What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel Divisional Round (1 Viewer)

AquaBliss

Footballguy
Was waiting for KP to create this thread, but getting anxious.  I actually did pretty well last week so will be back for some more season ending fun this week.

Put together a couple teams thus far but tough to fit in everyone I deem crucial.  Seems like Le'veon is a must play in cash, but that's what I thought about Gurley last week, so will probably have a GPP team that fades all Steelers offense just in case.  

Not sure Gronk is worth paying up for this week but if he goes off, GPP winners will probably have picked him and I don't think many can fit him into the roster so will probably be low owned.

Was waiting for KP to create this thread, but getting anxious.  I actually did pretty well last week so will be back for some more season ending fun this week.

Put together a couple teams thus far but tough to fit in everyone I deem crucial.  Seems like Le'veon is a must play in cash, but that's what I thought about Gurley last week, so will probably have a GPP team that fades all Steelers offense just in case.  

Not sure Gronk is worth paying up for this week but if he goes off, GPP winners will probably have picked him and I don't think many can fit him into the roster so will probably be low owned.
I am still grumbling about them having 2 main slates with the bigger gpps for those and the 4 game slate is the weird one for some reason.  

My league is using the 4 gamer, so I will have to do that.  I just have a placeholder for 25cent gpps on the 2 game slates, but haven't decided if I am doing much more than that.  

I agree that Bell is a must in cash - I think it is different than what we saw with Gurley last week in that the rush D is the way to attack the Jags and they have the ability to take the WRs out.  Add to that I think the RB options are worse than last week and the good ones have worse matchups or are on the road now - NO on the road, Atl vs. a tough rush D.  But like you said I was about 100% wrong in how I thought the slate would go last week, so I also will have a gpp with a near Pitts fade just in case.  

I was thinking about running with Bell and Rex, but as a Pats homer I also want to play the rest of the Pats so I am not sure what to do there.  Excited to see them resting with Rex and Hogan probably back.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't looked at anything at all this week so far, but I'm going to take a hard look at V. McDonald and/or J. James.  Not sure how good JAX is against TE but these guys might be used more frequently this week since JAX has such good corners.

I only play DK gpp instead of FD, but last week was tough. My only lineups that cashed were the ones where I went heavy on Panthers/Saints. 

For this week, I like Eagles and Patriots players.

Big Ben had a nice second half to the season, but the schedule was pretty easy. If Brown is not 100%, I don't trust the Steelers at all. 

I think Brady and Bell are must plays and everyone else is a crapshoot
The thing that bothers me about Brady is that while he probably has the best matchup and team total, he hasn't hit 2.5x since week 11.  Not sure when he started popping up on the injury report with the Achilles, but I think something has looked off the last several weeks of the season.  

That said, I have absolutely 0 clue who to use at Qb instead this weekend.  

Thinking more and more going Henry/Lewis/Walker for cash, just gives you so many options at QB and WR

Meh.  Tossed $1 at the 4 game slate and one $2 entry each at Saturday and Sunday, all single entry GPPs.

I was going to mass entry $0.25 GPP 4 game slate but its closed / full.

stacking pats, falcons, and vikings in the respective entries.

The only must plays I see on the board are Gronk and perhaps Pittsburgh's defense. 

Pitt D was HORRIBLE against Fournette last time and Im sure they are eager to stomp a mud hole in the Jax.

SeniorVBDStudent said:
Pitt D was HORRIBLE against Fournette last time and Im sure they are eager to stomp a mud hole in the Jax.
That may be, but, without Shazier, gonna be very difficult to do, as evidenced by the 436 yds & 6 TD's that they gave up to the RB position on the ground the last 4 weeks of the season, along with over 200 yds & 1 TD to the RB position through the air. Fournette is probably the only JAX player that I will roster anywhere.

SeniorVBDStudent said:
Meh.  Tossed $1 at the 4 game slate and one $2 entry each at Saturday and Sunday, all single entry GPPs.

I was going to mass entry $0.25 GPP 4 game slate but its closed / full.

stacking pats, falcons, and vikings in the respective entries.
I was thinking about going heavy Pats, Vikes,  and Pitts.  

I guess based on last week that means I need to look at some Jags, Titans, and at the Atl/Philly game. 

Heavy Pats for me. All Brady, all the time. Everyone has been picking at Brady and Leadership in general there. I think they make a big statement today. And that week off did nothing but help. I love Lewis and all the touches he will get. I also like Henry (value) and Bell for the volume. I am also using Fournette. I have no clue at WR, but since I used Gronk — let’s just say I am looking for value at WR. Also, using Atlanta D and Sucoop. Hate how greedy ### companies (FanDuel) take adavatage of their customers with splitting the main slate!  Boo!  Boo!  Good luck. Let’s all split today’s top payout since it’s a two game slate!

Last edited by a moderator:
I will take it- 5x on the day, and the best I've hit on a 25cent entry - $10.  If only Tenn could have gotten more junk time production as I had Decker and C.Davis in that LU.  

Sitting at 4th in my league with the most # of players going tomorrow, and have 4 25cent Sunday only LUs as well. 

Now how come you come in only to post your great winnings, and never during the week to help us with plays? ;)
White was a last minute deal.  I play a little bit different. If a slate has a lot of contests 2 hrs out I’ll throw together 5-10 lineups and dump them into cheap contests. If there’s overlay in the last minute I pound them into as many contests as i can. I read this thread but don’t put much thought into lineup construction during the week because I’m not playing anything significant if there’s not overlay. 

No White or Davis for me. So nothing back yesterday. A couple decent opportunities with my Saturday-Sunday lineups still out there. 

I play mostly on DK and usually enter a bunch of 25 cent contests -- good day today -- 15 in and 107 out.  Came in 6th in the $25K QUARTER JUKEBOX for 75, would have been 4th for 150 if not for that crazy Keenum to Diggs walk off TD -- good day either way :D  

$70 in $175 out today

a couple of good sat sun lineups in play
$50 in $30 out to finish the rest of the weekend.  My great Brady/White/Amendola/Gronk lineups got torpedoed by Big Ben.  That last Diggs TD really helped as I was heavy on him and offset some of my Snead love.

@BassNBrew - Just giving you ####, my man.  I get what you are saying about not bothering if you don't see much overlay, which makes sense.  I have 0 clue why I hadn't considered White, as that was the perfect gpp play.   Come to think of it, the Pats are usually the best gpp plays because at any time that team can put up 4-5 TDs, and any one of about 6-7 players could produce as a result (Lewis, White, Rex, Gronk, Cooks, Hogan, Amendola, Brady) and 1/2 of those guys are usually lower owned for that reason - nobody can predict who it will be.   This week it could just as easily be Hogan and Rex's week.   I think what I might do is have a core of other guys for the weekend, and just rotate in a mix of Pats.  

I have never seen a short slate with such high scores - almost 200pt was what was needed to take down a 2 game slate yesterday with all those guys going off.  

I didn't have quite as good of a day as Saturday, but still on the + side.  I managed to win my league again, and had that LU in a gpp as well and it cashed there.  Also managed to cash 3 of the other 5 LUs I had as well.  

Heading into Sunday's games, I am only 5pts behind the overall leader now, and 3rd-5th are about 25pts behind me.  Even if I don't win the week, I am hoping to make up that differential and take the season long title for some $.  

Users who are viewing this thread