What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The dark side of baseball (1 Viewer)

Yogibear

Footballguy
Ever since I joined this forum, I've been mainly posting about football and basketball.  I bet all of you are wondering why I don't talk about baseball.  Well, the answer can be explained in 3 letters: P-E-D.  Yes, baseball was the last sport to outlaw steroids, but by the time they finally did, it was too late.  How else can you explain Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire, Roger Clemens, Rafael Palmeiro, and Sammy Sosa not being in the Hall of Fame?  It took an act of Congress for MLB to do something about this.  As far as I'm concerned, the records in baseball are tarnished.  I mean, does the name Lyle Alzado mean anything to anybody?!! 

I even saw that there's a website that talks about the steroid era in baseball.  It's called www.baseballssteroidera.com.  Please feel free to comment if you have the same feelings for baseball that I do.

Ever since I joined this forum, I've been mainly posting about football and basketball.  I bet all of you are wondering why I don't talk about baseball.  Well, the answer can be explained in 3 letters: P-E-D.  Yes, baseball was the last sport to outlaw steroids, but by the time they finally did, it was too late.  How else can you explain Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire, Roger Clemens, Rafael Palmeiro, and Sammy Sosa not being in the Hall of Fame?  It took an act of Congress for MLB to do something about this.  As far as I'm concerned, the records in baseball are tarnished.  I mean, does the name Lyle Alzado mean anything to anybody?!! 

I even saw that there's a website that talks about the steroid era in baseball.  It's called www.baseballssteroidera.com.  Please feel free to comment if you have the same feelings for baseball that I do.
I think it's a pretty common sports criticism that baseball had a steroid era and that the players that played the game seriously altered the landscape for baseball statistics. I don't think that's new or lost on any of us.  

You know, I was having this exact conversation with my wife last night over dinner.  She asked, "Leo, why is it that Yogibear has shied away from talking baseball since he joined the FBG forums?"   I was shuked.  It was really weighing on my mind.  Thanks for the clarification.  I can now give her an informed response.

You know, I was having this exact conversation with my wife last night over dinner.  She asked, "Leo, why is it that Yogibear has shied away from talking baseball since he joined the FBG forums?"   I was shuked.  It was really weighing on my mind.  Thanks for the clarification.  I can now give her an informed response.
Lol

True, the other five posts in his entire history really leaves a void

Bonds, Clemens and really most of the players of that era denied using steroids so I'm going to take their word on it.  

I'll take that bet

Of course, baseball only has itself to blame.  If they had not outlawed PEDs, then they would not have this taint.

What year did he win the batting title?

Boy, this thread really seems to have gotten some traction - I'm sure at least 80% of the posters in here are going to the site  :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread