What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New massive startup league: Using real NFL Players in a NCAA style format (1 Viewer)

fezzyfezz

Footballguy
Hello everyone. I have decided to create a new startup using the NCAA head coach theme, but with NFL fantasy football! How does that work exactly? Well, the key components to any NCAA head coaching job include scouting young players, recruiting and allocating scholarships, and competing to participate in the college post season. This is how I plan to do that:

The Youth Movement

In The Fantasy Collegiate Football League (FCFL), only players in their first 4 years (or 5 if you used a redshirt) can be used. This means say goodbye to OBJ and Mike Evans, they just graduated as part of the 2017 graduation class! Owners will have to prepared to adapt each year as the new draft class comes in and the senior class moves on!

Recruitment

Recruiting in FCFL works much like any dynasty auction would. You have a budget of funds to allocate, and you spend them on NFL rookies when they come into the league just like you'd recruit freshman to your school! The person who bids the highest "scholarship money" will be award the player! And much like the real NCAA, you only get so many scholarships to give out. Give them all to one draft class, and you won't have much leverage in the next!

The College Post-Season

Just like any good NCAA Post-Season, we have playoffs, bowl games, and even our own college football ranking system! With an 8 team playoff, plus multiple major and minor bowls to play for, all schools from both power and mid-major conferences will have something to play for.

If this sounds interesting to you, please leave a name and email or PM me. I'll be starting up a groupme with people interested, as well as creating a list so that when MFL rolls over we can get everything setup! The by-laws are still in the "rough draft" phase, but I made a copy with what we have so far. While there still may be edits, the core idea remains the same. The size of the league will reflect the interest level, so it could be anything from 50 to 88 teams!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NriOz-e-L1tADiix0STjNvTd4QPX9PeQ_0BEKeYfx1U/edit

Also quick shoutout to the NCFF, who's league inspired the one I am starting now. Again, please feel free to ask questions below, and if you would like to be added to the list/groupme leave your name and email. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread