Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
squistion

Donald Trump Tweets Thread

5 minutes ago, timschochet said:

It’s not a question of going to the Midwest and campaigning- it’s a question of having to propose actual solutions. 

So far, among Democrats, I’ve only heard two: Bernie wants to basically continue Trump’s tariffs policy: his rhetoric is a lot kinder, but that’s essentially what he wants to do. And Andrew Yang is proposing a “Freedom Dividend”: give everybody $1,000. 

Solutions?  That doesn’t seem even necessary these days.

Quicknwhat was the solution to ACA?  Repeal and replace?  With what?  Still no actual plan.

Jobs?  We’re going to bring back jobs.

That’s as nuanced as it got.

5 minutes ago, Skoo said:

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

Joe Biden got tongue tied over the weekend when he was unable to properly deliver a very simple line about his decision to run for President. Get used to it, another low I.Q. individual!

Tim Apple says hi...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Solutions?  That doesn’t seem even necessary these days.

Quicknwhat was the solution to ACA?  Repeal and replace?  With what?  Still no actual plan.

Jobs?  We’re going to bring back jobs.

That’s as nuanced as it got.

It's (also) about perception. Trump's talking about it (in action terms) - follows that he is "doing" sonething. If no one else is even talking about it as a problem then that's a point in Trump's favor. 

He's not communicating with the deepest thinkers and experts here. He's tslking to the American voter 

12 minutes ago, msommer said:

It's (also) about perception. Trump's talking about it (in action terms) - follows that he is "doing" sonething. If no one else is even talking about it as a problem then that's a point in Trump's favor. 

He's not communicating with the deepest thinkers and experts here. He's tslking to the American voter 

Exactly

Just now, Skoo said:

Joe Biden got tongue tied over the weekend when he was unable to properly deliver a very simple line about his decision to run for President. Get used to it, another low I.Q. individual!

Hey, Donny, remember this?

"I thought that I made myself very clear, but having just reviewed the transcript...I realized that there is a need for some clarification," Trump said Tuesday at the White House. "The sentence should have been...'I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be Russia'."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/24-hours-later-trump-claims-he-misspoke-helsinki-meant-say-n892166

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skoo said:

It's hard to believe that there's not a staff of family member that can pull Trump aside and tell him it's best he not call out anyone on physical appearance or intelligence.

FollowFollow @realDonaldTrump

More

Wow! A Suffolk/USA Today Poll, just out, states, “50% of Americans AGREE that Robert Mueller’s investigation is a Witch Hunt.” @MSNBC Very few think it is legit! We will soon find out?

Just now, Bucky86 said:

More

Wow! A Suffolk/USA Today Poll, just out, states, “50% of Americans AGREE that Robert Mueller’s investigation is a Witch Hunt.” @MSNBC Very few think it is legit! We will soon find out?

Very few = 2.5 times the number of people that voted for the orange one, obviously....

3 hours ago, Skoo said:

#bebest

• Laughing 1

10 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

More

Here is the poll

I suspect that the regional, political and age demographics may have played a role in the poll numbers. Also of note is that Fox News is by far the #1 trusted source of news among respondents.

Also, the question about Mueller is somewhat confusing, because "A little trust" and "Little trust" are two different answers. (And there is no split between "Little trust" and "No trust".)

Also, a clear majority of respondents (51.7%) have "Little or no trust" in Trump's denials.

Also, a plurality of respondents believe Democrats are doing the right thing with their investigations.

Also, the poll combines "The investigation is a witch hunt" and "Trump has been subjected to more investigations than previous presidents" into a single question. (So, it's possible that many people who responded with "Yes" were only referring to the second part of the question.)

3 hours ago, Skoo said:

I am not sure about Joe Biden's IQ but Trump is right that we already have a low I.Q. individual in the Oval Office

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

Here is the poll

I suspect that the regional, political and age demographics may have played a role in the poll numbers. Also of note is that Fox News is by far the #1 trusted source of news among respondents.

Also, the question about Mueller is somewhat confusing, because "A little trust" and "Little trust" are two different answers. (And there is no split between "Little trust" and "No trust".)

Also, a clear majority of respondents (51.7%) have "Little or no trust" in Trump's denials.

Also, a plurality of respondents believe Democrats are doing the right thing with their investigations.

Also, the poll combines "The investigation is a witch hunt" and "Trump has been subjected to more investigations than previous presidents" into a single question. (So, it's possible that many people who responded with "Yes" were only referring to the second part of the question.)

The question is stated as: "President Trump has called the Special Counsel’s investigation a “witch hunt” and said he’s been subjected to more investigations than previous presidents because of politics. Do you agree?"  Yes, I agree he has done that. I think he is incorrect, but the answer to the question is "yes".

16 minutes ago, apalmer said:
50 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

Here is the poll

The question is stated as: "President Trump has called the Special Counsel’s investigation a “witch hunt” and said he’s been subjected to more investigations than previous presidents because of politics. Do you agree?"  Yes, I agree he has done that. I think he is incorrect, but the answer to the question is "yes".

Good point. :lol:

5 hours ago, sho nuff said:

Tim Apple says hi...

And ditto from the people of “Pleasure” California during a break from raking the forest.

• Like 1

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 37m37 minutes ago

While the press doesn’t like writing about it, nor do I need them to, I donate my yearly Presidential salary of $400,000.00 to different agencies throughout the year, this to Homeland Security. If I didn’t do it there would be hell to pay from the FAKE NEWS MEDIA!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1107771030385426432

On 3/16/2019 at 4:52 PM, Mile High said:

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump · 1h

Spreading the fake and totally discredited Dossier “is unfortunately a very dark stain against John McCain.” Ken Starr, Former Independent Counsel. He had far worse “stains” than this, including thumbs down on repeal and replace after years of campaigning to repeal and replace

https://twitter.com/ChrisLutolf/status/1107346818218815489/photo/1

American Hero (McCain) vs American Zero (Trump)

Edited by lazyike

11 hours ago, timschochet said:

Unfortunately I don’t think they will. They may (hopefully) get tired of Trump on a host of other issues, but not this one. Jobs continue to leave the USA in certain sectors mainly due to automation. Trump is perceived as trying to stop that trend- even if he fails, who else is trying? 

How some people still don’t get this is incredible.  

24 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

How some people still don’t get this is incredible.  

The difference between you and me (I think?) is that I don’t find any reason to praise Trump for this. I’m just trying to acknowledge the reality that others will. 

On 3/6/2019 at 12:42 PM, sho nuff said:

But we need to demonize AOC for quickly tweeting things...don't worry that POTUS is tweeting conspiracy sights and racists quite often.

Why can't we laugh at both of them?

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 9m9 minutes ago

Rep. Devin Nunes Files $250M Defamation Lawsuit Against Twitter, Two Anonymous Twitter Accounts https://www.thedailybeast.com/rep-devin-nunes-files-dollar250m-defamation-lawsuit-against-twitter-two-anonymous-twitter-accounts?source=twitter&via=desktop … via @thedailybeast

https://www.thedailybeast.com/rep-devin-nunes-files-dollar250m-defamation-lawsuit-against-twitter-two-anonymous-twitter-accounts?source=twitter&via=desktop

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Why can't we laugh at both of them?

Sure give it a try...then understand the difference between POTUS and AOC.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, apalmer said:

It turns out, however, that Trump’s tweet was based on a poorly framed poll question and an even more poorly framed USA Today story about it that’s headlined: “Poll: Half of Americans say Trump is victim of a ‘witch hunt’ as trust in Mueller erodes.” But the poll question on which that headline rests is seriously flawed. The question reads as follows: “President Trump has called the Special Counsel’s investigation a ‘witch hunt’ and said he’s been subjected to more investigations than previous presidents because of politics. Do you agree?”

It’s true that 50.3 percent of the poll’s 1,000 respondents said “yes” to that question. But that doesn’t necessarily mean they believe the Mueller investigation is a “witch hunt.” The prompt packs two different questions into one — a poor strategy for a poll question. Respondents simply may have meant to agree that Trump has been “subjected to more investigations than previous presidents because of politics” — a controversial but defensible position — without intending to go further and indicate they think Trump is the victim of a “witch hunt.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/2019/3/18/18271441/trump-tweet-usa-today-suffolk-poll-mueller-witch-hunt

Edited by Mile High

1 hour ago, squistion said:

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 9m9 minutes ago

Rep. Devin Nunes Files $250M Defamation Lawsuit Against Twitter, Two Anonymous Twitter Accounts https://www.thedailybeast.com/rep-devin-nunes-files-dollar250m-defamation-lawsuit-against-twitter-two-anonymous-twitter-accounts?source=twitter&via=desktop … via @thedailybeast

https://www.thedailybeast.com/rep-devin-nunes-files-dollar250m-defamation-lawsuit-against-twitter-two-anonymous-twitter-accounts?source=twitter&via=desktop

What a crybaby. I guess he'll be suing all of the political cartoonists next. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Godsbrother said:

I am not sure about Joe Biden's IQ but Trump is right that we already have a low I.Q. individual in the Oval Office

I want to see the debates begin with a surprise Wonderlic test of the candidates.

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 1h1 hour ago

The Fake News Media has NEVER been more Dishonest or Corrupt than it is right now. There has never been a time like this in American History. Very exciting but also, very sad! Fake News is the absolute Enemy of the People and our Country itself!

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 5m5 minutes ago

“You can’t dispel this mood of positive energy.” @Varneyco The Economy is Great!

7 minutes ago, squistion said:

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 5m5 minutes ago

“You can’t dispel this mood of positive energy.” @Varneyco The Economy is Great!

The only positive crutch that Trump has to fall back on and all that's really happened is Obama's 7 straight years of economic growth have continued two more.

22 minutes ago, squistion said:

There has never been a time like this in American History.

true dat

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 1m1 minute ago

Facebook, Google and Twitter, not to mention the Corrupt Media, are sooo on the side of the Radical Left Democrats. But fear not, we will win anyway, just like we did before! #MAGA

• Like 1

Everyone! EVERYONE IS BIASED AGAINST ME!

The media (everyone except Fox)

Google

Facebook

Twitter

Saturday Night Live

Late Night Talk Shows

The FBI

The NSA

The CIA

I'm sure I'm missing another 40 or so.

2 minutes ago, Skoo said:

Facebook, Google and Twitter, not to mention the Corrupt Media, are sooo on the side of the Radical Left Democrats. But fear not, we will win anyway, just like we did before! #MAGA

Twitter must be on the side of the Radical Left Democrats. If they weren't, they'd cut off your posting privileges so you couldn't repeatedly embarrass yourself.

• Love 1

26 minutes ago, squistion said:

The Fake News Media has NEVER been more Dishonest or Corrupt than it is right now. There has never been a time like this in American History. Very exciting but also, very sad! Fake News is the absolute Enemy of the People and our Country itself!

Well, at least in light of recent events he's decided to tone down the rhetoric. Wouldn't want anyone thinking that they should take matters into their own hands and defend their country against the media, the enemy of the United States.

5 minutes ago, Skoo said:

I am not sure he wants people to not believe stupid stuff they read on facebook. That is how he was elected.

• Love 1

There's no text, but I wouldn't skip this full length Hannity panel that Trump just posted.

It's significant because it seems pretty clear to me that the White House isn't going to counter Mueller allegations on the facts but instead have committed to a Deep State conspiracy theory as their defense. The only reason I can think they are doing this is that they are indeed expecting allegations of criminal wrongdoing.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Skoo said:

Poor guy, all these people that are “sooo” against him.  He probably “can’t even”

6 minutes ago, Skoo said:

Meanwhile his campaign is spending more than twice what the entire democratic field is spending on Facebook and Google ads.

I guess when you are running to stay out of prison you pull out all the stops. 

2 hours ago, Skoo said:

This is like a mashed up tweet between your 75 year old uncle and your 14 year old niece :lmao::lmao:

Trump tweets conspiracy theory that Britain started Russiagate; exasperated British government issues official denial

Sir Nicholas Soames, Conservative MP and privy councillor, told The Independent that Mr Trump’s peddling of the conspiracy theory was “foolish” and “ludicrous”. 

“The trouble is he allows himself to be subject to these great flights of fancy, which unfortunately there are too many people who take seriously,” said Mr Soames, who is the grandson of Winston Churchill. 

He added: “He pretty much takes up every conspiracy theory there is, it’s just ludicrous. I don’t think anyone who knows anything about it would take it seriously.”

7 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

Trump tweets conspiracy theory that Britain started Russiagate; exasperated British government issues official denial

He added: “He pretty much takes up every conspiracy theory there is, it’s just ludicrous. I don’t think anyone who knows anything about it would take it seriously.”

But it's the other 38% of the country we have to worry about.

6 minutes ago, lazyike said:

I can't figure out why reporters allow Trump to continue to say McCain voted against repealing "and replacing " Obamacare when what McCain actually gave the thumbs down to was simply repeal with nothing to replace it with. Is there a reporter that can point blank ask President Trump "Why do you continue to say Sen McCain voted against repealing and replacing Obamacare when what he gave the thumbs down to was only repealing Obamacare? Please do your job.

Edited by lazyike

Trump called George Conway "A total loser ". Makes interesting conversation at the Conway house

47 minutes ago, badmojo1006 said:

Trump called George Conway "A total loser ". Makes interesting conversation at the Conway house

Hey, with a wife like that, who can argue?

• Laughing 1

52 minutes ago, badmojo1006 said:

More

George Conway shrugged off Trump's Twitter attack.

"I thought it was a perfect example of the point I was making. He can't concern himself with affairs of state. He's more concerned about what people say about him and waging little battles with everyone."

• Like 2