What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wet Dream Team (1 Viewer)

WetDream

Ogling women with bueno
At first, I thought this story would be about me.  Sadly, this basketball team has nothing to do about me and all to do about overt and unabashed racism.  Sad!

It’s lights out for the “Wet Dream Team.”

A youth basketball team in Ohio has been kicked out of a Cincinnati recreational league after a parent took issue with players’ jerseys emblazoned with names like “Coon” and “Knee Grow,” the Cincinnati Enquirer reports.

“It was so blatant that it had to be fake,” parent Tony Rue told the newspaper. “Sadly it wasn’t.”

Rue posted a lengthy take on Facebook on Sunday after spotting the “inappropriate” jerseys referencing sexual conduct and racist nicknames on a team from suburban Kings Mills during its fourth week of the season.

“It was so inappropriate that the coaches of the girls’ teams that played before us quickly ushered the girls out of the gym so they wouldn’t have to see it,” Rue wrote. “By no means are we perfect parents or assume our teenage boys are innocent and don’t speak of things like this, but I could never imagine allowing my teenage son to represent his school and league in this manner, let alone representing our family with such filth.”

The game was called during the second quarter after a team rep for the opposing team spoke with referees, Rue told the newspaper. Still, Rue wants answers as to how and why the offending monikers got onto the jerseys in the first place.

“There is enough hate, bullying, and aggressive behavior in the world that these kids, parents, and schools shouldn’t have to deal with bigotry and lewd innuendos on jerseys and in team names in a school district represented recreational basketball league,” Rue’s Facebook post continued. “This isn’t a typo, this isn’t a mistake, these are ideas that were thought of, discussed, agreed upon by adults and kids alike, printed on uniforms, social media accounts registered and manned and no one thought this was a bad idea or inappropriate?”

League officials, meanwhile, confirmed in a statement to the newspaper that the seventh-through-12th-grade Kings Mills team has been kicked out because its “actions and conduct” do not meet expected standards.

Charrisse Middleton, a coordinator for the Kings Rec Basketball, apologized for the controversial jerseys and told Fox 19 that the team was immediately removed from the Cincinnati Premier Youth Basketball League as a result.

Middleton also provided a statement to the station on behalf of the team’s coach.

“We offered to cover them up or change, however the league saw fit to remove us and we have accepted that decision,” the statement reads.

Local NAACP officials are hoping the incident will serve as a “teachable moment” for the young players.

“This is a teachable moment for them to understand how these words are hurtful,” Joe Mallory, first vice president of the Cincinnati chapter of the NAACP, told the station. “They’re inflammatory, and they’re divisive to the entire community.”

Mallory said whoever allowed the boys to produce and wear the jerseys needs to be held accountable.

“It’s everybody’s problem,” Mallory said. “It’s everybody’s business that when these things happen, we all stand up and speak out on it.”

Why, with all these kinds of stories, is it always being reported in the 4th or 5th week?  How did it survive beyond warmups week 1?

this is pretty disgusting one of the kids on the team was the kid of a school board member and this was the fourth game it is just pretty sad to me that the parents the coach other coahces and especially the school board member did not stop this immeidately kids are kids but this is just beyond stupid take that to the bank brohans 

Users who are viewing this thread