What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** Titans @ Patriots - Game Thread (1 Viewer)

-OZ-

Footballguy
Giddyup

Does anyone other than Maurice Jones Drew give the Titans a legitimate chance? (Presumably the Titans themselves do...)

Let's go 27-21 Titans

:unsure:

GO Titans!

I may have to get up early tomorrow morning (=8 pm EST)  to see if I can find a stream....

Patriots get back Hogan, White and Burkhead on offense. They get back Van Noy and Branch on defense. This is the healthiest they have been in months, talk about a bye really helping a team. James Harrison will be huge in this game for New England.

Kelce was destroying the Titans before he got hurt. If the Titans didn’t have an answer for Kelce, how are they going to stop the best TE in football on an offense that has more weapons than KC? Hate the Patriots all you want but don’t let it cloud your thinking on how this game is going to go. If the Pats don’t turn the ball over they win this game easily.

Last edited by a moderator:
 Hate the Patriots all you want but don’t let it cloud your thinking on how this game is going to go. If the Pats don’t turn the ball over they win this game easily.
You're right with the rest of your post. But I'm no Pats hater. I'm just a Titans fan with a dream.

There's no chance I'd put money on the Titans here. But I can hope!

You're right with the rest of your post. But I'm no Pats hater. I'm just a Titans fan with a dream.

There's no chance I'd put money on the Titans here. But I can hope!
I have money on them. 13.5 points eases the anxiety. 

Pats are 23-15-1 all time vs the Oilers/Titans. But they're 7-1 all time vs the Titans, 5-0 at home including 1-0 in the playoffs.

Pats are 23-15-1 all time vs the Oilers/Titans. But they're 7-1 all time vs the Titans, 5-0 at home including 1-0 in the playoffs.
coincidentally, the Titans had just completed their first year as the Titans and lost SB XXXIV when Brady was drafted. 

These stats always make me chuckle... teams are very very different than when most of those games were played. 

Titans have relied on 2H/4Q comebacks a LOT this year. Pats have been DOMINANT in 2H/4Q down the stretch, allowing about 4PPG 2H / 1PPG 4Q. Couple that with pats historically unbeatable with a lead in the 2H at home during Belichick era (something crazy like 84-1)... and the Titans need to come out of the gate strong. If they are down by more than a score going into 2H, they are likely in big, big trouble. 

These stats always make me chuckle... teams are very very different than when most of those games were played. 

Titans have relied on 2H/4Q comebacks a LOT this year. Pats have been DOMINANT in 2H/4Q down the stretch, allowing about 4PPG 2H / 1PPG 4Q. Couple that with pats historically unbeatable with a lead in the 2H at home during Belichick era (something crazy like 84-1)... and the Titans need to come out of the gate strong. If they are down by more than a score going into 2H, they are likely in big, big trouble. 
Oh I know, I just enjoy football history, especially two original AFL franchises going at it in the playoffs.

But you don't see many 13.5 point favorites in the playoffs. The only shot I see for the Titans is that their defense can at times be good. The only chance I see for them is if they somehow keep NE under 20 late in the game.

Oh I know, I just enjoy football history, especially two original AFL franchises going at it in the playoffs.

But you don't see many 13.5 point favorites in the playoffs. The only shot I see for the Titans is that their defense can at times be good. The only chance I see for them is if they somehow keep NE under 20 late in the game.
Or Brady plays like poo

Or Brady plays like poo

Only way Titans win this is if Mariota goes Vince Young against USC today.
They have to play near perfect football. MM and Henry need to be on top of their game, but more importantly the secondary needs to keep gronk and the receivers in check. They must pressure Brady. 

It can happen. 

They have to play near perfect football. MM and Henry need to be on top of their game, but more importantly the secondary needs to keep gronk and the receivers in check. They must pressure Brady. 

It can happen. 
Defensive key

If it's close late (doubtful), just wait for riveron to make a catch, no catch review to tip it for ne.

This game has all the makings of an absolute dog.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bold prediction: this game will be a lot more exciting than people think.  Or it will be a dog.

I feel like Titans can keep it close. Pats D is lousy, Brady is showing a tiny hint of age, and TN is a different team when Mariota is healthy, which he seems to be. 

That being said, I'm 1-4 vs the spread this postseason, so NE probably wins by 40

Only way Titans win this is if Mariota goes Vince Young against USC today.
Yep. They need to take chances and throw caution against the wind. Play like you have nothing to lose. Don't go conservative like Buffalo against JAX. Play like it's the last game of the year...because it is unless you do that. Go for it on 4th and short.

Austin Johnson was on the sideline standing, tackled right in front of him. Then graphic comes on with him starting...umm nope

Last week all about Kelce. This week already the Gronk love.

Do the announcers not notice Walker? 

Users who are viewing this thread