What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's with athletes being susceptible to conspiracy theories? (1 Viewer)

wazoo11

Footballguy
I was just listening to the JJ Redick podcast and he had Kyrie Irving on.

He thinks that he is not convinced that Dinosaurs existed. He talks about how some scientist coined the term 150 years ago and all of a sudden we started discovering fossils.

He also claims humans have been around only since 10,000 BC. ( that's a total farce. Homo Sapiens existed 200,000 years ago. )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO_zejwc054 Around 4:18 mark.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn’t consider flat earth and creationism to be conspiracy theories. It’s just religious malarkey that some still hold on to.

If HE isn't willing to pull back the veil and open our eyes then no one else will. I think it is good he uses his platform for good. 

Wait....no......just another dummy. 

1. We aren't talking about the most intellectual focused, well educated general group when it comes to athletes.

2. They are also fortunate enough to have won the genetic lottery, and imo when combined with fact #1 it becomes easier for them to believe crazy low odds outlier conspiracies than most, since "they" are proof that the one-in-a-million chance comes through. 

I wouldn’t consider flat earth and creationism to be conspiracy theories. It’s just religious malarkey that some still hold on to.
There's nothing really religious about "flat earth" and it is a conspiracy from the perspective that people have been trying to convince us that the earth isn't flat.  

After everyone blasted Kyrie about his flat earth nonsense, he backpedaled and claimed he was joking/running a social experiment.  So maybe this is him just trolling everyone again...or maybe he is just an idiot.  I vote the latter.  

I mean, they’re elite athletes who have been coddled their entire lives because they’re good at sports. No one cares if they read their biology book in 8th grade and they hang out with a bunch of yes men. 

This and they have an audience that listens to him. 
I remember wising, when I was into conspiracies, that Lebron James would come out and say 9-11 was an inside job or the Illuminati was implementing the NWO or something.  Of course when someone does say something it's friggin flat Earth and dinosaurs.  

I hung out with Johnny "Nitro" Damon for about an hour a couple of weeks ago and he's convinced that the Vegas shooter was actually an FBI operative who was selling weapons to ISIS.

Also out today was that she deleted her Facebook the morning of the attack. Lots we are still learning. 

Plus there's some other recent things we're in the dark on. No one is covering the guy who attacked the congressional softball game or the guy who attacked Rand Paul at his house. Seems like we get a day of news then silence. 
What's there to cover, really?  Rand got in a fight with his neighbor, and the softball game guy died at the scene.  Nothing really mysterious, unless you know something the rest of us don't.

The emails between his accounts, where they think he was talking to himself, present what seems like an obvious explanation to me. SPAM emails that seemingly came from one of his accounts, sent to others in his contact list or email system. I’ve received emails from my work email address, addressed to my work email address. They read like SPAM too.

The religious  right  teaches this crap, my wife really believed dinosaurs roamed the earth 2000 years ago.  

I was just listening to the JJ Redick podcast and he had Kyrie Irving on.

He thinks that he is not convinced that Dinosaurs existed. He talks about how some scientist coined the term 150 years ago and all of a sudden we started discovering fossils.

He also claims humans have been around only since 10,000 BC. ( that's a total farce. Homo Sapiens existed 200,000 years ago. )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO_zejwc054 Around 4:18 mark.
Dinosaurs having existed isn't taught until year 2 at Duke.

Athletes are stupid by and large. It's not different than actors. see: Scientology 
I did see a show once that had phycologists talking about athletes and actors.  Athletes for their whole playing careers live in a constant state of adolescence with all the money, fame, people worrying about their feelings, doing everything for them and so on.  To the point they really never mature as adults. Someone like Lebron James who tasted this much earlier than most even before he was in HS. Even though James will be in his mid 30s soon he probably has the mind set of someone in his early 20s.  James is just an example as there are so many others in every sport.

Actors are much the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread