / benching / jailing / whatever changes the outcome, but I've always thought that incase of player death (God forbid) any one on one bets should be voided.

I’m fine with the death clause.

I would much prefer to just deposit the money and have someone hold it - the simpler the better.

I understand finances being tight. This is a message board and should be more about fun than stressing out over money. I’m good going down to a $100 bet instead if you’d prefer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, wgoldsph said:

I don't think Jones ever makes a start the next three years barring an Eli injury.  Giants are my tank fur Tua team now that Barkley is the only player they have.

 

That makes sense.  :rolleyes:

Edited by Shawnky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Raptors409 said:

I love Kalen Ballage to become a bellcow. He could go off for 28 Touchdowns this year and that would be about his ceiling.

What?

The Dolphins may not score 28 TDs this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

What?

The Dolphins may not score 28 TDs this season.

28 Touchdowns for Rosen. That's a little under 2 per game but he can do it. I watched Mitch Trubisky throw for 6 touchdowns in one game. It's the modern NFL, everyone's a superstar.

Edited by Raptors409

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Raptors409 said:

28 Touchdowns for Rosen. That's a little under 2 per game, but he can do it. I watched Mitch Trubisky throw for 6 touchdowns in one game. It's the modern NFL, everyone's a superstar.

Ok that makes more sense, but the flow of what you were writing made it seem like you were talkng about Ballege scoring 28 TDs.

Edited by Dr. Octopus
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

Ok that makes more sense, but the flow of what you were writing made it seem like you were taking about Ballege scoring 28 TDs.

That would be amazing. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I should have just gone with it.

 

"Ballage can definitely get to 28 Touchdowns. Who's he get Week 1? Baltimore? That's an easy 3 Touchdowns and 320 YFS. He'll probably only get 2 Touchdowns against New England but if they decide to run the Wildcat like he did in college, he might be able to pull a Ronnie Brown and throw for a couple."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kutta said:

I’m fine with the death clause.

I would much prefer to just deposit the money and have someone hold it - the simpler the better.

I understand finances being tight. This is a message board and should be more about fun than stressing out over money. I’m good going down to a $100 bet instead if you’d prefer. 

That I can do.  Anyone want to hold onto our cash for the next three years?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wgoldsph said:

That I can do.  Anyone want to hold onto our cash for the next three years?

I've played poker with @Otis and know him to be trustworthy. If he agrees, let's send him our money and he can earn interest for three years on it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kutta said:

I've played poker with @Otis and know him to be trustworthy. If he agrees, let's send him our money and he can earn interest for three years on it.

Happy to assist. My interns are well versed in iBet escrow arrangements. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dolphins assistant QBs coach Jerry Schuplinski said Josh Rosen and Ryan Fitzpatrick will split reps during OTAs.

"I think they’ll all be working in with similar guys and getting pretty much equal reps with everybody," Schuplinski said. "Then, eventually, we’ll just see how they develop and how they go. I think we’ll probably let the process come to us and see who is playing well." It would be a shock if Rosen is not handed the reins in what should be an evaluation season for the Dolphins, but coach Brian Flores has already said the sophomore will have to "earn" it.

SOURCE: Miami Herald

May 14, 2019, 10:49 AM ET

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For Dynasty purposes not sure if he is worth holding at this point.  I inherited Rosen on an orphan team I took over and not sure if I'll even let him sit on my taxi squad it depends on my roster after the draft and what I want to do. Rosen will be out there right away and should be so Miami can see what they have and if he hits great and if not great they tank without looking like they tanked. The situation sucks for Josh in my opinion though the Dolphins have some weapons not nearly enough and the offensive line might be just a slight upgrade. He could end up in the same situation that he was in this year with Miami using a top pick and then being shipped out again or just be a backup at that point.  I think this happening is about as likely to happen as Rosen being good.  I liked him coming out and think he can be good but like anything else, if the situation is horrible and your on a team that has not invested much in you then you are expendable and do you want a QB on the roster that possibly could be starting over on a new team in his 3rd year??? What? You going to wait and see?? Is he even worth the time investment in Dynasty? I feel for the kid he is being humbled a bit and I like how he has handled the situation at least in public. I'll be rooting for him but investing him even at a cheap price? I don't know. I doubt it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, osubuckeyeman said:

For Dynasty purposes not sure if he is worth holding at this point.

This is only a valid strategy in small leagues (10-12 teams) that start 1 QB and have short rosters.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's on my taxi this season. I'm expecting him to be starting next year and he'll be the #3 QB on my team. It's hard to see him flourish on these Dolphins but this is clearly a test of his mettle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In one of my leagues, where we do not get penalized for INTs, the "Miami QB" scored only 30 fantasy points less on the season than Dak Prescott, who is considered by many to be a low end QB1 heading into 2019 (he finished, I think, QB16 in this league last year)

Surely Rosen is better than a combination of Oswieler and Tannehill. Not to mention a coaching change with hopefully a better offensive scheme.

 

I am a Rosen owner, so full disclosure, but he is my QB3 so I don't really need him to be great. I think it is realistic to say Rosen can be a pretty solid QB2 this season. If he cannot out perform a combo of Tannehill and Oswieler, then it's safe to say he won't be a starter in 2020 and is not worth holding onto.

 

IMO Rosen is grossly undervalued; he seems to be valued as if he will bust and not out perform last season's QB stats in MIA. I think this presents a good opportunity to buy if you don't need him at all for 2019. He could be good value to flip down the road, and his value can't get any lower than it is currently, aside from being WW foder.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, tangfoot said:

This is only a valid strategy in small leagues (10-12 teams) that start 1 QB and have short rosters.

12 team league 1 QB is the league I have him.

In SF much different situation and if you are in 16-32 team leagues or high roster limit teams supply and demand will play a role.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dr. Dan said:

Surely Rosen is better than a combination of Oswieler and Tannehill.

I do not think that is a sure thing. At all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, kutta said:

I do not think that is a sure thing. At all.

Sure thing?  Certainly not.  Something I'd be willing to wager on?  Absolutely.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dr. Dan said:

In one of my leagues, where we do not get penalized for INTs, the "Miami QB" scored only 30 fantasy points less on the season than Dak Prescott, who is considered by many to be a low end QB1 heading into 2019 (he finished, I think, QB16 in this league last year)

That's odd. Prescott had an extra 659 passing yards, 136 yards from scrimmage, and 4 total TDs than Tannehill+Osweiler. Which would typically be something like 65 fpts. In Anarchy leagues (which use TMQB) QB Dolphins was QB25 for the regular season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, ZWK said:

That's odd. Prescott had an extra 659 passing yards, 136 yards from scrimmage, and 4 total TDs than Tannehill+Osweiler. Which would typically be something like 65 fpts. In Anarchy leagues (which use TMQB) QB Dolphins was QB25 for the regular season.

:shrug:

3309 =165.45

23 tds = 138

140 rush = 14

total= 317.45

Dak had 351.40

So I'm off by 4 points. 34 less.  doesnt seem right to me either when I look at the stats

 

ETA: I must have done something wrong, because if I just do the easy thing and add Tannehill and Osweiler I end up with 309.65, which is basically between Derek Carr and Keenum. So basically garbage. 

Rosen hopefully can pull out at least 2 fantasy points per game more than Tannehill and Osweiler did. Like I said, make or break year for him IMO. 

Edited by Dr. Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald feels Ryan Fitzpatrick has outperformed Josh Rosen through the early portion of OTAs.

Fitzpatrick has been a tad sharper in the early going, though Jackson concedes that Rosen has "also played well." New coach Brian Flores insists the starting job is up for grabs, though it would ultimately be a shock if Rosen, the tenth overall pick in last year's draft, wasn't under center for Week 1.

RELATED: 

Josh Rosen

SOURCE: Miami Herald

May 24, 2019, 3:10 PM ET

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got offered a 2nd round pick for Rosen in a 10 team 2QB league yesterday.  Thought it was worth mentioning.  Problem is I really like Rosen so that's a no go from me.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Faust said:

this is a pretty good intro to the QB situation there. Rosen sounds like he's getting up to speed and looks good in these OTAs. I'd be concerned if he was slow in adjusting but, 3 weeks in, he's making his case. Fitz is Fitz ultimately. he's going to be awesome for bursts but will flame out in time. i hope Rosen can reset after a shaky rookie year with AZ and take advantage of the opportunity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

Got offered a 2nd round pick for Rosen in a 10 team 2QB league yesterday.  Thought it was worth mentioning.  Problem is I really like Rosen so that's a no go from me.  

Same.  I declined as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.