What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL Amazing Race 36 Thread - Mostly South America Edition *** (2 Viewers)

I always have mixed feelings when a leg that brutal is an NEL.  Like, good for the last-place team (and I love Ceballos and Marion; glad they soldiered on), but why did we go through all that?  Dunno. Still an enjoyable leg.  Loved Phil's Bourne callout and the Gnomes ziplining.  She's not really my type, but Jessica is really gorgeous.  And Cody was in the Air Force, then became a Marine sniper?  Not something you hear of every day, reality TV or not.  

Evan should have left her tooth chipped. Battle scar

And that had to be the worst the whole group did on the sailing

Those NBAers were really inept. They were constantly getting lost, couldn't follow instructions, sail a boat or even roll Bocci balls.

The teams are a lot friendlier this season. If this episode was last season, we would have wanted Brooke to be placed in the stocks, flogged and then catapulted into a wall.

I really like these teams, this might be the best crop of teams the show has ever had. Not a huge fan of the "head-to-head" being right at the pit stop, it's a bit of a momentum killer and not quite the best way to organize the show, but, all-in-all these teams are fun to watch. No drama, no bickering, no fighting, no backstabbing between teams... it's just a much better show with these teams than usual. 
Yea the head-head sucks IMO.. A team could be hours behind everyone else because they sucked at the "real" challenges and yet continue because they got lucky at the end. :thumbdown:

Last edited by a moderator:
Did I miss that nose ring on Evan before? Just started seeing it this episode and, to me, it didn't look good on her.

Not captivated by this season yet.  Next episode is in Prague, and since I was there in November, I'll be watching.

Not captivated by this season yet.  Next episode is in Prague, and since I was there in November, I'll be watching.
Yeah, I actually like some in-fighting and clashes between teams. These are all pretty boring groups and not very good challenges. Next week has the telephone challenge. Was it one of the Globetrotters that broke down on that one? I would never be able to do that with my tinnitus.

Looking forward to the Prague episode. Beautiful city. We were in the south of France a few years ago. Ate lunch in Saint Tropez right where they played the game with the metal balls and saw that old Roman arena in Arles. I never bothered with the Van Gogh bridge because it's not the actual bridge or in the same location as the painting. Don't get why people go to see it.

Yea the head-head sucks IMO.. A team could be hours behind everyone else because they sucked at the "real" challenges and yet continue because they got lucky at the end. :thumbdown:
Putting the head to head after a non elimination leg wasn't the best of ideas either. Doesn't matter how long the extra task takes they still have a shot at the end to beat another team.

The BB team may have put a target on their back but that's how you use a u-turn. Make sure that someone comes in after you so you stay alive. Too bad for them that the next u-turn is on the next leg. I wonder if it is before or after the team swap.

The BB team may have put a target on their back but that's how you use a u-turn. Make sure that someone comes in after you so you stay alive. Too bad for them that the next u-turn is on the next leg. I wonder if it is before or after the team swap.
I think they have more of a target on them after the girl, for the 2nd time in the last couple legs, "screwed" over another team..

Smart move on her part to get the stamp first, but doing so in a blatant fashion, this time involving two teams, marks you as "NEXT!!!" for all .. :popcorn:

I think they have more of a target on them after the girl, for the 2nd time in the last couple legs, "screwed" over another team..

Smart move on her part to get the stamp first, but doing so in a blatant fashion, this time involving two teams, marks you as "NEXT!!!" for all .. :popcorn:
Did she really purposely give them the wrong word just to get ahead for a couple of minutes? She already had 5 of the 8 words and was willing to work with them.

Curious to see how this “swap” will work - will those be the teams that go to the end or do they somehow “merge” back for the final 3/4.

Or maybe they will do something stupid like having it be a non-elim leg, then merge them back.  I’m fine with the head-to-head stuff (which should be before the roadblock to end the episode rather than ending the episode as previously discussed), but this “swap” thing seems like a turrible gimmick.

I think it's another 2 hour episode so I'm guessing the swap will be early on and won't play too much into the final leg.

Why are they doing these 2 hour episodes? Not going up against the Olympics? Need to finish to start Survivor?

Walking Boot said:
I think, in the international edition I've seen (Canada or Australia?), they split up after one task, run another task paired up, then go back to their normal teams for the third, final task of the leg.
That makes sense.  Still a terrible idea though.

I think it's another 2 hour episode so I'm guessing the swap will be early on and won't play too much into the final leg.

Why are they doing these 2 hour episodes? Not going up against the Olympics? Need to finish to start Survivor?
Need to finish to start Survivor would be my guess

Last edited by a moderator:
Since the topic of Survivor came up, I much prefer Phil as a reality show host to Probst. Phil keeps things light, jokes with the teams and brings the serious face when required. Probst is good at TC and at the Reunion show, but at times during the challenges he is way too serious and intense like they are competing to find a cure for cancer or something. 

Since the topic of Survivor came up, I much prefer Phil as a reality show host to Probst. Phil keeps things light, jokes with the teams and brings the serious face when required. Probst is good at TC and at the Reunion show, but at times during the challenges he is way too serious and intense like they are competing to find a cure for cancer or something. 
Other than at the mat, Phil is mostly a narrator. 

Plus we get to hear him pronounce words like "spa" and "Prague" like spaaah and Praag.
My wife and I mimic him every time he says "spa". 

Funny thing about saying Prague: My son and I were flying to Prague in November and had a layover in Munich, the way the German's said Prague caught us so off guard we laughed every time. I wish I could describe it better, but it was very clipped (as you would expect in German) like PROG! with a long O.  Maybe we were just punch drunk from the long flight.

Apparently, there will be double episodes for the next three weeks and it's done. So probably the team swapping happens in the first hour this week (NEL?) and the double U-turn in the second hour.

I can feel it. The two BB crybabies will be the last to arrive and it will not be an elimination episode. 

James Bond said:
It's official. None of these teams can sing and dance. #pathetic
Every other season they have a challenge like this just to trip up the white teams. :D

Too bad Team Ocean Rescue lost that passport. They had absolutely no chance to compete in Bahrain. I thought that the non-elimination was pretty obvious since there were two legs left. Should be an interesting finish. All four of the remaining teams are good enough to win. Team Yale will get no help from anyone though. I like the chances of Team Extreme. 

Not the team I wanted to win but at least that annoying Yale team didn't win. I was sorry to see team Indy get eliminated at four. Would have liked to see them in the final three. It was a pretty close and competitive season.

The best 3 teams made it to the final and the teams were much nicer, overall this season.

I still would have liked to see Kristi&Jen win.

If only that shrill harpy Evan could have been the one to blow it for her team. 

I'm sure she'll never let HEN hear the end of it. 
Well she was the one that got them so far behind at the bridge climb. That put them behind until the very end. I'm sure she never let Henry forget that he had the correct configuration of the plane but then changed it to the wrong one without asking for a check. Must be something about an ivy league education. Or debate. Or both.

I was rooting for team Yale.  It is the clearly the team I identified with the most.

Evan is extremely good at memorizing and noticing details.  It is shocking that they did not save Evan for the final challenge that always involves memory of the places they have been.  And Henry would have almost certainly been better at scaling the wall.

Mr. Mojo said:
The best 3 teams made it to the final and the teams were much nicer, overall this season.

I still would have liked to see Kristi&Jen win.
Yes, there weren't any unlikable people except the goat yoga dopes and Evan.

As a lifelong fan of the show, I watched the 1st 2 episodes and then bowed out.

I find myself doing the same thing with Big Brother this season.

I have always liked when Survivor bring back people we know.

Would it be fair to say that he was HEN pecked? Funny that he finally told her to shut up, although not in as strong a way. Love to see him realize that he had it. Hard to live with that.

Thought it was funny when the one team extreme called the fortunes in the cookies clues.

Looks like they were generous with Jessica's fortune cookies. They all looked like a mess. Glad they won though.

Very good season.

As a lifelong fan of the show, I watched the 1st 2 episodes and then bowed out.

I find myself doing the same thing with Big Brother this season.

I have always liked when Survivor bring back people we know.
Whew. I was wondering if you watched the whole season.

Users who are viewing this thread