What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL NFC CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD*** Eagles going to the Bowl!!!! (1 Viewer)

mr roboto said:
So which eagles fans wanted the Saints over this defense?
i was hoping for Saints, but you play the hand you're dealt. Will be a tough game

Last edited by a moderator:
Eagles home dogs vs the emotional high of Vikes win + potential home SB. I might like the Eagles if I were taking the 3.5 points. Hmm should be a great game. 

Well i think the vikings win,however keenums come back passes were prettu much prayers. Gonna be a good game to see who loses to brady

Vikings 17 eagles 13

Two great defenses.  With foles I think the birds offense is inferior to minny but Pedersons play calling can even it out.  Homefield advantage in philly is real again.  Gonna be the team that scores a def td that wins it.  I like my birds' chances.

Looking to be a balmy 40+ on Sunday. So weather shouldn't factor in.
i think the real difference is the wind (was funny hearing people talking about the cold effecting the dome teams. i'm pretty sure people living in Minnesota know what cold is). but yeah, the wind Saturday definitely influenced passes and kicks, not sure Kai will be kicking any 50+ outdoors

I think this game will come down to coaching.  Both teams are very similar and neither really has a major advantage IMO.  I anticipate another very close game that likely comes down to a big turnover.  I'm not even sure who has the advantage there because I could either of these 2 QBs making a big mistake against a very good defense.  

Has it hit anyone else that we were a few plays away from getting Ryan vs Brees and Roethlisberger vs Brady rather than what we have now? Not complaining at all, just crazy how close we were to having a totally different dynamic in the playoffs. 

Steelers recover onside kick, Matt Ryan hits Julio in the end zone in 1 of 4 downs, Saints...well you know. 

Networks panicing trying to figure out how to market these games without marquee quarterback/widereceiver matchups. 

Has it hit anyone else that we were a few plays away from getting Ryan vs Brees and Roethlisberger vs Brady rather than what we have now? Not complaining at all, just crazy how close we were to having a totally different dynamic in the playoffs. 

Steelers recover onside kick, Matt Ryan hits Julio in the end zone in 1 of 4 downs, Saints...well you know. 

Networks panicing trying to figure out how to market these games without marquee quarterback/widereceiver matchups. 
Bortles vs. Keenum.

Vikes take this one.  I just can’t see Foles and the Eagles offense doing much of anything against the Vikes D.  Plus when stuff like today happens it seems like the Vikings are a team of destiny.

If Sendejo is out that’s a big dropoff for MN. When he was out earlier this year it hurt the D.

Griffen is limping more too. Robison is best situationally as he’s getting up there. 

Vikes take this one.  I just can’t see Foles and the Eagles offense doing much of anything against the Vikes D.  Plus when stuff like today happens it seems like the Vikings are a team of destiny.
Eagles also seemed like a team of destiny after 4th and 26 in the divisional round in 2004, destiny didn't help much.

This should be a very interesting game. Teams are built very similarly. Both have great defenses. Neither Foles nor Keenum really wow anyone. These guys have to manage the game and not make mistakes. Murray and McKinnon vs Ajayi and Blount seems to be a wash too.  Theilan and Diggs may be ever so slightly better than Jeffery and Agholor, but Ertz is better than Rudolph.  

I know it's cliche but this one really could come down the Special Teams and turnovers. I don't see much difference anywhere else

I think this game will come down to coaching.  Both teams are very similar and neither really has a major advantage IMO.  I anticipate another very close game that likely comes down to a big turnover.  I'm not even sure who has the advantage there because I could either of these 2 QBs making a big mistake against a very good defense.  
this. A 2 or 3 point spread toward the Vikes sounds about right given Foles under center, but most people are under-estimating the Eagles defense. The Vikings on the road, in the elements are not exactly intimidating on offense, and that defense just (basically) shut out the same team that crushed the Rams on the road. (BOTH Falcons scores were set up by short fields/turnovers.) The Eagles defense is certainly capable of shutting down the Vikings offense. Throw in the home field advantage and it's hard to see this game going big in either direction. A low scoring defensive slugfest decided by a turnover or two is what I expect.

Vikings maybe a little too high after a huge emotional win, and a little home cooking. Eagles 17 Vikings 13.....but this could easily be reversed

#### the networks

Minnesota is referred to as the "team of destiny" after winning a game on a crazy missed tackle.

Eagles aren't referred to as the "team of destiny" after losing all pro lineman, running back, linebacker and potential MVP QB and winning the #1 seed in the playoffs ...

Minnesota is referred to as the "team of destiny" after winning a game on a crazy missed tackle.

Eagles aren't referred to as the "team of destiny" after losing all pro lineman, running back, linebacker and potential MVP QB and winning the #1 seed in the playoffs ...
A very large part of that moniker is that the SB is at their home stadium. The Eagles' story isn't as intriguing.

A very large part of that moniker is that the SB is at their home stadium. The Eagles' story isn't as intriguing.
Agreed.  I think most non-Eagles fans want to see the Vikings make it for this factor alone.  I bet on the Eagles money line so Go Eagles!

Should be a good defensive battle. Really wish Wentz was playing though! Would not be surprised if we are right here next year meeting again in the playoffs.

Users who are viewing this thread