What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mikaela Shiffrin - US Ski Team (1 Viewer)

Shiffrin became the first man or woman to win five straight World Cup races since German Katja Seizinger in 1997.

She also tied Austrian Annemarie Moser-Proell‘s record for most World Cup wins before turning 23, grabbing her 41st career victory and 10th this season.

Lindsey Vonn, the female record holder with 78 victories, had seven at this age.

Shiffrin is favored to win three gold medals in PyeongChang (slalom, giant slalom, super combined), which would match the record for an Alpine skier at one Olympics.

All of Shiffrin’s eight wins in this nine-race span have been in slalom (or some variation) and giant slalom.

The Coloradoan grabbed gold in Sochi as the youngest Olympic slalom champion ever. She since matured into the world’s best all-around skier, taking last year’s World Cup overall title and running away in this year’s standings.

I mean, she's amazing.  And once again, I'll pay attention to her for about a week during the Olympics and forget that she's likely the most dominant American athlete in the world right now.  

I mean, she's amazing.  And once again, I'll pay attention to her for about a week during the Olympics and forget that she's likely the most dominant American athlete in the world right now.  
I thought that was Tom Brady now that Jesus Christ has retired, followed closely by Tom Brady's penis in second place, which is not to say Josh McDaniels, but Tom Brady's actual penis.

She's quite the impressive young lady, America's new sweetheart if marketed well.

Lindsey Vonn probably hates her. Mikaela is much better, younger, and hotter and is stealing Vonn's attention and endorsements. 

She's quite the impressive young lady, America's new sweetheart if marketed well.

Lindsey Vonn probably hates her. Mikaela is much better, younger, and hotter and is stealing Vonn's attention and endorsements. 
Shiffrin might be better today, 11 years younger that Vonn (certainly in the slalom), but has a long long way to go to match Vonn's career and obviously will never be half as good in the speed events.

I think Vonn is hotter but she is better and younger.

I think the winner for women in this Olympics is Chloe Kim. Younger, dominant is sport, great charismatic personality and in a year HOTTER.

Ned said:
You need to go find one of her little pre-race booty shakes and show us.  She reminds me of that Aussie track star (hurdles) who would do an even better one.  And who was even hotter.  Guaranteed she got the idea from her.  Nothing wrong with marketing yourself like that.  Neither will ever reach the top so that might as well try and milk what else they got.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
I met her at a fundraiser. Mrs. SLB pointed out that Mikaela kept checking me out all night.  Actually her exact words were "Are you kidding me?!! She keeps looking at over at you!! Do you have cat shirt under there somewhere!!" 

:coffee:

ETA There's a pic of us on facebat posted 18-24 months ago. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread