What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Thoughts on the way ahead for this team (1 Viewer)

Matt's Eagles

Footballguy
Just took it over .5 PPR

Start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 Flex

QB Brees, Dak

RB Fournette, Burkhead, Cohen, Perine, McKinnion, Davis, R Smith, D Henderson, Ware

WR Adams, Baldwin, Cooks, Lockett, Ginn JR, TY Williams, Meredith, K Cole, C Coleman, Z Zay Jones

TE D Walker, B Watson

I would look to trade Brees.  I think Dak bounces back and you only need one QB.  Try and package Brees & Baldwin for an upgrade at WR that is younger with some upside.  I think you will be able to get more for Brees than Dak at this point which is why I would look to move Brees. Although that window could close a bit if people think this year (running heavy for the Saints) is the way their offense is moving.  Try and capitalize on his first playoff game and see if you can get some value.

Need to upgrade at TE.  Walker still has a year or two but getting younger should be a priority. 

RB's could be solid or could need a RB2 behind Fournette.  A lot of potential depending on landing spots and usage. 

I would look to trade Brees.  I think Dak bounces back and you only need one QB.  Try and package Brees & Baldwin for an upgrade at WR that is younger with some upside.  I think you will be able to get more for Brees than Dak at this point which is why I would look to move Brees. Although that window could close a bit if people think this year (running heavy for the Saints) is the way their offense is moving.  Try and capitalize on his first playoff game and see if you can get some value.

Need to upgrade at TE.  Walker still has a year or two but getting younger should be a priority. 

RB's could be solid or could need a RB2 behind Fournette.  A lot of potential depending on landing spots and usage. 
Pretty much agreed, with all the young QB's coming into the league next year I'd try and move Brees and roll with Dak and take a couple of flyers on the younger guys. TE does need to be upgraded but unless you can find a way to get one of the top 3,Gronk-Kelce or Ertz I wouldn't try and trade for anyone else. Instead of Baldwin I'd try and package Brees with any of these guys- McKinnion, Davis, R Smith, D Henderson, Ware. Maybe try and trade McKinnon to the Dalvin Cook owner.

Pretty much agreed, with all the young QB's coming into the league next year I'd try and move Brees and roll with Dak and take a couple of flyers on the younger guys. TE does need to be upgraded but unless you can find a way to get one of the top 3,Gronk-Kelce or Ertz I wouldn't try and trade for anyone else. Instead of Baldwin I'd try and package Brees with any of these guys- McKinnion, Davis, R Smith, D Henderson, Ware. Maybe try and trade McKinnon to the Dalvin Cook owner.
McKinnon is an UFA.  He may not be with the Vikings so he wouldn't have much value for the Cook owner.  He is a guy I would be holding until you see where he ends up unless someone just blew me away with an offer.  Right now I think his upside (in the right situation) is more than what I could get for him in trade.

Baldwin is getting up there in age and has some name recognition.   Plus he seems to be on the decline.  I would look to get what I could for him. 

Build around fournette Adams dak. You probably aren’t going to get a lot for Brees at this point in his career, but maybe you can use him to improve your 1st rd draft status (speaking of, where do you pick?) I’d try to use him in a package rather than on his own. I think Baldwin and cooks may still command some value in a trade but if they aren’t reliable next year their value is gone, so I’d try to get out on them. TY Williams and Meredith are nice young flyers to hang onto. Coleman is probably a hold and hope his value bounces back. If buffalo brings in a new qb it may be the time to move jones on the new qb hype, I didn’t see much to be impressed with this year. You have some intriguing young guys but some of the names haven’t may just be names a year from now. 

This team is in a tough spot.....it's decent so it would be competitive, but IMO isn't strong enough to win a title with.

So I would put Brees, Baldwin and Cooks on the block and see what you can get.  Hard to tell what you can get or picks you can get without knowing what picks you have in the upcoming rookie draft.

As Snorkelson said, build around Fournette, Dak and Adams.  Those are 3 solid pieces.  It's tough to take a step back to take 2 steps forward, but I would hate to see you hold on to this team and finish in 4th to 6th place in the upcoming years.

Matt's Eagles said:
Got offered Cooper

I give Baldwin/Burkead

Thoughts on this?  Is it a good buy low? or an over pay
Depends on what side of the Cooper coin you fall on.  If you buy into Gruden turning some things around then it's probably a good buy low.  You aren't really giving up much in the deal as Cooper and Baldwin can be argued as going in opposite directions in dynasty value.  Burkhead is just a crap shoot to own.  No real trade value and who knows how he will be utilized next year.  Complete question mark.

I would probably do that even though I am not a fan of Cooper.  That is offset with not being a fan of Baldwin either.  I think Cooper has the better upside and if he can get consistent has shown talent to be dominating. 

Matt's Eagles said:
Got offered Cooper

I give Baldwin/Burkead

Thoughts on this?  Is it a good buy low? or an over pay
I would accept that trade.  I have soured on Cooper a little, but a coaching change and possibly Crabtree leaving town could be what Cooper needs.

I have Cooper and Baldwin ranked pretty similarly for next year, so take the player that's much younger.

Yeah I thought so too..

other offers I have received and rejected

I give Fournette

I get Alshon/Duke Johnson

--------------------

I give Cooks, Delanie, Rod Smith, pick  4.7

I get CJA or Chris Thompson, Doctson, Ertz, pick 3.6

-------------------------------

I give Fournette

I get pick 1.12, Lamar Miller, Sammy Watkins

-------------------

I give Fournette

I get Mike Thomas

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I thought so too..

other offers I have received and rejected

I give Fournette

I get Alshon/Duke Johnson

--------------------

I give Cooks, Delanie, Rod Smith, pick  4.7

I get CJA or Chris Thompson, Doctson, Ertz, pick 3.6

-------------------------------

I give Fournette

I get pick 1.12, Lamar Miller, Sammy Watkins

-------------------

I give Fournette

I get Mike Thomas
Of all those offers I like the Ertz deal the best.  Not that I would take it but that is the best offer of the bunch.

Yeah I like the Ertz one too, especially as an Eagles Homer.... I think Doctson maybe ok with Smith... and choosing CT or CJA over Rod Smith is ok... walker is at the end... also get a pick upgrade... I countered with

i give Baldwin, Smith, Mike Davis, Walker

i get Ertz, CJA, Doctson

Lol.... got offered this...

i give

LF

Adams

Baldwin

Walker

i get

CJA

Chris Thompson

Mike Evans

Doctson 

Ertz

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol.... got offered this...

i give

LF

Adams

Baldwin

Walker

i get

CJA

Chris Thompson

Mike Evans

Doug Baldwin

Ertz
I think the bolded are a wash......hahahha

At first glance I thought it was an easy "no" but the more I look at it the closer it seems depending on your thoughts on Evans and Adams.  I am really worried about Adams due to his two concussions last year and the chances of another one being a huge issue.  Also, if you think Evans will return to elite status then he can equal Fournette especially if you have worries about his ankle situation being nagging.  CJA & Thompson could be RB2's in the right situations and Ertz is an upgrade over Walker. 

It's closer than I thought but I think I would rather have Fournette because I am not worried about his ankle and you need RB help but it's close for me.

Users who are viewing this thread