Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
squistion

Donald Trump Tweets Thread

One suppresses the immune system, the other is an antibiotic...which kill...bacteria.

Coronanavirus

5 hours ago, That one guy said:

I retract my previous call to curtail criticism of POTUS words and tweets.  I do not believe him to be purposefully malicious, but I also don’t believe him to be capable of thoughtful approach to anything other than appearance and messaging.  He is detrimental to himself in this regard and, through extension, detrimental to others.  

As I've said in other threads, he'd be doing everyone a favor (including himself) if he just let Pence & the experts in charge do all the talking.

• Like 1

I've said before, Trump could do far less damage if he said nothing at all. He's literally acting like a snake oil salesman with that tweet!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kal El said:

I've said before, Trump could do far less damage if he said nothing at all. He's literally acting like a snake oil salesman with that tweet!

But people are lapping it up :shrug:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sammy3469 said:

They did with old timey snake oil salesmen, too.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sammy3469 said:

Yes. And now people who need the drug for other proven purposes are finding shortages.

• Like 1

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 13m13 minutes ago

Ford, General Motors and Tesla are being given the go ahead to make ventilators and other metal products, FAST! @fema Go for it auto execs, lets see how good you are? @RepMarkMeadows @GOPLeader @senatemajldr

Let's see how good you are? 

Is he setting it up to blame the car industry if they can't produce enough ventilators on some, as of now, unstated timetable?

And the go ahead?  Like they needed permission?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sho nuff said:

And the go ahead?  Like they needed permission?

They actually may. FDA has some jurisdiction over medical devices. 

• Like 1

66 Tweets / reTweets before 930am today

is there a presser today?

5 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

66 Tweets / reTweets before 930am today

is there a presser today?

Yes at 4:30 EST the last I heard. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, squistion said:

Yes at 4:30 EST the last I heard. 

Let’s see who he’s goes after at NBC today.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

@JBPritzker

, Governor of Illinois, and a very small group of certain other Governors, together with Fake News @CNN & Concast (MSDNC), shouldn’t be blaming the Federal Government for their own shortcomings. We are there to back you up should you fail, and always will be!

• Laughing 1

12 minutes ago, Osaurus said:

Let’s see who he’s goes after at NBC today.

After all, that's what is really important to him. The hell with all the sick & dying, what reporter is going to disrespect him today?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mile High said:

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

@JBPritzker

, Governor of Illinois, and a very small group of certain other Governors, together with Fake News @CNN & Concast (MSDNC), shouldn’t be blaming the Federal Government for their own shortcomings. We are there to back you up should you fail, and always will be!

Again this is the Herbert Hoover argument: we are there to back you up. The goal of the federal government, in a national crisis, is not to back up the states. It’s to lead. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Again this is the Herbert Hoover argument: we are there to back you up. The goal of the federal government, in a national crisis, is not to back up the states. It’s to lead. 

I think the more important, albeit also more subtle, message here:

The President of the United States is glued to the TV and his phone, while the adults are at work trying to find a solution here.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, timschochet said:

The goal of donald is to make sure he doesn’t get blamed. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

I think the more important, albeit also more subtle, message here:

The President of the United States is glued to the TV and his phone, while the adults are at work trying to find a solution here.

Probably better that way...even better if he lets them do the talking too.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, The General said:

The goal of donald is to make sure he doesn’t get blamed. 

"And, I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for those meddling kids!"

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

"And, I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for those meddling kids!"

DT does seem like the rich developer trying to take over Scooby 's hangout.

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 4m4 minutes ago

I watch and listen to the Fake News, CNN, MSDNC, ABC, NBC, CBS, some of FOX (desperately & foolishly pleading to be politically correct), the @nytimes, & the @washingtonpost, and all I see is hatred of me at any cost. Don’t they understand that they are destroying themselves?

:mellow:

2 minutes ago, squistion said:

all I see is hatred of me

This guy was in bad need of a psychologist early in life. It’s just weird and never stops surprising me that he’s gotten Americans to support him in his psychosis.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

GRANDPA WANTS YOU TO TUNE IN NEXT WEEK

Edited by JbizzleMan

Guess next week we just all go back to normal. 

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

·

3h

WE CANNOT LET THE CURE BE WORSE THAN THE PROBLEM ITSELF. AT THE END OF THE 15 DAY PERIOD, WE WILL MAKE A DECISION AS TO WHICH WAY WE WANT TO GO!

4 hours ago, Mile High said:

Guess next week we just all go back to normal. 

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

·

3h

WE CANNOT LET THE CURE BE WORSE THAN THE PROBLEM ITSELF. AT THE END OF THE 15 DAY PERIOD, WE WILL MAKE A DECISION AS TO WHICH WAY WE WANT TO GO!

Does anyone have any idea what he is talking about?

15 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

Does anyone have any idea what he is talking about?

I ran it through my Ovaltine Trump Translator Ring and got "If this failing economy is going to cost me an election, I'm better off taking my chances that a few people die." *

*Disclaimer: My Ovaltine Trump Translator Ring may or may not have been manufactured by a subsidiary company owned by Jeff Bezos. 

• Like 1
  • Thinking 3

36 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

Thanks.  That explains it.  It is absolutely terrifying that the president's main adviser is Fox news. 

It's state run TV now. The worst part is that far too many people take it as gospel because of where it's coming from.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

Just now, Kal El said:

It's state run TV now. The worst part is that far too many people take it as gospel because of where it's coming from.

You mean like a thread claiming democrats were on board with a slush find stimulus plan until Chuck and Nancy got involved?

3 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

You mean like a thread claiming democrats were on board with a slush find stimulus plan until Chuck and Nancy got involved?

I haven't heard about that, but it sounds like something that could easily find airtime there.

Just now, Kal El said:

I haven't heard about that, but it sounds like something that could easily find airtime there.

Its one of the top threads here...

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Its one of the top threads here...

Is it under a title relating to that? I admit, I don't get too much into politics, I'd need a chemical shower practically hourly if I did.

ETA: just saw it. If it was a snake, it would have bit me.

Edited by Kal El
  • Laughing 1

8 minutes ago, Kal El said:

Is it under a title relating to that? I admit, I don't get too much into politics, I'd need a chemical shower practically hourly if I did.

ETA: just saw it. If it was a snake, it would have bit me.

Yeah...but no worries...I often miss such things.

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 3h3 hours ago

THIS IS WHY WE NEED BORDERS!

As much as I miss Borders, I suspect that sort of bookstore would probably not be considered essential during this time.  

That said, one has to respect Trump's love of books during this pandemic crisis.

• Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, squistion said:

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 3h3 hours ago

THIS IS WHY WE NEED BORDERS!

As much as I miss Borders, I suspect that sort of bookstore would probably not be considered essential during this time.  

That said, one has to respect Trump's love of books during this pandemic crisis.

This guy is seriously deranged.  This is a worldwide pandemic that is in nearly every country of the world.  It is too bad Covid-19 doesn't know a damn thing about borders.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

This guy is seriously deranged.  This is a worldwide pandemic that is in nearly every country of the world.  It is too bad Covid-19 doesn't know a damn thing about borders.

It would be better if he was talking about the book stores.

28 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

He keeps showing off his incompetence, and apparently being proud of it!

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Kal El said:

He keeps showing off his incompetence, and apparently being proud of it!

His staff must go bonkers every time he stops reading, looks up from the lectern, and begins to ad-lib.    It becomes obvious very quickly that he just making stuff up as he goes and rambles on and on.  He really needs to stay on-script because he sounds like a blubbering drunk when he goes off of it.  

Edited by Godsbrother
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

His staff must go bonkers every time he stops reading, looks up from the lectern, and begins to ad-lib.    It becomes obvious very quickly that he just making stuff up as he goes and rambles on and on.  He really needs to stay on-script because he sounds like a blubbering drunk when he goes off of it.  

I think early on, some did, he got wind of it and replaced them. Now they're mostly yes men and women. Either that or they've developed an impressive poker face

Posted (edited)

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 16m16 minutes ago

It is very important that we totally protect our Asian American community in the United States, and all around the world. They are amazing people, and the spreading of the Virus....

....is NOT their fault in any way, shape, or form. They are working closely with us to get rid of it. WE WILL PREVAIL TOGETHER!

Does this mean he won't call it the Chinese Virus at the task force daily briefing today?

Edited by squistion
  • Thinking 1

1 minute ago, squistion said:

It is very important that we totally protect our Asian American community in the United States, and all around the world. They are amazing people, and the spreading of the Virus....

....is NOT their fault in any way, shape, or form. They are working closely with us to get rid of it. WE WILL PREVAIL TOGETHER!

John Harwood‏ @JohnJHarwood 4m4 minutes ago

fact-check: they ARE us

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/1242206320096354307

• Like 2
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, squistion said:

Does this mean he won't call it the Chinese Virus at the task force daily briefing today?

He never makes the math add up.  Hell Lindsey Graham said to not listen to him today.

8 hours ago, Godsbrother said:

Looking at the worldometer stats, it's many of the island nations that are getting hit disproportionately hard.  Those darn ocean barriers aren't what they used to be.

Posted (edited)

This is the way the @nytimes finished a story on me. “You can see the contrast between the steady, assured, informed and strong leadership that VP Biden (Sleepy Joe) has shown, and the bungling, chaotic and dishonest start-stop approach that Mr. (not Pres.) Trump has shown....

....us since the beginning of this crisis.” They meant the opposite? Forgot to mention that I closed our Country to China (and Europe) very early, long before it was considered acceptable to do so. Sleepy Joe said I was “xenophobic”, but I saved thousands of lives! Fake News!

Don't you all love this message of bipartisanship and unity in a time of crisis from our president?

Edited by squistion

3 minutes ago, squistion said:

This is the way the @nytimes finished a story on me. “You can see the contrast between the steady, assured, informed and strong leadership that VP Biden (Sleepy Joe) has shown, and the bungling, chaotic and dishonest start-stop approach that Mr. (not Pres.) Trump has shown....

....us since the beginning of this crisis.” They meant the opposite? Forgot to mention that I closed our Country to China (and Europe) very early, long before it was considered acceptable to do so. Sleepy Joe said I was “xenophobic”, but I saved thousands of lives! Fake News!

Don't you all love this message of bipartisanship and unity in a time of crisis from our president?

I am amazed that he would quote the line “bungling, chaotic and dishonest” about himself even in order to argue against that. I don’t think he’s ever done anything like that before. 

4 minutes ago, squistion said:

Even in a crisis that literally spans the globe, all he thinks about is himself.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Kal El said:

Even in a crisis that literally spans the globe, all he thinks about is himself.

And always focuses on the one thing he got mostly right with the travel restriction to china.  Of course ignoring all he got wrong.