Trump is Unfit?

6 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Yeah, that's not what is happening

Yeah it kind of is. 

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

Where I disagree with the folks in here is that he visited the church solely for a photo op.  Of course him posing for a picture was for a photo but that is why he went there.  He went to support the church and survey the scene on the ground like all good Presidents do.  

Good, progress.  It was a photo op. Yes absolutely there can be a difference of opinion in his motivations for going there. You don’t believe he went there for the photo op, I believe he did. Neither one of us will ever know who’s right because none of us are in his head.  But if it was or wasn’t a photo op is not in question.  

*And I’ll ignore your Freudian slip in the bolded. 😉

Edited by dkp993

3 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

Where I disagree with the folks in here is that he visited the church solely for a photo op.  Of course him posing for a picture was for a photo but that is why he went there.  He went to support the church and survey the scene on the ground like all good Presidents do.  

I was with you right up until the third sentence.  He never went inside and never met with a single member of the church.

He walked across.

He posed for the pictures.

He walked back.

/scene

• Like 6

1 hour ago, dkp993 said:

Sure and she could be absolutely telling the truth but just didn’t hear it. That doesn’t mean the warnings didn’t come. So her statement while being truthful could also be incorrect. We just don’t know.  So I error on the side of what I seen in the past, and that is the police giving warnings about the impending gas bombs being dropped on people. It’s pretty standard protocol.  

I'm also going to assume that warnings were given, but it's abundantly apparent that they weren't obvious enough.

51 minutes ago, [scooter] said:
54 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

Why would President Biden be going to an NRA rally?

Good point. It's kind of like saying "Why would President Trump be going to a church?"

:lmao: 

Perfect.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Laughing 1

Posted (edited)

Edited by bigbottom

Posted (edited)

Edited by bigbottom

10 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

:lmao:  Supporting the church by ejecting the clergy and surveying the scene by not surveying any of the damage or hardly even looking at the church.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Laughing 4
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

Good, progress.  It was a photo op. Yes absolutely there can be a difference of opinion in his motivations for going there. You don’t believe he went there for the photo op, I believe he did. Neither one of us will ever know who’s right because none of us are in his head.  But if it was or wasn’t a photo op is not in question.  

*And I’ll ignore your Freudian slip in the bolded. 😉

Crap, typo ruins my argument.  Good catch.

12 minutes ago, -jb- said:

I was with you right up until the third sentence.  He never went inside and never met with a single member of the church.

He walked across.

He posed for the pictures.

He walked back.

/scene

Let's not forget the tear gas and force used to clear a path to the church, including on a priest of said church.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

Crap, typo ruins my argument.  Good catch.

Typo, freudian slip. Potato, potato. 😝 

• Laughing 1

1 hour ago, HellToupee said:

I love ho the majority of this place openly mocks  religion and religious people but are outraged by Donald holding a bible

:goodposting:

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Republican Sen. Tim Scott: "Obviously, if your question is, should you use tear gas to clear a path so the president can go have a photo-op, the answer is no.”

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Smoke cannisters and pepper balls, apparently. Considerable and easily discernible difference to the people on the receiving end, I'm sure.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Todd Andrews said:

Kings 2:23-24: From there, Elisha went up to Bethel, and as he was walking up the road, a group of young men came out of the city and jeered at him, chanting, “Go up, you baldhead! Go up, you baldhead!” 24 Then he turned around, looked at them, and called down a curse on them in the name of the LORD. Suddenly two female bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys.

That's some good old fashioned smitin' right there.

34 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

Once again I was proven correct.

Listen to Noonan

Protesters were not peaceful and no tear gas was used.  

Like I said, common sense.

Protestors were peaceful by accounts of those on the ground...including those on the property of the church who heard saw and smelled and dealt with what was happening.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sho nuff said:

Protestors were peaceful by accounts of those on the ground...including those on the property of the church who heard saw and smelled and dealt with what was happening.

There were people on buildings throwing stuff at police.  They were not all peaceful.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

There were people on buildings throwing stuff at police.  They were not all peaceful.

After they started firing what they did...yes thats in the videos i believe.  Not from the church...by any account.

13 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

I saw one guy throwing a few things, and he was told to, and I believe this is a direct quote from a woman in the crowd, "Stop throwing ####!" So aside from one idiot, and unverified reports of stuff getting thrown at police from buildings, that still leaves the problem of chemical agents being used on peaceful protesters, which is a thing that happened whether you want to believe it or not.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kal El said:

I saw one guy throwing a few things, and he was told to, and I believe this is a direct quote from a woman in the crowd, "Stop throwing ####!" So aside from one idiot, and unverified reports of stuff getting thrown at police from buildings, that still leaves the problem of chemical agents being used on peaceful protesters, which is a thing that happened whether you want to believe it or not.

TEAR GAS was not used.  Own it.  It is okay to be wrong.  My goodness.

1 minute ago, Don't Noonan said:

TEAR GAS was not used.  Own it.  It is okay to be wrong.  My goodness.

If you go back and look real close at my post, nowhere in it did I mention tear gas by name. By your own assertion, pepper balls were used, which I took the liberty of seeing what went into them, and lo and behold, they share a similar chemical makeup to tear gas. Never mind the canisters found, I won't even talk about those, but the fact of the matter is that chemical agents were used on peaceful protesters.

It's okay to be wrong.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kal El said:

If you go back and look real close at my post, nowhere in it did I mention tear gas by name. By your own assertion, pepper balls were used, which I took the liberty of seeing what went into them, and lo and behold, they share a similar chemical makeup to tear gas. Never mind the canisters found, I won't even talk about those, but the fact of the matter is that chemical agents were used on peaceful protesters.

It's okay to be wrong.

Thank you for admitting I was right.  Well done.  :hifive:

• Laughing 1

Just now, Don't Noonan said:

Thank you for admitting I was right.  Well done.  :hifive:

If you think disproving your assertion means I proved you were right, I have solemn news for you. But since this is as unproductive as ever, I'll leave you to whatever it is that involves being factually incorrect.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Kal El said:

If you think disproving your assertion means I proved you were right, I have solemn news for you. But since this is as unproductive as ever, I'll leave you to whatever it is that involves being factually incorrect.

My 20 posts or so this afternoon defending myself from the echo chamber have been vindicated.  It feels great thanks.  Have a good night!

Edited by Don't Noonan
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

1 minute ago, Don't Noonan said:

My 20 posts or so this afternoon defending myself from the echo chamber have been vindicated.  It feels great thanks.  Have a good night!

If you had claimed all afternoon (in likely more than 20 posts) that there was no tear gas maybe.  But that wasn't the case.

You are now splitting hairs that other chemical agents were used as well as police physically removing people which was still not justified.  Especially from church property.

10 hours ago, Kal El said:

How many support retraining police?

The police aren’t trained to kill innocent people 

12 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

They're also not trained to fire tear gas at peaceful protesters, but look where we are now.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

But their tactics often result in it which would indicate retraining is needed.  As well as oversight  so such things dint get covered up.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Kal El said:

They're also not trained to fire tear gas at peaceful protesters, but look where we are now.

Move the goalposts some more I guess

have a great night

24 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

But their tactics often result in it which would indicate retraining is needed. 

Often??

Their tactics OFTEN result in the death of innocent people?

bull#### 

2 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Often??

bull#### 

Death, injury...yes, far too often.

1 minute ago, sho nuff said:

Death, injury...yes, far too often.

Too often is a whole hell of a lot different than often

You’d obviously agree with that, right?

6 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Often??

bull#### 

Well, "often" is a little subjective, but it is true that 1 in 1000 black men in America can expect to die at the hands of police. So there is a problem. 

4 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Too often is a whole hell of a lot different than often

You’d obviously agree with that, right?

I think the intention was similar actually

Just now, Todd Andrews said:

Well, "often" is a little subjective, but it is true that 1 in 1000 black men in America can expect to die at the hands of police. So there is a problem. 

How many of those 1 in 1000 were not justified? As in were they were armed and dangerous?

I ask because i don’t know. Show me

Just now, Cowboysfan8 said:

What?

Well i wrote both post so Im saying my intention was the same.  Tactics need to change.

19 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Move the goalposts some more I guess

have a great night

I'll have you know my goalposts are set in stone, thank you very much. This whole fiasco started because a cop who had prior complaints killed a person, and people are sick of living in fear from people who are supposed to serve and protect. Their training is inadequate, their military style weaponry is unnecessary, and their public relations are an outright tragedy. They need to make sweeping changes, and it needs to happen yesterday.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

I didn’t question your numbers.

Lets try again. Are you saying these killings are all the fault of the police?

What percentage is the police’s fault?

I gave you the source of the information and it doesnt break the stat down by fault or percentages, just gives the raw statistic. Which itself is troubling.

1 minute ago, Todd Andrews said:

I gave you the source of the information and it doesnt break the stat down by fault or percentages, just gives the raw statistic. Which itself is troubling.

It’s troubling, but I don’t know how anyone can blame the police for the raw statistic without knowing how many are the fault of the police and how many arent

🤷🏻‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Todd Andrews said:

:lmao:

look who’s back in town

• Love 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Kal El said:

I'll have you know my goalposts are set in stone, thank you very much. This whole fiasco started because a cop who had prior complaints killed a person, and people are sick of living in fear from people who are supposed to serve and protect. Their training is inadequate, their military style weaponry is unnecessary, and their public relations are an outright tragedy. They need to make sweeping changes, and it needs to happen yesterday.

“Hold officers accountable who use excessive force. But there’s no evidence of widespread racial bias.”

”a police officer is 18½ times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male is to be killed by a police officer”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/the-myth-of-systemic-police-racism-11591119883

Edited by Cowboysfan8

Steve King is gone....gone forever

• Like 2
  • Love 2

24 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Well i wrote both post so Im saying my intention was the same.  

Lol ok