What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL Amazing Race 36 Thread - Mostly South America Edition *** (1 Viewer)

I wound up watching the finale about 3 weeks after it aired.  Still hate Jessica and Cody.  Anything that ever goes wrong is someone else's fault because their #### don't stink.  They got lucky that Henry didn't ask for a check once having the last puzzle complete before Jessica.  Congrats.

I started watching Amazing Race around Season 7, I think. When Rob and Amber from Survivor were first on. My wife started watching with me probably around season 12 or so.  We just started watching from season 1 on Hulu, just finished it, and just started season 2. They learned a lot and improved on a lot from S1 to S2. Quality of camerawork, timing of participants, changing the flags from yellow and white to yellow and red (much more visible) Phil was only at the mat for the last place team in S1, right there from Team #1 in S2 and they have a budget to give Team #1 a prize. It was fun watching S1 because no one knew anything about the show.

I started watching Amazing Race around Season 7, I think. When Rob and Amber from Survivor were first on. My wife started watching with me probably around season 12 or so.  We just started watching from season 1 on Hulu, just finished it, and just started season 2. They learned a lot and improved on a lot from S1 to S2. Quality of camerawork, timing of participants, changing the flags from yellow and white to yellow and red (much more visible) Phil was only at the mat for the last place team in S1, right there from Team #1 in S2 and they have a budget to give Team #1 a prize. It was fun watching S1 because no one knew anything about the show.
I've started doing the same. I think I'm on season 9 now. Man, there are a lot of dirtbags on this show. I really believe AR is the most stressful show (not necessarily the most difficult) compared to Big Brother and Survivor.

The new season (when ever it airs) I believe is suppose to be an all reality version.  Only contestants from AR, Survivor, Big Brother etc

NewlyRetired said:
The new season (when ever it airs) I believe is suppose to be an all reality version.  Only contestants from AR, Survivor, Big Brother etc
Should be interesting. Hopefully no Rob and Ambaa.

I've started doing the same. I think I'm on season 9 now. Man, there are a lot of dirtbags on this show. I really believe AR is the most stressful show (not necessarily the most difficult) compared to Big Brother and Survivor.
Season 2 was really entertaining, especially with Tara and Will, the first fighting couple on the show. And a race to the finish line to end it! I wonder if Tara is with that one guy that she was flirting with the whole race. Will was a ##### but Tara egged him on a lot. Fun season.

On season 3 now, halfway through. Not as good as 2 but still enjoying it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Season 2 was really entertaining, especially with Tara and Will, the first fighting couple on the show. And a race to the finish line to end it! I wonder if Tara is with that one guy that she was flirting with the whole race. Will was a ##### but Tara egged him on a lot. Fun season.

On season 3 now, halfway through. Not as good as 2 but still enjoying it.
Best finish ever. And Will was such a tool.

Season 6 is still my favorite.

Finished season 3. OMG!

I've watched since about season 7 so I've seen most of them and Flo was probably the worst contestant ever. I can't believe she won.

A little wiki search says: Flo and Drew got together romantically and dated for several years after the race ended. They declined to race in the All-Stars because Flo thought the race brought out the worst in her, and also because she did not want to do the race without Zach (who was not asked to join All Stars). Flo is now Dan Abrams's girlfriend and the couple announced in January 2012 that they were expecting their first child. 

Due to the terrible ratings of Million Dollar Mile, CBS moved up season 31 to start next Wednesday, April 17. The eleven teams are former Survivor, Amazing Race, and Big Brother teams.

From Survivor:

Chris Hammons and Bret LaBelle, friends, finished 11th and 5th respectively on Millennials vs. Gen X
Corinne Kaplan and Eliza Orlins, friends, Corinne finished 7th on Gabon and 12th on Caramoan, Eliza finished 4th on Vanuatu and 10th on Micronesia
Rupert and Laura Boneham, married, Rupert finished 8th on Pearl Islands, 4th on All Stars, 6th on Heroes vs. Villains, and 20th on Blood vs. Water, Laura finished 12th on Blood vs. Water

From The Amazing Race:

Arturo "Art" Velez and John James "J. J." Carrell, United States Border Patrol agents and friends, finished 2nd on Season 20
Colin Guinn and Christie Woods, life partners (dating in Season 5), finished 2nd on Season 5
Leo Temory and Jamal Zadran, cousins, finished 4th on Season 23 and Season 24
Rebecca "Becca" Droz and Floyd Pierce, friends, finished 5th on Season 29
Tyler Oakley and Korey Kuhl, YouTubers and friends, finished 3rd on Season 28

From Big Brother:

Janelle Pierzina and Britney Haynes, friends, Janelle finished 3rd on Big Brother 6 and Big Brother 7 and 12th on Big Brother 14, Britney finished 4th on Big Brother 12 and 8th on Big Brother 14
Nicole Franzel and Victor Arroyo, dating, Nicole finished 7th on Big Brother 16 and 1st on Big Brother 18, Victor finished 5th on Big Brother 18
Rachel Reilly and Elissa Slater, sisters, Rachel finished 9th on Big Brother 12 and 1st on Big Brother 13 (Rachel also previously competed with husband Brendon Villegas on The Amazing Race and finished 3rd on both Season 20 and Season 24), Elissa finished 6th on Big Brother 15

Ugh, just noticed this got moved up. We just started watching season 5, 3 episodes in. I figured we'd get this one in before the new one. I knew it was in May. Probably have to wait on the new season now    :angry:

Already have a headache thinking about Tyler Oakley and Rachel BB laughing at the same time. 

Already have a headache thinking about Tyler Oakley and Rachel BB laughing at the same time. 
I watched her season of BB since I knew one of guys on that season, can't stand her and her need to yell at the screen when she talks.  Turned off her seasons on AR early because of her.

Nicole Franzel and Victor Arroyo, dating, Nicole finished 7th on Big Brother 16 and 1st on Big Brother 18, Victor finished 5th on Big Brother 18
Not to nerdify this thread more than it already is... but I believe Nicole and Victor are engaged.

Too bad they had a non-elimination so early. Bret and Chris really should have been eliminated. At least they didn't try to do the dance as many times as the Afghanimals.
I'm still laughing about the Whiner Sisters bragging about their vast cheerleading experience then taking about 28 tries do do the dance.  :lmao:

I was wondering if there was going to be a catfight on the Welcome Mat. 

I also didn't know if Elissa's lips would fit in the bicycle helmet for the scooter challenge.

A second non-elimination already? Too bad. Rachel and Elissa were ripe for elimination. At least the second show guaranteed that one of the plastic teams would be gone. Just too bad that it was Janelle and Britney.  

And now a third non-elimination leg. They must really want to keep these teams around. It will be interesting to see who gets voted for the U-turn. Someone with bad plastic surgery maybe?

And now a third non-elimination leg. They must really want to keep these teams around. It will be interesting to see who gets voted for the U-turn. Someone with bad plastic surgery maybe?
They did make a big deal about Rachel possibly setting a new record, so hopefully that is a curse for her. Especially with a voting U Turn.  :D

LOL at the typical Rachel hate.  Soooo original.  Having met her in person, she's actually one of the nicest and most genuine people around.  She just plays reality shows in a competitive way.  And it was Victor who wouldn't let things go in the latest episode and came off like an aggressive dudebro talking down to (and over) women  (including his fiancée).  

Oh wow. I forgot this was on due to the time change and I flipped it over as a few teams were on the mat. Rachel looked pretty pissed. I'm gonna have to go back and re watch for the drama. 

LOL at the typical Rachel hate.  Soooo original.  Having met her in person, she's actually one of the nicest and most genuine people around.  She just plays reality shows in a competitive way.  And it was Victor who wouldn't let things go in the latest episode and came off like an aggressive dudebro talking down to (and over) women  (including his fiancée).  
I hope that she is different in person.

Otherwise she would be a whiny, self absorbed, irritating, obnoxious, phony, malicious, b***h.

Apparently, someone at CBS agrees with AA since they keep inviting her back. But it just isn't the viewers that don't like her, it's the other teams too. She is whiny and b*tchy, that's almost her trademark. She doesn't have to be perceived that way but it makes for good drama so she keeps it up. If she wanted to change that perception, she could. Just look at Colin. He was a grade A ##### during season 5 and he is totally different now. She is obsessed with the U-turns. She's used one every season that she's been in. This season she used one on the second leg for no good reason. Now she can't use another one and she feels like she is likely to get U-turned herself. She's probably right. It will be interesting to see what happens with this voting U-turn next week. 

Well, nice or not, the Reilly sisters won't be racing anymore. I would observe that Rachel did much better with Brendon than she did with her sister. I still don't understand her logic in chastising other teams for U-turning them and then trying to get those teams to help her.

So, you know Rachel IRL or have met her a few times? I don't think this is a question of editing or her being in "game mode" causing a misrepresentation of Rachel. Her own sister was trying to stop her from making certain comments (something like "your brand is watching"), so who would know Rachel and her tendencies better than her own Sister?

I didn't find Rachel so bad this season, and her sister seemed nice enough.  The only time she irritated me was last week with the Victor/Nicole stuff.  That said, with them out, I'm perfectly happy with any of the remaining teams winning.  I don't remember another season with so many likable teams.*  It's nice!

*ETA:  I liked the Afghanimals a lot more before than I do in this season, so maybe I'd eliminate them from my "likable" group.

Well, nice or not, the Reilly sisters won't be racing anymore. I would observe that Rachel did much better with Brendon than she did with her sister. I still don't understand her logic in chastising other teams for U-turning them and then trying to get those teams to help her.
So glad they’re out. Rachel’s sister seems nice (needed to hold off a bit on the lip injections), but I’m glad Rachel is gone. Terrible game play by her. So shallow and easy to see through but I’m sure she believes it. No one liked them (more her) and the way they tried to get people to like them was so disingenuous that I’m not surprised that it didn’t work. 

I didn't find Rachel so bad this season, and her sister seemed nice enough.  The only time she irritated me was last week with the Victor/Nicole stuff.  That said, with them out, I'm perfectly happy with any of the remaining teams winning.  I don't remember another season with so many likable teams.*  It's nice!

*ETA:  I liked the Afghanimals a lot more before than I do in this season, so maybe I'd eliminate them from my "likable" group.
That's interesting.  We never liked Leo & Jamal much in previous seasons but we think they've been very affable this time out.  Go figure. 😊  I don't have a problem with anyone remaining winning either, though, even though I thought Chris & Brett (Bret?) came off a bit poorly with the U-turn decision.  But not massively so.  Good on Rachel and Elissa for a solid race and a low-key classy exit.   Meanwhile, Colin & Christie and Tyler & Korey are some really impressive racers.  We're enjoying the heck out of this season.  I hope CBS renews it.  So much better than Survivor, and we really like Survivor.  

So, you know Rachel IRL or have met her a few times? I don't think this is a question of editing or her being in "game mode" causing a misrepresentation of Rachel. Her own sister was trying to stop her from making certain comments (something like "your brand is watching"), so who would know Rachel and her tendencies better than her own Sister?
I’m sure she’s nicer IRL but that’s not all editing. The fact that she was legitimately shocked that they were chosen is an amazing lack of self awareness and then for her to continue to chastise the one team who is on your level is comical. U-turning a good team is often not a smart move. Colin and Christie finished 3rd even with the U-turn. The guys U-turned a team that was likely challenging them to lose.

That's interesting.  We never liked Leo & Jamal much in previous seasons but we think they've been very affable this time out.  Go figure. 😊  I don't have a problem with anyone remaining winning either, though, even though I thought Chris & Brett (Bret?) came off a bit poorly with the U-turn decision.  But not massively so.  Good on Rachel and Elissa for a solid race and a low-key classy exit.   Meanwhile, Colin & Christie and Tyler & Korey are some really impressive racers.  We're enjoying the heck out of this season.  I hope CBS renews it.  So much better than Survivor, and we really like Survivor.  
Agree, it’s a great season.  Other than the first few teams out (the two other Survivor teams were awful), lots of solid racers, too.  

As an aside, over the years I’ve visited a number of places due to seeing them on AR episodes.  I am NOT putting Uganda on my list.  That looked horrible.  Nice that they got a lot of time in Switzerland now to make up for it.

Enjoying this season too. Rachel's a bit of a psycho but I think she's probably a decent person and I liked her sister. She was always trying to be a calming influence. We keep waiting for Colin to snap but it doesn't look like it'll happen. Good for him. We just watched their first season recently. Watching S6 now.

Did anyone else notice they didn't show the 2 big dudes (forget their names) ziplining in Dubai? They showed all the other teams doing it. Wonder if there was a weight limit.

Afghanimals are a little more annoying this time but still ok. I don't really care much for the Big Brother couple but don't hate them. I like all teams left but probably rooting for Colin and Christie and Team Fun.

Love seeing Switzerland since we're going in August. I think it was S4 that went there too, doing almost the exact trip we'll be doing.

Speaking of Season 6, Jonathan is one of the most vile people I've ever seen. Verbally and physically abusive to his girlfriend, just a horrible human being. God, I hate that guy. No spoilers please but he better not win. No one would convict her if she killed him. They would just need to show the season to the jury.

Agree, it’s a great season.  Other than the first few teams out (the two other Survivor teams were awful), lots of solid racers, too.  

As an aside, over the years I’ve visited a number of places due to seeing them on AR episodes.  I am NOT putting Uganda on my list.  That looked horrible.  Nice that they got a lot of time in Switzerland now to make up for it.
Cool, us too as far as some of the locations, and of course it's also cool to see them go where you might have been lucky enough to go.  One that jumps straight to mind is that we were in Fussen to see Neuschwanstein Castle a year or so before they were.  I still remember a big guy and his girlfriend (Ralph & Vanessa maybe?) arguing on the steep walk up and us remembering that yeah, that walk could generate an argument.   I am eager to see Croatia next week if I heard Phil correctly.  

Copy that on Uganda, which I found mostly sad except that I have heard that Lake Victoria is impressive.  One thing that did grab my attention was the brief shot of the sign outside the entrance to Entebbe Airport, which startled me into remembering (reading about) Operation Thunderbolt.  I hadn't thought about that in a long time.  The IDF does not really fool around.   

Cool, us too as far as some of the locations, and of course it's also cool to see them go where you might have been lucky enough to go.  
Good point!  Earlier this season they fed the monks on the street in Laos, which we had done and I’d forgotten about, so it was cool to see and remember what a great experience that had been.  This season has been a big bunch of memories for me, as I’ve been to all these places...other than Uganda.

That was one of my favorite TAR episodes in a while.  Flight drama instead of everyone being on the same plane, changes in the order, two really challenging detours without an immediately obvious choice as to which was best, a good roadblock (massive kudos to Floyd for getting it solo as opposed to cooperatively, and on what I believe was the first shot) and a triple-switch (unprecedented or very lightly precedented?) on the detour by Chris and Bret.  I loved the Dalmatians at the mat especially and the monks in the wall too.  Croatia's Adriatic coast looked pretty nice.    

That was one of my favorite TAR episodes in a while.  Flight drama instead of everyone being on the same plane, changes in the order, two really challenging detours without an immediately obvious choice as to which was best, a good roadblock (massive kudos to Floyd for getting it solo as opposed to cooperatively, and on what I believe was the first shot) and a triple-switch (unprecedented or very lightly precedented?) on the detour by Chris and Bret.  I loved the Dalmatians at the mat especially and the monks in the wall too.  Croatia's Adriatic coast looked pretty nice.    
Floyd is a looking like an MVP type player. can do all sorts of challenges...music, dance, memory, physical. add in that he seems like a genuinely nice guy and is always smiling. pretty much the same with Becca, although she is slightly more annoying. either way, I'm pulling for Team Fun.

I am amazed that Chris and Bret switched so many times. Awful.

Probably the weakest team at this point. Bret and Chris were lucky just to be a there after that Vietnam leg. They get to the detouir first and then get eliminated anyway?!? Looked sort of like Maria and Tiffany in season 15.

I am amazed that Chris and Bret switched so many times. Awful.
It was. WTF did they think the yellow bouys were there for anyway? Why not just try near one of them. They said they spent hours there. I can’t imagine it would really be that hard so go look a little harder in other places. No one had done that leg so there would have been at least 7 of everything and probably more.

Speaking of Season 6, Jonathan is one of the most vile people I've ever seen. Verbally and physically abusive to his girlfriend, just a horrible human being. God, I hate that guy. No spoilers please but he better not win. No one would convict her if she killed him. They would just need to show the season to the jury.
I remember reading that the producers told Jonathan to cool it or they were going to take action against him. He was a complete tool and we all felt sorry for Victoria.

Nicole is sure getting whiny. Maybe it's the cumulative result of not enough sleep and the overall stress of the race?

Users who are viewing this thread