Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
squistion

Donald Trump Tweets Thread

Just now, TobiasFunke said:

Sure, but even that seems like a bad idea.  I'm sure Sanders will get questions about it now, and maybe other Republicans will as well.  Plus if anyone outside his base reads it it's a bad look for both Trump and his base (they harassed this poor woman, of course). 

He got away with the sexual assaults already. Unless Zervos' lawsuit gets past the motion to dismiss stage he can probably ignore the issue until the 2020 campaign. He's in the clear, why turn back and fight some more? Obviously he's a repulsive human being and a moron, but the decision to tweet about this particular article seems odd even for a repulsive moron. My guess is he didn't read the article.

He just seems incapable of not tweeting about news that is negative towards himself.  

1 hour ago, TobiasFunke said:

I know there's rarely any strategy behind Trump tweets, but this one seems particularly stupid.  The article in question is exceptionally well done. One of the primary arguments I hear in defense of Trump is that simply trying to kiss someone isn't a big deal.  The article makes a pretty solid case that it was a big deal in this case: he was 59, owned the building in which she worked and did business with her employer, she was 22 and had only kissed one man in her life. And he didn't just lean in for a kiss, he grabbed her and wouldn't let her move for two minutes. Any victim of sexual misconduct deserves sympathy, but the article really plays up the "innocent young girl vs powerful older man" angle and explains why how the incident changed the course of her life. Why would you want to draw people's attention to the article?  I assume he's either irrational or is just betting his base won't bother to read the article itself?

He wants his base to read the headline, dismiss it, and be another point in favor of the biased MSM against Trump.

He has to keep heaping coal on the fire of his base, and pointing out "unfair" articles like this one keeps the base riled up and a "See, didn't I tell you they were bad" kinda way.  

By pointing to this article, he throws red meat to his base and basically inoculates him from anyone who supports him believing it.

3 hours ago, squistion said:

Sounds a bit worried, doesn't he?

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 38m38 minutes ago

A woman I don’t know and, to the best of my knowledge, never met, is on the FRONT PAGE of the Fake News Washington Post saying I kissed her (for two minutes yet) in the lobby of Trump Tower 12 years ago. Never happened! Who would do this in a public space with live security......

....cameras running. Another False Accusation. Why doesn’t @washingtonpost report the story of the women taking money to make up stories about me? One had her home mortgage paid off. Only @FoxNews so reported...doesn’t

The reply from said woman:

Rachel Crooks for Ohio‏ @RachelforOhio 3h3 hours ago

Please, by all means, share the footage from the hallway outside the 24th floor residential elevator bank on the morning of January 11, 2006. Let’s clear this up for everyone. It’s liars like you in politics that have prompted me to run for office myself.

With a link to her fundraising page.  

Why bring up the security camera thing? That's the most baffling part of his tweet. Even if he wanted to take a swipe at her, there's no reason to raise that particular angle. She didn't bring it up. And once you do you have to know the follow-up is coming, not just from Crooks but from the media as well.

Unless he genuinely thinks he didn't do it, which seems impossible to believe but he is certainly delusional.

2 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

Why bring up the security camera thing? That's the most baffling part of his tweet. Even if he wanted to take a swipe at her, there's no reason to raise that particular angle. She didn't bring it up. And once you do you have to know the follow-up is coming, not just from Crooks but from the media as well.

Unless he genuinely thinks he didn't do it, which seems impossible to believe but he is certainly delusional.

It's part of his lying MO.  He references fictional evidence that should exonerate him, but that are never delivered. 

He's done it more times than I can remember.  References to tapes between Comey and Trump, to shut Comey down. References to proof that the sexual assault folks are lying, only to never deliver.  Says he's a germaphobe so the pee tape stuff couldn't possibly be true.  He's going to divest from his business, look at all these stacks of papers and folders!  

He's always building frames for these accusations and saying he's later going to put pictures in them that will show he's innocent, except all we're left with are a ton of empty frames, or frames with stick figures drawn by 4 year olds saying "INOSENTS PRUF!"

• Like 2

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 1h1 hour ago

Main Street is BOOMING thanks to our incredible TAX CUT and Reform law. "This shows small-business owners are more than just optimistic, they are ready to grow their businesses."

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/20/small-business-confidence-hits-record-in-2018-after-tax-reform-win.html

15 hours ago, TobiasFunke said:

The reply from said woman:

With a link to her fundraising page.  

Because he knows there's no way security cam footage will be kept for 12 years.  It's safe to say "I'd have had to be an idiot to do that in front of security cams" if you know that footage won't be found.  Of course, the fact that he's exactly the kind of idiot who would brag on tape about what parts of the female anatomy he likes to grab means that argument isn't exactly persuasive.

Edited by apalmer
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, squistion said:

...Why doesn’t @washingtonpost report the story of the women taking money to make up stories about me? One had her home mortgage paid off. Only @FoxNews so reported...doesn’t

Anyone know what Captain Orange Fantastic is referring to here?

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

10 minutes ago, badmojo1006 said:

I just hear him talking like Bluto in Animal House.

Scalia, he's a dead man!

Anita Bryant, dead!

Billy Graham...

Edited by badmojo1006

5 hours ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

He needed a second session to get it right. :D

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 5h5 hours ago

Question: If all of the Russian meddling took place during the Obama Administration, right up to January 20th, why aren’t they the subject of the investigation? Why didn’t Obama do something about the meddling? Why aren’t Dem crimes under investigation? Ask Jeff Sessions!

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 1h1 hour ago

What many people don’t understand, or don’t want to understand, is that Wayne, Chris and the folks who work so hard at the @NRA are Great People and Great American Patriots. They love our Country and will do the right thing. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

I never said give teachers guns, that is total fake news.  I just said it would be a great idea for many of them to have guns in the classroom:

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 3h3 hours ago

I never said “give teachers guns” like was stated on Fake News @CNN & @NBC. What I said was to look at the possibility of giving “concealed guns to gun adept teachers with military or special training experience - only the best. 20% of teachers, a lot, would now be able to

....immediately fire back if a savage sicko came to a school with bad intentions. Highly trained teachers would also serve as a deterrent to the cowards that do this. Far more assets at much less cost than guards. A “gun free” school is a magnet for bad people. ATTACKS WOULD END!

....History shows that a school shooting lasts, on average, 3 minutes. It takes police & first responders approximately 5 to 8 minutes to get to site of crime. Highly trained, gun adept, teachers/coaches would solve the problem instantly, before police arrive. GREAT DETERRENT!

....If a potential “sicko shooter” knows that a school has a large number of very weapons talented teachers (and others) who will be instantly shooting, the sicko will NEVER attack that school. Cowards won’t go there...problem solved. Must be offensive, defense alone won’t work!

Edited by Slapdash

On 2/20/2018 at 10:56 AM, squistion said:

Let's bring up Hillary again...

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 3h3 hours ago

There is no serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even rig America’s elections, there’s no evidence that that has happened in the past or that it will happen this time, and so I’d invite Mr. Trump to stop whining and make his case to get votes.” .....

....The President Obama quote just before election. That’s because he thought Crooked Hillary was going to win and he didn’t want to “rock the boat.” When I easily won the Electoral College, the whole game changed and the Russian excuse became the narrative of the Dems.

This quote from Obama hasn't gotten ANY play in here at all.

Noone wants to comment ?

1 hour ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Noone wants to comment ?

Sure, I will. This is why “rig the election” has always been the wrong way to express what happened in this. “Hack” isn’t even right with the exception of the voter roll hacking and the DNC/Podesta hack.  It was a foreign disinformation/propaganda campaign with some illegal acts thrown in to steal documents and provide them in as damaging a way as possible to the public.  That’s not rigging, that’s committing crimes to sway an election. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Noone wants to comment ?

Uhhh, he's right?

As he usually is.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Noone wants to comment ?

First, I miss having a sane and competent President.

Secondly, it’s important to understand the context of the “rigging” Obama was referring to. At the time, Donald Trump was accusing Hillary Clinton every day on the campaign trail of “rigging” the election, which was largely interpreted as the Democrats getting illegal votes in most part from immigrants, but it was largely a meme that Trump was pushing every day on the trail, that Hillary was “rigging” the election, and that’s what Obama was referring to. What Obama underestimated was how many Aunt Millie’s in Michigan and Uncle Willie’s in Wisconsin would join Facebook and believe the absolute crap that was being peddled there. But that’s not “rigging” the election, and considering that this all happened just a few months ago, basically anyone should be able to remember what actually happened and what Obama meant at the time.

6 minutes ago, Grace Under Pressure said:

First, I miss having a sane and competent President.

Secondly, it’s important to understand the context of the “rigging” Obama was referring to. At the time, Donald Trump was accusing Hillary Clinton every day on the campaign trail of “rigging” the election, which was largely interpreted as the Democrats getting illegal votes in most part from immigrants, but it was largely a meme that Trump was pushing every day on the trail, that Hillary was “rigging” the election, and that’s what Obama was referring to. What Obama underestimated was how many Aunt Millie’s in Michigan and Uncle Willie’s in Wisconsin would join Facebook and believe the absolute crap that was being peddled there. But that’s not “rigging” the election, and considering that this all happened just a few months ago, basically anyone should be able to remember what actually happened and what Obama meant at the time.

Being critical thinkers is not some folks strong point, nor is it DJT's. He and his supporters would rather be told what to think/say. Besides, none of that fits the narrative DJT and his supporters want to push.

• Like 1

Cute. Care to comment on the rest of the sentence you clipped.....? You know, the part where I accuse DJT of having no critical thinking slills either.....

On second thought, nah, please don't bother.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ruffrodys05 said:

Cute. Care to comment on the rest of the sentence you clipped.....? You know, the part where I accuse DJT of having no critical thinking slills either.....

On second thought, nah, please don't bother.

In Rambling Wreck's defense, that is basically his only reply. He doesn't do well when asked to form thoughts.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

In Rambling Wreck's defense, that is basically his only reply. He doesn't do well when asked to form thoughts.

Oooh the iToughGuy tries to insult me again.  And then just told some other guy to get smarter.  Your entire persona on two different forums to insult those that disagree with you.  Plenty of people would engage in conversation around here if the conversation wasn't always insults and snarky replies every single day in every single topic.  So carry on insulting me while I laugh at you guys passive aggressive nonsense.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Oooh the iToughGuy tries to insult me again.  And then just told some other guy to get smarter.  Your entire persona on two different forums to insult those that disagree with you.  Plenty of people would engage in conversation around here if the conversation wasn't always insults and snarky replies every single day in every single topic.  So carry on insulting me while I laugh at you guys passive aggressive nonsense.

:lmao:

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Ruffrodys05 said:

Being critical thinkers is not some folks strong point, nor is it DJT's. He and his supporters would rather be told what to think/say. Besides, none of that fits the narrative DJT and his supporters want to push.

:hophead:

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 5h5 hours ago

MS-13 gang members are being removed by our Great ICE and Border Patrol Agents by the thousands, but these killers come back in from El Salvador, and through Mexico, like water. El Salvador just takes our money, and Mexico must help MORE with this problem. We need The Wall!

:unsure:

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 4h4 hours ago

My daughter, Ivanka, just arrived in South Korea. We cannot have a better, or smarter, person representing our country.

For those of you who are still interested, the Democrats have totally forgotten about DACA. Not a lot of interest on this subject from them!

2 minutes ago, squistion said:

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 5h5 hours ago

MS-13 gang members are being removed by our Great ICE and Border Patrol Agents by the thousands, but these killers come back in from El Salvador, and through Mexico, like water. El Salvador just takes our money, and Mexico must help MORE with this problem. We need The Wall!

.....please show your proof.....otherwise shut up.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, squistion said:

For those of you who are still interested, the Democrats have totally forgotten about DACA. Not a lot of interest on this subject from them!

Running this through my Ovaltine magic decoder, I get: "Would someone please talk about something other than Russia or how me being in bed with the NRA looks to parents of dead kids?"

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, apalmer said:

Running this through my Ovaltine magic decoder, I get: "Would someone please talk about something other than Russia or how me being in bed with the NRA looks to parents of dead kids?"

Weird.  I got "I've been holding this excellent policy hostage for months and no one is paying attention to me for it anymore!!!  SAD!"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, squistion said:

My daughter, Ivanka, just arrived in South Korea. We cannot have a better, or smarter, person representing our country.

If he's talking about his family, he's 100% correct.

1 hour ago, JuniorNB said:

2 hours ago, squistion said:

If he's talking about his family, he's 100% correct.

I'd like to hear Pence's take on this, since he used to be the one representing our country there.

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

FollowFollow @realDonaldTrump

More

Armed Educators (and trusted people who work within a school) love our students and will protect them. Very smart people. Must be firearms adept & have annual training. Should get yearly bonus. Shootings will not happen again - a big & very inexpensive deterrent. Up to States.

I like the part where he promises  "Shootings will not happen again"

I am shocked, shocked to learn that CPAC gave Trump a 93% approval rating.

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 16m16 minutes ago

BIG CPAC STRAW POLL RESULTS: 93% APPROVE OF THE JOB PRESIDENT TRUMP IS DOING (Thank you!). 50% say President Trump should Tweet MORE or SAME (funny!). 79% say Republicans in Congress should do a better job of working with President Trump (starting to happen).

1 hour ago, squistion said:

BIG CPAC STRAW POLL RESULTS: 93% APPROVE OF THE JOB PRESIDENT TRUMP IS DOING (Thank you!). 50% say President Trump should Tweet MORE or SAME (funny!). 79% say Republicans in Congress should do a better job of working with President Trump (starting to happen).

Those 7% are on a trip to Siberia 

20 minutes ago, badmojo1006 said:

Those 7% are on a trip to Siberia 

Nah, those are the ones that don't think he's being ENOUGH of a racist, authoritarian #####.

• Like 3

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 2h2 hours ago

The Democrat memo response on government surveillance abuses is a total political and legal BUST. Just confirms all of the terrible things that were done. SO ILLEGAL!

Dem Memo: FBI did not disclose who the clients were - the Clinton Campaign and the DNC. Wow!

12 minutes ago, squistion said:

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump

America: I regret to inform you your president is freaking out on twitter again. Please remain unaware and continue drinking. Thank you.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, squistion said:

Funny thing is, Trump will probably mention these numbers as validation for weeks now.

In a poll of Trump and the First Lady, Trump’s approval rating is up to 50%!!!

6 hours ago, joffer said:

Fake News.  Donny Two-scoops gets to vote twice, so Rasmussen has him at 67% in this poll.

9 minutes ago, apalmer said:

Fake News.  Donny Two-scoops gets to vote twice, so Rasmussen has him at 67% in this poll.

Like the 2/5 rule in the constitution except the opposite. 

7 hours ago, joffer said:

And many people are saying Trump is questioning the legal voting status of the no vote.

Edited by sho nuff

6 hours ago, squistion said:

:mellow:

Donald J. Trump Retweeted

Fox News‏Verified account @FoxNews 15h15 hours ago

President @realDonaldTrump on DACA:

"I'm the one that's pushing DACA and the Democrats are nowhere to be found."

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/967586374261137413

Liar, liar, pants on fire. Wouldn't have the DACA mess if you weren't such a racist.

Washington Gov. Inslee to Trump:

"I've listened to the first grade teachers that don't want to be pistol-packing first grade teachers... We need to listen and educators should educate... I just suggest we need a little less tweeting here and a little more listening."

(via ABC)

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/968182797050490886

Hillary is still his favorite chew toy:

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 4h4 hours ago

“He’s got a very good point. Somebody in the Justice Department has a treasure trove of evidence of Mrs. Clinton’s criminality at her own hands, or through others, that ought to be investigated. I fully agree with the President on that.” @judgenapolitano on @marthamaccallum Show

• Like 1