What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is it possible to spot glaze a sink? (1 Viewer)

RokNRole

Footballguy
Long story short, my kitchen sink and dishwasher were clogged for several days. I was unable to cook and clean in my kitchen until maintenance fixed it this morning. Last night I had no choice but to wash a bowl in my bathroom sink so I could eat out of it. The bowl slipped and took a chip out of the sink.

When I move I don’t want the scumbags from the property management company trying to take the sink out of my security deposit. They took their sweet time getting over to fix it despite numerous calls and me being very cordial and patient with them. The problem took only 15 minutes to correct and they finally sent the guy when I began to get agitated. I’ve uploaded a pic of the chip.

https://imgur.com/a/PpNnf

Any cheap way to fix this?

Go to home Depot and pick up some 00 steel wool, brush and tub refinished.  Total will set you back about 30 bucks. Make sure to get the refinished in the can, NOT the spray.  Plan on 3 coats, plenty of ventilation and not using the sink for 3 days.   Good luck

Go to home Depot and pick up some 00 steel wool, brush and tub refinished.  Total will set you back about 30 bucks. Make sure to get the refinished in the can, NOT the spray.  Plan on 3 coats, plenty of ventilation and not using the sink for 3 days.   Good luck
I found this a little unclear. Do I have to glaze the entire sink?

Ventilation may be an issue since my bathroom has no windows, only a ventilation fan. I can go 3 days without using the sink but I would have to use the shower 1-2 times a day and don’t want to breath in dangerous fumes.

No, you can spot glaze.  You just need to build up layers.  Directions are on the tub refinishing product but basically the steel wool is used to barely mark up the new and surround existing glaze to give the next layer something to adhere to.  As you can imagine the glaze is a very slick surface so if you don't scuff it up a bit with the steel wool the new layer won't adhere properly.

Directions may tell you to wear a mask but with a vent fan and such a small job I think it will not be necessary to get a mask.  But do know that this stuff is pretty nasty so try to avoid inhaling it.  Smell in the room will dissipate quickly with fan so using toilet and shower soon after will not be an issue.  It is the sink that you will want to avoid using for several days to let the finish build up and cure

RokNRole said:
Ventilation may be an issue since my bathroom has no windows, only a ventilation fan. I can go 3 days without using the sink but I would have to use the shower 1-2 times a day and don’t want to breath in dangerous fumes.
My guess is you've inhaled just as dangerous stuff before

Users who are viewing this thread