Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
James Bond

*** OFFICIAL Amazing Race 31 - "Survivor v. Amazing Race v. Big Brother" Edition ***

Started last night. Anyone watching?  According to Phil (who is sporting no hat and a new windblown haircut), these are the most competitive racers ever. Former pro athletes, Indy race-car drivers, X-games skiers, professional eaters, former Big Brother contestants, the list go on and on. There is even a goat yoga team. WTF?!? The first leg started in New York again and went to Iceland. Awesome views to start out.

Looks like some interesting twists are in store for the season. Like swapping partners during the race. Unfortunately, the first team out was the eye candy.

Edited by James Bond
Spelling. Doh!

Goat Yoga team has no chance. Do they even like each other? Any Big Brother watcher shouldn't be surprised that Cody and Jessica shoulda/coulda won the first leg if not for Cody's stubbornness. 

• Like 1

Apparently this will be one fast season. Eleven episodes in just seven weeks. I liked the X-game skiers and the Indy-car drivers. Not sure about the Yale team or the well strung team. For being long time pro athletes, the ballers seemed surprisingly lame.

52 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Apparently this will be one fast season. Eleven episodes in just seven weeks. I liked the X-game skiers and the Indy-car drivers. Not sure about the Yale team or the well strung team. For being long time pro athletes, the ballers seemed surprisingly lame.

In fairness, the activities in this episode didn't exactly play to the strengths they might have. Being 6'7 and 50 years old has its own built in disadvantages. 

My kids were late to the party on this, but really look forward to each season now.  Pulling for Joey Chestnut; against Cody.  No surprise that Cody/Jess already assumed an air of superiority over other teams. 

19 minutes ago, Brony said:

My kids were late to the party on this, but really look forward to each season now.  Pulling for Joey Chestnut; against Cody.  No surprise that Cody/Jess already assumed an air of superiority over other teams. 

You think so? At one point, I know Cody said something about the other teams not being as dumb as he expected and they had their work cut out for them. Although I dont care for the guy, he seemed more palatable here IMO. 

2 hours ago, James Bond said:

Started last night. Anyone watching?  According to Phil (who is sporting no hat and a new windblown haircut), these are the most competitive ravers ever. Former pro athletes, Indy race-car drivers, X-games skiers, professional eaters, former Big Brother contestants, the list go on and on. There is even a goat yoga team. WTF?!? The first leg started in New York again and went to Iceland. Awesome views to start out.

Looks like some interesting twists are in store for the season. Like swapping partners during the race. Unfortunately, the first team out was the eye candy.

How could you leave out mentioning the team of master debaters?

40 minutes ago, Cjw_55106 said:

You think so? At one point, I know Cody said something about the other teams not being as dumb as he expected and they had their work cut out for them. Although I dont care for the guy, he seemed more palatable here IMO. 

It's probably Cody's resting ##### face; but their attitude continues to be their #### don't stink, or that was the vibe I was getting.   

3 hours ago, Cjw_55106 said:

Goat Yoga team has no chance. Do they even like each other? Any Big Brother watcher shouldn't be surprised that Cody and Jessica shoulda/coulda won the first leg if not for Cody's stubbornness. 

My wife and I take a Yoga class together and our teacher always talks about being kind to others. Hearing these 2 talk makes me wonder what kind of yoga classes they teach (how to increase drama?). 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, In The Zone said:

and the chick from Yale.......

........:pickle:

That team is young, smart, and fit. I just wonder if they will mesh with others or come off as aloof. Are they a couple or just friends? FWB?

6 minutes ago, James Bond said:

That team is young, smart, and fit. I just wonder if they will mesh with others or come off as aloof. Are they a couple or just friends? FWB?

I think they are a couple. i don't think they will mesh well at all. We'll see.

34 minutes ago, Cjw_55106 said:

Why do you have to mesh with other teams?

They are obviously book smart, but the fella struggled with the challenge. 

There have been many instances in the past where teams helped other teams they had bonded with, and even more often screwed over the ones they didn't by using a U-Turn or such on them, so it can help to play well with others.

Agree that Goat Yoga team needs to go.  So far I'm rooting for the skiers.  

15 hours ago, BroncoFreak_2K3 said:

Pulling for the racers.

Eyecandy gone already :sadbanana:

Goatyoga are horrible partners. They have no chance.

They spent a lot of time on the goatyoga team. A team that wasn't eliminated. To me very possible they play an important role this season based on screen time to date.

Loved it.  Great episode.  Seeing Ceballos & Marion out there hamming it up was hilarious.  

The boxing girls weren't the only attractive people this season so that's okay.  Great photo finish. 

Miss Iceland . . . HELLO!!  

Loved Phil finally showing up in the credits.  After 30 seasons. 

The Icelandic scenery was jawdropping.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aerial Assault said:

The Icelandic scenery was jawdropping.  

yeah, that definitely put it on my list of places to visit. My wife has a co-worker that went recently and said it was amazing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jamny said:

yeah, that definitely put it on my list of places to visit. My wife has a co-worker that went recently and said it was amazing.

I think a bunch of Game of Thrones scenes were filmed in Iceland too.

On 1/4/2018 at 9:21 AM, Mr. Mojo said:

My wife and I take a Yoga class together and our teacher always talks about being kind to others. Hearing these 2 talk makes me wonder what kind of yoga classes they teach (how to increase drama?). 

Goat Yoga. Goats.

I don't get the feeling that they excel in any portion of their lives.

12 hours ago, NewlyRetired said:

how two young fit girls lost the sprint to the two older hags is amazing.  Drop your damn bags and run.

short legs

The boxing girls weren't really athletes.  They go out between rounds and are there for weigh ins and stuff. They are boxing eye candy and they were Amazing Race eye candy.  It is no surprise they were eliminated early.

I am rooting for the debaters.  Under-rated competition.

One good thing about having professional competitors is that, at least so far, they seem to be good sports. We've seen this before with John Rocker and the other athletes on Survivor and other reality shows. They have sportsmanship. They are just as used to losing as winning. When the basketball player finally figured out the O vs Ó problem, his first reaction was to laugh at himself. That's awesome, and we rarely see it on this show. He didn't blame anyone else, he didn't blame the producers, he didn't say the game was unfair. He was in last place and losing and the first thing he did was laugh about it and say "boy, did I screw that one up, I'm so dumb sometimes". 

I like that attitude, and want more of it than the in-fighting drama we saw from the Goat Herders about who said what to who about what to hurt who's feelings first.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Walking Boot said:

One good thing about having professional competitors is that, at least so far, they seem to be good sports. We've seen this before with John Rocker and the other athletes on Survivor and other reality shows. They have sportsmanship. They are just as used to losing as winning. When the basketball player finally figured out the O vs Ó problem, his first reaction was to laugh at himself. That's awesome, and we rarely see it on this show. He didn't blame anyone else, he didn't blame the producers, he didn't say the game was unfair. He was in last place and losing and the first thing he did was laugh about it and say "boy, did I screw that one up, I'm so dumb sometimes". 

I like that attitude, and want more of it than the in-fighting drama we saw from the Goat Herders about who said what to who about what to hurt who's feelings first.

Hush, she was sleeping

• Like 1

I've seen the head to head challenge before on some of the international editions, but I can't recall it ever being right at the mat for the win. That was harsh. 

But I'm not upset the goat girls are gone. They weren't in the same class as the other teams. 

7 minutes ago, Walking Boot said:

I've seen the head to head challenge before on some of the international editions, but I can't recall it ever being right at the mat for the win. That was harsh. 

But I'm not upset the goat girls are gone. They weren't in the same class as the other teams. 

I agree. Remember the first week when they couldn't even read a map?

6 hours ago, Cjw_55106 said:

Jessica: “We’re going to Amsterdam!”

Cody (correcting her): um...Belgium. 

:bag:

They flew to Amsterdam, then took a train to Belgium, so she was right.  

I would have been pissed if they didn't eliminate them after a half an episode of hand truck races. :thumbdown: 

The basketball guys read the clue saying "will be eliminated" but I'm pretty sure Phil said "may be eliminated"

Was really rooting hard for the Asian guy to win at the end there.

1 hour ago, jamny said:

I would have been pissed if they didn't eliminate them after a half an episode of hand truck races. :thumbdown: 

The basketball guys read the clue saying "will be eliminated" but I'm pretty sure Phil said "may be eliminated"

Me too but mostly because I wanted yoga girls gone. Thought for sure that when he fell on his face right at the end it was going to cost him the win. I trhink the debaters hit the curb of the 1st turn every time but the final try- you'd think after all the practice they had on the course they would have tried something different sooner.

Overall a pretty boring episode.

29 minutes ago, jamny said:

Were you allowed to pull the hand truck. I find pulling much easier to steer.

They didnt say (at least on air). I thought the same thing. 

5 hours ago, jamny said:

I heard both say "will be eliminated". 

I agree it took up too much time in the episode. They should have cut the sequence down. 

Rumor on the twitters is that the Goat Yoga team got to the race three hours ahead of the firefighters, and had to wait for them to finish the diamond task. Ouch.

EDIT: And, apparently, Henry and Evan were sitting around for three hours before Goat Yoga showed up. 

Edited by Walking Boot

In for this season.  

Want to see the BB team make it long enough to the challenge when they wear bathing suit attire (if it was a team of two Jessica’s, we could make it the DD team), then go out in a flaming heap.

Rooting for Ceballos and the Matrix.  Loved how on the flight to Amsterdam they got the exit row seats with more leg room.

On 1/5/2018 at 5:00 AM, jamny said:

Watched last night. Good start.

That Big Brother chick is really cute. :wub:

edit to add pic

thought she was hot before but....... now  :wub:

• Like 2

On 1/10/2018 at 11:37 PM, Walking Boot said:

15 minutes in to the episode they were at the final.... terrible... challenge. that episode was a punt.