What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Beto O'Rourke Thread (1 Viewer)

:lol:  Cruz is such a disgusting pig. How anyone votes for him is beyond belief. :lol:  
One opportunity to speak well of your political opponent and then he flings crap all over the place I guess that's to be expected from a guy like him.

Line of the night: "True to form."
I take it back. This was the line of the night. 

Notice what he does here. First he reminds everyone how much Trump dumped on Cruz. Then he reminds us that Cruz sat back and took it. Then he pivots to Putin and plays the patriotism card (against a Republican! In Texas!) But he never sounds gratuitous or nasty doing it.

Dude's got skills.

Beto mopped the floor with lyin Ted. 

Has Trump rallied in Texas for Cruz yet? That probably isn't the greatest idea.

Beto is presidential material. The DUI concerns me tho.

Last edited by a moderator:
Teddy is getting a lot of flack on twitter for this post. I don't understand what he thinks is so bad in Beto's answer. Unless he's just appealing to the racists. But that seems so unlike the GOP.

Gachi said:
Beto is presidential material. The DUI concerns me tho.
Yeah but did W drive around coked up? Betos mistake can be forgiven consideeing hes lived a wholesome life since.

Teddy is getting a lot of flack on twitter for this post. I don't understand what he thinks is so bad in Beto's answer. Unless he's just appealing to the racists. But that seems so unlike the GOP.
What a little #####. He needs to lose. 

Beto continues to impress me. When’s the last time a white southerner spoke out specifically against racism against blacks via police brutality, the prison industrial complex and the failed war on drugs? 

We need this man, badly. 

Texas has the lowest (or second lowest) voter turnout in the nation, only about 46% of registered voters show up to vote. There’s a lot of apathy here. Republicans run unopposed in a lot of districts. 

But I feel like Beto is breathing new life into Texans, specifically the young college aged crowd. 

I live in rural Trump county Texas and even here I’m seeing a ton of Beto signs.

I feel the same way about Beto as I do about the National Democratic Party. They’re gonna have to go after the people who usually stay home. Specifically the millennials who stayed home in 2016. Republican Party is a lost cause, there’s no hope for them. They are the party of trump now. 

i think Beto is doing an amazing job of energizing young people and for him to win in November the young people are going to have to show up big. 

Heck, we drove through an affluent part of Houston last night (houses 2.5 mil and above) and counted 11 yards with Beto signs to only 3 with Cruz signs. Now of course, less than 10% of the yards had signs and I have no doubt the majority of that neighborhood will vote for Cruz, but Beto seems to be energizing more than just young people. 

Heck, we drove through an affluent part of Houston last night (houses 2.5 mil and above) and counted 11 yards with Beto signs to only 3 with Cruz signs. Now of course, less than 10% of the yards had signs and I have no doubt the majority of that neighborhood will vote for Cruz, but Beto seems to be energizing more than just young people. 
I live in a heavily red district and didn't see my first Cruz sign until yesterday. If you were only using the yard sign metric, you'd think Beto was running unopposed.

For those that know what Nextdoor is, there was a thread started a few days ago about a Ted Cruz sign that was stolen.  Hilarity ensued....

For those that don’t know what Nextdoor is, your missing on some amazing comedy.

Latest quinniac poll shows Cruz has 45% support among Latino voters. 

Unless this figure changes, Texas will never be a blue state. 

"suspicious looking" was the code for non white people it seemed like. I'm in the Seattle area. It's not socially acceptable to be explicitly racist here, so we dog whistle. 
Title: “strange Mexican man at my door”

First reply: “Howd you know he was Mexican?”

annnnnnddd we’re off......

joffer said:
For those that know what Nextdoor is, there was a thread started a few days ago about a Ted Cruz sign that was stolen.  Hilarity ensued....

For those that don’t know what Nextdoor is, your missing on some amazing comedy.
Is nextdoor a local neighborhood gossip forum?

timschochet said:

I’m honestly stunned by this. Is it a self loathing thing?

Odd way to look at a poll.   O'Rourke has 54 percent of Latino voters in that poll.   They also only include likely voters based on a single binary question that doesn't rank voter enthusiasm, and select from a mix of landlines and cell phones.   It's not really a great way to look at who's actually going to show up and vote.

Beto ads have Beto talking about ideas

Cruz ads have evil voice saying BS about Beto

telling
Should be campaign law passed, ads can only be about you and your ideas/policies.  Tell me what you are going to do and why I should vote for you.  Not why I shouldn't vote for your opponent. 

Users who are viewing this thread