Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
squistion

Donald Trump Tweets Thread

1 minute ago, Kal El said:

Textbook example of "If Trump says it, the opposite must be true." His "response," if it can even be called such, was ineffective, focused(and still focusing, actually) more on the economy than the lives of Americans, highlighted his quoted statement of him not taking responsibility, and that's not even considering the bad medical advice he gave out at several points during the past few months.

Well and he is still acting as if the “ban on china” was enough.  40,000 or so came in...people were still flooding in from other affected countries woth no screening.

And he dod that and then sat back and downplayed the rest of it hoping it would go away rather than being proactive.  The china restriction would have been a good first step...if there were other steps immediately following.  But there weren’t.

Posted (edited)

I mean I'm not on social media but I've seen plenty of conservatives post when you start going down Twitter replies

Edited by belljr

I'd be fine with the President shutting down Twitter because it would mean no more tweeting by the President.  It would also give him more time to play golf so it's really a win win.

29 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

https://twitter.com/tedlieu/status/1265437938898231296?s=20

Dear @realDonaldTrump:

The First Amendment stops the government—that’s you—from interfering with free speech. That means you can’t stop @Twitter from fact checking your false tweets. And the fact that we’re reading your excrement on Twitter shows it is not stifling your speech.

Big action to follow!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, squistion said:

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 2 hours ago

Psycho Joe Scarborough is rattled, not only by his bad ratings but all of the things and facts that are coming out on the internet about opening a Cold Case. He knows what is happening!

This can't be helping one bit is his reelection, but he can't seem to let it go. 

I think Trump really wants to lose. That way he can play the victim the rest of his life,  probably with his own TV network. A network that really will make Fox seem "fair and balanced".  Well at least balanced, as in not mentally unhinged.

Just now, Leroy Hoard said:

I think Trump really wants to lose. That way he can play the victim the rest of his life,  probably with his own TV network. A network that really will make Fox seem "fair and balanced".  Well at least balanced, as in not mentally unhinged.

I've been thinking about this possibility and I'm not sure it'll go down like that if he loses. Trump's biggest attraction is his willingness to take authoritarian actions to enact things that the right wing likes. Slapping the libs around, which will be the focal point of any TV network he starts, is a secondary -- though highly attractive to a certain segment -- appeal. If he loses, he's just another windbag and can't use his power any more to set bad policy.

Of course, my own logic falls apart when one considers Hannity and Limbaugh, who have no concrete power but outsized influence.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Well and he is still acting as if the “ban on china” was enough.  40,000 or so came in...people were still flooding in from other affected countries woth no screening.

And he dod that and then sat back and downplayed the rest of it hoping it would go away rather than being proactive.  The china restriction would have been a good first step...if there were other steps immediately following.  But there weren’t.

His response has been an abject failure. I'm fairly sure that most incoming Covid cases were from Europe, at least on the East Coast, but he kept harping on China, who, while they have a ton of crap wrong on their own, really had nothing to do with Trump's response.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, msommer said:

A true Republican would vehemently oppose "strongly regulat[ing]" any private business. 

• Like 3

25% of his total time reading, drafting, retweeting, and posting tweets? Would that be accurate?

3 minutes ago, urbanhack said:

25% of his total time reading, drafting, retweeting, and posting tweets? Would that be accurate?

Well he can't play golf all the time.

10 minutes ago, Kal El said:

His response has been an abject failure. I'm fairly sure that most incoming Covid cases were from Europe, at least on the East Coast, but he kept harping on China, who, while they have a ton of crap wrong on their own, really had nothing to do with Trump's response.

Yep.  Too bad he didn’t ban flights from Europe.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Well he can't play golf all the time.

Can’t he?

• Thinking 1

1 hour ago, Osaurus said:

Can’t he?

He's increasingly obese and unhealthy. He won't be able to race ahead in his cart and move his ball before anyone else gets there forever.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

And he is retweeting his nutty morning tweets using the POTUS account...

Posted (edited)

From Trump's WH Press Secretary:

Kayleigh McEnany‏ @PressSec 1h1 hour ago

President @realDonaldTrump is against the Democrat plan to politicize the coronavirus and expand mass mail-in voting without a reason, which has a high propensity for voter fraud. This is a simple distinction that the media fails to grasp.

The plan to expand mail-in voting is without a reason? 😲

Um, there is a really good reason - it is that pesky thing called the coronavirus, which has killed more than 100,000 people so far.

Edited by squistion
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, squistion said:

President @realDonaldTrump is against the Democrat plan to politicize the coronavirus and expand mass mail-in voting without a reason, which has a high propensity for voter fraud. This is a simple distinction that the media fails to grasp.

Um, there is a really good reason - it is that pesky thing called the coronavirus, which has killed more than 100,000 people so far.

Trump and his current mouthpiece (until fired like all the rest of his failed hirings) find his ability to get reelected more important than human lives.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, squistion said:

Trump press secretary Kayleigh McEnany has voted by mail 11 times in 10 years

• Like 5
  • Laughing 6

25 minutes ago, squistion said:

I have seen. If you can stand in line at Walmart then you can stand in line to vote.  Or America is the home of the brave so we should be fine with standing in line to vote.

8 minutes ago, Mile High said:

I have seen. If you can stand in line at Walmart then you can stand in line to vote.  Or America is the home of the brave so we should be fine with standing in line to vote.

This just in. A lot of Walmart shoppers are doing it on line. For good reason.

12 minutes ago, Mile High said:

It's just a song, man.

I like how mail in voting is a new phenomenon

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Wonder how they are going to steal the email telling me how my vote was received, after they stole my Ballot I was waiting to receive, after I got a mailing saying look for your ballot in the next week.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany has voted by mail in every Florida election she has participated in since 2010, according to state records. McEnany has defended President Donald Trump's recent attacks on vote by mail.

Obligatory link

https://www.businessinsider.com/white-house-press-secretary-votes-by-mail-florida-fraud-claims-2020-5

Edited by belljr
  • Like 2

Response to COVID can be measured relative to other countries. And it was abysmal. Propaganda can try to hide that, but the truth is evident. Only a few places are worse, and they are even further run by authoritarians who care more about their power than lives of their citizens. Only thing that prevented it from being worse are all the things Trump seeks to undermine. It’s all right there in the data.

• Like 1

He’s basically just going to end up giving live commentary about One America News Network segments on Gab before long.

I'll take a ham sandwich over this guy.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Daniel Dale‏ @ddale8 16m16 minutes ago

Trump and McEnany said Trump had to vote by mail because he couldn't be in Florida to do it in person.

Wrong. He was there for 2 full early voting days. A voting site was *across the street from his golf club.* He drove past it 6 times.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/27/politics/trump-vote-in-person-florida/index.html

• Laughing 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Mookie said:

I'd be fine with the President shutting down Twitter because it would mean no more tweeting by the President.  It would also give him more time to play golf so it's really a win win.

Exactly.  No more inane tweeting from the president + shutting down the sewer that is Twitter would definitely be a win-win situation.  I'd missed the sports and music stuff I follow on there, but it would be worth it to see that #### get flushed.

Edited by Ghost Rider

6 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

Exactly.  No more inane tweeting from the president + shutting down the sewer that is Twitter would definitely be a win-win situation.  I'd missed the sports and music stuff I follow on there, but it would be worth it to see that #### get flushed.

:sadbanana::no:

8 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

go ahead and flush fakebook with it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

go ahead and flush fakebook with it

OMG, yes!  Facebook is just as bad if not worse. 

2 minutes ago, squistion said:

:sadbanana::no:

I thought you had me on ignore. Or was that a fib to get out of answering my question from a week ago?

23 minutes ago, squistion said:

Wrong. He was there for 2 full early voting days. A voting site was *across the street from his golf club.* He drove past it 6 times.

Oh boy.

On 5/25/2020 at 12:04 PM, Max Power said:

And Trump saved America from that

death toll still mounting Max, and btw, he didn't close it fast enough, the real issue was travel from Europe, not China. 

but carry on

I love this tweet, btw:

Biden/Obama were a disaster in handling the H1N1 Swine Flu. Polling at the time showed disastrous approval numbers. 17,000 people died unnecessarily and through incompetence.,

I mean even the GOP honks read that and had to say...……...ugh what?

1 minute ago, Ghost Rider said:

OMG, yes!  Facebook is just as bad if not worse. 

I thought you had me on ignore. Or was that a fib to get out of answering my question from a week ago?

I have you on ignore. But in the threads that I have started I feel that I have an obligation to continue to monitor what is said and comment if necessary.

• Laughing 1

37 minutes ago, squistion said:

Daniel Dale‏ @ddale8 16m16 minutes ago

Trump and McEnany said Trump had to vote by mail because he couldn't be in Florida to do it in person.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/27/politics/trump-vote-in-person-florida/index.html

How dare Daniel Dale tweet about Trump's whereabouts on the day the death toll of Covid-19 reached 100K

1 minute ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

How dare Daniel Dale tweet about Trump's whereabouts on the day the death toll of Covid-19 reached 100K

It is his job - from his Twitter bio:

https://twitter.com/ddale8

Reporter for CNN, fact-checking the president and other politicians.

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 7m7 minutes ago

Texas Supreme Court: Lack of immunity to COVID-19 alone not enough to vote by mail https://www.dallasnews.com/news/public-health/2020/05/27/texas-supreme-court-lack-of-immunity-to-covid-19-not-enough-to-vote-by-mail/ … Big win in Texas on the dangerous Mail In Voting Scam!

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/public-health/2020/05/27/texas-supreme-court-lack-of-immunity-to-covid-19-not-enough-to-vote-by-mail/

:mellow: :( 

It is a big win if more people get infected with COVID-19  because they can't vote by mail?

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 1h1 hour ago

This will be a Big Day for Social Media and FAIRNESS!

Are you announcing that you are leaving social media and deleting your account?

• Like 2

He's got the world's greatest bully pulpit by virtue of his office. He shouldn't need, nor should he have the right, to post garbage on a private platform.

Twitter can ban me for abuse and lying, why not the Don?

Cross posted in coronavirus thread, but for those that missed it, Trump finally acknowledged reaching the 100k death threshold.

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 32m32 minutes ago

We have just reached a very sad milestone with the coronavirus pandemic deaths reaching 100,000. To all of the families & friends of those who have passed, I want to extend my heartfelt sympathy & love for everything that these great people stood for & represent. God be with you!

1 minute ago, squistion said:

Cross posted in coronavirus thread, but for those that missed it, Trump finally acknowledged reaching the 100k death threshold.

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 32m32 minutes ago

We have just reached a very sad milestone with the coronavirus pandemic deaths reaching 100,000. To all of the families & friends of those who have passed, I want to extend my heartfelt sympathy & love for everything that these great people stood for & represent. God be with you!

Zero chance Trump wrote this.  The spelling, grammar, punctuation, and restraint from all caps gives it away.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, squistion said:

I have you on ignore. But in the threads that I have started I feel that I have an obligation to continue to monitor what is said and comment if necessary.

lol, sure. And you monitor threads? :lol: 

• Like 1

Just now, Ghost Rider said:

lol, sure. And you monitor threads? 

For all those I start, yes, as I feel I have an obligation the OP to correct any misinformation that might be posted. I have never done what many people have in this forum, which is to start a controversial thread and then walk away from it, never to enter into the discussion again. 

Yeah, let's blame China again on all of the 100k deaths here, instead of your administration's inept response.

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 14m14 minutes ago

All over the World the CoronaVirus, a very bad “gift” from China, marches on. Not good!

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 7m7 minutes ago

Thank you to our GREAT Republican Congressmen & Congresswomen on your incredibly important blockage last night of a FISA Bill that would just perpetuate the abuse that produced the Greatest Political Crime In the History of the U.S., the Russian Witch-Hunt. Fantastic Job!

The Greatest Political Crime In the History of the U.S? Please.

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 4m4 minutes ago

The men and women of the National Guard have been doing a great job fighting the CoronaVirus. This week, I will extend their Title 32 orders through mid-August, so they can continue to help States succeed in their response and recovery efforts.

Perhaps one of the rare moments where pressure made him change his mind.

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 1m1 minute ago

MAIL-IN VOTING WILL LEAD TO MASSIVE FRAUD AND ABUSE. IT WILL ALSO LEAD TO THE END OF OUR GREAT REPUBLICAN PARTY. WE CAN NEVER LET THIS TRAGEDY BEFALL OUR NATION. BIG MAIL-IN VICTORY IN TEXAS COURT TODAY. CONGRATS!!!

LOUD NOISES!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 2

2 hours ago, squistion said:

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 1m1 minute ago

MAIL-IN VOTING WILL LEAD TO MASSIVE FRAUD AND ABUSE. IT WILL ALSO LEAD TO THE END OF OUR GREAT REPUBLICAN PARTY. WE CAN NEVER LET THIS TRAGEDY BEFALL OUR NATION. BIG MAIL-IN VICTORY IN TEXAS COURT TODAY. CONGRATS!!!

Unreal

• Like 1

4 hours ago, squistion said:

IT WILL ALSO LEAD TO THE END OF OUR GREAT REPUBLICAN PARTY.

Here’s your exhibit.

• Like 2