What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeff Triplette Retiring (1 Viewer)

I heard they are replacing him with a mannequin. Will do the same amount of work and only cost a fraction of the money. 

Do you think the NFL is embarrassed enough by the officiating this year, including the post-season, that we'll see some sensible changes made in the off season for next year, or . . . . .

are we going to have to wait for all of these clowns to retire?

He's the guy that blinded Orlando Brown??? 

Oh my God. Remember when everyone hated Orlando Brown for his reaction to being blinded? Holy criminy. What a loser this guy is...

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you think the NFL is embarrassed enough by the officiating this year, including the post-season, that we'll see some sensible changes made in the off season for next year, or . . . . .

are we going to have to wait for all of these clowns to retire?
They tried and 90% of you pitched a fit

They tried what?

Calling a catch a catch?

Not calling a QB sack/fumble forward progress?

Spotting the ball correctly?

I don't recall pitching a fit to any of these things.
Telling the Ref union that it’s a full time job and getting replacement refs. The media and then public sided with these crappy part time refs over the league.  You now reap the rewards. 

Telling the Ref union that it’s a full time job and getting replacement refs. The media and then public sided with these crappy part time refs over the league.  You now reap the rewards. 
Revisionist history. How do you not remember the Green Bay game with the simulataneous TD/incomplete call.

Revisionist history. How do you not remember the Green Bay game with the simulataneous TD/incomplete call.
I do and I along with a handful of others here were fully supporting taking the temporary step backwards for the greater good. There’s a thread here with the discussion

I do and I along with a handful of others here were fully supporting taking the temporary step backwards for the greater good. There’s a thread here with the discussion
I’m not educated enough on the situation. All I know is that the replacements were basically high school level and while Triplette was garbage many of the problems stem from the league creating new and vague rules, overuse of replay or misuse of replay. I’d be open to hear what would have been the solution to many of the league’s current referee issues. 

I do too and I didn't care about the outcome of that game. Golden Tate made a great play, and those bozos messed it up. 

Good on you, BassNBrew. 

I was never in support of hiring those guys back. There's a utile concern instead of each game as some singular sanctified entity.  

Media hysteria over a nationally televised game got these guys back when they were clearly incompetent. Sandy Alderson and MLB did a much better job of holding these unionists accountable.  

Jeff Tripplette was terrible, but Al Riveron is doing much more damage to the league.  His miasma of incompetence hangs over literally every game.

Users who are viewing this thread