Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
squistion

Donald Trump Tweets Thread

@realDonaldTrump

.@FoxNews weekend afternoons is the worst! Getting into @CNN and MSDNC territory. Watch @OANN & @newsmax instead. Much better!

Trump's cancel culture getting out of hand imo. 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, roadkill1292 said:

The "REAL" polls are never gonna be released. If he actually had them showing him in the lead, right leaning media would be trumpeting them every day.

Again, though, the really curious thing is how Trump supporters routinely believe that polling is designed to influence voters instead of accurately gauge them ("phony suppression polls"). You have to stand logic on its head to believe that.

Also how sure they are he is going to get reelected. Biden is ahead in the polls but no way am I betting Biden is going to win.

Edited by lazyike

Trump campaign staffers are eager to switch from culture war stuff to Biden/China attacks, but Trump himself seems pretty content doing this:

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

They name teams out of STRENGTH, not weakness, but now the Washington Redskins & Cleveland Indians, two fabled sports franchises, look like they are going to be changing their names in order to be politically correct. Indians, like Elizabeth Warren, must be very angry right now!

1:13 PM · Jul 6, 2020

Here's some Gallup polling from this morning, by the way:

"Do you approve or disapprove of the way Donald Trump is handling race relations?"

31% Approve
63% Disapprove
6% Unsure

Keep on digging, I guess.

President should not be telling the Washington Redskins to change their name-our country has far bigger problems! FOCUS on them,not nonsense -  Trump in October 2013

Truly a tweet for everything.

• Like 4
  • Laughing 3

1 hour ago, caustic said:

They name teams out of STRENGTH, not weakness, but now the Washington Redskins & Cleveland Indians, two fabled sports franchises, look like they are going to be changing their names in order to be politically correct. Indians, like Elizabeth Warren, must be very angry right now!

:lmao:  :goodposting:

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1

1 hour ago, caustic said:

Trump campaign staffers are eager to switch from culture war stuff to Biden/China attacks, but Trump himself seems pretty content doing this:

Here's some Gallup polling from this morning, by the way:

"Do you approve or disapprove of the way Donald Trump is handling race relations?"

31% Approve
63% Disapprove
6% Unsure

Keep on digging, I guess.

Makes perfect sense. Teams aren’t named the skunks or pissclams etc

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, tonydead said:

:lmao:  :goodposting:

He’s a child 

That would rather bully during a time of historic civic unrest and with Americans dying on his watch.

Edited by JIslander
  • Like 6
  • Laughing 1

2 hours ago, Pitchfork said:

@realDonaldTrump

.@FoxNews weekend afternoons is the worst! Getting into @CNN and MSDNC territory. Watch @OANN & @newsmax instead. Much better!

Trump's cancel culture getting out of hand imo. 

So the king of calling anything bad fake news is promoting actual fake news again.

45 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

Makes perfect sense. Teams aren’t named the skunks or pissclams etc

Once again, skunk and pissclam=/= derogatory terms like Indian or Redskin. We're Native Americans, in my case Cherokee.

• Like 1

My daughter high school is named after an Indian tribe. Wonder how this will work

@ddale8

The president's tweets today:
- NASCAR hurt itself by banning the Confederate flag
- A Black driver should apologize over a noose hanging in his garage
- Take note of crime in sanctuary cities NYC and Chicago
- The Redskins and Indians shouldn't change their names
- "China virus"

---

He's not even bothering with dog whistles anymore. 

6 minutes ago, Pitchfork said:

@ddale8

- "China virus"

---

Very busy day for him.

Gonna be a long 4 months of him talking about the Confederate flag and the Redskins name change.

It’s interesting how selective our Trump supporters are here to engage over his tweets.  What about this ?? What a great day to be an American!

Guess it’s just another day with their POTUS.

8 hours ago, Pitchfork said:

@ddale8

- "China virus"

---

It's a wonder why non-Trump supporters sometimes associate Trump supporters with supporting racism.  I just can't put my finger on why exactly...

Note not a single Trump supporter bothered to even respond to these blatant racist call out tweets. 

Is this when we petition Trump to get rid of Columbus Day in favor of Super Monday (day after Super Bowl) as a federal holiday?  “That loser didn’t even set foot on American soil!”  Seems like there are a few areas we can use his...focus?...to our advantage

• Like 3
  • Thinking 1

The tirades today...the man is completely unhinged...lying about Obama, Biden, Mueller...just completely off the rails whining about the Supreme Court.  Apparently they are all deep state too.

Big fan of his 1/100th time

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sho nuff said:

The tirades today...the man is completely unhinged...lying about Obama, Biden, Mueller...just completely off the rails whining about the Supreme Court.  Apparently they are all deep state too.

If everywhere you go you smell dog #### maybe you should check your own shoe.

• Like 5
  • Laughing 2
  • Thinking 1

On 7/7/2020 at 7:48 AM, That one guy said:

Is this when we petition Trump to get rid of Columbus Day in favor of Super Monday (day after Super Bowl) as a federal holiday?  “That loser didn’t even set foot on American soil!”  Seems like there are a few areas we can use his...focus?...to our advantage

I like the way this one guy thinks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

On 7/7/2020 at 7:48 AM, That one guy said:

41 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

I like the way this one guy thinks.

Viable 3rd party candidate, write in that one guy. 

• Like 1

On 7/6/2020 at 1:49 PM, lazyike said:

Does he really believe fighting to keep the Confederate flag is going to help him get elected? He already has all those racists in his camp. He does realize they can only vote once, correct?

it seems more and more likely to me that he doesn't think he is going to be re-elected.

more likely he is trying to strengthen his already rabid support among the 34% to help him challenge the results, and stay in power claiming it was rigged,

or to support his next money and power grabbing endeavor for himself and his family.

had the feeling from the get go, that the long play was to set up her highness Ivanka.

crazy right? but is it me or him?

On 7/9/2020 at 5:52 PM, Snorkelson said:

Viable 3rd party candidate, write in that one guy. 

I am over the age of 35 and born in USA, fully qualified!

”Super Monday and Pizza Fridays, vote for That One Guy!”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, That one guy said:

May I lobby for weed and whisky Wednesdays? Steak Saturday? I mean, this is shaping up to be a pretty good platform.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, song said:

it seems more and more likely to me that he doesn't think he is going to be re-elected.

more likely he is trying to strengthen his already rabid support among the 34% to help him challenge the results, and stay in power claiming it was rigged,

or to support his next money and power grabbing endeavor for himself and his family.

had the feeling from the get go, that the long play was to set up her highness Ivanka.

crazy right? but is it me or him?

Or maybe trying to build enough support to avoid jail when the next administration comes in and unmasks JUST how corrupt he is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, That one guy said:

No Taco Tuesdays? Not qualified!!!

3 hours ago, Snorkelson said:

May I lobby for weed and whisky Wednesdays? Steak Saturday? I mean, this is shaping up to be a pretty good platform.

I mean, yeah, the weekend is for meat!  I’m thinking Wednesday can just be Wildcard Wednesday, get as wack as you want!

2 hours ago, msudaisy26 said:

No Taco Tuesdays? Not qualified!!!

That’s already in place...we can institutionalize it if ya want

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, That one guy said:

That’s already in place...we can institutionalize it if ya want

Agreed, I think Taco Tuesday and Thirsty Thursdays are here already, we just need to make it official. 

• Like 2

On 7/6/2020 at 4:40 PM, belljr said:

My daughter high school is named after an Indian tribe. Wonder how this will work

The high school is named after the tribe or their mascot is?

39 minutes ago, Dan Lambskin said:

Stir-Fridays

This man watches Archer...cabinet level position confirmed

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, song said:

That will last until about Jan. 15, 2021. At that point, Ivanka will explain that it isn't going to work and he'll resign so that Pence can issue a blanket pardon to him.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

The high school is named after the tribe or their mascot is?

We have in our region

Cherokee Chiefs

Lenape Indians

Shawnee Renegades

Seneca Golden Eagles

17 minutes ago, belljr said:

We have in our region

Cherokee Chiefs

Lenape Indians

Shawnee Renegades

Seneca Golden Eagles

I am not Native so I don't know how valuable my actual opinion is here but I think there's a potential difference between a mascot name and a school name. 

12 minutes ago, belljr said:

We have in our region

Cherokee Chiefs

Lenape Indians

Shawnee Renegades

Seneca Golden Eagles

Indian Land, SC - my current home town.  Area heen called Indian Land for literally hundreds of years as this region was a "reservation" as far back as the US revolution. 

Maybe 5 years ago there was a push for us to incorporate and there was discussion of picking a new name for the area which was met with massive hostility.  This area is heavily conservative and extremely resistant to change so i don't see us changing the name any time soon.

59 minutes ago, apalmer said:

That will last until about Jan. 15, 2021. At that point, Ivanka will explain that it isn't going to work and he'll resign so that Pence can issue a blanket pardon to him.

i agree your scenario is much more likely than that he'd be able to stay in power, and he could probably use the pardon,

but i don't think he'll ever publicly accept that a loss is legit, as i don't think he intends for himself or his family to ever leave the national stage.

exhaustingly interesting times.

46 minutes ago, belljr said:

We have in our region

Cherokee Chiefs

Lenape Indians

Shawnee Renegades

Seneca Golden Eagles

You’re from South Jersey, eh? I grew up in Moorestown.

59 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

I am not Native so I don't know how valuable my actual opinion is here but I think there's a potential difference between a mascot name and a school name. 

I don't think they should be changed either, was just wondering

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, moleculo said:

Indian Land, SC - my current home town.  Area heen called Indian Land for literally hundreds of years as this region was a "reservation" as far back as the US revolution. 

Maybe 5 years ago there was a push for us to incorporate and there was discussion of picking a new name for the area which was met with massive hostility.  This area is heavily conservative and extremely resistant to change so i don't see us changing the name any time soon.

Is the name of the town a reference to land that was taken from the original inhabitants?  If so, that’s an interesting position to hold so strongly. 

Edited by bigbottom

5 hours ago, bigbottom said:

Is the name of the town a reference to land that was taken from the original inhabitants?  If so, that’s an interesting position to hold so strongly. 

I'm not 100% sure.  There is a reservation across the river from Indian Land (near Rock Hill) but not actually in Indian Land.  I assume the reservation shrunk over time.  I'm not clear on the when, how, or why.

6 hours ago, bigbottom said:

It's perfect.

My high school mascot name is Indians. There's another high school 15 miles away with the same mascot name. Ours is based on the Lene Lenepe Indian Tribe who originally inhabited the land and the valley. It supposedly was chosen to honor their heritage. It's the original mascot name from inception of the school district. I don't believe there's ever been an outcry or push for it to be changed. The football helmets have changed over the years, now emblazoned with "TRIBE" on each side. Got rid of the spear and feathers a while back.

Not sure why this discussion is taking place in this thread but I wanted to share.

When do the bash Mueller tweets start?

13 hours ago, Ruffrodys05 said:

My high school mascot name is Indians. There's another high school 15 miles away with the same mascot name. Ours is based on the Lene Lenepe Indian Tribe who originally inhabited the land and the valley. It supposedly was chosen to honor their heritage. It's the original mascot name from inception of the school district. I don't believe there's ever been an outcry or push for it to be changed. The football helmets have changed over the years, now emblazoned with "TRIBE" on each side. Got rid of the spear and feathers a while back.

Not sure why this discussion is taking place in this thread but I wanted to share.

This is very normal in our country not just with school mascots but the names of cities and states which is really bizarre.  

1 minute he is retweeting quotes from Fox and Friends about supposed Republican voter registration...not long after, tweeting about how unfair FoxNews is to him.

:lmao:

Posted (edited)

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

·

3h

The Suburban Housewives of America must read this article. Biden will destroy your neighborhood and your American Dream. I will preserve it, and make it even better!

Edit: link to article. 

https://nypost.com/2020/07/21/joe-bidens-disastrous-plans-for-americas-suburbs/

Edited by Mile High
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1

1 minute ago, Mile High said:

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

·

3h

The Suburban Housewives of America must read this article. Biden will destroy your neighborhood and your American Dream. I will preserve it, and make it even better!

1950's called, they want to know what this twitter thing is all about.

3 minutes ago, The Gator said:

1950's called, they want to know what this twitter thing is all about.

Sorry missed getting the link in my first post. More like Scaring the white woman.