Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
squistion

Donald Trump Tweets Thread

4 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

And always focuses on the one thing he got mostly right with the travel restriction to china.  Of course ignoring all he got wrong.

Granted, that would be a colossal list of things to keep track of.

• Like 2

You guys remember that show on Comedy Central, probably 15-20 years ago, about some intern type kid following around Gary Busey?  I would pay more in taxes so hard to see some similar style show with Trump during his White House years

On 3/23/2020 at 7:49 AM, Godsbrother said:

Thanks.  That explains it.  It is absolutely terrifying that the president's main adviser is Fox news. 

And yet when you challenge many of his supporters about how Fox News gets so many facts wrong you get the old “who says I listen to Fox News” . Like they have some other source that is much more accurate that backs what the President is doing and saying

13 minutes ago, lazyike said:

And yet when you challenge many of his supporters about how Fox News gets so many facts wrong you get the old “who says I listen to Fox News” . Like they have some other source that is much more accurate that backs what the President is doing and saying

Interesting in that while they deny watching it,  they all repeat the Fox talking points and memes word-for-word. 

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1

9 minutes ago, squistion said:

Interesting in that while they deny watching it,  they all repeat the Fox talking points and memes word-for-word. 

Some minds think alike.

8 hours ago, Kal El said:

Some minds think alike.

But in this case, not so great.

Just now, Leroy Hoard said:

But in this case, not so great.

True enough, at least in this case.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, squistion said:

It comes in their email

• Thanks 1

Seriously we have a president making snarky comments about Mitt Romney getting or not getting the virus on Twitter and we are expecting him to be the voice of reason.  Get the #### out of here

9 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Seriously we have a president making snarky comments about Mitt Romney getting or not getting the virus on Twitter and we are expecting him to be the voice of reason.  Get the #### out of here

If nothing else, Trump is consistent at deflection, distraction, and blame of others. Too bad it's not helping anyone at all.

Posted (edited)

Anyone have an exact quote? It’s being reported that Trump expressed sarcastic joy at the news that Mitt Romney tested negative for the virus. 

This is the man that 50% of Americans think is doing a good job right now. 

Edited by timschochet

2 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Anyone have an exact quote? It’s being reported that Trump expressed sarcastic joy at the news that Mitt Romney tested negative for the virus. 

https://youtu.be/p37XPqHH7eU

I believe this is what is being referenced 

2 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I question those poll numbers. Don't they call over landlines with their surveys?

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, timschochet said:

No that was a couple of days ago. There was a tweet just now. 

"This is really great news! I am so happy I can barely speak. He may have been a terrible presidential candidate and an even worse U.S. Senator, but he is a RINO, and I like him a lot!"*

*Disclaimer: Actual quote from the Twitter account of an actual president, NOT an Onion parody.

Edited by apalmer

Posted (edited)

Example #252,000 in the "imagine what would happen if Obama said that"

Meanwhile Rand Paul actually got the damn virus and was swimming around in pools used by senators THE DAY OF THE TESTING and not a word from Trump about how stupid that was

Edited by hammerva

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, timschochet said:

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/488935-trump-after-hearing-romney-is-in-self-quarantine-gee-thats-too-bad

This is what I am seeing. 

Edited by msudaisy26

39 minutes ago, apalmer said:

"This is really great news! I am so happy I can barely speak. He may have been a terrible presidential candidate and an even worse U.S. Senator, but he is a RINO, and I like him a lot!"*

*Disclaimer: Actual quote from the Twitter account of an actual president, NOT an Onion parody.

WTF does that even mean?

1 hour ago, apalmer said:

What an awful person.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

Example #252,000 in the "imagine what would happen if Obama said that"

Meanwhile Rand Paul actually got the damn virus and was swimming around in pools used by senators THE DAY OF THE TESTING and not a word from Trump about how stupid that was

Rand Paul boosting his libertarian street cred.

Cross posted in coronavirus government response thread:

Ugh. :yucky:

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 9m9 minutes ago

The LameStream Media is the dominant force in trying to get me to keep our Country closed as long as possible in the hope that it will be detrimental to my election success. The real people want to get back to work ASAP. We will be stronger than ever before!

8 hours ago, Kal El said:

If nothing else, Trump is consistent at deflection, distraction, and blame of others. Too bad it's not helping anyone at all.

It's helping him. His approval ratings and odds of reelection have actually gone up the last couple of days.

And to Trump, that's all that matters.

14 hours ago, squistion said:

Cross posted in coronavirus government response thread:

Ugh. :yucky:

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 9m9 minutes ago

The LameStream Media is the dominant force in trying to get me to keep our Country closed as long as possible in the hope that it will be detrimental to my election success. The real people want to get back to work ASAP. We will be stronger than ever before!

Everyone wants to get back to work ASAP but there is this little pandemic thing that we need to get under control first, moron.  Nobody gives a crap about you.

This guy is unbelievable...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Godsbrother said:

Everyone wants to get back to work ASAP but there is this little pandemic thing that we need to get under control first, moron.  Nobody gives a crap about you.

This guy is unbelievable...

Not only is it unbelievable...it's infuriating.  He is literally saying 'go ahead and die as long as i get re-elected'

It looks as though Trump tweeted at an account that is not actually GM and told them to open a plant that GM doesn't even own anymore.  

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

General Motors MUST immediately open their stupidly abandoned Lordstown plant in Ohio, or some other plant, and START MAKING VENTILATORS, NOW!!!!!! FORD, GET GOING ON VENTILATORS, FAST!!!!!!

@GeneralMotors

@Ford

10:23 AM · Mar 27, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

It looks as though Trump tweeted at an account that is not actually GM and told them to open a plant that GM doesn't even own anymore.  

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

General Motors MUST immediately open their stupidly abandoned Lordstown plant in Ohio, or some other plant, and START MAKING VENTILATORS, NOW!!!!!! FORD, GET GOING ON VENTILATORS, FAST!!!!!!

@GeneralMotors

@Ford

If he really wanted this to happen, he could invoke the DPA and order them to do so.  Seems like he just wants to trash talk instead.

5 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

@GeneralMotors

@Ford

Brilliant!

I’m so done with this guy. I was willing to give him a chance at first, but he has far surpassed my worst expectations.

I’m nowhere near Democrats in the vast majority of positions. I think Biden and Sanders are both awful choices. I will vote for one of them over Trump in the next election because he is beyond incompetent and clearly only cares about himself. I don’t agree with Biden and Sanders on just about every way they think government should handle things, but I at least have faith that both of them actually want to do what they think is best for the country which is something I can not say about our current President.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

@GeneralMotors

@Ford

Wasn't it just last night he said he didn't think states needed that many anyway?

Just now, Mile High said:

Wasn't it just last night he said he didn't think states needed that many anyway?

Something like that, yes.

How are actual Republicans not freaking out about a president telling a company what to do?

5 minutes ago, Zow said:

How are actual Republicans not freaking out about a president telling a company what to do?

Because free market Republicans don’t actually exist anymore. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Zow said:

Doesn't the US Treasury still own a bunch of Preferred Stock/Corporate Bonds in Government Motors?

15 minutes ago, beef said:

Doesn't the US Treasury still own a bunch of Preferred Stock/Corporate Bonds in Government Motors?

I don’t know. Let’s assume yes. If yes, are you suggesting the government can publicly direct GM to take certain actions that may be contrary to their fiduciary duties to their shareholders?

35 minutes ago, Mile High said:

You're assuming he actually wants ventilators made. It's just as likely that this is simply his escape hatch from responsibility later: "It's not my fault! I told GM and Ford to make ventilators!"*

*Disclaimer: Not yet an actual quote, but when it is, FoxNews will headline it, along with condemnations of GM and Ford for not manufacturing 1,000,000 ventilators within 24 hours of Trump's rant.

2 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

@GeneralMotors

@Ford

When I was a little kid, before the Internet, I thought computers worked by typing what you wanted at the DOS prompt and it would happen.  For example, just type in Double Dragon and seconds later it appear ready to play.  Trump seems to think factories work the same way I thought computers did.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

4 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Wonder if Michiganers regret voting for Trump now.   Yeeeeesh.

Just about anyone I know that’s 50+ here still seems to love him

2 hours ago, Zow said:

I don’t know. Let’s assume yes. If yes, are you suggesting the government can publicly direct GM to take certain actions that may be contrary to their fiduciary duties to their shareholders?

Whether the government owns stock or not, it most certainly can direct GM and Ford to start making ventilators, via the DPA.  So far, Mr. Trump has chosen not to direct them to do so.

1 minute ago, Dan Lambskin said:

Even after today's attacks against the gov and GM?  Huh.

Just now, General Malaise said:

Even after today's attacks against the gov and GM?  Huh.

I mean I don’t poll them daily but they’ve been on board for this long I’d be shocked if any of them don’t vote for him again 

might be able to convince my mom but that’s about it

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Dan Lambskin said:

I’m 57. Everyone my age abhors him, but that’s because we’ve been subjected to five or six decades of this shtick.

Edited by BobbyLayne
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Wonder if Michiganers regret voting for Trump now.   Yeeeeesh.

It was very close, might go the other way in 2020.

This guy was elected in part because he told people he was a master negotiator :lmao:

• Laughing 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, The General said:

This guy was elected in part because he told people he was a master negotiator :lmao:

“He’s gonna run the country like a business “

6 minutes ago, Dan Lambskin said:

“He’s gonna run the country like a business “

A bankrupt business?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Leroy Hoard said:

It was very close, might go the other way in 2020.

Wayne county turnout is crucial. If they get to the polls, Biden will crush it. Win that plus Macomb, the rest of the state can do whatever they want.

Grand Rapids & the Lakeshore are a lost cause; the last time my home county went to a Democrat was ‘64. No, the other one - George McClellan in 1864.

3 hours ago, Rich Conway said:

Whether the government owns stock or not, it most certainly can direct GM and Ford to start making ventilators, via the DPA.  So far, Mr. Trump has chosen not to direct them to do so.

I don’t disagree. 

My original post you’re responding to suggested the response of a portion of the Republican Party - not necessarily my own take. 

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 11h11 hours ago

Such Fake reporting by the @nytimes, @washingtonpost, @CNN & others. They use a small portion of a sentence out of a full paragraph in order to demean. They really are corrupt and disgusting. No wonder the media is, according to polls, record setting low & untrusted. #MAGA

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 3h3 hours ago

So much of the Lamestream Media is writing and broadcasting stories with facts that are made up and knowingly wrong. They are doing it by quoting unnamed sources that simply do not exist. These are very dangerous & corrupt people, who will do anything to win. NAME YOUR SOURCES!

Um, if they named sources within your administration, they would no longer be sources because their employment would be immediately terminated.