Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
squistion

Donald Trump Tweets Thread

54 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Trump is now blasting Michigan’s Governor on Twitter.  By all accounts she has done a good job and been proactive. What’s this guys deal?

Governor Gretchen Whitmer  @GovWhitmer

Now that I’ve got your attention, Mr. President - attack tweets won’t solve this crisis.

But swift and clear guidance, tests, personal protective equipment, and resources would.

FYI - here’s what I’ve done so far

3/3: Created COVID-19 task forces 
3/6: Ensured Medicaid waiver for copays & cost sharing for testing
3/10: Declared a State of Emergency
3/11: Recommended mitigation strategies 
3/12: Expanded access to telemedicine 
3/12: Closed all K-12 schools

3/13: Prohibited large gatherings 250+ 
3/13: Restricted entry into care facilities & juvenile justice facilities 
3/14: Enhanced restrictions on price gouging 
3/16: Closed places of public accommodation 
3/16: Prohibited large gatherings 50+
3/16: Expanded unemployment benefits

3/16: Lifted road weight restrictions 

The latest information is available at http://Michigan.gov/Coronavirus.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, squistion said:

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 2h2 hours ago

Cuomo wants “all states to be treated the same.” But all states aren’t the same. Some are being hit hard by the Chinese Virus, some are being hit practically not at all. New York is a very big “hotspot”, West Virginia has, thus far, zero cases. Andrew, keep politics out of it....

Keep politics out of this? Oh the irony.

And quit calling it the Chinese Virus. :angry:

He really needs to call it by the scientific name.  He comes off as an imbecile when he calls it the Chinese virus.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Chaz McNulty said:

He really needs to call it by the scientific name.  He comes off as an imbecile when he calls it the Chinese virus.

I'm just glad he's not calling it the Chinaman Virus, or the Ching Chong Virus.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2

4 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

Now that I’ve got your attention, Mr. President - attack tweets won’t solve this crisis.

But swift and clear guidance, tests, personal protective equipment, and resources would.

Because the roads and bridges can all of a sudden hold more weight?  Or just because there are way less vehicles on them so it doesn't matter if one big truck takes that route?

8 minutes ago, KPD said:

Because the roads and bridges can all of a sudden hold more weight?  Or just because there are way less vehicles on them so it doesn't matter if one big truck takes that route?

I assume the government wants to encourage more product supply/delivery. So, they're willing to allow more damage to the roads to make it happen. 

7 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

Maybe she should be president.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, KPD said:

By lifting the weight restrictions, Governor Gretchen Whitmer says truck drivers will be able to carry more products to stores who are in need of food.

Michigan weight restrictions lifted for vehicles carrying essential supplies to slow spread of coronavirus (COVID-19)   ~~Gov. Whitmer signs Executive Order

Edited by BigSteelThrill
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, KPD said:

I don’t know where you live, but Michigan has seasonal weight restrictions in spring during the thaw. 

Donald J. Trump  @realDonaldTrump

9m

For the people that are now out of work because of the important and necessary containment policies, for instance the shutting down of hotels, bars and restaurants, money will soon be coming to you. The onslaught of the Chinese Virus is not your fault! Will be stronger than ever!

--

Subtle.

15 minutes ago, whoknew said:

Donald J. Trump  @realDonaldTrump

9m

For the people that are now out of work because of the important and necessary containment policies, for instance the shutting down of hotels, bars and restaurants, money will soon be coming to you. The onslaught of the Chinese Virus is not your fault! Will be stronger than ever!

--

Subtle.

Again with the wrong name, huh?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kal El said:

This is his way of telling everyone "it's not MY fault"

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

3 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

See I was trying too fight the Chinese the whole time ...but the do nothing democrats wouldn't let me.

-not an actual quote....yet

4 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

And making sure there never is a "phase two" trade "deal"

1 minute ago, msommer said:

And making sure there never is a "phase two" trade "deal"

Probably for the best, considering he bungled the first one so badly.

Don’t forget the “onslaught” part. This is Genghis Khan part 2.  

21 hours ago, bigbottom said:

I'm just glad he's not calling it the Chinaman Virus, or the Ching Chong Virus.

...yet.

1 minute ago, timschochet said:

Don’t forget the “onslaught” part. This is Genghis Khan part 2.  

He wasn't even Chinese. He was Mongolian. 

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 3m3 minutes ago

We will be, by mutual consent, temporarily closing our Northern Border with Canada to non-essential traffic. Trade will not be affected. Details to follow!

Just now, squistion said:

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 3m3 minutes ago

We will be, by mutual consent, temporarily closing our Northern Border with Canada to non-essential traffic. Trade will not be affected. Details to follow!

What's the status on that wall, and is he going to get Canada to pay for it?

7 minutes ago, Kal El said:

He wasn't even Chinese. He was Mongolian. 

Unless that fact was explicitly stressed in Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure, I’m going to assume that President Trump is unaware of it. 

• Laughing 1

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 18m18 minutes ago

95% Approval Rating in the Republican Party, 53% overall. Not bad considering I get nothing but Fake & Corrupt News, day and night. “Russia, Russia, Russia”, then “the Ukraine Scam (where’s the Whistleblower?)”, the “Impeachment Hoax”, and more, more, more....

:sigh:

As usual neither of these numbers are true. No one has any idea where he gets the 95% GOP approval number from. And Trump is at 46% approval even in Rasmussen, the pollster consistently friendliest to him.

2 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Unless that fact was explicitly stressed in Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure, I’m going to assume that President Trump is unaware of it. 

I don't think he could find Mongolia on a map, either.

Looking at his latest tweet, he doesn't understand stats, either.

Donald J. Trump✔@realDonaldTrump

I always treated the Chinese Virus very seriously, and have done a very good job from the beginning, including my very early decision to close the “borders” from China - against the wishes of almost all. Many lives were saved. The Fake News new narrative is disgraceful & false!

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, squistion said:

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 18m18 minutes ago

95% Approval Rating in the Republican Party, 53% overall. Not bad considering I get nothing but Fake & Corrupt News, day and night. “Russia, Russia, Russia”, then “the Ukraine Scam (where’s the Whistleblower?)”, the “Impeachment Hoax”, and more, more, more....

:sigh:

As usual neither of these numbers are true. No one has any idea where he gets the 95% GOP approval number from. And Trump is at 46% approval even in Rasmussen, the pollster consistently friendliest to him.

How he reached those polling numbers...

4 minutes ago, Mile High said:

I always treated the Chinese Virus very seriously, and have done a very good job from the beginning, including my very early decision to close the “borders” from China - against the wishes of almost all. Many lives were saved. The Fake News new narrative is disgraceful & false!

A.  Didn't close any borders did he?  I mean...its an obvious lie from the standpoint that citizens were still allowed to come and go from China...correct?  Also funny how he keeps touting the one thing he did somewhat right...ignoring all else.

B.  He is also out claiming that he always knew this would be an issue even before he was elected...just never really talked about it...his staff was pretty ill equipped when running the scenario before transition, and into his presidency he cut the pandemic office apart.  But yeah...he has always done a very good job while he was claiming it was all a hoax to try and get him.

This is why many won't give him credit when he stands for a few minutes and says the right things during a press conference...because he turns around and does and says stupid stuff not long after...pretty much every single time.

41 minutes ago, Mile High said:

Fact checking the president is always fun:

Prior to the World Health Organization's official pandemic declaration on March 11, Trump had never told Americans that he viewed the situation as a potential pandemic. When he was asked by CNBC in an interview that aired January 22 if there were worries about a pandemic, he responded, "No. Not at all. And -- we're -- we have it totally under control. It's one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It's going to be just fine."

On March 9, Trump tweeted, "So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!" On March 10, the day before the WHO's pandemic declaration, Trump said, "And we're prepared, and we're doing a great job with it. And it will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away."

He added: "It's really working out. And a lot of good things are going to happen."

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sho nuff said:

He’s really showing great leadership. Better than the Michigan Governor. She hasn’t tweeted out any poll numbers all week but she did tweet a picture of her giving blood, asking others to consider the same. Such a selfish woman.

• Like 3

On 3/17/2020 at 11:44 AM, Chaz McNulty said:

Um...

• Laughing 2

2 hours ago, Mile High said:

I'm not sure what's worse: the possibility that he actually believes his own lies, or that he apparently expects us to believe them.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Kal El said:

I'm not sure what's worse: the possibility that he actually believes his own lies, or that he apparently expects us to believe them.

There are many that do.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Godsbrother said:

There are many that do.

I can't speak for them, but he has to know we don't believe a word he says, right?

7 minutes ago, Kal El said:

I can't speak for them, but he has to know we don't believe a word he says, right?

We?  Well...many of us don't...unfortunately...too many people still do and think he is doing a great job.

Just now, sho nuff said:

We?  Well...many of us don't...unfortunately...too many people still do and think he is doing a great job.

I'll be honest, I want him to do a great job. He simply isn't, though, and each thought he gives voice to just makes it worse.

2 minutes ago, Kal El said:

I'll be honest, I want him to do a great job. He simply isn't, though, and each thought he gives voice to just makes it worse.

Agree...id love him to do a good job.  And his rhetoric was ok for a few days...going back to some crap again lately bragging, calling it the china virus, claiming he always took it seriously and people think he is doing a good job and so on.  Just dangerous stuff that a functioning adult would have handled much better. 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

3 hours ago, Mile High said:

Why is borders in quotes?

3 hours ago, whoknew said:

Why is borders in quotes?

You know why whoknew.

7 hours ago, Mile High said:

Joe Biden (Text Join to 30330)‏ @JoeBiden 2h2 hours ago

Stop the xenophobic fear-mongering. Be honest. Take responsibility. Do your job.

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1240361258957897728

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Kal El said:

Saw a poll last night (forgot where) that said 60% trust the media for CV news to Trump's 37%.  So, there are still a significant amount willing to trust every word he says.

27 minutes ago, beef said:

Saw a poll last night (forgot where) that said 60% trust the media for CV news to Trump's 37%.  So, there are still a significant amount willing to trust every word he says.

And thst 35-40% is going to be a big part of American politics in the years to come even if Trump loses in November

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 51m51 minutes ago

HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE & AZITHROMYCIN, taken together, have a real chance to be one of the biggest game changers in the history of medicine. The FDA has moved mountains - Thank You! Hopefully they will BOTH (H works better with A, International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents).....

....be put in use IMMEDIATELY. PEOPLE ARE DYING, MOVE FAST, and GOD BLESS EVERYONE! @US_FDA @SteveFDA @CDCgov @DHSgov

I retract my previous call to curtail criticism of POTUS words and tweets.  I do not believe him to be purposefully malicious, but I also don’t believe him to be capable of thoughtful approach to anything other than appearance and messaging.  He is detrimental to himself in this regard and, through extension, detrimental to others.  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, squistion said:

HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE & AZITHROMYCIN, taken together, have a real chance to be one of the biggest game changers in the history of medicine. The FDA has moved mountains - Thank You! Hopefully they will BOTH (H works better with A, International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents).....

....be put in use IMMEDIATELY. PEOPLE ARE DYING, MOVE FAST, and GOD BLESS EVERYONE! @US_FDA @SteveFDA @CDCgov @DHSgov

As usual...making this that defended the outburst yesterday look bad...making then reporter’s question that much more relevant.  Just hyping this up ignoring Fauci and others saying its not close yet.  Science vs Trump’s gut.  

22 minutes ago, That one guy said:

I retract my previous call to curtail criticism of POTUS words and tweets.  I do not believe him to be purposefully malicious, but I also don’t believe him to be capable of thoughtful approach to anything other than appearance and messaging.  He is detrimental to himself in this regard and, through extension, detrimental to others.  

I think Trump would even describe himself as malicious.

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, That one guy said:

If what we have seen and read so far is not purposefully malicious, I would hate to see what is. :o

Edited by squistion

Cross posted in Government Response Thread:

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 11m11 minutes ago

White House News Conference at 12:30 P.M. Thank you!

2 minutes ago, squistion said:

If what we have seen and read so far is not purposefully malicious, I would hate what is. :o

Ignorance, pure and simple.  And lack of intelligence, the kind needed to adapt and evolve to situations.  He is a smart man, but only in a very limited range.  He has to date demonstrated no intelligence necessary to tackle the ever changing situation of this pandemic.

I wanted so badly for us to have a 9/11 style kind of response to this, America as a whole vs a shared enemy and working in as close to complete concert as possible.  Dude steering the ship can’t do this, his habits and tendencies are just too ingrained and/or he is incapable of altering his approach.

He is NOT the spokesman to be out front of this, he needs to go behind the scenes and work from there.

3 minutes ago, That one guy said:

Ignorance, pure and simple.  And lack of intelligence, the kind needed to adapt and evolve to situations.  He is a smart man, but only in a very limited range.  He has to date demonstrated no intelligence necessary to tackle the ever changing situation of this pandemic.

I wanted so badly for us to have a 9/11 style kind of response to this, America as a whole vs a shared enemy and working in as close to complete concert as possible.  Dude steering the ship can’t do this, his habits and tendencies are just too ingrained and/or he is incapable of altering his approach.

He is NOT the spokesman to be out front of this, he needs to go behind the scenes and work from there.

Yeah. I think he is looking out again more for how to insulate himself...push blame.  He doesn't have it in him to do whats right if it means it will cost him.  Would he be able to do with George HW did when he raised taxes...knowing it was right for the country but would cost him re-election?

Take this drug Trump keeps pushing against what doctors are actually saying.  It may work out.  I hope it does...and if it does he will proclaim how right he was and that it was the doctor’s fault that it wasn't out sooner.  Ignoring the process that must be taken.  If its not as good as he claims...he will again blame the doctors...there will never be a time where he takes responsibility for something.

51 minutes ago, squistion said:

Eugene Gu, MD‏Verified account @eugenegu 2h2 hours ago

Replying to @realDonaldTrump

The combination of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin to treat the coronavirus has not been proven safe and effective through large scale clinical trials. There is only anecdotal evidence from case reports in countries overseas. Promising them as miracle drugs gives false hope.

I know this is an emergency and we are desperate. But as a physician, I took a solemn oath to “first, do no harm.” That means not testing off label drugs on human patients that may have side effects like vision and hearing loss, heart problems, and death for an unproven benefit.

https://twitter.com/eugenegu/status/1241367885693378561

• Like 1