Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
squistion

Donald Trump Tweets Thread

3 hours ago, roadkill1292 said:

Look, all, his tweeting is awful and doing a great job riling up the opposition. For that I'm grateful. But we're on a fool's mission if we think it will embarrass or deter his supporters in any way. I've listened to their explanations: they like the way he has lowered taxes, further deregulated industry and tightly restricted immigration.

Now, all those policies need to be defeated but realize first that we're up against an opposition that doesn't care about his attacks on core democratic institutions or his intellectual unfitness as long as they get the policies they want.

Yup, all these “gotcha” attempts are a gigantic waste of time.  They simply don’t care.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, squistion said:

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 13m13 minutes ago

Great reviews on our handling of Covid 19, sometimes referred to as the China Virus. Ventilators, Testing, Medical Supply Distribution, we made a lot of Governors look very good - And got no credit for so doing. Most importantly, we helped a lot of great people!

Looks like the term, The China Virus is making a comeback!

So he’s getting great reviews but also got no credit? How does anyone take a word this guy says seriously? :lol:

Also, what happened to ‘I take no responsibility’?

• Like 4
  • Laughing 2

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 3h3 hours ago

Sean Parnell is an American Hero. Connor Lamm has proven to be an American fraud, and a puppet for Crazy Nancy Pelosi. He said he would NOT vote for her for Speaker, and did. Will kill 2A. Voted to impeach (on nothing). A TOTAL & COMPLETE Sean Parnell Endorsement!

:(

Trump called a sitting congressman and Marine Corps veteran "an American fraud" on Memorial Day.

He also misspelled Rep. Conor Lamb's name, calling him "Connor Lamm."

15 minutes ago, Bucsfan5493 said:
1 hour ago, squistion said:

Great reviews on our handling of Covid 19, sometimes referred to as the China Virus. Ventilators, Testing, Medical Supply Distribution, we made a lot of Governors look very good - And got no credit for so doing. Most importantly, we helped a lot of great people!

So he’s getting great reviews but also got no credit? How does anyone take a word this guy says seriously? :lol:

Also, what happened to ‘I take no responsibility’?

This is a piece de résistance of Trump bs. Has everything. Getting “great reviews” like he’s hosting a show. “China virus” to troll. Crying about no credit for doing the job. 

Bravo Don!!

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, squistion said:

Connor Lamm has proven to be an American fraud

He's a US Marine.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Max Power said:

2.1 million lives saved

Yaknow when you do this you should note in full disclosure that Trump only got off his ### when the stock market tanked.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Max Power said:

And Trump saved America from that

By taking no responsibility?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, squistion said:

Hacking his account, Yoda is so doing.

6 hours ago, squistion said:

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 3h3 hours ago

Sean Parnell is an American Hero. Connor Lamm has proven to be an American fraud, and a puppet for Crazy Nancy Pelosi. He said he would NOT vote for her for Speaker, and did. Will kill 2A. Voted to impeach (on nothing). A TOTAL & COMPLETE Sean Parnell Endorsement!

:(

Trump called a sitting congressman and Marine Corps veteran "an American fraud" on Memorial Day.

He also misspelled Rep. Conor Lamb's name, calling him "Connor Lamm."

And also lying about Lamb voting for Pelosi.  

• Like 1

The husband of the women who Trump is accusing Joe Scarborough of murdering has now written a note to Jack Dorsey (Twitter CEO) asking him to remove Trump’s posts about her.

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthelper/6968-jack-dorsey-letter/ffaa205b1364518c15b3/optimized/full.pdf#page=1

What an awful story. The President is pushing a conspiracy theory and making this guy’s life a living hell. And his supporters won’t say a damn thing about it.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Bucsfan5493 said:

The husband of the women who Trump is accusing Joe Scarborough of murdering has now written a note to Jack Dorsey (Twitter CEO) asking him to remove Trump’s posts about her.

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthelper/6968-jack-dorsey-letter/ffaa205b1364518c15b3/optimized/full.pdf#page=1

What an awful story. The President is pushing a conspiracy theory and making this guy’s life a living hell. And his supporters won’t say a damn thing about it.

They like it when he does this stuff. I suppose I shouldn’t be quick to judge, we’ll see what they have to say. 

1 minute ago, Snorkelson said:

They like it when he does this stuff. I suppose I shouldn’t be quick to judge, we’ll see what they have to say. 

Some of them do for sure, but I think those are more just the extreme MAGA types who truly believe every word Trump says and thinks anyone who attacks him is the enemy of the people.

I’d like to think the majority of Trump supporters are against this type of behavior and are not happy when he partakes in it. Then again, I don’t expect them to acknowledge it or admit to how insane it is that a sitting President behaves like this.

• Thinking 2

1 hour ago, Bucsfan5493 said:

More tweets this morning about this bull####. Just now.

Its amazing to me that anyone still supports this guy. What a disgrace he is.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, whoknew said:

More tweets this morning about this bull####. Just now.

Its amazing to me that anyone still supports this guy. What a disgrace he is.

His base isn't going to leave him. It's up to everyone else in the 65%+ of the country to get him out of office.

• Like 1

This is Tim Klausutis. His story is horribly sad as is the family's. He still lives in the same house he shared with his wife and he's told the story of the devastation of her death on his life. He's never remarried. This is pathetic, disgusting behavior from the nation's leader and representative. How men, who in real life would likely give someone like this a sock in the nose for acting like this towards someone in their life or community, support this person is unfathomable to me.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Some of them do for sure, but I think those are more just the extreme MAGA types who truly believe every word Trump says and thinks anyone who attacks him is the enemy of the people.

I’d like to think the majority of Trump supporters are against this type of behavior and are not happy when he partakes in it. Then again, I don’t expect them to acknowledge it or admit to how insane it is that a sitting President behaves like this.

I really don't think this is the case.  In my experience, his supporters seem to revel in this behavior and it's a significant part of the reason they support him in the first place.  Here on this board, we constantly see posts encouraging it, or posts like "Alpha!" or "Nailed it!" when he calls people names or spouts conspiracy theories.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Rich Conway said:

I really don't think this is the case.  In my experience, his supporters seem to revel in this behavior and it's a significant part of the reason they support him in the first place.  Here on this board, we constantly see posts encouraging it, or posts like "Alpha!" or "Nailed it!" when he calls people names or spouts conspiracy theories.

It’s a feature, not a flaw. 

4 minutes ago, Rich Conway said:

Sometimes its just excused as..."I wished he wouldn't tweet stuff".  Seems to be the easy "out" by not actually criticizing how terrible the behavior really is.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, Slapdash said:
On 5/25/2020 at 9:24 AM, squistion said:

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 1h1 hour ago

I love the Great State of North Carolina, so much so that I insisted on having the Republican National Convention in Charlotte at the end of August. Unfortunately, Democrat Governor, @RoyCooperNC is still in Shutdown mood & unable to guarantee that by August we will be allowed...

...full attendance in the Arena. In other words, we would be spending millions of dollars building the Arena to a very high standard without even knowing if the Democrat Governor would allow the Republican Party to fully occupy the space. Plans are being....

...made by many thousands of enthusiastic Republicans, and others, to head to beautiful North Carolina in August. They must be immediately given an answer by the Governor as to whether or not the space will be allowed to be fully occupied. If not, we will be reluctantly forced...

...to find, with all of the jobs and economic development it brings, another Republican National Convention site. This is not something I want to do. Thank you, and I LOVE the people of North Carolina!

Please do find somewhere else to host this dangerous event. Cooper is right as usual. It makes no sense to risk the health of people in Charlotte for Trump's vanity

Local councilman on CNN:  “Mar-a-Lago might be willing to host the convention that has no safety precautions in place, but Charlotte, North Carolina, is not,”

• Like 1

Putting aside whether the city is willing to host it- seems like a whole lot of the people that would normally attend a political convention are in the high risk category for this pandemic. Are they really willing to risk their future health just to please Donald Trump? 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Putting aside whether the city is willing to host it- seems like a whole lot of the people that would normally attend a political convention are in the high risk category for this pandemic. Are they really willing to risk their future health just to please Donald Trump? 

Yes, if they believe like those who I have seen on twitter and in interviews, that this is overblown by the media and the risk, if any, is small (as evidenced by the fact that Trump refuses to wear a mask).

Edited by squistion

5 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Are they really willing to risk their future health just to please Donald Trump? 

:mellow: 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, Rich Conway said:

Reminicent of Seth Rich here

20 minutes ago, Rich Conway said:

I think some on this board do fall into this group of Trump supporters and there are obviously plenty of them on social media as well. Most of the Trump supporters I know in real life though are more of the ‘I wish he wouldn’t tweet and say awful things but I like his policies more than the Democrats’ type.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, timschochet said:

Yes. At least the city I lived in for 8 years demonstrated such this past weekend. Huge Trump party that was well-attended and social distancing wasn't a thing. 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Bucsfan5493 said:

I think some on this board do fall into this group of Trump supporters and there are obviously plenty of them on social media as well. Most of the Trump supporters I know in real life though are more of the ‘I wish he wouldn’t tweet and say awful things but I like his policies more than the Democrats’ type.

This is a fair point. But at some point they have to own the person they voted for. When Trump speaks, he speaks for those people, whether they like it or not.

Edited by Leroy Hoard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know nothing should surprise me with this fool anymore and the depths of his depravity know no bounds but this is just so ####### heartless - 

Trump - Great News: The boring but very nasty magazine, The Atlantic, is rapidly failing, going down the tubes, and has just been forced to announce it is laying off at least 20% of its staff in order to limp into the future. This is a tough time to be in the Fake News Business!

---

"WOO HOO! 20% of the people at the Atlantic are getting laid off! Awesome!"

• Sad 4

8 minutes ago, whoknew said:

I know nothing should surprise me with this fool anymore and the depths of his depravity know no bounds but this is just so ####### heartless - 

Trump - Great News: The boring but very nasty magazine, The Atlantic, is rapidly failing, going down the tubes, and has just been forced to announce it is laying off at least 20% of its staff in order to limp into the future. This is a tough time to be in the Fake News Business!

---

He’s a horrible person and doesn’t care about anyone but himself.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bucsfan5493 said:

He’s a horrible person and doesn’t care about anyone but himself.

Same as day 1.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, whoknew said:

---

Hmm....will have to remember this for when Trump supporters say that Democrats want the economy to crash in order to hurt Trump.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, whoknew said:

---

Awful as usual.  

10 hours ago, Leroy Hoard said:

But at some point they have to own the person they voted for.

Who's going to make them?

• Love 1

Twitter tags Trump tweet with a fact check warning

Twitter's link directs users to a page on which Mr Trump's claims about mail-in ballots are described as "unsubstantiated". The social media company cites reporting on the issue by CNN, the Washington Post and others.

This is followed by a "what you need to know" section where Twitter corrects what it says are false claims by the US president.

The social media company had pledged to increase the warning labels under false or misleading information on its site - but it has been slow to take steps against the US president.

Twitter updated its policies on warning labels early this month.

What is President Trump's response?

In his new tweets, Mr Trump accused Twitter of interfering in the US presidential election scheduled for 3 November 2020.

He said the social media company was "completely stifling free speech, and I, as president, will not allow it to happen".

Twitter taking on Trump over spreading misinformation. The president of the United States of America, folks.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AAABatteries said:

They are damaging his ability to get re-elected by not allowing him to lie.  It’s crazy :lmao: 

It actually makes all the sense in the world. Lies are all he has left and they taking that away from him.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

It actually makes all the sense in the world. Lies are all he has left and they taking that away from him.

Labeling misinformation=silencing conservative voices. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

May 26

There is NO WAY (ZERO!) that Mail-In Ballots will be anything less than substantially fraudulent. Mail boxes will be robbed, ballots will be forged & even illegally printed out & fraudulently signed. The Governor of California is sending Ballots to millions of people, anyone.....

! Get the facts about mail-in ballots

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Then he goes on later to say:

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

13h

....Twitter is completely stifling FREE SPEECH, and I, as President, will not allow it to happen!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is stifling adding a link to a fact check? Or is it further free speech?

That one link above with the exclamation mark may become one of the biggest tweets ever!

Moving on, Trump threatens to shutter social media companies

Trump, without offering any evidence, reiterated his accusations of political bias by such technology platforms, tweeting: “Republicans feel that Social Media Platforms totally silence conservatives voices. We will strongly regulate, or close them down, before we can ever allow this to happen.”

He added: “Clean up your act, NOW!!!!”

Representatives for Twitter and Facebook could not be immediately reached for comment on Trump’s tweets. Shares of the companies were down in pre-market trading following his posts.

We won't regulate Comcast or Verizon, and they can sell whatever personal data they want, but we're certainly not going to allow Twitter to adhere to its own Terms of Service.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 3h3 hours ago

New papers make CLEAR that the Obama Administration SPIED, in an unprecedented manner, on the Trump Campaign and beyond, and even on the United States Senate. Nobody would ever have believed that this level of illegality and corruption would be taking place in our beautiful USA!

Edited by squistion

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 3h3 hours ago

OBAMAGATE MAKES WATERGATE LOOK LIKE SMALL POTATOES!

And Trump makes Nixon look like a saint. 

• Like 1

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 2 hours ago

Psycho Joe Scarborough is rattled, not only by his bad ratings but all of the things and facts that are coming out on the internet about opening a Cold Case. He knows what is happening!

This can't be helping one bit is his reelection, but he can't seem to let it go. 

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 1 hour ago 

The Radical Left Lamestream Media, together with their partner, the Do Nothing Democrats, are trying to spread a new narrative that President Trump was slow in reacting to Covid 19. Wrong, I was very fast, even doing the Ban on China long before anybody thought necessary!

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 17m

Twitter has now shown that everything we have been saying about them (and their other compatriots) is correct. Big action to follow!

• Laughing 2

6 minutes ago, squistion said:

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 17m

Twitter has now shown that everything we have been saying about them (and their other compatriots) is correct. Big action to follow!

https://twitter.com/tedlieu/status/1265437938898231296?s=20

Dear @realDonaldTrump:

The First Amendment stops the government—that’s you—from interfering with free speech. That means you can’t stop @Twitter from fact checking your false tweets. And the fact that we’re reading your excrement on Twitter shows it is not stifling your speech.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, squistion said:

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 1 hour ago 

The Radical Left Lamestream Media, together with their partner, the Do Nothing Democrats, are trying to spread a new narrative that President Trump was slow in reacting to Covid 19. Wrong, I was very fast, even doing the Ban on China long before anybody thought necessary!

Textbook example of "If Trump says it, the opposite must be true." His "response," if it can even be called such, was ineffective, focused(and still focusing, actually) more on the economy than the lives of Americans, highlighted his quoted statement of him not taking responsibility, and that's not even considering the bad medical advice he gave out at several points during the past few months.