What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Deez Nuts (1 Viewer)

Ray Karpis

Footballguy
My two teen/preteen boys are shoe-obsessed. Pretty much the only thing on their Christmas lists was shoes. One of the big asks on my 10-year-old's list was a custom pair of NikeID shoes. He convinced his grandma to get those for him, so earlier in December he started  designing them to get them ordered before Christmas. 

On a Sunday afternoon in mid-December we were eating lunch at my mom's house when he finally decided to place the order. He was designing them on her laptop, so she gave him the credit card info to put in and place the order. I briefly glanced at what he designed, and generally approved, so I wasn't paying that close attention. 

About 45 minutes after he placed the order, he came running into the kitchen saying there was a problem.

Son: "Dad, we need to cancel that order...we need to cancel it...I ordered the wrong pair."

Me: "What do you mean...how is it the wrong pair?"

Son: "Well, I was just messing around and made a few different pairs. I accidentally put the wrong pair in the cart when I ordered."

Me: "Ok...???"

Son: "I made one pair as a joke...it said 'deez nuts' on the back."

At which point various reactions erupt around the room. My corruptive dad...hysterical laughter. Mrs. K...embarrassed anger. Me...very much straddling the fence of irritation and bemusement. :lmao:

To move this along...I get on the customer service line with Nike to cancel the order. I tell the guy I need to cancel an order and give him the order number. "I'm sorry, orders have to be cancelled in the first 30 minutes...this was about an hour ago...what's the problem?"

I tell him the "deez nuts" story and he breaks into maniacal laughter...he tells me to hang on, and I can hear him doing the "hey, listen to this..." as he puts me on hold.

After a minute or two, he gets back on and tells me it's not a problem. It seems the phrase would not have been approved anyway because it violates the customer ID policy. So he confirms the order will be canceled and tells me to simply get on and place a new order. 

My mom got an email confirming the cancellation a few minutes later, and we proceeded to reorder the shoes without any customization on the back.

Pretty funny little story even if it ends there.

Fast forward to a few days ago...the shoes finally arrive. Open the box...and...GOT 'EM!!!

:lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
THAT is awesome - when those shoes are worn out and don't fit, whatever,... you set those aside in the box of other things you keep from your kid's childhood

THAT is awesome - when those shoes are worn out and don't fit, whatever,... you set those aside in the box of other things you keep from your kid's childhood
I agree. My wife's first reaction was to send them back and get the right pair. There is no way I'm sending those shoes back!

My two teen/preteen boys are shoe-obsessed. Pretty much the only thing on their Christmas lists was shoes. One of the big asks on my 10-year-old's list was a custom pair of NikeID shoes. He convinced his grandma to get those for him, so earlier in December he started  designing them to get them ordered before Christmas. 

On a Sunday afternoon in mid-December we were eating lunch at my mom's house when he finally decided to place the order. He was designing them on her laptop, so she gave him the credit card info to put in and place the order. I briefly glanced at what he designed, and generally approved, so I wasn't paying that close attention. 

About 45 minutes after he placed the order, he came running into the kitchen saying there was a problem.

Son: "Dad, we need to cancel that order...we need to cancel it...I ordered the wrong pair."

Me: "What do you mean...how is it the wrong pair?"

Son: "Well, I was just messing around and made a few different pairs. I accidentally put the wrong pair in the cart when I ordered."

Me: "Ok...???"

Son: "I made one pair as a joke...it said 'deez nuts' on the back."

At which point various reactions erupt around the room. My corruptive dad...hysterical laughter. Mrs. K...embarrassed anger. Me...very much straddling the fence of irritation and bemusement. :lmao:

To move this along...I get on the customer service line with Nike to cancel the order. I tell the guy I need to cancel an order and give him the order number. "I'm sorry, orders have to be cancelled in the first 30 minutes...this was about an hour ago...what's the problem?"

I tell him the "deez nuts" story and he breaks into maniacal laughter...he tells me to hang on, and I can hear him doing the "hey, listen to this..." as he puts me on hold.

After a minute or two, he gets back on and tells me it's not a problem. It seems the phrase would not have been approved anyway because it violates the customer ID policy. So he confirms the order will be canceled and tells me to simply get on and place a new order. 

My mom got an email confirming the cancellation a few minutes later, and we proceeded to reorder the shoes without any customization on the back.

Pretty funny little story even if it ends there.

Fast forward to a few days ago...the shoes finally arrive. Open the box...and...GOT 'EM!!!

:lmao: :lmao:

lmfao.

does your son know about bofa?

If you ever encounter the username BofaDeezNutz while engaging in smartphone-based gaming... it’s probably not me, but not guaranteed.  

This may or may not elevated me to hero status with my teenage nephew on a smartphone trivia app a while back.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:  #### that is awesome!  I take it back, this world absolutely does NOT need a global catastrophe!

I don't think I've ever read such a heartwarming story. So happy for the entire Karpis family. I had a many wonderful days as a yute, but certainly nothing that ever approached the glory your son had to feel that day. 

Get your other boy a pair of shoes with "Suck" and "On".  If not allowed, "Bo" "Fa" would be fine too.  Then put them together, obviously.

How long before he gets sent home from school?
That's the rub...I'm not letting him wear them to school...there would be a riot at the elementary school. Can't sport those down at the church house either.

Think the compromise may be a small, discrete strip of blue tape over the words.

Users who are viewing this thread