What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is this an easy Patriots Super Bowl win? (1 Viewer)

kutta

Footballguy
For the record, I’m a Cardinals and Lions fan :bag:  and have no dog in this fight.

Has there ever been an easier path to winning the Super Bowl at this point than the Pats have. Case Keenum, Nick Foles, and Blake Bortles are the remaining QB’s? Really? I get that defense really matters, but let’s not forget with those Seattle teams, they had a dude named Russel Wilson. We still have to go back to Trent Dilfer to find a crummy QB with a great D who won a Super Bowl. 

Chalk up another one for the Patriots this year.

For the record, I’m a Cardinals and Lions fan :bag:  and have no dog in this fight.

Has there ever been an easier path to winning the Super Bowl at this point than the Pats have. Case Keenum, Nick Foles, and Blake Bortles are the remaining QB’s? Really? I get that defense really matters, but let’s not forget with those Seattle teams, they had a dude named Russel Wilson. We still have to go back to Trent Dilfer to find a crummy QB with a great D who won a Super Bowl. 

Didn't those teams beat the teams led by Big Ben, Matt Ryan and Drew Brees? The only break would be if the Eagles make the super bowl, since Wentz got hurt.

Didn't those teams beat the teams led by Big Ben, Matt Ryan and Drew Brees? The only break would be if the Eagles make the super bowl, since Wentz got hurt.
Yep my thoughts too. Easiest path is the eagles. If the Vikes win then Brady still gotta make it through 2 really tough defenses who can make him move around in that pocket and get him antsy.

Yes, but two of those were at home, and none of those guys are Tom Brady.

New Orleans made so many dumb mistakes today that NE would never make. 

I’ll grant that there’s a very good possibility that the Vikings have a home Super Bowl, but there’s no way in hell that Case Keenum beats Tom Brady in the Super Bowl.

Yes, but two of those were at home, and none of those guys are Tom Brady.

New Orleans made so many dumb mistakes today that NE would never make. 

I’ll grant that there’s a very good possibility that the Vikings have a home Super Bowl, but there’s no way in hell that Case Keenum beats Tom Brady in the Super Bowl.
Why? Case Keenum now (jury still out on Bortles) is better than Peyton was a couple years ago. If the D is good enough to make Brady move as has been proven time and time again, Jags or Vikes can win.

Jags won’t be an easy cake walk like Tennessee was. Even so, the Pats’ Super Bowls have all been one score games basically. Anything can happen. Minnesota playing in their home park with that defense won’t get blown out if they can get past Philly.  Philly defense is also really tough.  Still some good football left. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Why? Case Keenum now (jury still out on Bortles) is better than Peyton was a couple years ago. If the D is good enough to make Brady move as has been proven time and time again, Jags or Vikes can win.
So far yes but Peyton at least managed the offense well, did not make a lot of mistakes, was a solid vet game manager. The pressure of a SB is another matter, and I have great fear that the stage will eat Keenum or Foles alive.

I think the jags have a great shot vs the pats
I'd have liked their chances more if they played them this week. I got this worry that young teams like the Jags, after puling off the big win today, can't pull it back together in a week, can't keep the focus together.

All these teams are “first timers.” There’s just no way the Pats lose any of these games. The pressure will be too much on these other teams, and the Pats D is good enough to capitalize on the mistakes all these QB’s will make.

Seriously, how much $ would people be willing to bet against the Pats winning? I’d lay 2-1 on almost any amount that the Pats win it all.

All these teams are “first timers.” There’s just no way the Pats lose any of these games. The pressure will be too much on these other teams, and the Pats D is good enough to capitalize on the mistakes all these QB’s will make.

Seriously, how much $ would people be willing to bet against the Pats winning? I’d lay 2-1 on almost any amount that the Pats win it all.
Sounds like you should:

A) Not watch any more football

or

B) Find a bookie

Sounds like you should:

A) Not watch any more football

or

B) Find a bookie
Are you willing to take that bet? I’ll lay $2,000 to your $1,000 that NE wins it all.

Or maybe I shouldn’t watch any more football ?

Edit: I’ll actually give you 2-1 on any amount you want. How about $1,000,000? Or $100? You name it.

The blueprint for success against NE has always been there. Very seldom can teams follow it.

On D....

Out of the remaining 3 D's.......which team has a LB/CB/S that can hang with Gronk?

Which team can generate pressure with their front 4 and smack/knock down Brady?

Which team is the best at open field tackling and can corral all those mighty mites on NE's O?

Here we go again. 

Are you willing to take that bet? I’ll lay $2,000 to your $1,000 that NE wins it all.

Or maybe I shouldn’t watch any more football ?

Edit: I’ll actually give you 2-1 on any amount you want. How about $1,000,000? Or $100? You name it.
I don’t bet anymore. I’m retired. Find a bookie, looks like you have an angle nobody else knows about. Time to cash in. 

hold on, stay with me here.. 3 of the BEST defenses in the NFL are still alive next weekend. one of them is the historically significant Jags defense..forget the QB's the Ravens won with Dilfer (yuck)..Giants won with Hostetler..Redskins won with Doug Williams, Rypien..Bears with Jim McMahon..none of these guys were anything special ( ok maybe Rypien was for a cup of coffee), but none are HOF'ers..

I don't think it's an easy shot at all for NE to win the SB, or even win next weekend..they have BB and TB and Gronk,but not much else..they're great we know this. but if they beat the NFL's top 2 defenses in the Jags and then the Vikings you tip your hat to them,or Eagles..they would've earned it..hell man, Dolphins once again beat NE down here in Fla. the lousy Dolphins with Jay Cutler!! and didn't Cam Newton beat them in NE?  

I'd MUCH rather see the best defense in the AFC if not the entire NFL ( Jags) vs NE next week,than the lousy stinkin' steelers who can never and have never beaten the Pats in a meaningful game in what, a decade or more now?! cmon...you KNEW Tomlin had no chance in Foxboro next week..maybe the same is true for Jax, but for pete's sake at least it's NOT the 'can't get over the hump' Steelers again..:rollseyes:

and doubtful anyone's beating Minny in a home SB...

Jim Scwartz I'm not a fan of, but he can coach a sack happy bunch that'll get after Brady..and the Golf Visor in 5 degree weather wearing Doug Pederson can dial up some plays to confound the Pats defense..

I actually like this years crop of final 4 teams and if the Pats win it all , they have to go thru the best teams in the league, ones that have been at the top all year long..kudos to them if they pull it off..but Saints weren't beating NE they NEVER do..Pitt never does. 

if you're a Pats hater like I am you couldn't ask for a better final 4! the NFLs best teams are left. 1/2 seeds in NFC, 1/3 seeds in AFC..

KC, Pitt were pretenders but we knew this.

I don’t bet anymore. I’m retired. Find a bookie, looks like you have an angle nobody else knows about. Time to cash in. 
I’m just looking for someone to take the action. You seemed to think I didn’t watch enough football. Just thought you’d like in on the action. Guess not :shrug:  

Any of the 3 remaining teams will give the Patriots a battle.  They all have good defenses.  But it will come down to coaching any Belichick is the king (until proven otherwise).

can the d win games on its own like the 2015 Broncos though? I don't think they can. neither Jax nor MN

The Jags have a great defense. But they are 2-2 in their past four games, allowed 40+ points in two of those games, and allowed more points than they scored in those games. 

IMO, people are sleeping on the NE defense. People remember them from the beginning of the season. They have improved a ton since then. Based on points allowed, they are just as good as the remaining defenses. 

hold on, stay with me here.. 3 of the BEST defenses in the NFL are still alive next weekend. one of them is the historically significant Jags defense..forget the QB's the Ravens won with Dilfer (yuck)..Giants won with Hostetler..Redskins won with Doug Williams, Rypien..Bears with Jim McMahon..none of these guys were anything special ( ok maybe Rypien was for a cup of coffee), but none are HOF'ers..

I don't think it's an easy shot at all for NE to win the SB, or even win next weekend..they have BB and TB and Gronk,but not much else..they're great we know this. but if they beat the NFL's top 2 defenses in the Jags and then the Vikings you tip your hat to them,or Eagles..they would've earned it..hell man, Dolphins once again beat NE down here in Fla. the lousy Dolphins with Jay Cutler!! and didn't Cam Newton beat them in NE?  

I'd MUCH rather see the best defense in the AFC if not the entire NFL ( Jags) vs NE next week,than the lousy stinkin' steelers who can never and have never beaten the Pats in a meaningful game in what, a decade or more now?! cmon...you KNEW Tomlin had no chance in Foxboro next week..maybe the same is true for Jax, but for pete's sake at least it's NOT the 'can't get over the hump' Steelers again..:rollseyes:

and doubtful anyone's beating Minny in a home SB...

Jim Scwartz I'm not a fan of, but he can coach a sack happy bunch that'll get after Brady..and the Golf Visor in 5 degree weather wearing Doug Pederson can dial up some plays to confound the Pats defense..

I actually like this years crop of final 4 teams and if the Pats win it all , they have to go thru the best teams in the league, ones that have been at the top all year long..kudos to them if they pull it off..but Saints weren't beating NE they NEVER do..Pitt never does. 

if you're a Pats hater like I am you couldn't ask for a better final 4! the NFLs best teams are left. 1/2 seeds in NFC, 1/3 seeds in AFC..

KC, Pitt were pretenders but we knew this.
I’m down with this.

But I just think it’s a QB league and none of these guys are good enough. Brady has seen it all, and he’s just not going to lose to these remaining teams. I’m not saying they will all be blowouts, but there’s just no way these QB’s are going to beat the Pats when it really counts.

I’m just looking for someone to take the action. You seemed to think I didn’t watch enough football. Just thought you’d like in on the action. Guess not :shrug:  
My suggesting you not watch football meant that you have already crowned New England. No need for you to watch anymore. Why waste your time?

There is literally an entire city in Nevada you can go to.  Book a flight and make it happen.

Jaguars beat the Steelers. Team USA beat the Russians. Rocky beat Ivan Drago. Who knows, it’s the playoffs. 

Users who are viewing this thread