What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 NASCAR Thread (4 Viewers)

TV coverage just said he was put in the ambulance. The fact that there's no word about being alert or movement is concerning to me IMHO.

They didn't need to cut the car up to get him out. That makes me think he was conscious and unstrapped himself.

Someone at the track should have seen him taken out of the car. See no reports on twitter

Not much of a race fan, but I hope Newman is OK.  Have a sinking feeling that Jeff Gordon knew he was not in that last clip before they signed off.  That collision into the drivers side door when he was upside down seemed like an impossibly bad hit.

Joe Gibbs issues an apology for the Denny Hamlin team celebrating winning the #Daytona500 after the Ryan Newman wreck. Says they did not see the severity of it and are praying for him. Somber

Always classy Gibbs.

Joe Gibbs issues an apology for the Denny Hamlin team celebrating winning the #Daytona500 after the Ryan Newman wreck. Says they did not see the severity of it and are praying for him. Somber

Always classy Gibbs.
He was actually trying to reign everyone in right after the race I think.  Hamlin really should have waited to see what was up.  Or someone should have been in his ear telling him to wait.

NASCAR America coming up at 9 pm on NBCsports. Hopefully good news then

ETA: Interesting it’s not on. More hockey stuff....

Last edited by a moderator:
Cars have flipped a billion times before without issue, doing a burnout in the grass literally on your way around is no big deal. 

I'm sure everyone assumed it was just another crash.

As soon as Denny got out he said they take the safety for granted and is hoping Ryan is ok

Cars have flipped a billion times before without issue, doing a burnout in the grass literally on your way around is no big deal. 
The car that T-boned him on the driver side while upside down was the problem.  Lajoie(?) I think.  The spotter should have flagged that for the team.  But honestly -- does anyone think Hamlin knew he might be dead and decided to celebrate anyhow?

The car that T-boned him on the driver side while upside down was the problem.  Lajoie(?) I think.  The spotter should have flagged that for the team.  But honestly -- does anyone think Hamlin knew he might be dead and decided to celebrate anyhow?
Yeah I know that was the worse hit, my point was more these guys are used to seeing cars flipping a bunch and just getting out and walking to the ambulance, that it's not first instinct to be subdued...

No I don’t believe so.  Despite some of the in fighting, as a group the drivers are a tight community.  If Denny had any inkling Newman was seriously injured I truly believe he would not have celebrated that way.

Hamlin and Newman has been battling it all night against each other and actually had been Side drafting and bump drafting all night as somewhat of a team. There was a funny exchange with Newman regarding Hamlin late in the race that was caught over the mics. Hamlin had no idea what had happened until he hit victory lane.

No I don’t believe so.  Despite some of the in fighting, as a group the drivers are a tight community.  If Denny had any inkling Newman was seriously injured I truly believe he would not have celebrated that way.
Right... that's what I was saying.  Only an idiot would believe he knew and just didn't care.

Hamlin's spotter with a series of tweets.  Feel for the guy -- sounds like criticism of Hamlin is hitting him hard and he's taking the blame for it onto himself.

Up until now I've assumed no news was bad news, but we're pushing 2hrs.  I'd think if it was a simple as he'd passed they'd say something to that effect fairly soon.  The longer it goes the more it might be that they're still fighting to save him and just don't know where things are going to shake out.

Up until now I've assumed no news was bad news, but we're pushing 2hrs.  I'd think if it was a simple as he'd passed they'd say something to that effect fairly soon.  The longer it goes the more it might be that they're still fighting to save him and just don't know where things are going to shake out.
No news is very, very, very bad news.

If there was the slightest bit of movement or sign of consciousness, it would have been mentioned.

I tend to lean this way.

Users who are viewing this thread