What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jacksonville at Pittsburgh (1 Viewer)

Man In The Box

Footballguy
Is there a game thread? I couldn’t find one. 

This reminds me a lot of last year when Miami beat the Steelers pretty handily and then got smashed in the rematch in the Wild Card game. Ajayi had like 212 rushing yards in the first game, and was totally shut down in the rematch. Fournette ran wild on Pittsburgh in October, and I think today will be a different story. I think that Jacksonville’s defense can keep them in it, and perhaps it won’t be as bad as 30-12. I’ll go with 24-13 Steelers. 

Schefter tweeted that a source told him that Antonio Brown is not close to 100%, but will still give it a go. 

If the Steelers are smart, LeVeon Bell will run the ball 30+ times.   Don't let Ben throw too much and give the Jags a shot at turnovers to flip the game like last time. 

I will say 20-3 Steelers. 

Heading down to stadium to tailgate.  It is really frigid.  Not much wind though and not a cloud in the sky.

I expect a healthy dose of Bell too.  Steelers 23 Jags 17

Schefter tweeted that a source told him that Antonio Brown is not close to 100%, but will still give it a go. 

If the Steelers are smart, LeVeon Bell will run the ball 30+ times.   Don't let Ben throw too much and give the Jags a shot at turnovers to flip the game like last time. 

I will say 20-3 Steelers. 
I wonder if AB not being close to 100 % is due to the calf or the flu.  I hope the latter.  

I wonder if AB not being close to 100 % is due to the calf or the flu.  I hope the latter.  
The report from FBG was flu. 

Either way, make him a decoy and use juju/Bryant and Bell. 

I'll admit it, I want the Steelers to beat the jags by more than the Patriots beat the Titans. It's petty, but I really don't like the jaguars.

Sarcasm and snark aside, it will be interesting to see how the Steelers attack Jags defense, especially thru the air.

Jags have had huge problems with QB bootleg and pass to TE. Steelers don't do that. 

Teams have tried to iso a RB or TE on Poz.  Steelers run a lot of 3WR sets which takes Poz off field.

Jags have 3 solid corners to counter the Steelers WR.

Looking for some jet sweeps, and swing passes to Bell.

Chris ivory, Mickens inactive.

Dede on punt return

@JohnOehser: Jaguars inactives for Sunday:

RB Chris Ivory
NT Eli Ankou
LB Deon King
OL Chris Reed
OL Josh Walker
OT William Poehls
WR Jaydon Mickens

@DavidPurdum: Jaguars at Steelers (-7, 41): Three times as much money has been bet on Pittsburgh as has been been bet on Jacksonville @CaesarsPalace books.

If Fournette wants to be talked about like Bell, Zeke, Gurley...

THis would be a pretty good game to make it happen.

Bold, far out prediction- 

I think it comes down to  late 4th quarter 2 point conversion.  Also like the over just a bit.  Something like 23 - 21. 

Who wins? Magic 8 ball is getting hazy 

Bold, far out prediction- 

I think it comes down to  late 4th quarter 2 point conversion.  Also like the over just a bit.  Something like 23 - 21. 

Who wins? Magic 8 ball is getting hazy 
Yeah, I agree on the over, actually. 

I'm not sure who wins, either, but that line is tempting on Jax's end.  

Which means the Steelers will win 18-7, or something like it. 

@AlyssaLang: Steelers jumbotron announces Antonio Brown active. Audible cheers from the few Steelers fans who are already in the building

Last week was the first Jags game I watched all year. They really rubbed me the wrong way. I thought they were dirty. Targeted Tyrod. Lots of extracurriculars. 

But I guess I'm rooting for them. #### Big Ben. Also, as a Skins fan it is in my best interest for the Jaguars to stick with Blake The Great next year. Need him to have a good game today. 

Last week was the first Jags game I watched all year. They really rubbed me the wrong way. I thought they were dirty. Targeted Tyrod. Lots of extracurriculars. 

But I guess I'm rooting for them. #### Big Ben. Also, as a Skins fan it is in my best interest for the Jaguars to stick with Blake The Great next year. Need him to have a good game today. 
Jags defense is not lacking in confidence or swagger. Gus is gone but Todd Wash is DC and he's another former Seahawk guy. Except he actually molds the defense to match players strengths.  If you didn't like Legion of Boom, you won't like the Jags defense with less of a pedigree

Jags defense is not lacking in confidence or swagger. Gus is gone but Todd Wash is DC and he's another former Seahawk guy. Except he actually molds the defense to match players strengths.  If you didn't like Legion of Boom, you won't like the Jags defense with less of a pedigree
But I want to like them! I'm a FSU alum. Huge Ramsey fan. 

Users who are viewing this thread