What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best Homemade Cookie In Existence (1 Viewer)

Best homemade cookie type

• Total voters
I do like a nice warm snickerdoodle, plus as an added bonus my mom taught my wife how to make them and she told her the trick was to take them out before they look done, so whenever she makes them I always make sure to tell her the trick is to take them out before they look done (it really annoys her)

I do like a nice warm snickerdoodle, plus as an added bonus my mom taught my wife how to make them and she told her the trick was to take them out before they look done, so whenever she makes them I always make sure to tell her the trick is to take them out before they look done (it really annoys her)
hot

Your mom taught your wife that thing you like?

My wife makes a killer mocha chocolate chip cookie that is, absolutely, to die for.  I used to think it was just me and my son being bias or whatever.  I brought them into work and people went nuts.  My wife says "meh, I don't see the big deal, I just added some instant coffee to the mix, you guys are just hungry."

My wife makes a killer mocha chocolate chip cookie that is, absolutely, to die for.  I used to think it was just me and my son being bias or whatever.  I brought them into work and people went nuts.  My wife says "meh, I don't see the big deal, I just added some instant coffee to the mix, you guys are just hungry."
instant espresso powder?  How many packets to how much dough?  Does it make the dough darker?

I celebrate the entire cookie catalog but the most popular is still the best when done right - vote Chocolate Chip
The Toll House Chocolate Chip cookie is the best. Period.

I haven't had a truly great homemade peanut butter cookie. Yet, I'm still voting for it based purely on potential.

If they're done right (soft, chewy) nothing beats a peanut butter cookie.
The best way to do a peanut butter cookie is the Peanut Blossom; peanut butter cookie with a chocolate kiss. My wife makes them for Christmas, but they could be done all year.

My wife makes a cookie for Christmas that is like a hybrid of a molasses cookie and a gingerbread cookie, with dark chocolate chunks. It is the best cookie in the world.

I feel like this whole thread was a commercial for Greek Wedding Cookies.  Never heard of em and can't imagine they are in anyone's top 10. 

Got a recipe? We do cookies every year for gifts and we're searching to replace our current one.
My wife used to have a hand-written recipe from her grandmother, but we lost it in a move.  In truth, I normally just buy the ones from a local DC bakery called Whisked, which is a dead ringer.  I have, however, tried to make them for the holidays a few times.

There's a Martha Stewart recipe that is very close.  And an Anne Burrell recipe too.  I like the Burrell recipe because it has cloves.  The key is to look for a recipe where they're showing a cookie with a fairly large diameter.  It should be thin and crispy at the edges, have a crinkly top, and be denser and chewier in the middle.  From there, you can toy with cinnamon, cloves, ginger, nutmeg etc. to taste.  

If they're done right (soft, chewy) nothing beats a peanut butter cookie.
not a fan.   However my wife makes the best damn peanut butter cookie with the hersheys kiss in the middle, don't know what you call them but that's a death sentence for me when she makes those.  

Users who are viewing this thread